Home English (UK) Goodgame Empire - Art/Lore

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Small RPG

2»

Comments

• Grace managed to reach the Bilboian by the door just as people began speaking up, filling the silence with their worried chatter. She dodged the people still lingering by the windows, and ignored the conversation around her, only focusing on the inhuman person leaning by the door.

"Mind telling me what the blazes is going on?" She inquired as calmly as possible. Quacky had decided to not risk being trampled on, and stood proudly on Grace's arm, searching around the room.

The duck quacked once, alerting her mistress of the new change of events that seemed to be occurring. Now several people were flocking to the windows again, and peering out of them as if that was going to tell them what was happening outside. Grace turned around to watch all this happen, then turned back to one of her oldest friends, the Royal Heavy Launcher.

"Come on now, what happened?"
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
  • K K (US1)K K (US1) Posts: 3,731
    I blinked a couple of times to clear my eyes. Looking at Grace and Quacky, I could only shrug.

"I have no clue myself. I think that the undead armies from the Saul Dungeon are attacking. That's my only guess. But that can't be. The undead of the Saul Dungeons are guardians, not invaders."

I turn, suddenly, the conversation reminded me of an item. I handed Grace the fletching of one of the arrows found buried into the pine wooden door.

"It's geese feather as far as I know. You're a bird. What do you make of this?"
    The Sane Acquaintance of Inrazimad
    The Co-Creator of the Bilbo RPG Community

K [email protected] Int 1
    Member of the Royal Heavy Launchers; subdivision of the Royal Gunner Circle; subdivision of the Royal Remnant Knights.
    PS: Remnant Knights is owned and copyright to Game Samba and Kalydo. My post on the forums is to be considered fan fiction.

Hate the fires,
    K K

Help me raise Creatures, please.

• hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    Since we are taking Ducks I guess Elves wont be a prob. (I am elf-crazy, LOTR ruined me XD) Elvish will be in asrisks

I walked into the room. Everyone turned. Some little duck said "What in the name of  $&#@. A Eldar Guard?" "Yes" I said. "How did you get here?" asks the barkeeper. "I came in the back, there were a few undead out that way." "So how did you get past them?" "I didn't." "Then how are you here?!" "I destroyed them." "Oh...." I walk over to Lance and the Launcher. "What do you need me to do here?" *Aphado nin!* 20 Eldar Soldiers run into the room. *Hîr vuin, man tôg.* "We are at you command"
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• Grace gave K K an unimpressed look. 

"I may be a bird, but I'm no fletching expert," Grace told him in a matter-of-fact tone. She took the arrow anyway, and studied it critically before handing it back to her friend. "Haven't seen this before. Did you happen to see anything abnormal about the person who tried to shoot at you?"

At this, she turned her body slightly towards one of the closest windows, her eyebrows scrunching up in confusion and slight worry. Quacky, who still stood on her left forearm, made a slight sound in her throat and flapped her wings twice to gain her balance. But she turned to look at the windows as well, noticing the aura of nervousness her mistress had around her.

Grace turned her head back towards K K, her face showing only the slightest bit of the worry she was feeling. "Because we're probably dealing with something supernatural."
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
  • Dan o Shanter (US1)Dan o Shanter (US1) Posts: 396
    edited 01.01.2016
    Brother Ravenna gaped at Grace as she finished her last statement.  "Oh dear.", he murmured fervently but inwardly, his absolute distress at finding himself like to be allied with a madwoman who actually BELIEVED all that supernatural shchtick the chief priests and elders handed out to the people at war with his absolutely practical assessment of her obvious aura of experience and therefore probable prowess in the battle to come.  He gulped once, hoping it wasn't too visible, and bowed to Grace and Quacky.  "I trust we share the same distaste for whoever is attacking us, miladies.  Allow me to introduce myself.  The name's Ravenna, clann Siantria, once not the least among the street wolves of Tuiren-Shar, but now as penance for sins that I failed to commit in that life when I had a chance, now condemned to the robes of the Brethren but gifted as a compensation for my trials with the care of the flock in this village...which I must confess I have discovered an unexpected but heartfelt satisfaction in even though ...or perhaps all the more so because... the generality of the Brotherhood outside of this place is a festering corpse rife with superstitious worship of the god of Graft and Avarice crawling in and out of it like maggots in search of the putrefaction of Gain to feed upon."
    Post edited by Dan o Shanter (US1) on

Proud non ruby-whiner
    I turn to Ravenna, slightly surprised. I had not expected experienced fighters to visit my tavern and inn as often as they do. And even so, they weren't the most humble about it. This new one definitely took me by surprise.

"A warrior? Well. Good to have you on board." I extend my hand out to Ravenna in greeting, smiling weakly. "I'm afraid that we are indeed dealing with something... Mysterious."

I turn to Grace, answering her question. "The archer was no person. All I saw was white bone..." I shudder. "I didn't think it would be true... the legends of the hallows rising. And with them, the dead. It's not possible." I shake for while before steadying myself. "I have seen beasts before, on Bilbo and on Earth. Monsters, savage and cruel. But this."

I shake and shudder some more, smiling inwardly as if putting on a show. In fact, I am putting on a show. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm a great actor.

Member of the Royal Heavy Launchers; subdivision of the Royal Gunner Circle; subdivision of the Royal Remnant Knights.
    PS: Remnant Knights is owned and copyright to Game Samba and Kalydo. My post on the forums is to be considered fan fiction.

Hate the fires,
    K K

• Lance draw a deep breath calming himself.  The thought of having to defend against a horde of invaders living or undead was not in the comfort zone of most assassins. His included. Silently he move from behind the table towards a window to pear out.  He jumps back cursing as an arrow nearly misses him. 
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    Meanwhile, a dead soldier called overlord rises walks about a bit and gets a cannon ball to the knee and I lost a leg as I slowly drag myself to a nearby castle 200 miles from everything else and slowly rises an army of 200,000 soon I will be ready to take over after my once great army is put back together the 4 types of minions brown,red, green and blue with the skeletons and other things I have at my army and there is nothing you can do except wallow in your inevitable defeat. 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
    I glance back at the worried commuters.

"First thing's first, We have to get these people out of here." I say, to no one in particular. "Grace, stay by the door and warn us if they are coming."

I rush towards the bar and duck around the wooden bench. Dropping down to my knees, a begin to fumble with the items stored beneath - for the bar was simply a hollow cupboard. I produce a sightly rusted key and disappear into the room behind the bar.

"Follow me, everybody." I call.

"Oh! Smokes! That was close!" I yell. A sharp creak and the old padlock opened, nearly snapping the key in the process.
    I open the trapdoor and smile, satisfied. That satisfaction was soon destroyed as red, glowing eyes turn upwards to greet me.  

Hate the fires,
    K K

• Grace nodded at the Bilboian before turning back to the heavy wooden door in front of her. Quacky immediately knew what she was thinking, and hopped off her arm, landing on the floor of the Tavern without so much as a slight stagger. The duck ruffled her feathers once to ensure she knew Grace's idea, which caused a slight smile to ghost over her mistress' features.

Grace, feeling a little more reassured, drew her hand-and-a-half sword from the sheath strapped in between her shoulder blades and opened the door wide enough to just let her pass through. she stepped through the gap quickly, and tensed her shoulders for battle as she heard Quacky push the door closed again.

Almost immediately, she heard the soft sound of an arrow come her way, and she ducked, her sword held out in front of her as some sort of long, narrow shield. Not particularly enjoying the exposure that standing in the open brought her, Grace leaped onto a window ledge nearby and used the momentum to haule herself up onto a ledge on the second floor. Another arrow whistled past her as she did so, and she flinched to the side, only just missing getting hit.

She crouched on the ledge she managed to find on the sexond floor and studied the walls in the direction the arrows had been shot. She saw nothing at first, and was just about to swing her gaze to the wall at her left when she glimpsed the slightly discoloured white that stood out in the dark.

Grace narrowed her eyes at the skeletal figure on the wall. So she'd been right; it was something unnatural they were dealing with.

Currently, a massive army of skeletons attack the pub while a small band of skeletons was sent 5 years ago to infiltrate the humans attack inside the pub killing many people after they die I turn them into soldiers if anyone dies for now I can just turn them for me except those who are blown up or miss a limb. However, I can't bring back the skeletons unless you know how to fight wraiths.  
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    I slam the trapdoor shut, locking it in the process. Sharp thuds and banging was soon followed as whatever was underneath tried to get back up. I glance around quickly, looking for something to seal the trapdoor with. My eyes fall upon and small cupboard. Immediately, I dash across the room to fetch it.

Small as it was, it was still heavy. I could only move it so much at a time. But once it was close enough, I step back and kick the drawer over, hearing the jingle of contents inside smashing against the walls of the cupboard, adding extra weight.

With this task completed, I head back out, to behind the bar and the taproom.

"Our position has been compromised! The enemy know of our underground tunnels and they've gotten something down there!" I announced. "Grace, Keep at the door. I'll check the roof." I ordered, coming to a decision. And with that, I shot up the stairs, heading for the fourth floor of the Kingdom of Knighthood.

Hate the fires,
    K K

You can't from us for long as long as our farms have people we have constant reinforcements your fight is mean less the last 8 places fell within hours if not a day at most you will fall like the rest.   
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

"Oo! I've got an idea!"
  • Grace yelled an affirmative back as soon as K K stopped his flow of instruction, and dropped back down towards the ground again to keep guard of the door. She almost toppled over as she landed, still not entirely sober, but a great deal of practice fighting while intoxicated was what kept her from face-planting into the dirt.

