Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Increase the penalty for higher level players attacking lower level players.

David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
The penalty for higher level players attacking lower level players should be increased. Those who are a much higher level should in addition to losing honor should also lose glory points and not gain any resources for attacking much lower level players. Allow them to gain a small amount of experience points, but make them lose both honor and glory for attacking much lower level players and gain no resources, which would also include gold coins, for attacking in order to discourage bullying even further. With hardly anything gained for attacking a much lower level player, a much higher level player would not have any good reason to attack a much lower level player, except for revenge and wants to do more than just sabotage. Also, higher level players should not be allowed to steal rvs from much lower level players since they have an unfair advantage over them and to make the game fair lower level players should also not be allowed to steal rvs from much higher level players as well by blocking them from stealing rvs from each other. Another alternative is that maybe the online gamers should also block much higher level players from attacking much lower level players instead of being penalized for it or only apply this restriction for players who are level 70 and above (such as those who are at a legendary level), but allow much higher level players to sabotage much lower level players. There should at least be a higher penalty for higher level players attacking much lower level players, much higher level players being blocked from attacking much lower level players, or both, and much higher level and much lower level players should be blocked from stealing rvs from each other. I had a player who is level 70 who is at war with my alliance that stole an rv from me that I will never be able to get it back because he stole an rv from me when I was only level 37. He is much stronger than me and I would not be able to stand a chance against him even if I wanted to. I am level 38 right now, but my opponent is 32 levels higher than me.
David Noble @ usa 1
Post edited by David Noble (US1) on

Comments

• riz5 (GB1)riz5 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 28
    edited 18.11.2014
    they just got rid of the penalty altogether
    riz5 @ en 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 18.11.2014
    I found out only recently. That is terrible and something should be done about it in order to stop it. Bullying should not be tolerated.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • schawny (US1)schawny (US1) Posts: 27
    edited 18.11.2014
    stop the bullying !!!!

damn lvl 70 bastards
    schawny @ usa 1
  • geniusguy (US1)geniusguy (US1) Posts: 925
    edited 19.11.2014
    The penalty for higher level players attacking lower level players should be increased. Those who are a much higher level should in addition to losing honor should also lose glory points and not gain any resources for attacking much lower level players. Allow them to gain a small amount of experience points, but make them lose both honor and glory for attacking much lower level players and gain no resources, which would also include gold coins, for attacking in order to discourage bullying even further. With hardly anything gained for attacking a much lower level player, a much higher level player would not have any good reason to attack a much lower level player, except for revenge and wants to do more than just sabotage. Also, higher level players should not be allowed to steal rvs from much lower level players since they have an unfair advantage over them and to make the game fair lower level players should also not be allowed to steal rvs from much higher level players as well by blocking them from stealing rvs from each other. Another alternative is that maybe the online gamers should also block much higher level players from attacking much lower level players instead of being penalized for it or only apply this restriction for players who are level 70 and above (such as those who are at a legendary level), but allow much higher level players to sabotage much lower level players. There should at least be a higher penalty for higher level players attacking much lower level players, much higher level players being blocked from attacking much lower level players, or both, and much higher level and much lower level players should be blocked from stealing rvs from each other. I had a player who is level 70 who is at war with my alliance that stole an rv from me that I will never be able to get it back because he stole an rv from me when I was only level 37. He is much stronger than me and I would not be able to stand a chance against him even if I wanted to. I am level 38 right now, but my opponent is 32 levels higher than me.

the thing is that what else is a level 70 supposed to do if a level 30 takes a cheap shot or does something to upset them and having tons of rvs is more or less end game
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
  • Rounds2Rounds2 Posts: 5
    edited 19.11.2014
    I'm level 40 and just got hit in winter by a level 70 less than 5 clicks from my position without any provocation. In one hit he managed to do 95% damage to several of my level 3 towers and leave almost every other structure in flames. He has played the game longer than I have and should be powerful, but damn people, learn some self control... this is fun how?
    Rounds @ usa 1
    edited 19.11.2014
    I don't blame you. The level 70 who attacked you is a bully and had no right to do that. That is why the penalty for much higher level players attacking much lower level players should be even more than what it is now or they should be blocked entirely from attacking much lower level players.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    edited 19.11.2014
    Geniusguy, I did nothing to provoke this player who stole my rv. The first time he attempted to steal my rv he was not successful in taking it, but then he was successful in stealing it the second time even though I tried to keep it well defended. In fact, I never even stole an from him in the first place. He stole an rv from me first and now I am too intimidated to retaliate, because it would be stupid of me to have revenge on a much stronger opponent than me who is at war with our alliance and is also part of a big alliance as well. We are at war right now with many enemies, but what he did is bullying since he has an unfair advantage over me in level. If I were to take back my rv before the block is applied and he was unable to get the rv back because of the block, then he would be pissed off at me and he would probably attack my main castle or sabotage it for revenge, but that would be better than losing my rv again from him.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • SchettenSchetten Posts: 29
    edited 19.11.2014
    With the new update as im sure you already saw, they did away with attacking lower level penalties altogether.

