We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The Robber Baron King Part 1

This is a story inspired by the Robber Baron King Event.
I'm open to all thoughts on the story, it took me some time to write but I hope you all enjoy it :)

Chapter 1: The Cell
4 days maybe 5... I Begun to lost count of time since they've captured me... Since that day...
I sometimes think that if I had just run away with my family instead of choosing to stay as the "proud spearman" in our Lord's army then things wouldn't have come to this... But no, that day when there was the biggest Robber Baron attack that we ever faced I chose to stay and fight. Fight for the castle I called home... I expected to win too, we all did. When it comes to robber barons, we never lost. And just because this one was bigger than the others we weren't fazed at all... Then that's when things went wrong... They rushed through a hidden pathway in the castle and began to annihilate us from within... We never saw it coming... They went straight for the keep, while we were all posted on the front wall... It was chaos, they set fire to everything, the dwellings, the hospitals, the barracks... And with the castle burning smoke swallowed the sky... Ash scraped down my throat and fire licked my eyes. I coughed black phlegm and stumbled around trying to find something to hold... I ended up grabbing the torch of a robber baron soldier. The soldier immediately reared away and jabbed his knife to my throat, instincts kicked in and I ducked and rushed for his legs. I knocked him down and grabbed his torch and pressed it to his face. I could still remember the smell of his flesh charring against his face. He resisted, screamed and brought his knife down on my side. I lost grip of the torch as he kept stabbing my side with his knife, then through the icy pain adrenaline rushed in and with a single scream of fury, I punched his face and blacked out. That's when I woke up in this cell, in a robber baron castle. Pain gripped my side, as I saw a smooth patch over the wounds that were inflicted upon me that day, someone patched me up. I looked for other prisoners but the other cells were empty. I was alone... The only interaction i really had was from this silent, bullish looking guard who shoved slop through the cells food-hatch and an evil looking rat who nibbled on my fingers when I slept.
I wondered if my family was ok, or even looking for me.... My head hurt to even think about our home and the castle... Chu! I immediately turned my head to the direction of the noise, someone was outside my cell. "It's a little too early in the morning for food I thought" as I stood up from makeshift "hay-bed" and walked to the door of my cell. I peered through the bars but saw no one. "Odd" I thought as I walked away, "So this is the bastard who messed up Doug's face..." I froze... It was a girl's voice, I turned around and standing in front of the bars was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. "Well that slop I've been eating is really starting to mess me up" I thought as I stood dumbfounded. I couldn't believe I was starting to feel self conscious, then all of a sudden the "evil rat" came squeaking down the cell, squeezed through the cell bars and climbed up the girl's body. Something about that sight was just so disgusting that it shook me back to reality, and I managed to croak a few words, "There's a rat on your shoulder..." Then I felt like crawling down my own throat and dying, "you've been a prisoner for five days, and the first thing you say to the FIRST human being that talks is that there's a rat on her shoulder!" I thought as I cursed myself over and over. "Oh him, this is Runt, he's my a good friend of mine" she said then the rat squeaked at her "I mean Best friend" she corrected. Seemingly satisfied the rat scampered of her shoulder. "So what might his name be, oh so valiant hero!" she said sarcastically. Normally I laugh at any sort of sarcasm, but this one bothered me.. A lot! "The name's Jack, and I have questions that need to be answered! First, why am I being kept here as a prisoner, second what will happen to me, third what happened to my home, and fourth... Who are you?" Then she opened my cell door, "why don't you find the answers to your questions yourself" she said cheerily as she gestured me to come out of my cell. I eyed her warily, "this could be a trap..." I thought, "well it's not like i'm not trapped if I stay here..." I carefully stepped outside of my cell. "Oh c'mon it's not like there's a troll underneath the floor walk like a man!" she exclaimed as she started to make way towards the spiral stairs. I just stood out side of my cell locked in a battle of wanting answers and fear of what would happen if I follow this temptress. "Well? You said you wanted answers!" she snapped. "I've really got nothing to lose, well besides my life" I thought.
And I followed her.

To be continued......
Post edited by [Gelöschter Benutzer] on
11.jpg
Drood Shaman @ WWW 2

Comments

• CM MargoCM Margo Posts: 806
    edited 30.03.2015
    Hey Kane!

You're not Harry Kane by any chance are you? :D

Great story so far! Very in depth and really relates to the event. Would you like someone to continue or do you plan to?

~CM Margo
  • edited 30.03.2015
    CM Margo wrote: »
    Hey Kane!

You're not Harry Kane by any chance are you? :D

Great story so far! Very in depth and really relates to the event. Would you like someone to continue or do you plan to?

