We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

A Christmas message or 2

I've been posting these for my alliance for the last few days, thought maybe you reprobates might like to see them as well

A few weeks ago some of us were messing about in chat... "What???? No!, never!!" i hear you cry. We ended up assigning Santa's reindeer's names to each other, plus a few extra. From now until Xmas eve, I have intertwine a reindeer's name with the players name, (My name for the player; if you chat enough you will know who they are. If you don't, Join in in chat and find out! Lol.

The names are in no particular order, just as they came to me.

For whom the North Wind blows; who is are guide tonight?

It's Christmas Eve and somewhere in the world a Pongo is under fire. Tracer rounds zip over his head like Comets and thud into the snow covered earth beside him.

He just smiles and imagines his children happy laughing faces come the morning. He smiles again, grateful in the knowledge that the greatest gift he can give to them, is his service to his country which keeps them safe this night.

For whom the North Wind blows; who is are guide tonight?

It's Christmas Eve and the Castle ball is in full swing. Banners are fluttering, Men and Women are flirting, and the high octane punch is flowing, not a glass of coke in sight. My Lady and Princess spot each other across the Dance floor and wink; these two Vixen's have a personal bet on tonight's proceedings, “The first one to get a man wins.”

As you can imagine these two world class vixens ply their trade skills through the night, but to no avail. For once, none of their enticing tricks and womanly wiles score a mark.

They decide call it quits and share a consoling bottle of red in My Lady's bed chamber. Upon opening the door, they see someone in a two sizes too large Santa suit relaxed on the bed, “Can i be of assistance?” his whiskers twitching behind his false white beard.

The two Vixens look at each other, Princess saying “why not; i'll get the furry handcuffs, you get Sandra Dee's spare wip.”

Santa goes a little green “Errrr I think i have changed my mind.”

My Lady turns and locks the bedroom door, then gives the Santa a vampish smile, “To late,..... play time”

For whom the North Wind blows; who is are guide tonight.

It's Christmas Eve and Sandra Dee is off to see her namesake in the film Grease, at the late night Odion Christmas Eve Special and she's late. Greece is her obsession, her life. Her house is near to overflowing with memorabilia

Making her way to the cinema, she spots a Santa is standing on the pavement ahead of her outside a Kebab shop, ringing his bell and holding out a bucket for charitable donations. Sandra tries to look invisible as she passes the santa, as any change in her skinny tight black jeans pockets would be impossible to access.

“RING RING” goes the bell in her ear as she poasses the santa, starteling her and she trips. A hand emerging from a fluffy white cuff and red sleeve grabs her arm to steady her, as the charity bucket the hand was crashes to the ground , the money spilling out everywhere.

“Sorry” they both say at the same time, “What?” they ask each other in tandem again. As a furtive glances  meet, they both smile “Sorry” is uttered by both again followed by laughter.

“Let me help you up”,

“No, it ok” replies Sandra, “lets round up all the money first.”

A fair while late and a lot of friendly chat as they scour the pavement for the spilled money.

“I was going to take a beak, fancy joining me in the cafe across the street for a coffee.” asks Santa.

Sandra Dee, knowing she has missed the start of the film is surprised she is not upset. She smiles at the man behind the santa costume, “I would love one, thank you.”

Santa pulls off his false beard and gives a big smile back in return, holding out his hand, “Danny Jurgensen at your service. Most people just call me Juggs”

Sandra Dee Smiles again, taking his hand, a happy twinkle in her eye” No, i think i like Danny best.”

They cross the road together hand in hand, to a new life.

I goes to show that Cupid's arrow can strike at any time, even on a snowy Christmas Eve out side a light night Donner Kebab shop. Seize the moment when happiness arrives, never let it slip through your fingers.

For whom the North Wind blows; who is are guide tonight

.Santa is sledding over to Toy land on his annual pre Christmas day trip, to check out his Christmas order. He is met at the airfield my Noddy in his little red car, who has come to give him a lift in to toy town.

“How goes the production line Noddy?”

“All on schedule Santa,” replies Noddy, “the toys have been at it all year. You thought Rabbits could breed fast, they have nothing on us toys. There are new litters, triplets and nesting eggs ready for hatching before Christmas Eve all over Toy Town”

“HO, HO, HO,” replies Santa, you're all as frisky as ever i see. Keep up the good work.”

A lurid smile plays over Santa's lips, “Eeerrr Noddy..., is there any chance of watching … eeerrmm some of this production? Mrs Claus is a bit Presbyterian when it comes to that sort of thing.”

Noddy nearly crashes his car, “SANTA!!!”

“HO, HO, HO, only joking between us boys Noddy”

Well boys and girls, have you ever truly wondered where all the new toys come from?

HO! HO! HO!

For whom the North Wind blows; who is are guide tonight

Its Saturday night, Christmas is near, and Cortny is getting ready for a night on the tiles.