With the removal of that fail safe I can only assume that they want us to go after every level 8 players in the map thus essentially aborting their new players before they're able to establish their first OP or able to spend a single dime towards rubies.

With this mindset GGE has put forward it appears clear that is is indeed our mandate to kill off every new addition to the game since they are clearly calling out to us to do just that.

Happy Hunting
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all"-Gen. Mattis
    edited 19.11.2014
    It is possible that what you are saying to me is true. When much higher level players decide to attack much lower level players and they do not get penalized for that it is possible that it could give much lower level players a reason to leave and stop playing this game. As a result low level players could get aborted early on in the game, because they do not like being bullied and enemies can get away with doing that during a time of war. With less people playing this game because of bullying being tolerated by the gamers themselves the computer gamers could also make less money.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • I am level 45 and was attacked by a level 70. He not only set my main castle a blaze and on fire, he depleted my defense. He didn't stop there. He continued his rampage by attacking all three of my OPs. Is that crappy or what? Apparently our alliance accepted a new recruit (novice), whom within 20 minutes joining, attacked a capital or one of their members. The leader of my alliance tried to support me as level 70 attacked my OPs one by one, but to no avail, this level 70 player had intended to attack all alliance members one by one, including OPs. His level and units are no match! This inexperienced novice in our group undoubtedly triggered this level 70s player's arrogance that initiated his immature and unwarranted, unsportsmanlike conduct. There are ways to resolve these things but the only compromise was that we apologize and pay out the 'wazoo' (tribute-coins,resources) to remain neutral and he will stop the continuance of attacks on my alliance. I am disgusted that these higher players can get away with this crap! It is extremely disappointing! I have put much time and effort into my game. I play fair. stick to the level 10 rule, I do not attack OPs. Sheeeshh. Now I am very discouraged. For GAWD sakes, there must be a penalty in place or restrictions!

• Salieri (INT1)Salieri (INT1) Posts: 381
    edited 11.01.2016
    Absolutely no.

What you're asking is for is permission for low lvl players to behave as they please.  What is even worse:  Since multi-accounting runs amok in the game, what you are asking for is permission for some high lvl players to use their low lvl accounts to undermine the fair game of other high lvl players.

No.

Stop asking for penalties where they shouldn't be.   Ask GGS to eliminate multi-accounting before asking to change what is only fair.

Also, do you really think that more penalties will prevent attacks of high lvl players on low lvl players?   It won't, and I tell you by my own experience.  I am what you call a high lvl player, and I am fed up hearing all the excuses low lvl players have given me over the years to justify their actions.   From "I had too many troops, so I used them to attack you"  to  "I was just fulfilling a quest".    I'm done with dumb behavior.   If you attack me and I feel frisky, I'll burn all your castles  --and I don't care if it costs me 700 honor points;  teaching you a lesson  will be worth that and much more.  Anything, as long as you leave me alone.

Do you see my point?

Call me Farmer Sal the Bitter

Playing Empire for free by not buying rubies  --EVER!

• BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    I am level 45 and was attacked by a level 70. He not only set my main castle a blaze and on fire, he depleted my defense. He didn't stop there. He continued his rampage by attacking all three of my OPs. Is that crappy or what? Apparently our alliance accepted a new recruit (novice), whom within 20 minutes joining, attacked a capital or one of their members. The leader of my alliance tried to support me as level 70 attacked my OPs one by one, but to no avail, this level 70 player had intended to attack all alliance members one by one, including OPs. His level and units are no match! This inexperienced novice in our group undoubtedly triggered this level 70s player's arrogance that initiated his immature and unwarranted, unsportsmanlike conduct. There are ways to resolve these things but the only compromise was that we apologize and pay out the 'wazoo' (tribute-coins,resources) to remain neutral and he will stop the continuance of attacks on my alliance. I am disgusted that these higher players can get away with this crap! It is extremely disappointing! I have put much time and effort into my game. I play fair. stick to the level 10 rule, I do not attack OPs. Sheeeshh. Now I am very discouraged. For GAWD sakes, there must be a penalty in place or restrictions!
    Interesting 12 month bump....
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,507

Stop asking for penalties where they shouldn't be.   Ask GGS to eliminate multi-accounting before asking to change what is only fair.

Bu..bbbu..bbb...but then there would only be a hundred players on the uk server, still never gonna happen lmao
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • a small map.millwall97 (GB1) said:

Bu..bbbu..bbb...but then there would only be a hundred players on the uk server, still never gonna happen lmao

Empire Knights on UK1.

On and off.

this is my ask thread: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/296736/ask-vamp-3#latest

I know you're wearing thin down to the core.

So hold your breath.

• overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,794
    why should low levels be allowed to attack higher levels mainly when low levels don't know the goddamn rules so its fine to let low levels steal our RVs but we can't get them back or teach the low level a lesson because you guys don't listen at all neither do your leaders sometimes. 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,993
    why should low levels be allowed to attack higher levels mainly when low levels don't know the goddamn rules so its fine to let low levels steal our RVs but we can't get them back or teach the low level a lesson because you guys don't listen at all neither do your leaders sometimes. 
    When I was a lower level, I would attack and defeat people over 20 levels above me Overlord. Higher levels can still attack back as long as they don't care about the honor points.

I am level 45 and was attacked by a level 70. He not only set my main castle a blaze and on fire, he depleted my defense. He didn't stop there. He continued his rampage by attacking all three of my OPs. Is that crappy or what? Apparently our alliance accepted a new recruit (novice), whom within 20 minutes joining, attacked a capital or one of their members. The leader of my alliance tried to support me as level 70 attacked my OPs one by one, but to no avail, this level 70 player had intended to attack all alliance members one by one, including OPs. His level and units are no match! This inexperienced novice in our group undoubtedly triggered this level 70s player's arrogance that initiated his immature and unwarranted, unsportsmanlike conduct. There are ways to resolve these things but the only compromise was that we apologize and pay out the 'wazoo' (tribute-coins,resources) to remain neutral and he will stop the continuance of attacks on my alliance. I am disgusted that these higher players can get away with this crap! It is extremely disappointing! I have put much time and effort into my game. I play fair. stick to the level 10 rule, I do not attack OPs. Sheeeshh. Now I am very discouraged. For GAWD sakes, there must be a penalty in place or restrictions!
    Then he must have been in a small alliance that didn't care about it or have rules, or he was in an alliance by himself. You can always get other alliances to help you, that's what everyone does. If alliances don't fight together, the fall separately.
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,794
    but again that was you when I first went into ninth I hit a level 54 I was level 16 17 nearly and won but he had a weaker defense and again couldn't hit those too high or else it would be a level 16 with a weak army attacking a level 54 so anyone can win against a high level player if you find on weak enough like I had a low level cap my OP when I got it had nearly no defense ( had just got online ) and lost but same guy tried again and had a shocking discovery that the OP was now well defended so again circumstances mean everything. 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."

• Stop asking for penalties where they shouldn't be.   Ask GGS to eliminate multi-accounting before asking to change what is only fair.

a small map.
    So true of most servers at this point... On the brighter side, it makes easier to get places quick without upgraded stables.

• Also, I'd like to point out that players attacking +10 lvls above them are breaking fair play rule too.  It's not just 10 lvls below but also above.  And once the rule it's broken, it is broken.

• Also, I'd like to point out that players attacking +10 lvls above them are breaking fair play rule too.  It's not just 10 lvls below but also above.  And once the rule it's broken, it is broken.
    Losing honor for hitting players with higher levels? hmmm
    Empire Knights on UK1.

On and off.

this is my ask thread: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/296736/ask-vamp-3#latest

I know you're wearing thin down to the core.

So hold your breath.

Sign In to comment.