Home English (UK) US Migration Content - PvP

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

TORCHERERS vs KoN

So I've heard there is this giant war called the Server War going on between TORCHERERS and KoN, but for what? What is the purpose of the war and how did it happen? I have seen their description where they make fun of each other, but how did it start?
"To be or not to be" William Shakespeare 
PROUD NON-RUBY BUYER
<[Haythem<>Kenway]>
Member of Hellbent Brave, sub of Hellbent (now Fluffy Unicorns)
Former Member of Horde
PROUD OPPOSER OF KoN 
Server USA1

Comments

• But whats the truth?

PROUD NON-RUBY BUYER
    <[Haythem<>Kenway]>
    Former Member of Horde
    PROUD OPPOSER OF KoN 
    Server USA1

• I suggest you stay OUT Of the Server Of War. Not because I don't want nobody to know. It's just for you're safety

When Corm was getting farmed. Good Ol'e Days
  • edited 26.12.2015
    The war is between Misc (Torchers) and KoN (Kingdom of Neph). I guess only people in the war know exactly how and why it started, but from what I have read Serry wanted to fight them because of how close Misc and DT got. I'm not saying that's it, but it's what I have read.
    Right now all Misc is way outnumbered. But they are still holding against KoN. The server war has been drawn out for over a year now.
    If some of my info is off, somebody correct me. I get my info from the forums.
    xXDeathExistsXx
    ==========================
    "May god have mercy on my enemies because I wont" -George Patton
    http://prntscr.com/9xg673
    *Insert witty comment here*

• DT: Supposedly trying to depose KoN, but there was no proof other than Serry saying this was Shiro's (DT) plan. Enters war on the Misc's side later on.

Misc: Nothing happening, usual gameplay. Geoloop starts some RV crap with Misanthropic after heading to KoN, and I believe that Morentz ordered the two to solve it among themselves. It escalated to a point where Geoloop made up stuff about how Misc wanted to war KoN to get back at Misc incompetence.

KoN: Serry has always wanted to seek KoN expansion, and the recent Geoloop affair gave him a reason. Usually during wartime, Serry is given the crown, and this happened when KoN declared on Misc on Halloween night (when everyone was out and off their computers). There was a whole issue on KoN wanting to strip FT and take VKT, but I'm not too sure on that; it is self-explanatory anyways. Only ones who seemed to be open to peace talks was about 60% of Misc and 20% of KoN.

GK: Entered later honouring relations with KoN, but their current stance is to keep themselves alive (see MU's desc for more info).

httpimgmemecdncomdeal-with-it_o_195675gif

• TannerM. (US1)TannerM. (US1) US1 Posts: 2,695
    The game was power locked with all the top teams being allies.  Can't have multiple powerhouses with huge egos and expect them to be peaceful forever.  It's a war game.  

Take any of those if you want very basic reasons to the war.  
    nHIylr9gif = The battle plan

The Ningdom now and forever - Serry 

Hion has a small dink
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711
    edited 26.12.2015
    Hey there Haythem,

Neither DeathExists nor Godsnobleman have it right.  But then again that's what happens when you try and use the forums as a source of information lol.  But Cormyria, Lightswayer and TannerM are pretty spot on, lol.  Anyway, there are probably 50 threads on these forums (mostly on the EN forums instead of US1), and without exception each side says the exact opposite of the other.  This latest thread won't change that, and I won't try and put my reasons here either, it would just create another thread of disagreements.
    • If you ask MISC or their supporters, it's all about KoN greed (or at the very least, about going off half-cocked with bad information).
    • If you ask KoN or their supporters (disclosure: my alliance is one), it's about a group of individuals from key alliances scheming to usurp KoN's position on the server.

Okay for the less objective stuff now:
    GodsNobleman (US1) said:
    GK: Entered later honouring relations with KoN, but their current stance is to keep themselves alive (see MU's desc for more info).
    I find it interesting you think that, and am wondering what you based your opinion on.  If we (GK) left the war right now, it would be as the only alliance (except perhaps The Un~Forgiven?) that is stronger than when it first entered the war (KoN may be stronger, but it has pretty much maintained their same strength so they don't count, lol).  It did take one heck of a learning curve to get here though, I'll admit that :)  So what do you mean by "keeping ourselves alive"?

