Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

When will GGE ever do anything with the community in mind?

DeQuandre (US1)DeQuandre (US1) Posts: 330
edited 24.07.2015 in Players ask Players
98% of your updates are geared towards $$$
You have "discussion" threads that you mindlessly reply to and don't care to do anything about.
And you're all scum. You ban people for one little rule, you allow others to repeatedly break rules. This whole game is broken. Only reason I'm around is to waste the armorer tools of the morons who dump thousands onto a game not even worth $20 and to continue getting revenge.

Fairly simple question.

Also when will you guys add more castle moat levels to make the very early levels "cheaper" with a smaller bonus? How about strongholds? Another bakery update perhaps? I'd sure love one. How about more buildings with several levels yet all look the same no matter what level they are? How about an increase in rubies for armorer tools? Better yet, why not make the Wheel of Fortune (which by the way is a trademarked name that you have taken for yourselves) a wheel that can be spun with rubies? say 20-50 rubies per spin? Or would that not generate as much money?

Hire me. If you guys wanna dump crap, I'll show you crap.
Post edited by DeQuandre (US1) on
DeQuandre @ usa 1

Comments

• Kali.gamerKali.gamer Posts: 143
    edited 22.07.2015
    Nope, they dont care at all.
    They are corrupt
    I was hacked. I was blamed. By friends. By people i knew for a long time. 5 were hacked. 5 are gone. 5 will not remain. 15 ruby outposts gone forever. 25 castles POless. I was a victim, and yet people are able to blame a victim? The world we live in is corrupt. To those reading this of whom may of been affected. Think. If i were the hacker, why would i hurt my friends? Why would I Hurt Myself......

Kali.Gamer
    Gok
    Sadequain
    Nester04
    Lord Besi
  • edited 22.07.2015
    nooooo dont give them any ideas :P
  • 007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
    edited 22.07.2015
    Nope............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    007Ben2 wrote: »
    Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.
  • Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,647
    edited 23.07.2015
    Probably not, not unless they get some srs lawsuits ;)

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 23.07.2015
    revenge must be difficult when your castles are more lit up then new york on new years eve
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • swag like ohio3swag like ohio3 Posts: 1,853
    edited 23.07.2015
    Watch what you say on the forums. People get banned for spouting truths everyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Destiny Awaits...
  • Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 23.07.2015
    2+2=4

come at me GGE mods
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • Barnacleez (US1)Barnacleez (US1) Posts: 2,833
    edited 23.07.2015
    Look, GGS is actually rather busy.
    They have to manage games, fix coding issues, and other things.
    If you're not grateful for them generously making this game, then simply quit.
    Barnacleez the Avenger @ Kindle Fire 4.5.5
    [email protected] usa 1
    Contact Support here.
    Comedy is my partial life. Nerdiness is the other 99.99% of it.
    If this is a game where the player gender doesn't exist, then why does 'King' and 'Baronet' exist?
    Don't click here.
    Level: 34 Honor: 1,234
    Neutral in the server war, currently supporting TORCHERERS

• 007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
    edited 23.07.2015
    Barnacleez wrote: »
    Look, GGS is actually rather busy.
    They have to manage games, fix coding issues, and other things.
    If you're not grateful for them generously making this game, then simply quit.

Well they might manage, code, and fix this game's more universally useful features a bit better to be honest. Have you seen the last few updates? Look for yourself. Last two cater to ruby whales and gamblers who like rigged games respectively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    007Ben2 wrote: »
    Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.
    edited 23.07.2015
    Lexx7 wrote: »
    2+2=22

come at me GGE mods

I see what you did there...

I see what I did there:p

• bobjoerock (US1)bobjoerock (US1) Posts: 549
    edited 23.07.2015
    well they claim there have 12000 emloylees so there need to paid them
    so there need to earn 12000*50000= 600,000,000 dollar per year
    bobjoerock @ usa 1
  • fujiwara (GB1)fujiwara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 647
    edited 23.07.2015
    Honestly, I really don't get the complaints still carrying on like this. We've got the foreign invasion attacks toned down to one per person so they're free glory fests. And then they add level 7 gems for alliance members, and 75k rubies for the alliances kitty, all achievable without any players spending a penny. Oh, did I mention the new FI commander is finally one that can compete half-reasonably with the whale comms?

