Home English (UK) News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The Battle of Empires

Comments

• WiteLighting (GB1)WiteLighting (GB1) Posts: 466
    edited 24.03.2016
    Also, look at this. 6191 players on the UK server have looted something so far this week. This means on average (assuming the players that have looted something are the only active players) each player has to gain  1,130,763 glory to reach the first milestone. Then how many of those players are under lvl 20 and barely get any glory...If you think about it that way then for the UK server this event is a joke. This is an absolute shambles.

Please reduce the size of your signature.

Sir Wodan

• ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    Also, look at this. 6191 players on the UK server have looted something so far this week. This means on average (assuming the players that have looted something are the only active players) each player has to gain  1,130,763 glory to reach the first milestone. Then how many of those players are under lvl 20 and barely get any glory...If you think about it that way then for the UK server this event is a joke. This is an absolute shambles.
    It's not just UK server, it's every server combined, but still a high target.
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    Hey again folks,

To elaborate on a few points that have come up:

1) The rewards! Once you reach each milestone, everyone will receive the following:

Bronze: Cast Iron Mantlets + Veteran Macemen and Crossbowmen (for our level 6-29 players)/Deathly Horrors and Demon Horrors (for players above level 29)

Silver: Travelling Knights and Traveling Crossbowmen (for our level 6-29 players)/Veteran Demon Horrors and Veteran Deathly Horrors (for players above level 29) + Banners of the Frost Warrior

Gold: The final milestone! If you guys manage to reach the Gold milestone, you'll all receive the exclusive Glory Warrior decoration! It's got 250 public order and looks liiiiike:

this! 

This will be the only time you can get it!

2) 'Why Facebook?'. We'll announce the information on Facebook as it's our main way of promoting content to the masses. Sorry, but Social Media is huge and it's a really efficient way of us contacting many people worldwide. I can keep you updated myself via the forums, but you don't even need a Facebook account to be able to see the posts, all you've got to do is visit the site.

3) Glory tracking. We know that it isn't perfect for this event, and we'd love to have some sort of counter in-game for future events, but right now it's not technically possible for us to create one for this event. Granted, it may have been an oversight on our end, but this is the first time we've done a global event like this so it's expected that we'd miss a thing or two.

Do let me know what you think of the event though! It's helpful feedback for us!

Regards,

Steve.
  • Can you at least reward us the troops when we come online after we reach the milestone because we won't even know when we get the rewards.

Sir Wodan

• CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    @WiteLighting (GB1) As far as I know, the rewards should come as a GGS Gift, so you can just activate them when you want them :)

Regards,

Steve.
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 516
    before it happens...can i ask how to get screenshots proving that we didn't receive said gift?
    commando @ usa 1
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 291
    Steve 

How many of each do we get if we reach the milestone  ???
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • CM Arcanine mondta:
    @UltraFlavoured (GB1)

We just simply don't have the system in place to do that right now. Believe me, we'd love to be able to show you the Glory as you gain it, but as mentioned, it's just not possible right now.

We will keep you up to date on Facebook as much as we can. With the easter break coming up though, we may only be able to check in and post the milestone achievements (if you guys reach Bronze or Silver over the weekend, of course!).

Regards,

Steve.
    So if i understand this correctly: "We just simply don't have the system in place to do that right now. Believe me, we'd love to be able to show you the Glory as you gain it, but as mentioned, it's just not possible right now....... BUT we do not create the system first  instead we do the event first because it is so perfectly logical."

Am i right?
    Narnis @ hu 2
  • Its been going a good few hours now. No updates .

By the way.. with no official rankings table - This could in theory ,all just be made up.

Whether they update every minute hour or day no one will truly know who is winning..

I would like an official response of how this is being moderated? Is there an independent adjudicator ? Or are GoodGame Studios just selecting the biggest spender of cash ? Would be great to know this answer @CM Arcanine 
    As this has been labelled an competition surely its being correctly run.

~Ultra

Disclaimer:
    Everything I say is strictly personal opinion and not in relation to my alliance or affiliates.

Ultra - First and Last.
    Back to Break Some Balls - You Miss Me ?
    Poking the bear since 2013.
  • Hey again folks,

1) The rewards! Once you reach each milestone, everyone will receive the following:

Bronze: Cast Iron Mantlets + Veteran Macemen and Crossbowmen (for our level 6-29 players)/Deathly Horrors and Demon Horrors (for players above level 29)

Silver: Travelling Knights and Traveling Crossbowmen (for our level 6-29 players)/Veteran Demon Horrors and Veteran Deathly Horrors (for players above level 29) + Banners of the Frost Warrior

Gold: The final milestone! If you guys manage to reach the Gold milestone, you'll all receive the exclusive Glory Warrior decoration! It's got 250 public order and looks liiiiike:

this! 