GK's stance is very simple: The KoN and MISC war has not ended, therefore we're still in it.  We have some members tired of war, and we have members thriving in war, just like all alliances.  But war is basically what we know now, and not having all those red castles to feed off of, and not having to stash troops all the time, would take some getting used to, lol.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • Hey there Haythem,

Neither DeathExists nor Godsnobleman have it right.  But then again that's what happens when you try and use the forums as a source of information lol.  But Cormyria, Lightswayer and TannerM are pretty spot on, lol.  Anyway, there are probably 50 threads on these forums (mostly on the EN forums instead of US1), and without exception each side says the exact opposite of the other.  This latest thread won't change that, and I won't try and put my reasons here either, it would just create another thread of disagreements.
    • If you ask MISC or their supporters, it's all about KoN greed (or at the very least, about going off half-cocked with bad information).
    • If you ask KoN or their supporters (disclosure: my alliance is one), it's about a group of individuals from key alliances scheming to usurp KoN's position on the server.

Okay for the less objective stuff now:
    GodsNobleman (US1) said:
    I find it interesting you think that, and am wondering what you based your opinion on.  If we (GK) left the war right now, it would be as the only alliance (except perhaps The Un~Forgiven?) that is stronger than when it first entered the war (KoN may be stronger, but it has pretty much maintained their same strength so they don't count, lol).  It did take one heck of a learning curve to get here though, I'll admit that :)  So what do you mean by "keeping ourselves alive"?

GK's stance is very simple: The KoN and MISC war has not ended, therefore we're still in it.  We have some members tired of war, and we have members thriving in war, just like all alliances.  But war is basically what we know now, and not having all those red castles to feed off of, and not having to stash troops all the time, would take some getting used to, lol.
    Good points, but I think the danger lies post-war.

We've seen KoN turn on Hive, then FS, then Kingsland, then FT, then Misc, then DT (dunno much about DT).

Although this war is slower than a turtle, the KoN side is still winning. After that, who knows how many others they will war.

I know Misc is not 100% good, but they aren't responsible for the war (at least not in the way of wanting to depose KoN; I can believe Morentz did some wrong in the Geoloop issue).

People will believe I am against GK, but I'm not in that way.
    I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't want to see GK turned on like the others (which is why I question you supporting your potential attacker).

But things are things and events have happened, so I guess I've got a 50% chance at my belief seeing where this war will go... I wish you luck (in a non-threatening way).

httpimgmemecdncomdeal-with-it_o_195675gif

• Is Hellbent a part of this or are they in line for being KoN"s victims.
    PROUD NON-RUBY BUYER
    <[Haythem<>Kenway]>
    Former Member of Horde
    PROUD OPPOSER OF KoN 
    Server USA1

• You could ask this in chat :)

No, completely independent and plans on staying that way according to all of their descriptions (main branch and subs) and all of their actions to date.
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
  • I suggest yoWiseDaniel (US1) said:
    You could ask this in chat :)

No, completely independent and plans on staying that way according to all of their descriptions (main branch and subs) and all of their actions to date.

u stay OUT Of the Server Of War. Not because I don't want nobody to know. It's just for you're s hio im solid chode

I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't want to see GK turned on like the others (which is why I question you supporting your potential attacker).
    It could always happen I suppose.
    But really, after seeing what GGE has turned end-game wars into, I don't foresee there being wars like this anymore.  The game has evolved to PVE and to massive advertising of rubies and spending.

Future conflicts will probably be more along the lines of recruiting an alliance's top player base away.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
  • I lol at all the stories said above. If someone could write the WHOLE story, it would be too big for forum to process.

Bards shall sing about the victories of ours,
    Enemies will fall under Chivalric Lords' towers
    Foes of their Leader will always tremble,
    But his and Chivalric Lords' allies will reassemble

Every alliance must have 3 things: loyalty,rules and right to vote. Without them,it is not an alliance. It's anarchy.

~Sandravlc of Aragonsland Empire, Leader of Chivalric Lords alliance. Leader serves, not rules.~

#GrayatPlsRespawn

• Keenanxbox (US1)Keenanxbox (US1) US1 Posts: 567
    It could always happen I suppose.
    But really, after seeing what GGE has turned end-game wars into, I don't foresee there being wars like this anymore.  The game has evolved to PVE and to massive advertising of rubies and spending.

Future conflicts will probably be more along the lines of recruiting an alliance's top player base away.
    I agree. Wars are ridiculous wastes of time and money now, utterly pointless. I will also say that as someone involved in this war from the start and for a painful year, the reasons it started were all self-serving, and the original reasons have long-since become irrelevant. KoN was the aggressor, there is no question of that, irrespective of their paranoid reasons used to justify it. After that, it was just a matter of other alliances choosing sides and squaring off. A few shinies have changed hands, and a lot of good people have quit the game out of revulsion at personal attacks and R/L nastiness, and of course the ridiculous cost and waste of time. The war has a life of its own, now, and in my opinion it is sustained by people who just like to spend their gametime and money to achieve temporary -- if not pyrrhic -- "wins". I said from the start nobody could win this war unless the other side chose to lose.

