We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Update Questions and Feedback: Of Willows and Gems

Comments

• Castle777 (GB1)Castle777 (GB1) Posts: 30
    edited 25.02.2016

250k + to remove a level 12 gem!!!

I think the option to just delete the gem should still be there. I dont really want to pay rubies to remove a low level gem, however can see the benefit in paying ruby to keep a higher level gem, but come on I think your prices are a little off.

Hundreds of thousands of ruby for removing a gem you already paid quite a lot for. By all means make it expensive enough to make players think twice before swapping and changing gems but really?

"You can just drag another gem over it to delete it without spending rubies"
    Castle777 @ en 1
  • @Beatriz5 (INT2) Don't worry, negative feedback is completely fine. However, saying that our team have a disability, and painting that disability in a negative light is noooot really valuable feedback, or welcome on these forums.

Try to keep it constructive.

Regards,

Steve.

you are playing with our time and money .. do you realize that?
    Magaru68 @ ZAMOLXES
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626

Ok, let me be as constructive as possible:

1. It is very bad to do updates during Foreign Realms Event or Alliance Tournament - you cannot control when those attacks will appear, therefore we cannot send support in time if those updates last over hour and half.

Little planning would not harm, right?

2. Who gives feedbacks to developers about all those recent changes - is there actual communication between customers service, CMs, support and creative department? Do those who fix issues and bugs ever work or are aware of problems?

3. I guess Majestic Monument of Something I Am Not Allowed To Write Here will not find its way to them, will it?

Imagine it - it would upgrade itself automatically every time some very bad and futile update is introduced. Would reach very high level so soon that nobody would be surprised, and it would finally show the Right feedback you GGS employees value above all the greed for i-guess-i-am-not-allowed-to-mention either.. >:)

1) Sorry, but updates are on a set schedule. Since we've always got events running, and we can only operate in CET, we have to find an accommodating day/time. It's never going to be perfect, but it has to be done.

2) Me. I have meetings with the development team/product management team all the time. Those that fix the bugs are of course, aware, as I forward them all on through the relevant departments.

3) 

Thanks for all the incoming feedback everyone, I'm aware of the issues (especially with the coins). I can confirm that the Samurai/Nomads will not have the same coin values though.

Regards,

Steve.
  • Scandy (GB1)Scandy (GB1) Posts: 83GB1
    1) The ruby removal is very, very not cool. Having to pay to remove it to be able to attach a new one completely changes decisions we have already made.I have attached a lot of gems to things that I never intended to keep long term but I've known I could always replace them and the only cost would be losing the gem. That is no longer possible so to "clean" my equipment from such interim equipment will suddenly cost me thousands of rubies

2) If, as I understand 1) Samurais and nomads will give much less coins going forward 2) Beri in Green gives negative coin return 3) Daily tasks no longer give any coin awards, then suddenly coins are a much more scarce resource, and I and many others will suddenly have to rethink our "no population" strategies. With much less coins going around teching equipment will be indefensible

3) If Beri in Green, Samurais and Nomads suddenly will give kingdom resources going forward I feel pretty stupid to have built two iron mines. I will not build any glass works or olive groves going forward. The six Beri raids I have sent in the last hour gave me more Iron or than I'll get in 30 days from my mines

In summery - these changes are not minor tweaks but instead mean that the game should be played in a completely different way. Not saying one is better than the other, but I makes me regret a lot of decisions I've made. I'm playing this game for fun, it's not fun regretting a lot of decisions that made perfect sense 3 hours ago. They made sense ex ante and ex post, but not post this update
  • 1) The ruby removal is very, very not cool. Having to pay to remove it to be able to attach a new one completely changes decisions we have already made.I have attached a lot of gems to things that I never intended to keep long term but I've known I could always replace them and the only cost would be losing the gem. That is no longer possible so to "clean" my equipment from such interim equipment will suddenly cost me thousands of rubies

2) If, as I understand 1) Samurais and nomads will give much less coins going forward 2) Beri in Green gives negative coin return 3) Daily tasks no longer give any coin awards, then suddenly coins are a much more scarce resource, and I and many others will suddenly have to rethink our "no population" strategies. With much less coins going around teching equipment will be indefensible

3) If Beri in Green, Samurais and Nomads suddenly will give kingdom resources going forward I feel pretty stupid to have built two iron mines. I will not build any glass works or olive groves going forward. The six Beri raids I have sent in the last hour gave me more Iron or than I'll get in 30 days from my mines

In summery - these changes are not minor tweaks but instead mean that the game should be played in a completely different way. Not saying one is better than the other, but I makes me regret a lot of decisions I've made. I'm playing this game for fun, it's not fun regretting a lot of decisions that made perfect sense 3 hours ago. They made sense ex ante and ex post, but not post this update

You don't need to spend rubies to remove gems you can still swap them costing coins as normal, just drag a gem you want over the one you would like to replace.

But do agree the updates they are throwing in the game right now are just Crud....

Castle777 @ en 1
    1) The ruby removal is very, very not cool. Having to pay to remove it to be able to attach a new one completely changes decisions we have already made.I have attached a lot of gems to things that I never intended to keep long term but I've known I could always replace them and the only cost would be losing the gem. That is no longer possible so to "clean" my equipment from such interim equipment will suddenly cost me thousands of rubies

You don't need to spend rubies to remove gems you can still swap them costing coins as normal, just drag a gem you want over the one you would like to replace.

But do agree the updates they are throwing in the game right now are just Crud....

You are right, I've tried it and it works - when I first looked at it I didn't see the "alternative". I stand corrected

My main observation stands though - how to play the game is very different in a coin scarce and iron ore rich environment. I've had 7 raids and so far in Beri  Green and two of them gave 1700 iron ore each. Why should anyone build an iron ore mine?
  • new bug

mass messages and chat are being seen by members of other alliances and we are getting their messages

can you please fix this

chat and internal messages are private between alliance members

can you guys get with it    stop creating new problems by supposedly improving the game

run it in an isolated system before you integrate it   maybe you can find the problems before they get wide spread
    Bruce MacAlpine @ usa 1
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 270GB1

I think the option to just delete the gem should still be there. I dont really want to pay rubies to remove a low level gem, however can see the benefit in paying ruby to keep a higher level gem, but come on I think your prices are a little off.

Hundreds of thousands of ruby for removing a gem you already paid quite a lot for. By all means make it expensive enough to make players think twice before swapping and changing gems but really?

I Agree with this. It is nice to be able to keep good gems and not lose them, this update I think would vastly improve gem usage if you know that the gem is not lost but the costs are just too high. This needs to be reviewed. A cost is acceptable as a consequence of attaching the gem but too high a cost just gives the appearance of trying to increase revenues. Additionally, more people might actually do it if it was more affordable so it is possible that you might see an increased revenue on a lower cost.

The willow is fine on level one and I have purchased one for the different look and 200 PO (the +10 % experience points are a bonus) but the costs for additional levels are prohibitive. The cost for level 2 should actually be a decrease on the level 1 cost as the benefit is substantially less for that increase (1PO and +3% on experience points)
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians

I Agree with this. It is nice to be able to keep good gems and not lose them, this update I think would vastly improve gem usage if you know that the gem is not lost but the costs are just too high. This needs to be reviewed. A cost is acceptable as a consequence of attaching the gem but too high a cost just gives the appearance of trying to increase revenues. Additionally, more people might actually do it if it was more affordable so it is possible that you might see an increased revenue on a lower cost.

The willow is fine on level one and I have purchased one for the different look and 200 PO (the +10 % experience points are a bonus) but the costs for additional levels are prohibitive. The cost for level 2 should actually be a decrease on the level 1 cost as the benefit is substantially less for that increase (1PO and +3% on experience points)
    You can just delete the old gem - see the discussion above
  • newest update is just fot ruby players

beri is no fun at all  

you loose a lot off troops and only get back a hand full of coins

nothing to gain there

jupperd @ nl 1
    It seems clear to me that by reducing the money creation they are making rubies more valuable. To some extent I can understand why with regular Beri, Nomads and Samurais it was quite plausible for a non ruby player to loot several millions of coins in a few days.

I would assume this led to fewer rubies spent on teching as people could use coins to get all the way to a super. WHilst we like that GGE obviously doesn't
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,097INT1
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Prices to remove gems are way too high. 97% of people wont even consider removing a gem because either the level is too small to worry about keeping or the price is too high to keep it. Why can't they just make it available using coins for once?
    Sir Unknown UK1 
    @BSK AF 

• cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 270GB1

You can just delete the old gem - see the discussion above
    Yes I understood that, my points were about the rest of it. Thanks.
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • still can't even find the darn WIllow
  • It's cost 5500 rubies to remove a gem that I experimented with. I guess when you worded the description as ''Are you desperate to remove a gem...'' you hit the nail on the head. You will never find me that desperate,though. 

5500 rubies to remove a gem? Seriously? 
  • It's cost 5500 rubies to remove a gem that I experimented with. I guess when you worded the description as ''Are you desperate to remove a gem...'' you hit the nail on the head. You will never find me that desperate,though. 

20,000 Rubies for a level 8 gem removal. LOL
    You must show no mercy,
    nor have any belief whatsoever in how other people judge you,
    because your greatness will silence them all”.

The Warrior Code
  • hootie17 (GB1)hootie17 (GB1) Posts: 53GB1
    new bug

mass messages and chat are being seen by members of other alliances and we are getting their messages

can you please fix this

chat and internal messages are private between alliance members

can you guys get with it    stop creating new problems by supposedly improving the game

run it in an isolated system before you integrate it   maybe you can find the problems before they get wide spread
    One of our members saw this bug last night as well (on UK1).
    hootie17 @ en 1

to remove and keep it is 5500 rubies , to remove and destroy it is 10000 coins :)
    Magaru68 @ ZAMOLXES
  • It's hard to leave feedback when I have been coinless since the nomad mess up. I have managed to hit 10 berimond camps but that made the coin problem worse instead of better and left me with more recruiting and healing I couldn't afford to do. I am a ruby player but I refuse to buy rubies just to use on buying coins I will be constantly needing, therefore I have given up on events and buying rubies. I have managed to do the shady lady comp tho. WAHOOOOO

Must admit I am becoming bored and sit most of the time atm staring at my screen incase I am attacked. Not a lot of play value in that.

Worst is, I just got the last part of my super comm (after 9 months of saving) I was dead excited at the prospect but now I see no hope in ever being able to tech him or gem him because of the lack of opportunities to earn gold. I wish I had never bought him now

Sign In to comment.