Home English (UK) Off Topic

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Should Guns Be Made Illegal? (United States Debate).

Comments

• Highness Ho (GB1)Highness Ho (GB1) Posts: 2,763
    edited 20.07.2015
    So? A knife can still kill a human
    Not 9 one after the other. Or a theatre full of people
    King Highness Ho @ en 1
    I AM A DUDE
    I don't buy rubies

Want a certain castle to go up in flames??? Visit My Bounty Hunting Thread!

Forum member of the month March 2015 WOOOHOOO!!!! Thanks all!!!

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle" (rubies) ~Sun Tzu

I am Catman! The New SuperHero!!!

Member of the Cat family, including Graycat,Elliotell
  • Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,647
    edited 20.07.2015
    Not 9 one after the other. Or a theatre full of people

Wrong, there was atleast 2 women in China who killed 33 people and injured about 143 with only knives.

Ayn3H16.png

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570996/At-27-dead-109-injured-gang-knife-wielding-men-attack-train-station-China.html

It isn't guns that are the problem, it is people who cause problems with them, take guns, knives, and cars away and wrap everyone in bubble wrap and you will still have people killing other people for various reasons.

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• Lordhunter (US1)Lordhunter (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 20.07.2015
    I had friend who used to be a cop he was trained if they came upon a person with a knife to tell him to put it down if he didnt shoot him if a person is with in 15 feet with a knife 9 out of ten times the cop got stabbed and the guy with the knife was unharmed so what is a deadlier weapon
    Lordhunter @ usa 1
    edited 20.07.2015
    I had friend who used to be a cop he was trained if they came upon a person with a knife to tell him to put it down if he didnt shoot him if a person is with in 15 feet with a knife 9 out of ten times the cop got stabbed and the guy with the knife was unharmed so what is a deadlier weapon

^This

For the average person, if you are within 15-20 feet of someone, if one has a gun and the other has a knife, the person with the knife can close the distance between him/her and the person with the gun in under 1-2 seconds.

If you already have it out, you have a slightly better chance of not getting stabbed, but under the heat of the moment you could very well miss and get stabbed still.

That doesn't include if someone is faster or trained somehow to do that more effectively, or knows how to throw knives accurately.

//Thread

• Optimuz PrimeOptimuz Prime Posts: 325
    edited 20.07.2015
    Id rather go against a pistol rather than a knife cause with the knife, you will die quick but with a gun, you have a couple seconds to shoot back so at least its a LOSE-LOSE situation.
    Optimuz Prime @ YouGuessServer
  • edited 20.07.2015
    Some facts:

1. 100 percent of all mass shootings took place in gun free zones.
    2. Australia banned guns, their rate of rape and violent crime went up promptly 260 percent.
    3. Gun deaths in Australia went down after the gun ban....but they did so by an almost equal measure in America.
    4. Murder rates are much higher in countries with gun bans. http://crimepreventionresearchcenter.org/2013/12/murder-and-homicide-rates-before-and-after-gun-bans/
    5. Switzerland was not invaded by Germany during WWII due to the universal ownership of guns. It was deemed too difficult to hold.
    6. You cannot measure the benefit of gun ownership in terms of tyrants kept in check, lives saved, etc as no one knows what would have happened. You can only measure the people killed by them, a fact often exploited by the anti-gun crowd. In fact, the United states has enjoyed more peace than any European nation outside of Switzerland likely due to our gun ownership.
    7. Nearly every dictator in the 20th century was able to control the people because they were unarmed. In other words, it's better to have the occasional mass shooting that kills 20 people than to let a dictator come to power over an unarmed populace and kill millions. (Germany, Ukraine peasants under Stalin, The Armenian massacre, Pol Pot, Kosovo, etc etc etc.

Gun ownership does result in mass shootings and death and accidents. But taken over the 330 million people who live in the USA it's incredible how safe they are. But taking away the guns has been proven over and over again to have more serious consequences than keepign them. They aren't just for personal protection. They are to protect citizens from it's government. This isn't just a weird anti-government theory, it is written right into the 2nd amendment.

Anyone who is against guns is bad at math and is motivated by something other than facts. Guns save waaay more lives than they take. The media hypes up mass shootings cause the media has an agenda. Just looking at the facts (I have never seen a statistic or study that contradicts this) guns save lives.
    danielbannister @ usa 1
  • 007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
    edited 20.07.2015
    *facepalm* Let's take guns away so criminal acts don't happen!

