Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!


ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.


If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Response to Frank from The Un~Forgiven

15

Comments

  • edited 14.06.2015
    heros22 wrote: »
    You clearly did not get the reason why people got offended by your image. It was not simply cause we dislike terrorists, it was you posting an image of a possible live beheading by actual terrorists and likening other gamers to them and to the captives. There is a million ways to trash talk and vent at someone without posting offensive stuff. Just because you may be/have been a soldier doesn't give you carte blanche to post disturbing images in a public forum with all kinds of players. Even soldiers have to abide by laws, look what happened to those abu ghraib troops posting disturbing photos with prisoners.

    Never said I was above the law, but I am not going to sit here and be lectured about turmoil in countries I have fought in by people who have never been there. And your "morals" are exactly why it's so hard to fight a war against extremists, soldiers get prison sentences for making embarrassing photos of combatants, then those same combatants turn around and make a beheading video and their country praises them for it. Get behind the home team asshole, even if they fumble the ball once in a while.
    heros22 wrote: »
    And yes, there are many other offensive stuff in forums, I can't keep track of all. However videos you don't have to click play, but images are not avoidable, once you see them, you've seen em.

    Please show me where I asked you to view the photo? Give me evidence of someone forcing you to do so. If you are scared of ever being remotely offended, the internet is no place for you. Please locate your nearest library, buy a cot, and go live there until your life passes you by.
    heros22 wrote: »
    Your friends, like Abbie have posted about being offended when players talked bad about cancer patient players, or how someone stalked her or something, so clearly you have moral you just chose not to abide by them when posting this image.

    Yeah these were personal attacks on real people, with real facts, with real hate. I made a picture making fun of some folks with a graphical representation that was fictional. Big. Ol. Difference.
    heros22 wrote: »
    As for the oh so overused answer "why not pick up a gun and fight if you're offended" the simple answer is because if everyone was soldiers then we would be a military state, not a democracy or republic. Everyone has skills, talents, and dream of a title they can become: doctor, accountant, teacher, and yes some turn into soldiers. Just because we want to keep a civil forum does not make us oversensitive, it makes us HUMAN. All you want to do, as you just stated is talk about actual hate. None of these player have done anything to you in real life to call them terrorists or post disturbing images about them.

    Military has plenty of doctors, lawyers, scientists, dentists, cooks, etc..... your argument is invalid.
    heros22 wrote: »
    Simply put, you seem filled with hate about something, and a select others seem to validate these things, but the majority of us family folk like to keep things civil or at least not involve real like matters into a GAME.

    You're right, I hate you, I hate people like you, and people who look like you. Simply, because I can. Deal with it.
  • TannerM. (US1)TannerM. (US1) US1 Posts: 2,695
    edited 14.06.2015
    Good lord people, aren't we supposed to be adults here? You guys should grow up, on both sides of the argument.

    On one hand, half of you are getting upset and offended over a simple picture implying that people were going to be killed. Nobody knows the two guys, we can't even confirm if it's real but you say it's the principle of the matter. There are a million other things that are made fun of, take 9/11 for example. I've seen countless crude jokes and images about it. Does it make it right? No, but as an adult you should deal with the fact that the world is never going to be politically correct and that some people get a kick out of dark humor. What some people call a jackass, others call a comedian, the humor and offense in the image is subjective.

    As for the people defending it, show a bit of respect to the people who don't find it funny. You don't need to pull it down or try to make up for it, a simple statement like, "I apologize that the image offended you" would suffice. Just because you can make people upset, doesn't mean you have to.

    Most importantly, Jan pls respawn so we can get the thread back on track.
    nHIylr9gif = The battle plan

    The Ningdom now and forever - Serry 

    Hion has a small dink
  • Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,647
    edited 14.06.2015
    heros22 wrote: »
    You clearly did not get the reason why people got offended by your image. It was not simply cause we dislike terrorists, it was you posting an image of a possible live beheading by actual terrorists and likening other gamers to them and to the captives. There is a million ways to trash talk and vent at someone without posting offensive stuff. Just because you may be/have been a soldier doesn't give you carte blanche to post disturbing images in a public forum with all kinds of players. Even soldiers have to abide by laws, look what happened to those abu ghraib troops posting disturbing photos with prisoners.

    And yes, there are many other offensive stuff in forums, I can't keep track of all. However videos you don't have to click play, but images are not avoidable, once you see them, you've seen em.

    Your friends, like Abbie have posted about being offended when players talked bad about cancer patient players, or how someone stalked her or something, so clearly you have moral you just chose not to abide by them when posting this image.

