Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Make Alliance Tournament Entry Only

kajacro (GB1)kajacro (GB1) GB1 Posts: 211
On behalf of small alliances, with some level 70s, who pretty much like to play the events, I would like to suggest that the Alliance Tournament becomes an event you have to enter, like Berimond or Storm.
One look at the alliance tournament table and you can identify those scrambling to get to the top, those in the middle who've been hit by those scrambling, and those at the bottom who either haven't been hit yet, or aren't considered worthy of a hit.
Just taken a hit to an OP which wiped my force for attacking Berimonds, depriving me of the income from that, plus the expense of repairs. I have been hit like this each time every time there has been one of these tournaments. 
I'd like to say that I work hard to improve my defence and at the game in general. I don't want to be in a big alliance. Yes, I know it's a war game, before someone says it.
The fact that I'm a low lvl 70 in a small alliance makes me a magnet for these glory attacks.
Good way to drive people out of the game, I'd say. The map is littered with low 70 ruins. It seems that only by joining a big alliance can you avoid this. I'm sure there will be a lot of people ready to shout me down here, but surely I'm not alone in this point of view?
Please, make this competition by entry only.

Edit: another hit coming in as I speak, super cast, vet horrors. This time we are on online so he can open gates. But that's all we can do.
Edit 2: Login again to find a second hit coming in in Peaks.
Edit 3: suffered my 3rd offline attack this evening. Way to go, big alliances. We can't  have the alliance tournament by entry only because of the small number of players on the UK server, according to received wisdom. So what's that doing, but driving people like me away? 

kajacro @ en 1
Post edited by kajacro (GB1) on

Comments

• I can see where you coming from  but your in a server that is small playing a game that is currently based on attacking (the defense part of the game its shocking )

If there was an opt in opt out... Youd need a whole alliance to do it. so during the alliance tournament you couldn't hit ruins or players what so ever. And as you said it is a war game and that part of the general play not just alliance tournament.

How ever they do allow you to opt out personally ... By going into protection mode.

~Ultra
    Disclaimer:
    Everything I say is strictly personal opinion and not in relation to my alliance or affiliates.

Ultra - First and Last.
    Back to Break Some Balls - You Miss Me ?
    Poking the bear since 2013.
  • kajacro (GB1)kajacro (GB1) GB1 Posts: 211
    I can see where you coming from  but your in a server that is small playing a game that is currently based on attacking (the defense part of the game its shocking )

If there was an opt in opt out... Youd need a whole alliance to do it. so during the alliance tournament you couldn't hit ruins or players what so ever. And as you said it is a war game and that part of the general play not just alliance tournament.

How ever they do allow you to opt out personally ... By going into protection mode.

~Ultra
    I appreciate your saying @UltraFlavoured(GB1) that you know where I'm coming from. Part of this I suppose is rooted in the lack of fairness, IMHO of the level 70 levels. As a level 70/43 the attacks on me today have been from players at 70/ 100+ and 200+ respectively. Despite all my efforts I cannot hope to compete.
    I will be going under protection for the next one... 
    kajacro @ en 1
  • I know your problem, and I was going to be in the same situation with this account.
    Very simply, to stay in this game without it being hell, you simply have to join a strong/powerful alliance. Some exeptions of course. 
    Attacks on these lv70's in smaller alliances who cannot manage them at all is terrible, there is nothing fair about it. But it is just going to be that way.
    Decedance, Sleaze and Excess
  • In my opinion, you should have to qualify in the league of powerpoint to be involved in the alliance Tournament Then they would all be battling against each other. Its sanctioned bullying as things stand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Battannia @ en 1

I WAS WITH YOU OVER THE DECLARE WAR UPDATE. DONT BRING IT BACK!!
  • millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,513
    So much cringe in this thread lolol
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • kajacro (GB1)kajacro (GB1) GB1 Posts: 211
    So much cringe in this thread lolol
    Thank you for your reasoned and well argued response. 
    kajacro @ en 1
  • Im sick of the alliance with big bucks running ruffshod over smalller alliances who cant spend 180 dollars 4 U're ruby packages. Kon is the alliance that comes to mind. I think the glory tournament be something you enter, not be beaten 2 a pulp by the big alliance ruby players. Guess what GGE? WE'RE NOT ALL RICH! Yes I know You want 2 make money ted by the same alliances time & time againthis game 2 get away from the real world, & not 2 be defeated by the same allinace time & time again! Yes I do buy rubies fr time 2 time & try & earn them but I cant kepp up with the rich people in these glory touneys
  • I feel sorry for the really good players in not very good alliances. They get targeted by all the big players

Please reduce the size of your signature.

Sir Wodan

• SKINK (AU1)SKINK (AU1) Posts: 690
    I feel sorry for the really good players in not very good alliances. They get targeted by all the big players

To be fair, getting glory from each other rather than burning players seems to be the best option for smaller servers it will make players stay for longer as the will be the "future" of the server
    Relationship with GGE (Its complicated) | Proud non-ruby buyer (Sort of) | I have a life (Barely)

@aus1 ~ SKINK - Level 70 - OVERLORDS -The Fearless - Honor : 2k

Level 68 vs Level 70 legendary 444

• @kajacro (GB1),
    I totally I agree with you, cuz it is almost virtually impossible to not be hit when you are a level 70 player in a small alliance and you either have to join a bigger alliance or buy protection or as a final choice, quit the game. This is a great idea and I just wanna tell GGE that because of good players quitting the game, you just lose yet another player that may buy rubies and, in other words, an income of money. Just wanted to say I support this.

I hope @CM Arcanine aka Steve sees this and maybe the GGE development team may implement this, thus making the game better.. 
    The Avengers
    Level 56
    Ruby player @ International 1

Archduke at level 50
    Guardian of the Sword at level 55

Bored ? Play these !

Unfortunately..Fortunately
    Not any more..
    What you have failed to mention..
    If life gives you..
    What's your excuse ?
    Re-name the person above you
    Sell Buy Trash

Official Shield Thread :
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/298892/official-shield-thread#latest

S.H.I.E.L.D: Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division
    My goal is to make S.H.I.E.L.D the best !
    Visit us at http://shieldalliance.in/

• Nata (NL1)Nata (NL1) NL1 Posts: 83
    You are  not alone.....
     A am  lvl 70/113, got hit by  70/800  .... twice ...30sec between attacks. And  cant do anything  back,  i am not a ruby player, but working  hard on my acc without buying...Now can i repair  again... till the next  tournament.... 
     Thinking about  exit the game, getting sick of those bullies. 

• You are  not alone.....
     A am  lvl 70/113, got hit by  70/800  .... twice ...30sec between attacks. And  cant do anything  back,  i am not a ruby player, but working  hard on my acc without buying...Now can i repair  again... till the next  tournament.... 
     Thinking about  exit the game, getting sick of those bullies. 

then pay back, tool clean, go mad on RV's.
    Empire Knights on UK1.

On and off.

this is my ask thread: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/296736/ask-vamp-3#latest

I know you're wearing thin down to the core.

So hold your breath.

• Nata (NL1)Nata (NL1) NL1 Posts: 83
    That's  the problem... if i pay back... i get  few visitors  more ...  and more... and  all my alliance  gets punished.. not nice .  

• On behalf of small alliances, with some level 70s, who pretty much like to play the events, I would like to suggest that the Alliance Tournament becomes an event you have to enter, like Berimond or Storm.
    One look at the alliance tournament table and you can identify those scrambling to get to the top, those in the middle who've been hit by those scrambling, and those at the bottom who either haven't been hit yet, or aren't considered worthy of a hit.
    Just taken a hit to an OP which wiped my force for attacking Berimonds, depriving me of the income from that, plus the expense of repairs. I have been hit like this each time every time there has been one of these tournaments. 
    I'd like to say that I work hard to improve my defence and at the game in general. I don't want to be in a big alliance. Yes, I know it's a war game, before someone says it.
    The fact that I'm a low lvl 70 in a small alliance makes me a magnet for these glory attacks.
    Good way to drive people out of the game, I'd say. The map is littered with low 70 ruins. It seems that only by joining a big alliance can you avoid this. I'm sure there will be a lot of people ready to shout me down here, but surely I'm not alone in this point of view?
    Please, make this competition by entry only.

Edit: another hit coming in as I speak, super cast, vet horrors. This time we are on online so he can open gates. But that's all we can do.
    Edit 2: Login again to find a second hit coming in in Peaks.
    Edit 3: suffered my 3rd offline attack this evening. Way to go, big alliances. We can't  have the alliance tournament by entry only because of the small number of players on the UK server, according to received wisdom. So what's that doing, but driving people like me away? 

The only thing that can be done to avoid getting attacked by the glory attackers, is to join them.
    In int 1 atleast, the big alliances attack other top alliances for glory, since the defending alliance can have 50k troops to defend with, and the attacker uses a super comm with 5 or more waves.

Just join a wing of one of the big alliances, and work your way up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file