Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The Curious Case of Lexx7

007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
edited 31.08.2015 in Players ask Players
According to my sources, Lexx7 was hacked overnight a while back, woke up with no RVs, only 1 OP left with a hit coming in from alliance REBELSUNITED, and is now, according to his personal statement, retiring. I want this case investigated. I don't want this happening to anyone else. Especially someone else I know.

Lexx's original post (emphasis added):
Lexx7 wrote: »
well fellow forum members, it is time for me to go the way of all the greats. and by that i mean i am a super amazing guy but i must leave the forums and the game.

been going through some issues in real life,got my account hacked the other day even though nobody has my password but me but according to GGS its impossible,happened during night time,woke up all rvs gone,two outposts were being surrendered and it was too late to cancel it,and my las outpost was being captured by rebelsunited all while i was in the cold,after explaining my situation the leader anit24 continued to call it a fair capture,so end story im quitting on top of real life business

i have had a great time gettign to know many of you, and will miss most of you. ok, some of you. 2 of you. ok, you all just suk.

for real though, i had a great time here. i made my share of mistakes (pause to look at curlbrah, he knows what im talking bout), my share of arogant times, ignorant times, sexy times, and mostly just being a great guy (i hope)

thanks to all of you. thanks erik and manatee (even if erik is still RIP in the game) for being such calm and fun guys, specially when everyone else has their lil minds exploding over small things

thanks raymond, jeeth, graycat, rajan, millwall, sandravlc, ben32113, theRealSporer, grace, samasensei, erik, manatee, organic, andrew, hanzolo, tree, tanner, jolly jack, astraa, mr.assassin, tempus, jeffery, elliotell, curlbrah, zombie, redneck, and everyone else

and especially my big daddy keenan

those who i mentioned i consider to be those who influenced me the most, even if they are RIP in game, or i didnt know some as well as others. you all were the ones who were (IMO) the funniest, best, or great teachers. i learned sometimes to sit down and shut up, i learned how to be a semi good essay writer, i learned about fight team being the spud champs, and i learned so much more. please note that some of the lessons such as sit down and shut up were not as well absorbed as others were :)

there are probably many more who i have left out, and for that i apologize. these are the ones that came to me off the top of my head, and i didnt want to search through the forums for every name i recognized

for all you still playing good, luck. i am still rooting for KON, and im rooting for FT to still be potatos (sorry guys, got to have a last bit of fun)

thank you all again for either tolerating me or enjoying me. whichever it was.

i wish i could stay, but RL issues are forcing me to re-prioritze.

my last wish is for everyone to calm down on the forums. like i said in a previous thread, it looks a lot more hateful and less fun then it has been for a while. cmon guys, bring it back. dont throw blame around. just do it.
Post edited by 007Ben2 on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
007Ben2 wrote: »
Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.

Comments

• Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,647
    edited 18.08.2015
    I agree, this should be looked into, I never keyshare, even if i get burned bc of it, when i am sleeping lol.

Yet, i was hacked several weeks ago, luckily all the hacker did was send crude pms with explicit language to people around the server, which was reversible as i don't really ever use such language in pms, so they knew it wasn't me lol.

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• Highness Ho (GB1)Highness Ho (GB1) Posts: 2,763
    edited 18.08.2015
    Ouch! Not fair what happened to him, GGE especially seem very unfair and don't seem to care. Lexx's posts were like essays and always helpful. Hate to see another great guy go :P

On the other hand, it's good for you, you're probably tired of GGE not listening, but the game is too addictive and it's hard to leave. Better for you to focus on real life, whatever you're doing College School or work. GGE is just a burden to those things.

GL
    King Highness Ho @ en 1
    I AM A DUDE
    I don't buy rubies

Want a certain castle to go up in flames??? Visit My Bounty Hunting Thread!

Forum member of the month March 2015 WOOOHOOO!!!! Thanks all!!!

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle" (rubies) ~Sun Tzu

I am Catman! The New SuperHero!!!