    As for the oh so overused answer "why not pick up a gun and fight if you're offended" the simple answer is because if everyone was soldiers then we would be a military state, not a democracy or republic. Everyone has skills, talents, and dream of a title they can become: doctor, accountant, teacher, and yes some turn into soldiers. Just because we want to keep a civil forum does not make us oversensitive, it makes us HUMAN. All you want to do, as you just stated is talk about actual hate. None of these player have done anything to you in real life to call them terrorists or post disturbing images about them.

    Simply put, you seem filled with hate about something, and a select others seem to validate these things, but the majority of us family folk like to keep things civil or at least not involve real like matters into a GAME.

    ^This as well, everyone has the freedom to be what they want to, and to do what they are best at doing.(even if most people don't end up doing this) If everyone was a solider, not only would we not be able to properly equip/pay all of those troops. We wouldn't have many things we do today, because people pursued what they were good at, and not just running around on the ground with a rifle, doing that takes courage, it does; but don't trash talk others and act like you are better than others..because you did that.

    Founder of Camelot Beasts.



  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711
    edited 14.06.2015
    I keep seeing this thread get bumped, so I guess I'm back checking it out.

    When I first saw the post and commented on it, I laughed and it did not offend me at all. (I assumed the picture was a snapshot from a B-movie or something). It reminded me of the MISC humor of old.

    When I realized it was the ISIL / beheading stuff, that disturbed me, so I just opted not to read the thread further, as it was my choice.

    But even so, I knew it wasn't some kind of statement by 3marlo that he mocks ISIL victims or doesn't care about them.

    Bring it down a few notches. Yes the post was offensive to many, but this thread will likely be gone on Monday. Until then just chalk this up to humor gone wrong. This never should have been about who served or who did not (neither scenario should matter). Besides, I'd never be caught in public wearing such a hideous orange.
    manateesharkjpeg


    Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • AestheticusAestheticus Posts: 344
    edited 14.06.2015
    I stopped reading at page 3 do to the loss of brain cells reading the stupidity and suffered an aneurysm, I don't think my IQ will recover from this.
    Founder of the soon-to-rise RBC Empire Alliance.
  • curlbrah (US1)curlbrah (US1) Posts: 1,358
    edited 14.06.2015
    So what exactly happened here what's the cliffs with TUF and KoN, how about we talk about that instead of Isis?

    CLIFFS:
    Tuf and DT pact each other
    Serry loses his **** and threatens Tuf to break pact
    Tuf breaks pact and re-declares war on DT
    curlbrah @ usa 1
  • Pigsnout (US1)Pigsnout (US1) Posts: 68
    edited 14.06.2015
    3marlo2 wrote: »
    You forum warriors/knights are getting ridiculous, trying to keep everything civil and koshier. There is actual hate here, between some of these people, hate because they are emotionally/financially and mentally invested on destroying each other.

    Personally I am just here to play and enjoy a game in my spare time. I want nothing to do with hatred or trying to destroy anyone. That might be the tactics you are using but it is not the tactics we are using. WoK aims to recruit good players who also are good sports.

    I would like people who read the forums to know that this isn't the sort of behaviour we are involved in or support. How you choose to behave is up to you but were open to chatting about weather, having a bit of a laugh, attacking one another and enjoying the game with each other whether you are red or no. Would be nice if everyone played like this but I am not under the delusion that this would happen. However anyone is welcome to take us up on the offer.

    Hatred often says more about the people who hate then the group who are hated.
  • darkdrederdarkdreder Posts: 77
    edited 14.06.2015
    Pigsnout wrote: »
    Personally I am just here to play and enjoy a game in my spare time. I want nothing to do with hatred or trying to destroy anyone. That might be the tactics you are using but it is not the tactics we are using. WoK aims to recruit good players who also are good sports.

    I would like people who read the forums to know that this isn't the sort of behaviour we are involved in or support. How you choose to behave is up to you but were open to chatting about weather, having a bit of a laugh, attacking one another and enjoying the game with each other whether you are red or no. Would be nice if everyone played like this but I am not under the delusion that this would happen. However anyone is welcome to take us up on the offer.

    Hatred often says more about the people who hate then the group who are hated.
    That's nice but even virtual wars can bring the worst in people. This thread should have never shifted to focus on a picture. I guess it's because the incident is recent and still fresh in peoples minds that it offended some. This thread should have just been some good ole trash talking between both sides of this war.
    Eating potatoes of GGE since 2012
  • ailbts (US1)ailbts (US1) US1 Posts: 231
    edited 14.06.2015
    Let's not post things like this that could actually offend people rather than being funny.

    Ok yes this is somewhat "too soon" and hell yeah it's controversial, but this is not racist or intended in a harmful manner. I recommend reading this article.