She darted towards the door again and pressed herself against the wall beside the doorway. The bony white archer was still on the wall, and Grace felt a stab of annoyance at the fact that she couldn't hurl one of her throwing knives as far as someone could shoot an arrow. The archer loosed a few more arrows with extraordinarily precise aim, and would have probably met their target, had she not sidestepped them all almost immediately.

The skeletal archer had made no move to descend down the wall, and Grace, beginning to feel a great deal of frustration, switched her sword to her left hand and clenched her right fist. When she opened her hand, her right palm glowed a bright white before bursting aflame. It was painfully bright in the darkness, and she felt slightly more exposed without the cover of darkness, but the archer was practically taunting her. 

The flames glowed brighter, and flickered higher, and Grace narrowed her eyes at the archer. She hefted the flaming ball of gas in her right hand before stepping forward and hurling it towards the archer. She had hurled another one before the first had even gotten halfway to its target, and another two by the time it reached where she had aimed it. She stopped after the sixth and stepped back to watch the proceedings.

• Dan o Shanter (US1)Dan o Shanter (US1) Posts: 396
    edited 19.01.2016
    Brother Ravenna had been sober, but that was before things that were clearly impossible were so rude enough as to happen anyway.  He'd needed a swift jolt of the aquavit he'd noticed a previous patron leave behind to lubricate the shift in his reality focus; now he returned to the practical.  He caught at K K's elbow as he headed up towards the stairs.  "Do you happen to have anything heavy here I could use as ammunition for this?"  He held up the improvised sling he'd been working up from a torn sleeve and a chair leg that had hung on the wall as trophy of some forgotten brawl.  "Hunks of old metal, stone, anything like that...," he paused as a series of fiery explosions outside rattled the windows, "...bottle bombs would be even better, if you rent space to any hobby brwers or moonshiners..."

Proud non ruby-whiner
  • Near the docks, a large shark surfaces. Its rider, dressed in red and blue under a long cloak, steps off and mutters a quick incantation. The shark shrinks into the enchanted blade of a halberd and attaches itself to the long staff held by the rider. I am a sergeant of the legendary Jestur-gaard, an order of comedians and bards trained to be deadly with a variety of weapons, mostly polearms. I carry half a dozen individual blade attachments for my staff, carried in a bandoleer with a rather long hunting knife. I also have some assorted tools (climbing, carpentry, smithery, ect) an herbalist's kit, a bag of juggling balls that are rigged with gunpowder, and a sling to toss them longer distances (it can also be attached to the staff for even longer range).

I was sent from... where I am from because the castle wizard sensed that there have been dark goings-on. I sneak to the storage barns, climbing onto one to get a better view of the area. Most of the undead are concentrated near the tavern, but some also seem to be storming the watch tower. I begin moving in that general direction, to see if I can help.
    legojedishark @ usa 1
    I will release my super weapon and you will all fall and if that fails to kill you all then I will do it personally and if I fail then everyone that has ever died and every will, will come and destroy you all even your own deaths will not be left out you will be forced to kill your friends and your self over and over again until you join them and fight your own friends. Once I own everything I will let you come back and you can fight me over and OVER AND OVER AGAIN. If you ever can beat me this is the only chance you get. 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

"Oo! I've got an idea!"
  • +         As the sun rises in the Eastern skies over Muireadhach, , the village folk go about the daily chores of the living.   Working thru the snow drifts,  cutting fire wood, hunting game, ice fishing, & just trying to stay alive.   The threat of attack from the undead always on their minds.   The Knights out on quests all around the World, fighting, gaining glory, & fame.    All the things Timix wishes he were doing, being told all the time that ye be to young to be going out on an adventure.   To small to fight,  Timix  holds his wooden sword thrusting at the tree branches, swinging wildly as if attacking a great dragon or some other monster.    His big brother Thomox  watches, with a smile,.   Ye'll make a fine warrior some day Timix,  says Thomox, just keep ye eyes on ye target & ye'll do alright lad.  Really,?? ask s Timix,.      Hey come to supper, calls their mother from the hut where they live.    As the brothers head for home, they are unaware of being watched, by sinister eyes.   The skeleton spies dressed in torn leather & chainmail armor, look on gathering a report for the Undead King................... >:)>:)>:)>:)
    *puts hood up* 
    Well the attacks are starting to get pushed back 
    I don't need a bunch of angry warriors outside my main place well if they reach it of course 
    This world isn't as pathetic as I first thought guess I should move on and prepare the second wave. 

*sees a large army matching* 
    or maybe release the super weapon early 
    either way I need new recruits.
    Now let's see how Muireadhach doing would hate for it to be destroyed I kind of like it 

overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

"Oo! I've got an idea!"
Sign In to comment.