~CM Margo

Thank You for your positive feedback Margo!
    Yeah I plan to continue. And I'm working on the second part as we speak :D
    11.jpg
    Drood Shaman @ WWW 2
  • Luna Tik (US1)Luna Tik (US1) Posts: 43
    edited 30.03.2015
    It's beautiful... [place the non-existent starry eyed emoji here] :D
    Can't wait for Part 2!!! Seriously. ^.^
    s3Ml5wB.jpg It looks like a water tank... :D

Luna Tik, the Insane @ usa 1
  • lostsoullostsoul Posts: 53
    edited 31.03.2015
    bravo ... now we have artist , poets ,and story tellers (novelist ) good work really i don't thank i could of done better... i thank i may try to some up with shadies lady story ..... if i do i may need someone to act as a editor for me ... i suck at spelling and grammer but creative mind ... any takers ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Death comes for us all. No one can run or hide from it. But to my enemy death will come sooner then my allies .

lostsoul @ usa 1
  • CM MargoCM Margo Posts: 806
    edited 31.03.2015
    lostsoul wrote: »
    bravo ... now we have artist , poets ,and story tellers (novelist ) good work really i don't thank i could of done better... i thank i may try to some up with shadies lady story ..... if i do i may need someone to act as a editor for me ... i suck at spelling and grammer but creative mind ... any takers ?

You're right! We really are coming along well as a community.

And I'll be happy to help you out with any grammar checks :) Just send me a PM!

~CM Margo
  • edited 01.04.2015
    Hey Kane
    I love this line it is so funny
    it is disgusting but funny
    An evil looking rat who nibbled on my fingers when I slept.

hope you make the second part I wold love to read part2
    you are a very writer
    :)
  • Skye Pale (US1)Skye Pale (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 03.05.2015
    Awesome. Can't wait for the next installment!
    Skye Pale @ usa 1
  • hussain422hussain422 Posts: 104
    edited 05.06.2015
    AMAZING is the only word I can find to describe it wish I cold find more stuff like this on the forum's
    hussain42 @ usa1
    19.jpg
  • edited 06.06.2015
    Robber Baron King part 2
    Sorry for the long wait. Anyhow here's the next chapter. Hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 2: The Pit