By day Cortny is the all knowing Professor Corta Fernando, Spanish Professor of Birmingham University, but by night, she's Cortny the a spanish fandango dancer at the local Brummy In and Out Club; no one is faster with those castanets than our Cortney.

Cortney sips her tequila sunrise cocktail; It's a slow night in the club. Not many new fish in tonight. She is about to call it quits when a new  raucous party enters the club. She sees the learning plates on the nappy wearing male…. Stag party… her favorite prey and sure that they have no real idea what type of club they have just entered.

She saunters over,  smiling at the inebriated young men. “So who would like a surprise private Dance?”

The 12 strong group to a man shout “Me!”

Cortny smiles, links her arm through the learner driver, “This way handsome.”

The inebriated groom gives her a drunken smile, “What's the surprise?”

Cortny pats his bum “Trust me sweet cheeks, it will be a surprise.”

Well boys and girls, it just goes to prove you must always check the label on your Christmas presents to make sure you have the right one :)

For whom the North Wind blows; who is are guide tonight,

It's the wee hours of the morning and two dogs are on their rounds looking for scraps of food. Discarded food raps outside late night takeaways and the bins behind the old butchers shop are the strays best chance at a meal this snow covered Christmas Eve, but their tracks path their fruitless progress on their nightly route.

The snow dampens the scent of any morsel of food and it it seems it will be another night of sleep on an empty belly. They are strays of the back alleys and city parks, though their name tags note they must have been once loved pets, but are now just discarded christmas presents.

The huddle together under the flyover, close but not too close, to a tramp who has an oil drum fire for warmth. They have know the kicks and thrown stones of such people before.

The Tramp spots them in the darkness noting their malnourished bodies. He has 3 sausages roasting on sticks he found in a dumpster earlier. He sighs to himself muttering “Christmas and goodwill to all”. He takes 2 of the sausages and throws them to the dogs.

The tramp looks down through tearful eyes and reads the name tags, “Blitzen”, “Dasher”. He kneels down stroking their mangy hides tenderly,“Well come on now, move on. The Salvation army has a turkey lunch with your name on it”

“Thank you my little brothers.”

“That's alright old “Merry Christmas you mangy mutts.” Quickly scoffing the last sausages he huddles down for the night, pulling more cardboard over himself for warmth; it's going to be a freezing one tonight.

The Tramp is shook awake in the morning by a police patrol, more concerned to check if he is still alive than to move him on. “Come on old timer, up and at um”

The Tramp realises the two strays were huddled either side of him, though they are not moving. The second Policeman notes his glance, “Sorry mate, your dogs didn’t make it, but they did what they could for you and gave what little they could to keep you alive.”

The Police man undoes the dogs collars, handing them to the tramp, “Guess you will want these before the pound takes their bodies away.”

timer.” replies the policeman just catching the muttered thanks and thinking it was directed to him.

It wasn’t.

Well boys and girls, kindness is free and a wondrous gift to others; you never know, it might even save your life.
Anrath @ en 1

Comments

• BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Not gonna read all that, but I did see something about naming your alliance after reindeer... in our alliance we rank based off of seafood.

1- Krill
    2- Scallop
    3- Clam
    4- Shrimp
    5- Crayfish
    6- Lobster
    7- Crab
    8- Octopus
    9- Squid
    10- Megladon
    11- Kraken
    Retired Recruiter of BattleHorn
    GIF
  • sorry mixed up the middle of the last one, sure you can work it out lol
    Anrath @ en 1
  • lol, incase you can't here;

For whom the North Wind blows; who is are guide tonight,

It's the wee hours of the morning and two dogs are on their rounds looking for scraps of food. Discarded food raps outside late night takeaways and the bins behind the old butchers shop are the strays best chance at a meal this snow covered Christmas Eve, but their tracks path their fruitless progress on their nightly route.

The snow dampens the scent of any morsel of food and it it seems it will be another night of sleep on an empty belly. They are strays of the back alleys and city parks, though their name tags note they must have been once loved pets, but are now just discarded christmas presents.

The huddle together under the flyover, close but not too close, to a tramp who has an oil drum fire for warmth. They have know the kicks and thrown stones of such people before.

The Tramp spots them in the darkness noting their malnourished bodies. He has 3 sausages roasting on sticks hee found in a dumpster earlier. He sighs to himself muttering “Christmas and goodwill to all”. He takes 2 of the sausages and throws them to the dogs.

“Merry Christmas you mangy mutts.” Quickly scoffing the last sausages he huddles down for the night, pulling more cardboard over himself for warmth; it's going to be a freezing one tonight.