Member of the Cat family, including Graycat,Elliotell
  • Rajan37 (IN1)Rajan37 (IN1) Posts: 5,838
    edited 19.08.2015
    I feel sorry for him.
    GGS,make sure that this doesn't happen again.
    "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong"
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati
    Part Of UAL
    @ Indian server
  • Akhil50 (IN1)Akhil50 (IN1) Posts: 4,347
    edited 19.08.2015
    On the other hand, it's good for you, you're probably tired of GGE not listening, but the game is too addictive and it's hard to leave. Better for you to focus on real life, whatever you're doing College School or work. GGE is just a burden to those things.

GL

I feel that every time I play the game...

What happened to Lexx is pure bad luck, his posts were indeed helpful and he was a good guy
    Still a Potter-head.  And a starboii

Might Points - Everything you need to know about them is the 2nd most viewed thread in the section with over 40k views, go take a look for some mighty info :)

[email protected]
    edited 19.08.2015
    Akhil50 wrote: »
    I feel that every time I play the game...

What happened to Lexx is pure bad luck, his posts were indeed helpful and he was a good guy
    Yeah, unfortunate.:(
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati
    Part Of UAL
    @ Indian server
  • Elliotell3332Elliotell3332 Posts: 806
    edited 19.08.2015
    No! Lexx can't quit!

REBELSUNITED is right next to me... Like RIGHT next to me...
    @USA 1
    Member of Achilles Blade
    *currently sobbing cause I miss lexx already...*
    Do not click this thing that I stole from my brother.
    "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."
    Tips concerning Bullying
    tie.png
    I...Tied..? Wha-? How did that last kill go?
    Programmer fluent in: C, C++, Java, Javascript, J-Query, HTML, CSS, PHP, Ruby, Python, and more.
    edited 19.08.2015
    REBELSUNITED is right next to me... Like RIGHT next to me...
    Who's that?
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati
    Part Of UAL
    @ Indian server
  • 007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
    edited 19.08.2015
    Rajan37 wrote: »
    Who's that?

PM'd you, Raj.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.
  • edited 19.08.2015
    Not to be that guy, but Lexx has admitted to keysharing in the past, which is shown this screenshot below.

c573387fc189ea47590a41960a6b4c48.png
    nothanksjeffery @ usa 1

*Potato Crew*
    *Misc GGE Crew*
    *Skip Classes for GGE Crew*
    *Set alarm to wake up in the middle of the night for GGE crew*
    *Crew of all crews crew*
    *Girls sign off when I message them Crew*
    *paint my own nails to fap so it looks like girl is giving me handjob crew*
    *Get called bro but they never mean bro Crew*
    *Order a pizza, too scared to answer the door Crew*
    *foreveralone.jpg Crew*
    *not gonna make it crew*
    *hold my own hand to see what it feels like crew*
  • Barnacleez (US1)Barnacleez (US1) Posts: 2,833
    edited 19.08.2015
    Strange that he would enter the Forumer of the month contest and win....
    Barnacleez the Avenger @ Kindle Fire 4.5.5
    [email protected] usa 1
    Contact Support here.
    Comedy is my partial life. Nerdiness is the other 99.99% of it.
    If this is a game where the player gender doesn't exist, then why does 'King' and 'Baronet' exist?
    Don't click here.
    Level: 34 Honor: 1,234
    Neutral in the server war, currently supporting TORCHERERS

edited 19.08.2015
    Not to be that guy, but Lexx has admitted to keysharing in the past, which is shown this screenshot below.

Illegal, yes. Not trying to defend that. But it says right there they change passwords after sharing.

Another thing: it that was only with his allies. They would have no motive for doing this to him. You could say it was a dusgruntled ally who was kicked, but then why not hack the leader?

PS. Where did you pull that quote from? Sounds interesting and could possibly provide a lead on whoever dropped lexx's OPs and RVs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited 20.08.2015
    Bump for important public service announcement.
    PS. Where did you pull that quote from? Sounds interesting and could possibly provide a lead on whoever dropped lexx's OPs and RVs.

After running a few advanced searches, found what I needed.
    ostrinox wrote: »
    As a longtime member Free Kingdoms, I would like to provide perspective on the sabotage that occurred with our alliance today.

I fully admit that we can't say with 100% accuracy who sabotaged us. I can, however, tell you about the events surrounding the sabotage, and let you make your own judgements.

Last night:

Attachment not found.