"Hahahaha!!! Hohoho!!!" I seethed in anger as I stood before the gathering of thieves and murders who found something so ridiculously funny about me. There was this one really ugly looking guy who sounded like a frog who came and pushed me to the ground. "Er little man, why don't you kiss my boot? I promise it will be tastier than the slop we've been feeding you for the past couple of days." he croaked. I decided I was going to call him Frogface. I looked at the girl who brought me up here and she stared right back at me with an amused look on her face... Life is not fair for heroes, but I decided I had enough of this crap and I was not about to be further ridiculed, especially in front of this girl. So I stood back up, turned my face back to Frogface and said what a "hero" would say, "Kiss Mine." The crowd went silent, there was a genuine look of surprise on Frogface's face. “ Good" I thought, obviously frogface never had people deny his requests ever and I was more than happy to be the first. Then one by one the crowd started laughing... Not at me but at Frogface. Some guys even gave me approving looks. Frogface's face went red with embarrassment, "I'm going to f*ckin kill you!" he screamed and brandished a quite particularly nasty looking knife. "I'm going to skin you alive and wear your carcass over my body as a reminder of what happens to those who mock me!" He said menacingly as he headed towards me. The crowd started closing in to prevent my escape, frantic I scrambled pushed against the circle of thieves looking for some kind opening. And cried in frustration as they pushed me back. Frogface was laughing at my futile attempts of survival. He even slowed down, coming closer to me inch by inch to allow me to feel the dread of my death. "This is not how it's supposed to end!" I thought, I mean i was supposed to get some answers, not be publicly executed in front of these psychos.... I so wished I died back the battle instead of this dank place, at least it would have been an honorable death. Just before Frogface brought his knife down upon my face, a voice stopped him. ”That's enough Dan!” It was the girl. Frogface hesitated, and turned towards her. “You don’t command me Scilla!” ”Scilla, so that’s her name" I thought. Then it was almost as if in a blink of an eye she appeared in front of Frogface and disarmed him of his knife, throwing the latter to the ground. The crowd started laughing and applauding again. Before an enraged Frogface immediately grabbed her by the throat and lifted her above the ground. Her eyes went wide as her face started to turn purple from the constriction. Something about seeing her in pain gave me the strength I needed. With a short battle cry I tried to kick Frogface in the back, but without even looking at me his other hand he caught my foot and twisted it. “Arghh!” I screamed in shock as I fell to the ground unable to support myself with my twisted foot. “What is this?” said a voice from the far back of the crowd. Then everyone went quiet, I could see the fear in there eyes. “Father!” the girl choked out as FrogFace tightened his grip on her throat. “Father?” I tried to turn my head to where the voice came from I couldn’t find it. “Dan you let my daughter go right now…” the voice said again. Frogface still looked quite angry but I could see that his eyes were clouded with uncertainty and fear. With slow reluctance he let Scilla go. Scilla fell the to the ground clutching her throat gulping for oxygen. I dearly wanted to crawl next to he. “I can do whatever I please!!! These two maggots have mocked me today! I was simply teaching them their place!” Frogface screamed at this unknown voice. Then the voice stepped out from his hiding place. I stifled a cry of horror as I recognized this man. Clad entirely in black with 3 skulls dangling off the side of his hip wearing a mask that resembled the face of a crow…. I could never and would never refuse to forget this man, and that terrible crow mask…. The man who, when I was 6 years old came into our house and stole all of our belongings and…. And killed my father….. “Shh calm down Dan…. I understand your angst.” He said as he bro-hugged Frogface. Scilla stared at her father in wide confusion. “I am ashamed of my behavior…. I… I should’ve been more responsible…” “what the heck is going on? This was a completely a different Frogface…… What happened to all that spunk and disgustingness??? He almost seemed like a scolded child….. “Shh Dan, everything will be alright….. No need to be afraid, yes I am angry that you laid a finger on my daughter but there is no need for me to shame you in front of your comrades. “ he said in a disturbingly calm voice. “Real..Really?” Frogface asked in surprise, new hope burning in his eyes. “Of course, we are all brothers here and after all it was not like you were going to actually kill my daughter… I know you too well for that.” he said, again in a disturbingly calm voice. “Yeah exactly, I was simply teaching her a lesson not to meddle when adults are handling their business. Something that I fully expected you to teach.” Frogface said sternly his old self returning. “Yes yes… No, I agree.” He looked at his daughter, “She does still have a lot to learn…. But in the future I would like to be the one who deals with my daughters discipline.” he said quietly. He was speaking quietly I could here something else in his voice…. Something… Dark. Frogface, seeming to have sensed this as well gave an awkward nod and turned away from the maker man and hurried away. But the crowd of thieves wouldn’t make way for him to leave. He pushed against them, “what the….Yonnie move out the way….. guys???” Frogface pushed against them confusion clear in his face. But that confusion in his face slowly turned to horror as he realized what was happening to him. It all happened so fast all I saw was a glint of metal, a thud and a muffle grunt. Frogface fell next to me with a heavy thud a red smile on his neck, blood gushing from the wound. He looked at me pleadingly as his life escaped through his throat. Till the light was finally extinguished from his eyes. I looked up at the masked man calm replacing my fear, I noticed the shining knife in his hand, blood dripping off the tip. I noticed familiar green emblem on that knife. No doubt this man who just killed Frogface, was the man who killed my father 11 years ago. I laughed quietly, fate can be so weird sometimes… But I knew my purpose now. I no longer even cared about why I was captured prisoner. All I cared about was 1 thing.
    I would kill this masked man and avenge my father.

To be continued.....
    11.jpg
    Drood Shaman @ WWW 2
  • Luna Tik (US1)Luna Tik (US1) Posts: 43
    edited 09.06.2015
    ...bro-hugged..? would anyone care to explain the mechanics of this complex sounding embrace more commonly known as the "bro-hug"..? ;P
    Great job on chapter two :D
    If it's possible, could you work on paragraph formatting a bit, or does this forum prevent paragraph format..? Because it's a bit confusing to be read such a huge block of totally amazing unformatted story-text... ^.^''
    Bravo, Kane. Another great chapter. When your third one comes out... Expect another comment from me ;P
    s3Ml5wB.jpg It looks like a water tank... :D

Luna Tik, the Insane @ usa 1
  • kennycoolkennycool Posts: 30
    edited 16.06.2015
    Dude, this is really something!. You would make a good writer. I really love this. release part 3 soon. So great.:D
    kennycool @ usa 1
  • funnybunny0486funnybunny0486 Posts: 31
    edited 16.06.2015
    .... i don't even know what to say except that you are a talented writer and you should get this published. Love the "to be continued", it really makes you want to read the next part, not that the tension before the to be continued isn't enough.
    funnybunny0486 @ usa 1
  • electronianelectronian Posts: 59
    edited 22.07.2015
    you should write on the knight adventure story line.
    ~electronian~
    ~leader of noble empire~
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9gBTmY87POb7ulnsxT6uDIAPS23ihIxOYlXLjqTx3zKVccqdCZA
  • electronianelectronian Posts: 59
    edited 22.07.2015
    is the antagonist the shadow mercenary leader, or a figment of your imagination?
    ~electronian~
    ~leader of noble empire~
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9gBTmY87POb7ulnsxT6uDIAPS23ihIxOYlXLjqTx3zKVccqdCZA
Sign In to comment.