We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Please Remove Buying Relics and Maps

You can use rubies to buy relic pieces for the travelling knight quest or map pieces for the adventure map. I thought it was a bit pay to win because some people can just pay loads of money and buy the rewards for real money (enough rubies=real money, buy pieces=rubies) when some people work really hard to win the pieces by playing.

Say you worked really hard to win a big prize, what would you think if someone else just forked over loads of money and got it immediately?
It is not necessary to quote my post if it is obvious who you're talking to. Only quote it if completely necessary. It's probably also not necessary to quote the entire thing, just a sentence or so.

Comments

• CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    Hey Cub,

Cheers for the feedback! The thing is, the Ruby option is there for the players that want to use it, and it's unlikely that we'll remove that. The event can only be completed once per run anyway, so it's not like the players get a huge advantage from being able to use it. An advantage, true, but that's the intention behind Ruby purchases.

All the best,

Steve.
  • Why would you want It removed? Let's say you spent nearly the entire day collecting pieces, and then you can't seem to get the last piece, and there are only a few minutes left, or your troops are all dead. Rather than letting your hard work (and time spent) go to waste, just buy the last piece! Its only 999 rubies, which can be easily made up with a few attacks on Desert Fortresses and/or Dragons.

Raymondmay11 @ usa 1

5f631c22-c4f0-4fd6-a9cf-847937db9bca_zps4dd2804epng

• Cub (GB1) said:
    You can use rubies to buy relic pieces for the travelling knight quest or map pieces for the adventure map. I thought it was a bit pay to win because some people can just pay loads of money and buy the rewards for real money (enough rubies=real money, buy pieces=rubies) when some people work really hard to win the pieces by playing.

Say you worked really hard to win a big prize, what would you think if someone else just forked over loads of money and got it immediately?
    even big ruby players won't spend rubies to buy all pieces. just not worth it. there's better places for the rubies to go.
    Empire Knights on UK1.

On and off.

this is my ask thread: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/296736/ask-vamp-3#latest

I know you're wearing thin down to the core.

So hold your breath.

• BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    I'd say they're a huge waste of rubies, TK pieces and map pieces, just loot....
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Pallu (IN1)Pallu (IN1) Posts: 569
    I'd say they're a huge waste of rubies, TK pieces and map pieces, just loot....

doing the TK event itself is a waste, with all the easy troops rewards...

A Pattern, Maybe? http://prntscr.com/9fceqb

My main castle: http://prntscr.com/9fcfmb

• You don't  get that many travelling knights, ruby players are better off buying rubies through the deals that they seem to like spamming GGE up with. Also GGE has turned slightly more to P2W
    fierydemon @ en 1
    Playing since 2013
  • Cub (GB1) said:

I wouldn't think anything.   I don't have any less of a prize just because somebody else got it easier, so why should I care?

Proud non ruby-whiner
  • I'm not sure of anybody else but I won't be spending rubies on relic map pieces (but maybe that's because im a non-ruby buyer)

Not active ingame anymore  [email protected] (back again) 

[email protected] 

Non-ruby buyer 

[email protected] ResilientEmpire 

Pop me a PM ingame or on forums if you want to join :) 

My loot, first week back: 

Sign In to comment.