Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

technicus is a RIP-OFF

vender2vender2 Posts: 1
Hey whats the deal with ripping everyone off when using the technicus, that is a bunch of crap you thieving greedy people at gge, i wasted thousands of coins trying to upgrade equipment , and the dang fail ration is absolutely ridiculous. It might, just might and i do me maybe upgrade every 10th time to use it, that is bull crap man i am getting tired of how greedy gge is and keeps getting more greedy by the day, this game is suppose to be fun well how can people have fun wasting money on crap that rips you off
Post edited by vender2 on
vender @ usa 1

Comments

• Highness Ho (GB1)Highness Ho (GB1) Posts: 2,763
    edited 17.07.2015
    It improves their equipment. You need to loot alot of coins to be able to afford it ;D

Loot towers
    King Highness Ho @ en 1
    I AM A DUDE
    I don't buy rubies

Want a certain castle to go up in flames??? Visit My Bounty Hunting Thread!

Forum member of the month March 2015 WOOOHOOO!!!! Thanks all!!!

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle" (rubies) ~Sun Tzu

I am Catman! The New SuperHero!!!

Member of the Cat family, including Graycat,Elliotell
  • FamousGold (US1)FamousGold (US1) Posts: 337
    edited 17.07.2015
    So spend the rubies to 100% guarantee its upgrade.
    FamousGold @ usa 1
  • JDBisAWESOME (US1)JDBisAWESOME (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    edited 17.07.2015
    Because I loot robber barons and norse towers so often, I usually carry a couple mil coins and can upgrade a legendary piece all the way to +10 and yes it is expensive, and costs about 100K-200K coins for each item to get to +10, but in my opinion it's worth it.

JDBisAWESOME @ usa 1

"In my experience there is no such thing as luck-only highly favorable adjustments of multiple factors to incline events in one's favor."

• Redhawk (US1)Redhawk (US1) Posts: 62
    edited 17.07.2015
    One thing is that people misunderstand probabilities. If it's like 30% or something that's a 3 in 10 chance. So 3 times it would be successful out of 10 times. But the thing is that the events are exclusive. Trying 10 times at the 30% chance does not guarantee an upgrade. Trying 50 times at a 30% chance does not guarantee an upgrade.

That being said, they want you to use rubies to have the chance go up to 100%. BTW, using rubies does not reset the chance to 100%. It is 100% only for that upgrade. So basically you will either spend hundreds of thousands of coins to upgrade an item completely or spend tens of thousands of rubies.

Technicus is basically end-game material for castle lords who have millions of coins with nothing much else to spend the coins on.
    Redhawk @ usa 1

Proud non-ruby buyer
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,257
    edited 17.07.2015
    Well if i want to max a legendary piece i base it on 2 millon coin , i loot 3 million coins a day , it not east and time consuming but that its what it takes me anything below 2 million a bonus
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 17.07.2015
    Redhawk2 wrote: »
    One thing is that people misunderstand probabilities. If it's like 30% or something that's a 3 in 10 chance. So 3 times it would be successful out of 10 times. But the thing is that the events are exclusive. Trying 10 times at the 30% chance does not guarantee an upgrade. Trying 50 times at a 30% chance does not guarantee an upgrade.
    while that is true, it seems weird that you can try and upgrade something over a dozen times and fail each time, and repeat that for a good 12 levels, when each one should be giving you anywhere from a 1 in 3 chance to a 1 in 20 chance
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • JRBRITTAINUSER (US1)JRBRITTAINUSER (US1) US1 Posts: 679
    edited 17.07.2015
    its not alot but it does help

:) JRBRITTAINUSER @ usa 1

• JRBRITTAINUSER (US1)JRBRITTAINUSER (US1) US1 Posts: 679
    edited 17.07.2015
    but it does cost alot

:) JRBRITTAINUSER @ usa 1

• ABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABC Posts: 549
    edited 17.07.2015
    Redhawk2 wrote: »

That being said, they want you to use rubies to have the chance go up to 100%. BTW, using rubies does not reset the chance to 100%. It is 100% only for that upgrade. So basically you will either spend hundreds of thousands of coins to upgrade an item completely or spend tens of thousands of rubies.

Technicus is basically end-game material for castle lords who have millions of coins with nothing much else to spend the coins on.

50 times at 30% would only have a .00000001798% chance of happening. Better chance to be struck by lightning this year. I've never had anything that bad from the tech, but I do often get to a 99%+ that it should've succeeded. Get a 99% chance waaaay more than I should.
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****"

Ab8CKOc.png Bring back the old castles
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 17.07.2015
    Definately worth upgrading decent equipment, Technicus is not a rip off whatsoever
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Some guy5 (GB1)Some guy5 (GB1) Posts: 2,248
    edited 18.07.2015
    It can be ridiculous at times and maybe there should be a max fail thing in place but its definitely worth it.
    Some guy5 ex-scrub of en1
    War marshal at Revolution x (Somehow -.- )
    Consumer of pretzels
    http://i.imgur.com/OAysJdg.png

646c0x

• longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 18.07.2015
    vender2 wrote: »
    i wasted thousands of coins trying to upgrade equipment

You wasted thousands? Your not even in the ballpark.

I've spent millions and millions and millions. Maybe more than 50 million I would guess.

It's an essential part of the game. I love you technicus!

2469xte.jpg
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Gentleman4The Gentleman4 Posts: 91
    edited 18.07.2015
    longshanks wrote: »

It's an essential part of the game. I love you technicus!

2469xte.jpg

I concur with your sentiment.
    The Gentleman @ WWW 1

King at Level 39
    Terrible at Level 46
    Steel-Hearted at Level 52
    Went from Level 40-70 by only attacking towers and players.

Currently strong active looter and non-ruby player.
  • Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 18.07.2015
    it is very important, and it really helps get great commanders and castellans, and it does have good and bad times. i can every so often get a piece up to level 10 techi with just 2-3 fails, but their are times where i spend 200K just to get to level 6. its kind of a luck of the draw thing.

however take out techi... and then super gens lose a lot of power.... hmmm now thats an idea
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file