Criminals are CRIMINALS!!! They break laws!! "I'm gonna rob a bank! Oh i can't bring a gun cuz guns are illegal? Well darn, that plan's scrapped. I dont want to do something illegal while doing something illegal." Yeah, right! With knowledge that they will likely be the only one in possession of a firearm, they are not intimidated, they are EMPOWERED!!

Ever hear of the Columbine shooting? Of course. Ever hear of the Texas college shooting? Not so much. I can't even remember the name of the school, I hear so little about it. Guns were being carried by multiple students. They pinned down the shooter, neutralizing his ability to return fire until police arrived and stormed his location.

Oh, you don't like guns? Why do you call somebody who openly carries a gun if you have an emergency? (police)

Country with the lowest crime rate: Switzerland. Perhaps by coincidence (yeah, right) carrying a firearm is MANDATORY.

That's only half my rants, but im tired and need to get to bed lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    007Ben2 wrote: »
    Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.
    edited 20.07.2015

Criminals are CRIMINALS!!! They break laws!! "I'm gonna rob a bank! Oh i can't bring a gun cuz guns are illegal? Well darn, that plan's scrapped. I dont want to do something illegal while doing something illegal." Yeah, right! With knowledge that they will likely be the only one in possession of a firearm, they are not intimidated, they are EMPOWERED!!

Ever hear of the Columbine shooting? Of course. Ever hear of the Texas college shooting? Not so much. I can't even remember the name of the school, I hear so little about it. Guns were being carried by multiple students. They pinned down the shooter, neutralizing his ability to return fire until police arrived and stormed his location.

Oh, you don't like guns? Why do you call somebody who openly carries a gun if you have an emergency? (police)

Country with the lowest crime rate: Switzerland. Perhaps by coincidence (yeah, right) carrying a firearm is MANDATORY.

Some facts:

1. 100 percent of all mass shootings took place in gun free zones.
    2. Australia banned guns, their rate of rape and violent crime went up promptly 260 percent.
    3. Gun deaths in Australia went down after the gun ban....but they did so by an almost equal measure in America.
    4. Murder rates are much higher in countries with gun bans. http://crimepreventionresearchcenter.org/2013/12/murder-and-homicide-rates-before-and-after-gun-bans/
    5. Switzerland was not invaded by Germany during WWII due to the universal ownership of guns. It was deemed too difficult to hold.
    6. You cannot measure the benefit of gun ownership in terms of tyrants kept in check, lives saved, etc as no one knows what would have happened. You can only measure the people killed by them, a fact often exploited by the anti-gun crowd. In fact, the United states has enjoyed more peace than any European nation outside of Switzerland likely due to our gun ownership.
    7. Nearly every dictator in the 20th century was able to control the people because they were unarmed. In other words, it's better to have the occasional mass shooting that kills 20 people than to let a dictator come to power over an unarmed populace and kill millions. (Germany, Ukraine peasants under Stalin, The Armenian massacre, Pol Pot, Kosovo, etc etc etc.

Gun ownership does result in mass shootings and death and accidents. But taken over the 330 million people who live in the USA it's incredible how safe they are. But taking away the guns has been proven over and over again to have more serious consequences than keepign them. They aren't just for personal protection. They are to protect citizens from it's government. This isn't just a weird anti-government theory, it is written right into the 2nd amendment.

Anyone who is against guns is bad at math and is motivated by something other than facts. Guns save waaay more lives than they take. The media hypes up mass shootings cause the media has an agenda. Just looking at the facts (I have never seen a statistic or study that contradicts this) guns save lives.

^ALL of this

• jollyjack82jollyjack82 Posts: 6,105
    edited 20.07.2015
    deleted :C

quote didn't work and post looked a bit dumb
    jollyjack8 @ en1 - Recruiter of New Vision
    mayO1xP.png
    King jollyjack8, level 48 (I haven't done quests since level 19 unless it was a good one)
  • edited 20.07.2015
    It's really funny how some of you waste your time typing for this long
    edited 20.07.2015
    Wrong, there was atleast 2 women in China who killed 33 people and injured about 143 with only knives.

Ayn3H16.png

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570996/At-27-dead-109-injured-gang-knife-wielding-men-attack-train-station-China.html

It isn't guns that are the problem, it is people who cause problems with them, take guns, knives, and cars away and wrap everyone in bubble wrap and you will still have people killing other people for various reasons.
    Not 2 women. "At least ten" attacking together. That amount with guns would have done more damage I presume?
    King Highness Ho @ en 1
    I AM A DUDE
    I don't buy rubies

edited 20.07.2015
    Not 2 women. "At least ten" attacking together. That amount with guns would have done more damage I presume?