I currently have just maxed out on 10 min skips, 30 min skips, most of the way there on 1 hr skips, and both 5 hr and 24 hr skips looking very very healthy (to the point where I'm expecting 5-6 researcher bits of research done in 90 mins next time he's here ... something that used to be ruby whales only territory). It seems we're also going to be picking up nearly 100k alliance rubies from the nomads too.

I know plenty of people that play this game for free, literally without spending a penny. I know whales that happily throw literally thousands a month into the game. Those second group of people fund the game for the first group. Without them, the first group wouldn't have a game to play.

I've seen people with decos in their castle from winning free forum comps (with high PO no less).

Updates like this latest one keep the game interesting for the second group, which in turn keeps the rest of us entertained with a game - if you're enjoying Empire, it's updates like these that mean it'll be here tomorrow. If you're not enjoying Empire, why are you here? Go to do something else with your spare time :P

I know, haters gonna hate, and I'll look forward to my share after this, but I'm unlikely to respond to anything unconstructive because I'd rather be hitting nomad camps, but seriously, I don't have any idea why everyone expects every update to personally benefit them without spending rubies, the game isn't a public service charity.
    fujiwara @ en 1

Author of the Empire alliance management studio web app - contact me if you want to try it out

invpng
    edited 23.07.2015
    fujiwara wrote: »
    Honestly, I really don't get the complaints still carrying on like this. We've got the foreign invasion attacks toned down to one per person so they're free glory fests. And then they add level 7 gems for alliance members, and 75k rubies for the alliances kitty, all achievable without any players spending a penny. Oh, did I mention the new FI commander is finally one that can compete half-reasonably with the whale comms?

I currently have just maxed out on 10 min skips, 30 min skips, most of the way there on 1 hr skips, and both 5 hr and 24 hr skips looking very very healthy (to the point where I'm expecting 5-6 researcher bits of research done in 90 mins next time he's here ... something that used to be ruby whales only territory). It seems we're also going to be picking up nearly 100k alliance rubies from the nomads too.

I know plenty of people that play this game for free, literally without spending a penny. I know whales that happily throw literally thousands a month into the game. Those second group of people fund the game for the first group. Without them, the first group wouldn't have a game to play.

I've seen people with decos in their castle from winning free forum comps (with high PO no less).

Updates like this latest one keep the game interesting for the second group, which in turn keeps the rest of us entertained with a game - if you're enjoying Empire, it's updates like these that mean it'll be here tomorrow. If you're not enjoying Empire, why are you here? Go to do something else with your spare time :P

I know, haters gonna hate, and I'll look forward to my share after this, but I'm unlikely to respond to anything unconstructive because I'd rather be hitting nomad camps, but seriously, I don't have any idea why everyone expects every update to personally benefit them without spending rubies, the game isn't a public service charity.

So you applaud GGS approach of having their entire business model based on the .01%?

That ratio should probably be the inverse of what it is.

I will admit once in a while, they do do some nice things, but many other things they do are bogus.

The legend lvls are pretty much whale only territory, i would actually advise non spenders and those who aren't online 24/7 to stay below lvl 70 for as long as possible as the hall of greed bonus' don't affect you.

If you gotta make something like the aqua islands in outer kingdoms in order to get the kingdom rss, so be it, but SOMETHING needs to be done, and get rid of that stupidly malevolent taxes.

• fujiwara (GB1)fujiwara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 647
    edited 24.07.2015
    So you applaud GGS approach of having their entire business model based on the .01%?

That ratio should probably be the inverse of what it is.

Whether it's World of Tanks or any other number of Freemium games, it's the whales that fund the game development and on-going running more than the low spenders. I don't applaud it, but I do recognise it as just the way things are. As long as I get to play without having to spend, I just find it hard to complain much.

DeQuandre wrote: »
    This game isn't "funded" by ruby buyers.

Of course it is. Their only source of income is ruby purchases.
    You do realize more events are being reworked to be more for the largest alliances and ruby players, right?

No, not really. The nomads is a good example, there are rewards out there that the big alliances get the best of (time skips particularly), and rewards that the smaller alliances get most from (rubies and coins, which are next to useless for the fully upgraded big alliances). Ruby players can get more rewards, sure, but that doesn't bother me particularly, I'm finding all the events give plenty of individual rewards without spending any money at all.
    "This game isn't a public service charity" - Then why isn't it a pay to play game?

Pay to play is one model, Free to play + microtransactions is another. In both instances, staff need to be paid, servers need to be run, and it all costs money. One way or another they need to get the cash from it, or they'd never bother developing it in the first place. A business designed to lose money is a short lived business.

And sure, they'll pick the most profitable model, as that just makes good business sense. The fact that the overall player base is still going up still indicates that they can't be doing it all wrong.

I've been level 70 now for over 2 years, and I don't feel suddenly gutted and undermined by these updates to be no longer competitive with everyone, as the majority of people out there are in the same boat as me. Sure, the true whales are out in a different league somewhere, but they're such a small minority that it doesn't affect my game in any conceivably negative way.
    fujiwara @ en 1

Author of the Empire alliance management studio web app - contact me if you want to try it out

invpng
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 24.07.2015
    Bearing in mind I am now a low ruby buyer (£5-10 a month):

Look, the fact is, we all still play this game for a reason, whether that is addiction, a nice feeling community in your alliance, just generally liking the game, wanting to be able to teach new players how to play the game properly, or whatever reason you have.

Some aspects of the game, and some decisions GGS make appear to be/are terrible from the consumer's point of view, but others are not so bad. We all know, deep down that we need people to spend money on this game for it to be playable, if people didn't spend lots of money on it, it would simply be a rubbish game for various reasons.

I guess my point is, everything GGS does, has an aspect of it that works for both types of player, even if it is just to bring more funds in to make it a better game:

WotR: Completely free glory, very easy to beat, and brilliant for building up your HoL if you play it correctly. It is actually pretty easy to get in the top 100 still, if you work hard on the event then you can get in the top 100 without spending many rubies, low enough for you to loot dragons and Desert Fortresses to cover the cost. and don't forget the rewards, both alliance and personal, they are pretty brilliant.

Nomads: Rewards, Rewards, Rewards! This is still an awesome event, granted, maybe not as good as it used to be for equipment and tools, but it is still brilliant for coins, and the alliance rewards are awesome once again, a free level 8 gem for crying out loud!

Beri: This one is completely optional, I went in I think 3 times ago, and I actually came 1st, granted I did spend 50k rubies on it, but considering the rewards again, it was totally worth it, and normally people sill spend in excess of 250k rubies to come 1st, all you need is teamwork and effort.

Wheel of Fortune: Yes, it is a scam, and most of the time if not getting the jackpot and a decent reward from it, you get ripped off, but, then again, that doesn't matter to the non-ruby buyers, as we don't need to buy tickets. one Free spin, a little reward every few days, I got 165 loot sacks today, I'm not gonna say no to that.

Super Comms/Casts: This is a tricky one to justify, but, it helps fund the game, and it provides an extra challenge when defending :D personally, I like incomings more if they are a super comm, as it provides another aspect to deal with :D

Tools: There are a lot of premium tools that Ruby buyers can access easily by just spending a little more cash, but these can also be accessed by non ruby buyers when you loot enough, especially fortresses. Personally, I don't see this one as a problem, even if you can't afford the armourer, just buy other tools from your workshops.

There are lots of other things I could have mentioned, and if anyone would like me to attempt to shed some light on how it benefits both sides, feel free to PM me or I might see a post below.

I am not a great supporter of GGS, in fact, I think I am simply addicted both to this game, and helping people to be the best they can be in this game, and that is the only reason I still play. This game can still be played with very little/no cash input, granted it is harder, but it is still absolutely possible.

I don't like GGS, peace out, essay over :p
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 24.07.2015
    Key points from above post:
    • Foreign invaders are the key to non ruby buyers upgrading their halls.
    • Nomads provide great rewards, especially as an alliance, go for it, get all those rewards!
    • Loot Desert fortresses and Dragons, they actually provide decent rubies, if you hit 4 dragons a day for a year, that's 525k FREE rubies.
    • I missed it out above, but Storm is awesome for certain equipment pieces, so is blade when it comes along.
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Besiged King (US1)Besiged King (US1) Posts: 386
    edited 24.07.2015
    Goodgame empire is where all their income is coming from. They have mad other games that they don't update anymore. So they're going to take as much mo ey as they can in updates.
    fns3r7.jpg
    *Facepalm*
    Besiged King @ usa 1 NephMercenaries

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file