We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Multi accounting

2»

Comments

• please reread what he said  you cannot have a "code" that find what the ip address is, that would violate privacy rights in certain countries 
    GGS already know the IP address, so that cannot be illegal without the entire game being illegal. The 'code' I suggest would just compare for other uses of that address. As said above, other games use IP address checking so I doubt very much whether it is is illegal. If it is in your country, then so be it, it certainly isn't here.

Who said anything about starting multi-accounts ? Most are just hand-ons when the original player has quit.
    Also you do know that getting an IP address is near useless 99% of people have dynamic IP address. Also the IP address check is very general like a city or maybe a region in a city. You have to have a court order to find the exact address for IP.
    bobjoerock @ usa 1
  • All totally irrelevant unless you have multiple accounts you want to hide. For the rest of us who wish to play fairly it levels the playing field.

No court orders needed here, just type 'my IP address' into Google, so Google must be illegal as well now !!

Some people will use dynamic IP addresses, and fiddle the system, but the vast majority of players have nothing to hide, so won't bother.
    John OGroat @ en 1
  • All totally irrelevant unless you have multiple accounts you want to hide. For the rest of us who wish to play fairly it levels the playing field.

No court orders needed here, just type 'my IP address' into Google, so Google must be illegal as well now !!

Some people will use dynamic IP addresses, and fiddle the system, but the vast majority of players have nothing to hide, so won't bother.
    lol that just an IP addresses. using ip geolocation my IP real location is about 2 km off ,2 was 4 km off, another was in another province 
    Ip addresses do not do much  since you have know your IP addresses put it here https://www.iplocation.net/ and see where you live according to your IP. 
    Also a very easy solution to this IP tracking. VPN.
    bobjoerock @ usa 1
  • Have a read of this : http://www.out-law.com/page-8060

Since we are not interested in tracing an individual, just finding out if a computer is being used to access multiple accounts, I see no problem with GGS running a' code' as I originally suggested. It's not as if they want to take you to court, or turn up on your doorstep and remove your computer. Just making the game fair for all as they originally intended.

John OGroat @ en 1
  • Okay please lets the USA's version of it? What about the other 190ish countries??  
    bobjoerock @ usa 1
  • John OGroat (GB1)John OGroat (GB1) Posts: 142GB1
    edited 17.04.2016
    LOL, I'll leave that for you to find, if you feel the need. The UK case is clear, and the rest of the EU will be the same. Most of the commonwealth will be similar, if not the same. A couple of ex.colonies may have gone their own way, but not sure if they are of any consequence ;)
    John OGroat @ en 1
  • okay so the IP will be for only the EU. 
    bobjoerock @ usa 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,675
    Truth is GGE have zero interest in clamping down on multis, they know it happens, they have been told many many many times it happens, accounts have been reported many many many times, the account gets banned for a few hours, then its back to normal.  I would go so far to say 25% of all players on the map were multis / shells.

I bet if almost any player who has been around for some time, could probably name at least 20 accounts that were multis / shells.  If you looked around the map I suspect you could find hundreds in a couple of hours, some are very very obvious, and being used for very very specific purposes.

Yet GGE do nothing all they say is report any account.  Well what the point?  if nothing is ever done?  Answer me this how many accounts have been banned 5 times+? Yet are still happily playing the game carefree?

How many times do you expect players to report multis before they give up and say whats the point?  maybe if you were actually seen to enforce the rules then maybe players would start reporting these accounts.  If you actually did something about them when they did.  And you know whats worse?  how many times does a player have to see GGE doing nothing to Multi accounters, before they start to think well if I cant beat em I will join them?

Its simple either make Multis legal withing the game, or actually enforce your own rules and get rid of them.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,675
    I totally agree mate its totally out of hand, the amount of alliances that are full of nothing but Multis / Shells is a joke.  they are literally all over the UK server!!!!  GGE know all about it yet do nothing.  So why do you think more and more players are doing it?  yes becasue the rewards are huge, and no one ever does anything about it.  This is something that is totally under GGE's control yet they do nothing.  Apart from trot out the same old party line, "tell us who they are and we will look into it"  the problem is every single player on ever server knows its not true, so why waste the time and effort reporting, when nothing no matter how blatent is ever done.  most i have ever seen anyone get is a 6 hr ban!!!!! I mean come on!!! 
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • What happens if you don't have a phone?
    fierydemon @ en 1
    Playing since 2013
Sign In to comment.