That amount would have done even more damage with suicide bombs than with guns and knives combined. Your point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.
  • swag like ohio3swag like ohio3 Posts: 1,853
    edited 20.07.2015
    In my opinion, I think guns should not be made illegal. If made illegal, I feel anyone who wanted to get their hands on a gun could easily, illegally, of course, and then the law-abiding citizens that would not have a gun would be left defenseless. I also don't think that the police force should be given everything they are given. I love the police and do think they don't deserve all this recent hatred, but some forces have been given full body armor and tanks. Going off of what many people usually respond to my views on this topic, most who do not agree probably think the government could obtain every illegal gun and criminal that would be selling them. But if that was the case, why do we have large outbreaks of different illegal drugs around the U.S.A.?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Destiny Awaits...
    edited 20.07.2015
    That amount would have done even more damage with suicide bombs than with guns and knives combined. Your point?
    Your point?
    It's just knives<guns<bombs<planes<nukes
    King Highness Ho @ en 1
    I AM A DUDE
    I don't buy rubies

• swag like ohio3swag like ohio3 Posts: 1,853
    edited 20.07.2015
    ben3211232 wrote: »
    This is ridiculous.

http://www.debate.org/

Go on there.

*crawls from the dark dungeon of debate.org*

I will never step foot in that place again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Destiny Awaits...
  • ParaREXXParaREXX Posts: 599
    edited 20.07.2015
    Graycat3 wrote: »
    bad, very bad idea to make this thread... 8|

but it's fun and entertaining :P jk but i agree with Graycat
    @GGS

i provided you with all proof nesseary, yet you still claimed you are "investegating"

it speaks volumes to me about how you guys work.
  • -gimley (US1)-gimley (US1) Posts: 145
    edited 21.07.2015
    Lucas1999 wrote: »
    I wonder indeed why you ask it on this forum, but I would like to give my opinion as well. I think guns should be made illegal for normal people in the US, and also in other country's. Weapons should only be used by police and the army, and only in causes of true danger.
    Your wrong. United States citizens are granted permission to own firearms for self defense. It's just a matter of how some use them. If they use them for bad things such as unnecessary murder, they go to jail. So are they gonna make knives illegal too? those are weapons!
    I'M DONE WITH GOODGAME EMPIRE...

When I'm On The Forum, I'm The Part Of a War Or The Start Of War.
    edited 21.07.2015
    jeethBOSS2 wrote: »
    Yes! thats why i always force myself to wake up every 2-3 hours when i sleep. just to make sure theres not a gun-man in meh house :p
    Well than your paranoid.

edited 21.07.2015

Most crimes commited in the US are with stolen firearms. What makes you think that they won't steal more when made illegal? American Citizens who abide the law will then be left with no self defense other than their fist's and knives. Oh, and knives are weapons used for a lot more things than you probably think! ACCORDING TO THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION, KNIVES ARE USED CONSISTENTLY TO KILL PEOPLE. FAR MORE THAN RIFLES ARE USED. AND THE NUMBERS AREN'T EVEN CLOSE: FIVE TIMES AS MANY MURDERS WERE COMMITED WITH KNIVES THAN WERE COMMITED WITH GUNS LAST YEAR! (2014)

edited 21.07.2015
    -gimley wrote: »
    Most crimes commited in the US are with stolen firearms. What makes you think that they won't steal more when made illegal? (1) American Citizens who abide the law will then be left with no self defense other than their fist's and knives. (2) Oh, and knives are weapons used for a lot more things than you probably think! (3) ACCORDING TO THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION, KNIVES ARE USED CONSISTENTLY TO KILL PEOPLE. FAR MORE THAN RIFLES ARE USED. (4) AND THE NUMBERS AREN'T EVEN CLOSE: FIVE TIMES AS MANY MURDERS WERE COMMITED WITH KNIVES THAN WERE COMMITED WITH GUNS LAST YEAR! (5) (2014)

(1) Well. Only black markets will sell guns, so stealing will not be from a store. Doing something illegal to somebody doing something illegal. Not saying 2 wrongs make a right, but he had it coming.

(2) Which is why guns should not be banned.

(3) Which is why knives should be banned.

(4) Which is why knives should be banned. Also, all guns or just rifles? Killers use handguns too.

(5) Which is why knives should be banned. So far, you've made an excellent case for banning knives, and a terrible case for banning guns.

But seriously, all knife-banning comments are more for satire than an acutal proposition.

Big thanks to CinemaSins on Youtube for helping me hone my style of picking apart other people's arguments. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file