Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

How to do the Blade Coast

This thread is made so people can post good ways to complete the Blade Coast without too many casualties. People can also ask questions that will hopefully be answered. Me, I need a lot of help on this. As soon as I hit the first Tower, the next two are already needing me to build camp with resources I don't have.
I have a tip, though: Ruby buyers and people with great resource OPs should join. If you buy rubies, KG units are easy to get off the mercenary guy. If you have great resource OPs that fill up super fast, then building camps will not be a problem. But you will need lots of skip times and units.

CraZGuy US1
I make wikia pages for Goodgame Empire, too. Check them out and be informed.
https://goodgameempire.fandom.com/wiki/User:Jun-dragon 

Comments

• modnarton (GB1)modnarton (GB1) Posts: 172
    edited 17.11.2015
     Tip 1 follow the quests till you hit the first tower quest

You probably need more than the 10 troops you've now got to safely hit the first tower.
    So use any resources to build 2 more tents to give you 20 troops. You need to import troops above kingsguard level.

Tip 2  Do the first tower quest.   You should now have 30 troops.
    Use your 30 troops to hit the 1st level convoys... Concentrate them on 2 flanks to give a  7:1 advantage.  (so either attack  7-0-7  if the defence is  1-W -1...where W is Whatever
    or  7- 19-0 if the defence is  1-3(or less)- W  where 3(or less) is 1/1 2/1  or 1/2 melee /ranged
    Obviously you should assign your 19 troops in a 10/9 ratio if the  defence is 1/1  or a 12/7 ratio if the defence is  1/2  so you have 12 melee against the defence 2 ranged.
    Fill all the waves so you maximise the troops getting to the courtyard to take on the ignored flank.

Tip 3 Keep hitting the 1st level convoys and use the resources to build  4 more tents then build storehouses till you've got 4 of them  before you start building decos and increasing camp size.  Keep hitting convoys when you can.  It's a slow  process but it means you don't have to import resources often.

When you've got over 50 troops and morale over 150% and more than 5 storehouses you're probably looking to capture a second tower.

Repeat tip 3 till you've got  over 80 troops then you can start 2nd level convoys. You're now starting to eat into food production so you need to keep hitting convoys to keep food stocks up.
    When you've got 8 stores look to bring troop numbers up to around 150 by building tents. Build decos as needed to keep morale up to about170%.  Don't import more than 85 troops till you've space for 150  this includes winning troops so choose carefully when you hit those towers.

Keep increasing like the above

Post edited by modnarton (GB1) on
    modnarton @ en 1
  •  Tip 1 follow the quests till you hit the first tower quest

You probably need more than the 10 troops you've now got to safely hit the first tower.
    So use any resources to build 2 more tents to give you 20 troops. You need to import troops above kingsguard level.

Tip 2  Do the first tower quest.   You should now have 30 troops.
    Use your 30 troops to hit the 1st level convoys... Concentrate them on 2 flanks to give a  7:1 advantage.  (so either attack  7-0-7  if the defence is  1-W -1...where W is Whatever
    or  7- 19-0 if the defence is  1-3(or less)- W  where 3(or less) is 1/1 2/1  or 1/2 melee /ranged
    Obviously you should assign your 19 troops in a 10/9 ratio if the  defence is 1/1  or a 12/7 ratio if the defence is  1/2  so you have 12 melee against the defence 2 ranged.
    Fill all the waves so you maximise the troops getting to the courtyard to take on the ignored flank.

Tip 3 Keep hitting the 1st level convoys and use the resources to build  4 more tents then build storehouses till you've got 4 of them  before you start building decos and increasing camp size.  Keep hitting convoys when you can.  It's a slow  process but it means you don't have to import resources often.

When you've got over 50 troops and morale over 150% and more than 5 storehouses you're probably looking to capture a second tower.
    Repeat tip 3 till you've got  over 80 troops then you can start 2nd level convoys. You're now starting to eat into food production so you need to keep hitting convoys to keep food stocks up.
    When you've got 8 stores look to bring troop numbers up to around 150 by building tents. Build decos as needed to keep morale up to about170%.  Don't import more than 85 troops till you've space for 150  this includes winning troops so choose carefully when you hit those towers.

Keep increasing like the above

I  think its 50 troops for level 2 convoys?

But I agree with above post. Unlock till level 2 convoys then halt. Build a max camp then TEAR YOUR WAY APART!

Asia 1/ United Forces
  •    Blah..blah..blah...

I  think its 50 troops for level 2 convoys?

But I agree with above post. Unlock till level 2 convoys then halt. Build a max camp then TEAR YOUR WAY APART!

I'd agree most of the time 50 is enough for level 2 convoys  but there's always that difficult split.
    As your camp produces enough for to feed 80 troops I'd recommend going to around 80 to allow  for some mistakes/losses without having to wait 2 hours for replacements or using valuable timeskips .
    modnarton @ en 1
  • WarrenPeace (US1)WarrenPeace (US1) Posts: 68
    edited 26.11.2015
    Thanks for posting up these tips! This is my first time in The Blade Coast. I wish I'd seen this thread before I got started. I really had no idea what to expect, or how to plan

I've been pretty successful taking out L1-L3 convos with only 30-40 troops. I imported Demon troops for this event. I'm only halfway across the islands after almost three days, but progress is steady now. Lots of mantlets needed to protect your troops, and you can't produce them in the event, so make sure you import plenty of tools early on to save yourself expensive or slow imports.

One tip I will add is that you don't have to hit every island, but the resources you will loot are worth it. I was stuck at one point since there were no more towers to conquer, yet the next target was not unlocked for me. At this point you need to upgrade your warship to continue across the map. The game doesn't clearly prompt you to do this, so it's easy to get hung at this point. 

One question, what should I expect to need for troops and tools once I reach the Kraken? Thanks!

• Well, I beat the Kraken. :)

I'm still in event looting as many pearls as possible ( I really want that other deco! ), but my sotre houses in the Blade Coast are already full. I understand that when I leave the event that those resources will be sent back to my main castle, is this correct?

Reason I ask, my main castle only has storage for 41k and my storehouses in Blade Coast are full at 55k ( you need that much storage to upgrade your warship the last time, NOT 80k) Will the excess be added to my storehouses anyway, or will I lose those resources? Thanks!
  • HeroAzure (US1)HeroAzure (US1) US1 Posts: 231
    do you have to attack all the towers before you attack the kracken?  Can you go for the kracken as soon as it appears?  do you win if you do not hit all the towers?
    HeroAzure @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Sam Hurt, Title Cactus Cat
  • MightyHawklord (GB1)MightyHawklord (GB1) GB1 Posts: 512
    edited 07.12.2015
    do you have to attack all the towers before you attack the kracken?  Can you go for the kracken as soon as it appears?  do you win if you do not hit all the towers?
    you only need to hit 9 towers to get to the kraken,
    once you beat the kraken then you can continue defeating the towers that are left or exit the event,

you can beat the kraken with 1 wave of martyrs and 1 attack wave,
    ranged on the flanks, mixed down the middle,

(only resource tools needed)
    6 ladders + 20 mantlets - 6 ladders, 6 rams + 20 mantlets - 6 ladders + 20 mantlets

or just do the flanks with an extra wave of melee but no extra tools

i know its a bit late, but use it for future reference
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    leader of the mighty dragon legion
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
    registered Linux user 476319
    registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file