The Tramp is shook awake in the morning by a police patrol, more concerned to check if he is still alive than to move him on. “Come on old timer, up and at um”

The Tramp realises the two strays were huddled either side of him, though they are not moving. The second Policeman notes his glance, “Sorry mate, your dogs didn’t make it, but they did what they could for you and gave what little they could to keep you alive.”

The Police man undoes the dogs collars, handing them to the tramp, “Guess you will want these before the pound takes their bodies away.”

The tramp looks down through tearful eyes and reads the name tags, “Blitzen”, “Dasher”. He kneels down stroking their mangy hides tenderly,

“Well come on now, move on. The Salvation army has a turkey lunch with your name on it”

“Thank you my little brothers.”

“That's alright old timer.” replies the policeman just catching the muttered thanks and thinking it was directed to him.

It wasn’t.

Well boys and girls, kindness is free and a wondrous gift to others; you never know, it might even save your life.

Anrath @ en 1
  • Anrath (GB1)Anrath (GB1) Posts: 23
    edited 10.12.2016

A Gift reindeer in the mouth

It that time of year again and the fates look down on the activities of mortals.

Something drops past them, accompanied with a curse of “Crap”

A steely eyed fat man (no, it's not me) gives his elf helper a look of disapproval.

“Not the type of language for christmas eve old boy.”

The Elf looks chastised, “Sorry Santa, but I dropped a bag of pixie dust.”

“Not to worry, I always back more than i need for the reindeer and their flying needs.”

Moments later, a mad gamer with the handle of “Wii” who (no, not him) is out and about for some last minute christmas shopping, is startled as the brightly coloured small bag lands in the snow in front of him.

He picks it up and opens it with care.

Unfortunately, are intrepid gamer has a very bad cold and just as he opens it, he erupts in some volcanic sneezes.

Pixey dust envelops him and he is enveloped in a euphoric cloud  of dust.

High as a kite, he doesn't realise he is now high in the sky moments later. He has a eureka moment, “I can get a load of scratch cards for my christmas presents at the local garage.”

Moments later, our poor gamer plummets to earth and leave a very Degas style impressionist spate of his life on the sidewalk.

The three fates nod to each other with satisfaction.

The morale of the story you ask yourself; take time to think of others, for a gift that falls easily in your lap is not earned, or thoughtful of others.

Side note :- The Author would like to state that any characters in this story have no real correlation to  any personage that may be known to any reader…. lol

Santa is not steely eyed, he's soft and cuddly :)

Post edited by Anrath (GB1) on
    Anrath @ en 1
  • Correspondence

It that time of year again and the fates look down on the activities of mortals.

M is in a bad mood. She’s been going over the department's expense accounts for the last year and they have sky rocketed. Her real reason for the bad mood however, is she is not use to people not replying to her correspondence. 3 letter she has sent and still no reply.

She places a call on the red line, “Someone find whatever drunken den Triple 0 is in this Christmas Eve and get him to my office immediately!”

A few hours before midnight, a very wobbly on his feet 000, enters her office and attempts to throw his woolly hat onto the hat stand; this results in a broken vase and him a drunken heap on the office floor.

“Oh get up Tripple 0 for god sake. I have someone I need you to retire with extreme prejudice.”

000 just about manages to get to his feet, “Yeesss Mamma, I mean Ma’am.” The Fates have seen far stable Flamingos on one leg in a force 10 hurricane.

“I have Written to Father Christmas 3 times about what I want this year and he hasn’t replied to any of them. I will not stand for that level of disrespect. You will track him down and make him understand his mistake.”

A very confused look crossed Triple 0’s already unstable face and he mumbles, “Eeerrrrr can’t do that Ma’am.”

“What do you mean you can’t do that, you can find anyone and retire anyone. That's why I employ you!”

Now 000’s expression is more one of worry than confusion, “Well you see, last Christmas eve, I was a little worse for wear, when I thought an assassin had broken into my flat. Well I shot him immediately without hesitation of course, but then realised he was Santa delivering my presents.”

M looks incredulous, “You shot Santa last Christmas Eve??? Who (not him) will deliver the presents this year.”

Triple 0 looks a little less worried now as he is able to offer some reassurance. “Well I found his list and i was close to his last stop, so not many noticed the missing deliveries. I have been in contact with the North pole and smoothed things over, - a little blackmail about him and Rudolf- and they agreed to let our department deliver all the prezzies till they can find a new Santa. The Whole department has been working flat out all year getting ready for Christmas Eve.”

Triple 0’s fragile head is nearly shattered but M’s reply, “WHAT!!!!!!”

So you see boys and girls. Never get cross with Santa if he fails to reply to your letters. He is really busy you know, or maybe retired with extreme prejudice
    Anrath @ en 1
  • Saturnalia

The Fates have always been there. Now they view a story from antiquity, but one as poignant then, as today .

It is the Eve of Saturnalia, December 24th, the year 162. A time for feasting, goodwill, generosity to the poor, the exchange of gifts and the decoration of trees. But it wasn’t Christmas. This was Saturnalia, the pagan Roman winter solstice festival.

Emperor  Marcus Aurelius is in the second year of his reign, but this year he is determined to avoid all the pomp and ceremony forced upon him by his position, and just have his close family around him to celebrate the festival, as this is the true spirit of the festival.

He is thought a good Emperor by his subjects, though a tad pompous by some :)

Just the wife, Kids, 3 mistresses, and assorted other family members. Yes a small gathering of no more than three or 4 hundred.

The Emperor ordered his gifts months ago, to be made by the best artisans of his great Empire. One present he has been working on for weeks himself, a small wooden carving of a pony for his youngist Daughter Annia, just 2 years old. He has been whittling away during Senate hearings, War debriefings and Tax Reports, much to the consternation of all others in those meetings with his lack of diligence to tasks at hand. (Not that anyone was going to complain, even when the odd wood sliver flew off into a General's wine cup).

But Marcus knows the reward of the gift will be a priceless and wondrous; a true smile of happiness from his daughter. A gift he has given with meaning, thought and Love.

So you see people. The greatest gift is not always the most expensive one, but one that is heartfelt and personal.

Mind you The Emperor Marcus Aurelius is not an idiot, he Knows his oldest brats will want the latest and most expensive things that it is possible for money to buy!

Anrath @ en 1
  • An Elf's Life

Little Chutney is an Elf. He lives at the North pole and works in the Elf Toy factory. So far, so what, you are asking yourself, all seems normal there. But  Chutney has a secret. Whilst he whistles and sings the happy working tunes, and keeps the happy elf smile on his face, deep inside, all he really wants to do is punch his oh so happy and smiley Elf Supervisor in the face.

Chutney is sick of the 16 hour work days, the freezing work conditions. The food, don’t get him started on the food; all there was to drink was hot chocolate or strawberry milkshake. To eat, cake, mince pies and get this, bloody ice cream; ICE CREAM! Just the stuff you need to warm your cold bones on a freezing North pole night. My God, what he would do for a blood rare steak and a bottle of whiskey.

To day the factory is getting a visit from his high and mighty Fatness, jolly HO! HO! HO! Santa. With his big belly and red cheeks, I bet he has had many a bottle before bed time.

Yum Yum is looking at him with a smile and a raised eyebrow. Chutney stops daydreaming and gets back the the slave labour work with a last mutter of disgust. Everyone called the Elf Supervisor ‘Yum Yum’, out of his disgusting habit of uttering the words “Yum Yum” and spitting food matter everywhere after every slice of cake or  bowl of ice cream he eats. Disgusting!.

Suddenly Chutney feels calm once more and a wave of happiness and glee washes over him. All grumpy thoughts and complaints are washed away, as the spirit of Christmas envelops him.

“Why hello my young Elf, Chutney isn't it?” Asks Santa, who (no not him) was standing behind him.

“So good to see you working so hard on those toys. Keep up the good work that's a good Elf.”  

All Chutney can do is just stammer a few meaningless words, as he is so overwhelmed that the Great Santa has spared even just a few moments to speak to him.

Santa continues the rounds, saying a few words of praise here and there.

Chutney watches his majestic passage across the factory floor, thinking to himself, “I’m the luckiest Elf in the world. I have a wonderful fulfilling job, with the best food and accommodations you could ever hope for.”

So you see boys and girls. The Spirit of christmas can fill you with joy and happiness, but we should never forget the truth of the hardship that others may face this time of year, without the magic of Santa being close by.

Anrath @ en 1
  • Christmas Spirit

“Dave, do you want the Turkey or the Goose?” asks a very bored meals on wheels delivery boy.

There is no response from the old rickety man looking out his front room window.

The young man notices the hearing aids in the pensioners ears for the first time, “Dave!!! do you want the Turkey or the Goose?!!!” he shouts.

He finally gets a wimpish reply to his question, “Goose, Goose! What else would you have for you Christmas dinner. None of that stupid Yank stuff!”

The kid just rolls his eyes, he has to put up with a lot from these old gits in his job. He is curious however what the oldtimer is so interested in, so putting the tupperware dinner on the table he joins the old man at the window to see what hes looking at.

Down in the flats front garden, some children are playing in the snow building a snowman. The young man smiles at the sight saying, “That's a sight to get you in the Christmas spirit”. Again he gets no reply, “Dave!!!” he shouts, “ Isn’t that's a sight to get you in the Christmas spirit hey!”

The meals on wheels delivery guy gets another sharp wimpish reply, “Christmas Spirit… Barr Humbug! All they are doing is messing up the front garden!”

Well it just goes to show boys and girls, Christmas time is not the time of goodwill to everyone :)

Anrath @ en 1
Sign In to comment.