2) 'Why Facebook?'. We'll announce the information on Facebook as it's our main way of promoting content to the masses. Sorry, but Social Media is huge and it's a really efficient way of us contacting many people worldwide. I can keep you updated myself via the forums, but you don't even need a Facebook account to be able to see the posts, all you've got to do is visit the site.

3) Glory tracking. We know that it isn't perfect for this event, and we'd love to have some sort of counter in-game for future events, but right now it's not technically possible for us to create one for this event. Granted, it may have been an oversight on our end, but this is the first time we've done a global event like this so it's expected that we'd miss a thing or two.

Do let me know what you think of the event though! It's helpful feedback for us!

Regards,

Steve.

Now stevie, in regard to the final reward, if we do not achive it, what will happen to it, will it come back later?
    Decedance, Sleaze and Excess
  • @WiteLighting (GB1) As far as I know, the rewards should come as a GGS Gift, so you can just activate them when you want them :)

Regards,

Steve.
    Hehe, at least you got one thing right :smile: 

Sir Wodan

• it seems to me that no-one should support anyone with defense troops - otherwise all we are doing is wiping out any attackers the server may have and consequently reducing the glory points on offer. The rewards may matter in the foreign wars as every ggs server is doing this (though i have no idea what the rewards are and i'm not on facebook). I know it goes against the grain for many players but this event is about self-sacrifice and you should be able to deal with the losses troops wise and the fires of course for the good of the server.

Anyone attacking any 6 or 8 food op obviously doesnt grasp what this event is about
    mark brophy @ en 1
  • GGS - you needed to do a better job in explaining the point of this - i've just done my bit for the server (and lost) but got the glory - they hit back by attacking my 8 food op

i have messaged the player - he didn't even know this was happening! and everyone else i've messaged either doesnt know or doesnt get the basic idea of what its about
    mark brophy @ en 1
  • eeerrmmm,

it appears they have monitored the glory to come up with the amount needed,

which glory ?

pvp glory or foreign invader glory ?
    or is it total glory combined ?

just a thought that crossed my mind
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    leader of the mighty dragon legion
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
    registered Linux user 476319
    registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • NewLEON1 (AU1)NewLEON1 (AU1) Posts: 3,244
    edited 24.03.2016

Your feedback is much appreciated! This is something that we're trying for the first time, and any ideas on how to make a global event like this better in the future would be very much welcome!

At first, you should appear a stage/tent outside our main castle so we know exactly all the rewards we are going to get and of course the remaining time of the end of the event. Then, there should be a rank in which the current glory points of the server are shown, and the points of the other server's could be updated by you every 4,8 or 12 hours, as it is not possible to show the glory points of each server in real time

MightyHawklord they have regulated it, there will be no foreign invasion during the time of the event
  • I've now just found out what the rewards are - is that really it - some demon troops and some mantlets each? would have been better to give a proper server bonus  - like everyone gets a percentage troop strength increase in foreign lord battles on a server or everyone gets a 10% glory bonus on the server during the next foreign lord event or a server gets honour points in foreign lord battles.
    or You could even have done this as commander/castellan look so bronze could have been 100 bracelets for your commander to wear in battle which would give the troops in that battle a 10% strength boost. 100 bracelets - 100 battles.
    silver - 100 necklaces giving glory bonus
    gold - 100 crowns giving honour points in all events and against robber barons.

or have some sort of combination of effects e.g 10% strength, 20% speed, 100% wall increase

I thought the idea of this was to bring about competition bonuses between foreign lord servers - with each server getting different bonuses e. uk has extra 10% troop strength and france has 20% wall bonus in defense. so ideally it would be nice for the players on a server to have a permanent bonus (afterall this is really what this idea is about) but you would have to make the rewards only available to any castle lord who takes part in this case. The rewards need to be something that makes it worthwhile for the whole server to take part in rather than a handful of troops and tools which will be used up in one battle!

the public order item is useful but very disappointed.

I also hope that there will be an event break after all this so we can put out the fires and get some troops recruited!
    mark brophy @ en 1
  • Hey again folks,

this! 

Regards,

Steve.
    Can you tell us how much glory we have at the moment?
  • other server bonuses to consider -

it costs nothing to station troops for a month, you get no percentage loss transferring res from the other kingdoms to green or between the other kingdoms, all players on a server can recruit deadly horrors for 2 weeks

these are the sort of rewards i expected 
    mark brophy @ en 1
  • Isee that you can see it on facebook / where can Isee it ?
Sign In to comment.