    Here's an excerpt from the article that I think applies very well:
    "They are also going after incorrect thought — impiety and blasphemy. They are going after people for simply failing to show sufficient deference to and respect for the etiquette they hold dear. They sometimes conflate ideas with actions and regard controversial ideas as forms of violence."
  • KeenanxboxKeenanxbox Posts: 1,640
    edited 14.06.2015
    took out a whole wave of demons sent by frank and took 120+ armorer tools with me,sure i burned but very much worth it,hope the 20k food was worth it

    wow 3marlo,you're just as bad at socializing as you are at the actual game,thats a joke reserved for your idiotic friends at misc,nobody else wants to see that

    if you think beheading is funny i have something to inform you on,watch the video,than think about what you did.
    Keenanxbox- War Marshall @ Free Kingdoms

    Screen-Shot-2015-07-29-at-12.30.51-PM-300x151.png
  • GodsNoblemanGodsNobleman Posts: 611
    edited 14.06.2015
    Just a peaceful comment passing through...
    WarHammer40K

    Camelot
  • 30x30x Posts: 204
    edited 15.06.2015
    just_jan wrote: »

    loyal to KON, our allies and their cause. .


    Just wondering... exactly what is your allies cause? Do you even know?
    30x @ usa 1
  • Tree Hugger2Tree Hugger2 Posts: 535
    edited 15.06.2015
    almost as retarded as you and your extra chromosome tanner!


    ha!
    Tree Huggerusa1 Leader of The Black Flag

    "We fly no colors out here, but praise the lack of 'em. So let the black flag signal nothing but your allegiance to man's natural freedoms."

    tumblr_mzz7djK6mW1r5pe9fo1_500.gif
  • KeenanxboxKeenanxbox Posts: 1,640
    edited 15.06.2015
    TannerM. wrote: »
    Aren't you the same person who got offended when Keenan used the word retarded?

    That's a pretty retarded way to act, smh.

    oh yea! lmao I remember that,thats rich right there
    Keenanxbox- War Marshall @ Free Kingdoms

    Screen-Shot-2015-07-29-at-12.30.51-PM-300x151.png
  • We_Ner (US1)We_Ner (US1) Posts: 365
    edited 15.06.2015
    who gives a rats ass either way. stfu and go play the game. nothing but whiners


    We_Ner @ usa 1





  • GodsNoblemanGodsNobleman Posts: 611
    edited 15.06.2015
    Pls respond.
    WarHammer40K

    Camelot
  • mnight (US1)mnight (US1) US1 Posts: 1,430
    edited 15.06.2015
    We all have different levels of what we consider appropriate or inappropriate/offensive/poor taste... which not only can go towards images but it can be certain words as well. Just agree to disagree and just go back to the post itself.
    "Mark Night 5ever Crew"
    "Misc Ginger Sloot Crew"
    "Property of MoP Crew"
    "Sold to TM Crew"
    "Signs off when NTJeffery messages Crew"
    "Uggs and Ipads Crew"
    "Ersihoe Crew"
    "Bishes do love winkies Crew"
    "Stays back from edge of train platform because I distrust all other humans crew"
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 15.06.2015
    Howdy,

    First time looking at the forums in a while.. My inbox was getting notes which triggered my email so I thought I'd take a gander and it lead me to this.

    So yeah, Abbie those images are kinda awful and I hope you are banned. I'd hope the same for several others too be honest, but you know, GGE things. I'd simply think if it isn't game related, shut your trap and stop posting vulgar, inappropriate, or unneeded images pertaining to serious issues which parts of the world face on a gaming forum.

    Dark day when people are willing to take things this far. There's a place for humorous images, relating to life or social issues, and this isn't that place. Anyone saying grow up, we're all mature; this is a game for all ages, where all ages look at the forum. I don't care if you get off on the stuff you're posting but it's poor taste.

    There is a reason for forum rules; look them up and I am sure you will find more than a few have been broken. This thread will most likely be abolished in appx. 8 hours when the Mods see their inboxes. Best thing for now is either stop commenting or if you feel you've had a change of heart, take down your images (even though the thread will be taken down regardless.)

    That's my 2 cents worth, see you in another few months maybe.

    E
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

    Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • SoSkeet (US1)SoSkeet (US1) Posts: 114
    edited 15.06.2015
    u people funny
    SoSkeet @ usa 1
  • Zedd4Zedd4 Posts: 92
    edited 15.06.2015
    Oehre thousands of people died there and you joke about this? Are you so desensitised that you don't realise how much pain happened that day? Those are real people and every horror isn't something to laugh about. Marlo, I applaud you on your service but comparing Serry to ISIL is horrible. These people have killed many and glorify it. Serry is a leader on a pixel game, comparing the two is not right at all. You might say this is dark humour but remember these are REAL PEOPLE with families who mourn for them. Imagine if that was someone you knew then it wouldn't be so funny would it?
    Zedd @ usa 1
This discussion has been closed.