I am very glad that some of DT chose the sideways path and simply exited the war rather than quit the game over the senseless expenditure of money and time.

And it is very nice not to have to spend 80% of your gametime parking and unparking troops, and endlessly buying packages to replenish troops and roobs. My game expenses have dropped from thousands of dollars a month to... zero. Havent bought roobs since before Thanksgiving. And the game is fun again.

Anyway, people will fight on because that is what they want to do. There will be no victory from this, there is no possible end-game. GGE in this sense really isn't a game at all... there is no way to "win". It is a way to pass the time, and it is everyone's choice whether they wish to spend it on pointless fights at outrageous cost, or try to win events and improve their accounts. Personally, I dgaf what others do... the choice is obvious to me. All you are doing is boosting the German economy, and at least for me, it was nothing but tedium.

PJ for Dream Team
    true that fam...nikkas take this game too serious

• So I've heard there is this giant war called the Server War going on between TORCHERERS and KoN, but for what? What is the purpose of the war and how did it happen? I have seen their description where they make fun of each other, but how did it start?
    I keep forgetting how many ppl quit this game.... Probly near the thousand mark now but allow me to say this. There was an original BIG 4 after the war with the collection ( witch was a group of alliances that ran the game) so these big 4 alliance (MISC DT KON & HIVE) had a war with eachother so KON blamed HIVE for wanting to back stab them witch led to server war #2 or was it #3 .-. ? so this server war was HIVE and there allies i think there names were vice? but HIVE VS KON DT MICS TFT CO LOF BBB GK so everyone vs hive. and after that ended it became clear that KON lied to DT and MISC about HIVE and DT and misc saw that Kon was not keeping there word let alone they were growing at an fast rate. so MISC and TFT(CO) crate a coalition to stop KON witch  DT later joins in. so the war ends up as KON BBB GK Fellowship(if they are still around) vs CO TFT MISC & DT and the only ones fighting is MISC TFT CO VS KON

amazing right? 
    gAcuf.gif
    KING CROW (usa1)
    P.U.N (PEOPLES UNION of NORTHAMERICA) We FIGHT AS 1! YOUR ENEMY IS MINE AND MINE IS YOURS. I MAY BE LEADER, BUT YOUR VOISE IS AS LOUD AS MINE. WE ARNT BROTHERS WE ARE ONE BODY, ONE MIND, ONE GOAL, ONE ALLIANCE! WE ARE P.U.N
  • Yup thats pretty complicated
    PROUD NON-RUBY BUYER
    <[Haythem<>Kenway]>
    Former Member of Horde
    PROUD OPPOSER OF KoN 
    Server USA1

edited 29.12.2015
    KING CROW (US1) said:
    and after that ended it became clear that KON lied to DT and MISC about HIVE and DT 

What was the clear lie?  (not sure why this is underlined, lol)

KING CROW (US1) said:
    and misc saw that Kon was not keeping there word let alone they were growing at an fast rate.so MISC and TFT(CO) crate a coalition to stop KON witch  DT later joins in. so the war ends up as KON BBB GK Fellowship(if they are still around) vs CO TFT MISC & DT and the only ones fighting is MISC TFT CO VS KON

On one hand, MISC & DT disputes the first sentence, since they say they did not try creating any kind of coalition to stop KoN, while on the other hand FT has both agreed and denied it.  Nobody ever agrees :)

For the second part, although they're not fighting as their own alliance anymore, you are forgetting about D8.  For many months in fact, it was mostly D8 and M:U and DT doing the fighting.  (As time has passed in this war, I have stopped considering M:U to be MISC.  They're affiliated, but for most of this war since the D8 merger, they have been the enemy while Torcherers is back to being half dead/alt accounts.)

The other issue is the war is definitely not MISC, TFT, CO vs KoN, lol.

manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
  • I have seen all many many comments on this "War".  I have been here in various capacitiesfor a very long time.  It is too bad that GGE decided to delete/hide all of the old stings regarding the war.  There countless hours skimming through accusations, retorts, and attacks, and retaliative comments by both sides.

Remember everyone, that this is a war game, however that with all GGEs new quests and campaigns, there is no time nor resources for most of u to participate.  Also remember, that in ANY war, it doesn't matte who is right, it matters who win!  the history will be recorded in History as the truth, regardless of circumstance, the beginnings, and the causes.  This "war" at this point is nothing more than the Clash of Egos, in which the 'loser' will be forver lost in the annuls of history.  (Who has heard of H.I.V.E. lately?)  To this end, thousands upon thousands of dollars are spent each month to get stronger, get better equipment, get more troops... etc.  (who - before this - has even heard of a Veteran Horror?) and GGE keeps coming up with Better troops (veteran everything now), better equipment (lvl 13(? ) gems???), an better packages..  War, folks, is a VERY profitable business.  (Think of arms dealers in Real World wars) ESPECIALLY if you are the only source of the weapons.

Also, think about this:  if this was a full-scale war, neither side would be able to participate in any of the other campaigns (Berimond, Storm Islands, etc.) nor would any of them have the energy to attack folks NOT on the side of the enemy.  (at least those that are "Neutral" would be hoping)

Next, think of the ramifications of statements like :"KoN wanted to take over the server".    Ask yourself, WHAT is the benefit of that, other than the prize of an inflated Ego?  (welll................ i suppose that could be it)  but then again; without wars, there would be no activity other than the occasional Robber Baron, etc.  But that's no fun.  in the mindset of an egomaniac, there HAS to be someone to oppress, otherwise there would be no fuel.

and to be honest, i would not be surpriosed it this is a GGE sanctioned event.  The reason is that it would be EASY to stop this.Suspend all ruby purchasing; let EVERYONE be on a level playing field (not just those that can afford it); and see who the TRUE players are.  If everyone took 3 1/2 hours to heal troops, this war would be at a standstill.  

This is just my opinion.
    flocku @ usa 1
  • Sure it is a war game but some people take it too seriously
    PROUD NON-RUBY BUYER
    <[Haythem<>Kenway]>
    Former Member of Horde
    PROUD OPPOSER OF KoN 
    Server USA1

I have seen all many many comments on this "War".  I have been here in various capacitiesfor a very long time.  It is too bad that GGE decided to delete/hide all of the old stings regarding the war.  There countless hours skimming through accusations, retorts, and attacks, and retaliative comments by both sides.

Remember everyone, that this is a war game, however that with all GGEs new quests and campaigns, there is no time nor resources for most of u to participate.  Also remember, that in ANY war, it doesn't matte who is right, it matters who win!  the history will be recorded in History as the truth, regardless of circumstance, the beginnings, and the causes.  This "war" at this point is nothing more than the Clash of Egos, in which the 'loser' will be forver lost in the annuls of history.  (Who has heard of H.I.V.E. lately?)  To this end, thousands upon thousands of dollars are spent each month to get stronger, get better equipment, get more troops... etc.  (who - before this - has even heard of a Veteran Horror?) and GGE keeps coming up with Better troops (veteran everything now), better equipment (lvl 13(? ) gems???), an better packages..  War, folks, is a VERY profitable business.  (Think of arms dealers in Real World wars) ESPECIALLY if you are the only source of the weapons.

Also, think about this:  if this was a full-scale war, neither side would be able to participate in any of the other campaigns (Berimond, Storm Islands, etc.) nor would any of them have the energy to attack folks NOT on the side of the enemy.  (at least those that are "Neutral" would be hoping)

Next, think of the ramifications of statements like :"KoN wanted to take over the server".    Ask yourself, WHAT is the benefit of that, other than the prize of an inflated Ego?  (welll................ i suppose that could be it)  but then again; without wars, there would be no activity other than the occasional Robber Baron, etc.  But that's no fun.  in the mindset of an egomaniac, there HAS to be someone to oppress, otherwise there would be no fuel.

and to be honest, i would not be surpriosed it this is a GGE sanctioned event.  The reason is that it would be EASY to stop this.Suspend all ruby purchasing; let EVERYONE be on a level playing field (not just those that can afford it); and see who the TRUE players are.  If everyone took 3 1/2 hours to heal troops, this war would be at a standstill.  

This is just my opinion.
    No problem with your post at all.  Just had one thing to comment on:

"If everyone took 3 1/2 hours to heal troops, this war would be at a standstill."
    I do not find this to be true at all.  Ruby and non-ruby players alike get by with feasting and recruiting, not by healing from the hospital.  What you would see, is a war fought between people with time and skill, as opposed to people with just time and money.  The pace would not change, though our enemies would have to change their strategy.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.