Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Best Outpost and Main castle layout

2»

Comments

• Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,125
    edited 18.03.2015
    shedlite wrote: »
    I have no clue what a fire cast is or how you get one. Actually i quit farmville it got boring and required to much time to achieve anything. I get that you think that set up is stupid(39 hideouts) but the question is would you attack it? keep in mind you would gain no resources. an attack with only armed civilians for defense will net you less than 100 glory (that's with banners) what would be the point? other than doing shady character quest (where you would only need about 100 attack troops to win) there is no reason to attack which was my point to begin with. limit what a person gains in an attack and they will not attack....there is no profit in it. even if you do attack, you burn a few buildings (maybe on a rare occasion turn one into rubble) they could counter with as much as 2000 attack troops (even if you hit all ops in great kingdom at same time)
    and my understanding even with fire cast, you still get resources and glory, it just prevents damage to buildings...my idea is better. no resources low glory = no attack which means no buildings on fire, it achieves same results but lose nothing (except PO)

but what is the point of even having an OP if you don't intend to keep any men in it?

There is one not far from me, full of houses, no troops, but he has 600-800 armed militia that never die! gives some glory though.
    Lord Roj @ en 1
  • shedlite2shedlite2 Posts: 1
    edited 19.03.2015
    loaded with troops, just not defensive troops, key is max stronghold so will have as much as 500 attack troops protected from being attacked and killed that can be used to counter attack anyone who does attack. 600 to 800 militia will probably get a decent amount of glory, which would defeat purpose of trying to prevent being attacked
    shedlite @ en 1
  • destroyer41103 (US1)destroyer41103 (US1) US1 Posts: 213
    edited 21.03.2015
    however you place your buildings does not affect anythng only makes your castle look cooler or not cooler.
    destroyer41103 @ usa 1
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 21.03.2015
    however you place your buildings does not affect anythng only makes your castle look cooler or not cooler.

ahahaha, such little insight, wrong
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

edited 21.03.2015
    BSK's Castle layouts:

Main castle | Outposts | Kingdoms
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

edited 21.03.2015
    Well, BSK-AlliedForce when it was around

• icebob99 (US1)icebob99 (US1) Posts: 155
    edited 21.03.2015
    Lord Roj wrote: »
    but what is the point of even having an OP if you don't intend to keep any men in it?

There is one not far from me, full of houses, no troops, but he has 600-800 armed militia that never die! gives some glory though.

Lol you could always have a coin op. Because we all know that those are very, very helpful.

Do not make a coin op.
    icebob99 @ usa 1
    Level 70, LL 32

The barterer must have gotten mugged by a robber baron, he doesn't come calling much.

GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
  • therealsporer (US1)therealsporer (US1) Posts: 2,266
    edited 21.03.2015
    ang1243 wrote: »
    BSK's Castle layouts:

Main castle | Outposts | Kingdoms

Why have so many resource production buildings and dwellings? Why have sawmill and quarry?
    Burn em, build more deco.

why more dwellings in an 8food op where PO magnifies each farm than you have in main where there are fewer 100% farms?

Dear god, why so many guardhouses? are you that afraid to lose a battle?

otherwise, nice layouts
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Former whatever,
    Proud nothing.
    If I do something you need to know about, you'll know.

What is the face of a coward?
    The back of his head as he runs from battle.
  • heehee3heehee3 Posts: 2,780
    edited 21.03.2015
    If you're on EN1 and want really good castle and outpost layouts

search 'Vitifer'
    Quit while you're ahead
    edited 21.03.2015
    Why have so many resource production buildings and dwellings? Why have sawmill and quarry?
    Burn em, build more deco.

why more dwellings in an 8food op where PO magnifies each farm than you have in main where there are fewer 100% farms?

Dear god, why so many guardhouses? are you that afraid to lose a battle?

otherwise, nice layouts

Dwellings, no idea why they are there, res production, you do need some now with the legend update.

Guardhouses:

Having done lots of maths on spy failures, PO and food production, the optimum number of guardhouses in all sites in all kingdoms appears to be 11. I know a lot of you don't run that many, and are probably groaning about the idea of doing so, but there are good reasons... Firstly, there's the obvious deterrent of not being able to be spied, but this is a relatively small issue (other than castellans) as most top players are happy enough hitting blind.

However, where it makes a really big difference is in war time, where it has two crucial impacts. 1) mass attacks are nearly always given away by mass spy failures - in every war I've been in, a mass was preceded by failed spy reps, and this is invaluable. 2) It's psychologically very intimidating in war to be faced with a big wall of "no idea what I'm facing", and psychology is over half of war on this game. Even if the big players on an alliance are happy launching blind, over half of them will fluster, and launch attacks on guesses that makes it much easier to construct a succesful defense for.

So everyone is expected to implement 11 guardhouses in each of their castles - the number was chosen as the point at which 26 spies (max possible) will fail more than 50% of the time running at 100% accuracy.

For those worried about the PO impact on food production, going from 0 to 11 guardhouses in a shiny food outpost reduces your troops by about 4% - if you can support 2000 troops, you lose about 75 from the switch, and the added securiy benefits are huge.

• therealsporer (US1)therealsporer (US1) Posts: 2,266
    edited 21.03.2015
    ang1243 wrote: »
    Dwellings, no idea why they are there, res production, you do need some now with the legend update.

Guardhouses:

Having done lots of maths on spy failures, PO and food production, the optimum number of guardhouses in all sites in all kingdoms appears to be 11. I know a lot of you don't run that many, and are probably groaning about the idea of doing so, but there are good reasons... Firstly, there's the obvious deterrent of not being able to be spied, but this is a relatively small issue (other than castellans) as most top players are happy enough hitting blind.

However, where it makes a really big difference is in war time, where it has two crucial impacts. 1) mass attacks are nearly always given away by mass spy failures - in every war I've been in, a mass was preceded by failed spy reps, and this is invaluable. 2) It's psychologically very intimidating in war to be faced with a big wall of "no idea what I'm facing", and psychology is over half of war on this game. Even if the big players on an alliance are happy launching blind, over half of them will fluster, and launch attacks on guesses that makes it much easier to construct a succesful defense for.

So everyone is expected to implement 11 guardhouses in each of their castles - the number was chosen as the point at which 26 spies (max possible) will fail more than 50% of the time running at 100% accuracy.

For those worried about the PO impact on food production, going from 0 to 11 guardhouses in a shiny food outpost reduces your troops by about 4% - if you can support 2000 troops, you lose about 75 from the switch, and the added securiy benefits are huge.

hm... in USA1 it seems like most masses are given away by incestuous double agent info leaks, and we all have learned not to send spies in a coordinated hit.
    Also, dummy soldiers detect spies pretty good.

res production you don't need in any castle that you loot from...
    I can see doing a little in outworlds where you plunk down 1 building for hundreds of rv based production, but why take that hit in main?
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Former whatever,
    Proud nothing.
    If I do something you need to know about, you'll know.

What is the face of a coward?
    The back of his head as he runs from battle.
  • Relis (ASIA1)Relis (ASIA1) Posts: 1,402

I'm think this is good :smiley: 
    A Proud Member Asian Sensation.Which is a sub of Drunken Fist (But now we looks like a restaurant).
    18th in berimond invasion without buying rubies or having a bakery.
    Most active member of Asian Sensation.
    I always be alone in alliance chat like 3-4 hours :D
  • This is my main:

This is my op's:

(with the dwelling going to be replaced with a watchtower)

And Kingdom:

But I will probably change them after seeing BSK's advised setup and the explanation for it
    King Juvster the Fearless

PROUD NON-RUBY PLAYER ON INTERNATIONAL1!!!

Leader of Ghost Marauders on International1 - Level 20 alliance
    http://ghostmarauders.yolasite.com/

Vice Duke at level 39
    Archduke at level 41
    Prince at level 49
    King at level 53
    the Unyielding at level 55
    the Great at level 56
    the Conqueror at level 59
    the Terrible at level 64
    the Merciless at level 64
    the Victorious at level 64
    the Steel-hearted at level 64
    the Resolute at level 64
    the Furious at level 66

That Synchronisation

That UNBELIEVABLE weekly loot: http://prntscr.com/9j3jd7

THE POWER OF NON-RUBY PLAYERS:

http://prntscr.com/9s8yrn
  • make sure you put buildings in line
    AU1 Player (mainly)
    Fearless at Leg. 47
    More active than most.
    Have 4 years experience.
    Proud non-ruby buyer. (Probs)
    I guess GGE is a pass-time for me?
    Support everything they do because i chose to play their game. Thats my right. They do what ever they want. Thats their right.
    GLHF
    http://prntscr.com/erufhc

• ur gonna need every space you can get for po
    AU1 Player (mainly)
    Fearless at Leg. 47
    More active than most.
    Have 4 years experience.
    Support everything they do because i chose to play their game. Thats my right. They do what ever they want. Thats their right.
    GLHF

• In case you didnt know, po is public order

AU1 Player (mainly)
    Fearless at Leg. 47
    More active than most.
    Have 4 years experience.
    GLHF

• Just changed the layout of my main:

It is very similar to the BSK recommended one, but a few changes made
    King Juvster the Fearless

PROUD NON-RUBY PLAYER ON INTERNATIONAL1!!!

Leader of Ghost Marauders on International1 - Level 20 alliance
    http://ghostmarauders.yolasite.com/

Vice Duke at level 39
    Archduke at level 41
    Prince at level 49
    King at level 53
    the Unyielding at level 55
    the Great at level 56
    the Conqueror at level 59
    the Terrible at level 64
    the Merciless at level 64
    the Victorious at level 64