We had just finished capturing a valuable OP that D8 worked to stop but were unsuccessful. This brought some heated PM’s from a few members of D8. Fast forward to later that night, and we are massed by DT, D8, MISC and FT. We manage to do well in the mass, killing more far more than we lost.

This morning: These events all occurred between 11:25 and 11:40 am.

One of our senior leaders lost control of her account at 11:20 this morning. Between that time and 11:40am, the person who took control proceeded to kick every player from the alliance, spend alliance rubies and resources on temporary boosts, request peace from 60 alliances we were at war with, and finally declare war on KoN.

Of the 60 alliances we were at war with, ONLY 3 accepted the peace requests, and ONLY 2 were granted tributes. These alliances were MISC, MISC United.

Attachment not found.

We have some active forum users in our alliance, and some had noticed that MISC was already talking about what had happened. Literally, it took a few minutes for MISC to post a picture on the forum with “RIP FK”.

Remember, this all occurred within the 15 minute window.

Despite everything, we still managed to keep our KT and alliance in tact (big thanks to Caslo, Its Organic and KoN 2). Free Kingdoms is already back up to 50 members, and will soon be back at capacity.

I want to reiterate that we can't prove MISC and D8 involvement with 100% accuracy. We can, however, certainly draw ideas from the events surrounding the sabotage. You be the judge.

Click the blue >> next to the name to follow to original post. Strikingly similar circumstances. Leader was hacked and all members thrown out. The plot thickens. . . . Just like Lexx, was ally of KoN. But, it's a very long thread, so I will continue to read up on it before throwing accusations.

EDIT: Looks like from Lexx's use of pronouns, he was in Free Kingdoms when his leader was hacked and booted all but one member and gave generous tributes to various alliances. This was all during convenieltly well-timed MISC mass followed up by a conveniently ill-timed "RIP FK" thread just minutes later.

On the subject of password sharing. Lexx may or may not have done this. In
    posts below this conveniently well-picked propaganda pic. . .

. . .Lexx admitted to joking about password sharing. Then admitted to actually doing it. Then claimed "not all alliances do it." Then claimed to have guts and integrity for admitting it. Then threw mud on Misc's side for appearing to pw share. Then said he allowed his family who doesn't play to have access.

Basically, I don't know if Lexx pw shared or not. But I do know that on post 4 of the thread this post came from was a link to ANOTHER hack thread where alliance BloodyBlades's leader was hacked. At the time of the hack, BB was a feeder alliance for Splat Squad. Many members were apparently contacted by out-of game methods (reading between the lines here, hence the word apparently) and joined Splat.

Password sharing was mentioned in all 3 cases, DD, FK, and Lexx.
    Mud was thrown at Misc in the first 2 of those.
    Lexx was in a Kon sub at the time, at war with Misc.

It might be. . . but it might not be. . . I need some time to think. . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited 20.08.2015
    PM'd you, Raj.
    Yeah.
    Saw that.
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati
    Part Of UAL
    @ Indian server
  • Neamhain (US1)Neamhain (US1) Posts: 3,504
    edited 20.08.2015
    GGS hasn't exactly taken very good steps towards protecting users from brute force attacks.
    Ipvwn0w.png

Neamhain = "NYAV-in"
    Troops get hungry, and without food they'll desert (this could be a great pun).
    With that punny sense of humor, I am starting to believe my mother hacked Steve's account.
  • Seeno (GB1)Seeno (GB1) Posts: 67
    edited 21.08.2015
    Neamhain wrote: »
    GGS hasn't exactly taken very good steps towards protecting users from brute force attacks.
    That much is obvious. What about they notify your email adress when your password is failed x number of times? Or change your password to something random when this happens, emaling you about it and then allow you to change your password agan?
  • Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 31.08.2015
    all i can say, in GGS's own words, the game cant be hacked. never mind the time the forum attack happened and was down for a couple weeks, and GGE said something about it was possible some player data was taken and they notified the players who had it happen... but the game is 100% secure guys :p

never mind segel, we_ner, or how many others say they have been hacked, THIS GAME IS FREAKIN SECURE LIKE A COOKIE IN A FAT MANS HAND!!!

~so thanks GGE~
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • :#:o a cookie in a fat mans hand is not safe at all so run for your life
    :#:o a cookie in a fat mans hand is not safe at all so run for your life
    Good bump.
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati