Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Laboratories

Some guy5 (GB1)Some guy5 (GB1) Posts: 2,248
If you arrive after somebody else to a Lab the hit doesn't bounce... Not only that but a horn doesn't show up to tell you somebody's going to take your laboratory.

Just another stealthy fuck you with a new update.
Post edited by Some guy5 (GB1) on
Some guy5 ex-scrub of en1
War marshal at Revolution x (Somehow -.- )
Consumer of pretzels
http://i.imgur.com/OAysJdg.png

646c0x

Comments

• NickDude (US1)NickDude (US1) Posts: 4,268
    edited 21.05.2015
    Is it actually a bug?
    Bards shall sing about the victories of ours,
    Enemies will fall under Chivalric Lords' towers
    Foes of their Leader will always tremble,
    But his and Chivalric Lords' allies will reassemble

Every alliance must have 3 things: loyalty,rules and right to vote. Without them,it is not an alliance. It's anarchy.

~Sandravlc of Aragonsland Empire,Leader of Chivalric Lords alliance. Leader serves,not rules.~
    Sandravlc's Logbook- Chronicle I

• Some guy5 (GB1)Some guy5 (GB1) Posts: 2,248
    edited 21.05.2015
    No idea but these hits need to bounce or we need a warning horn. One of the other needs to change. This has happened with previous updates like monuments surprised they didn't double check this feature this time :/
    Consumer of pretzels

646c0x

• Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 21.05.2015
    dont believe its a bug. its like RVs, they wont bounce. also when you go to the map or check for incoming hits on travel overview, it should appear there. just check that as soon as you get it, and then you should be fine

edit: most people do fair play and whatnot and will return any stolen by accident
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • soldiersanttu (SKN1)soldiersanttu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 523
    edited 21.05.2015
    Lexx7 wrote: »
    dont believe its a bug. its like RVs, they wont bounce. also when you go to the map or check for incoming hits on travel overview, it should appear there. just check that as soon as you get it, and then you should be fine

edit: most people do fair play and whatnot and will return any stolen by accident

They bounce from RVs...
    soldiersanttu @ skn 1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • px-elcapitanpx-elcapitan Posts: 576
    edited 21.05.2015
    Lexx

captures on RVs do bounce when the capture was launched before they go from "unowned" to "owned" status.

captures on RVs do not bounce when the capture is launched when it is already "owned" by someone.
    px-elcapitan @ au 1
  • Faathih (AU1)Faathih (AU1) Posts: 111
    edited 21.05.2015
    I have a bigger problem that is after this update, horns dont ever open unless you refresh browser
    Faathih @ au 1
  • Ama C (US1)Ama C (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 21.05.2015
    Agree! Just forget the whole idea, if someone can just take the lab....what's the use.
    Ama C @ usa 1
  • DAMNITMANDAMNITMAN Posts: 323
    edited 21.05.2015
    Um, are these the research facilities that go boom, or are they another sort/type of research tower that I'm not aware of?
    DAMNITMAN @ usa 1 FORMER RUBY BUYER Rest in peace: JoJo 9-7-2000 - 4-24-2015
  • edited 21.05.2015
    DAMNITMAN wrote: »
    Um, are these the research facilities that go boom, or are they another sort/type of research tower that I'm not aware of?

they go boom
  • Viability (US1)Viability (US1) Posts: 402
    edited 21.05.2015
    Some guy5 wrote: »
    If you arrive after somebody else to a Lab the hit doesn't bounce... Not only that but a horn doesn't show up to tell you somebody's going to take your laboratory.

We expect these types of things from GGE. We defended without horn when we saw it in the overview. Never count on GGE to get things right. Bank on them getting it wrong.
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    edited 22.05.2015
    jeethBOSS2 wrote: »
    they go boom

lol, yep, boom and you have to re-capture it again. I have a monument beside me, people are always trying to be the first to get it when it relocates. And now I have a lab right next to me in sands too... :p
  • Maxattack2Maxattack2 Posts: 2
    edited 22.05.2015
    The capture issue is certainly a problem, but I think also the other problem smaller alliances with low level players are missing out again.
    IN GE there seems to be quite a few Labs, but they give increased production in Iron. No use use for non legendary player, they can't trade it for money or soldiers etc.
    IN EW, BS and FP there seems to be a lot less Lab's. Just about the players who have one are normally higher level. Yes the increase production benefits of charcoal, oil and glass is of great benefit to all levels.
    Furthermore, it also looks like to me like the bigger alliances have multiple Lab's. Only the one of the highest percentage Lab's give that alliance any benefit. The other Lab's are of no benefit. Having them is simply precluding a lesser alliance from having one. So I think to make things a little more fair and equitable yes, like storm bounce attack, but I think a limit of one Lab per alliance could also be imposed.
    Maxattack @ au 1
  • Ancalagon2Ancalagon2 Posts: 8
    edited 22.05.2015
    Some guy5 wrote: »

Attack horns are being removed from the game, anything that doesn't bounce strikes without warning.

On a side note, what is a laboratory? In the context of Empire. I've been gone awhile and missed a load of updates I don't understand.
    Ancalagon @ en 1
  • ABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABC Posts: 549
    edited 22.05.2015
    New thing like monument that boosts kingdom resource production. More resources to lvl up gives higher bonus production. Idk what the highest lvl is, logged off last night with my alliance at 50% iron boost.
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****"

Ab8CKOc.png Bring back the old castles
    edited 22.05.2015
    I like the labs! Big bonus to kingdom resource production! :D
  • Erin the Good (US1)Erin the Good (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 03.07.2015
    I launched on two different unclaimed labs last night after the reset.... someone got to both before me...but my attacks did not bounce, and even though I saw it was captured I could not retreat. I lost all my troops as a result. These kinds of capture attacks ought to be the same as for RVs; or at least allow you to retreat. I had no intention of trying to steal someone's lab or start a fight. Please fix this GGE!
    Erin the Good @ usa 1
  • Some guy5 (GB1)Some guy5 (GB1) Posts: 2,248
    edited 03.07.2015
    Nice to know that two months later we're still being screwed over :)
    Consumer of pretzels

646c0x

• King Zoobus (US1)King Zoobus (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    edited 03.07.2015
    Sigh.... lost so many troops to the lab feeding frenzy. I got to 3 labs first, but it didnt matter as my troops get slaughtered in other captures already in progress.

Unless you baby-sit your attacks, you lose huge amounts of troops for no reason. Pretty crappy.

Attacks should bounce if they were launched against the original NPC target but the NPC no longer controls the target when the attack reaches the destination.
    King Zoobus @ usa 1
    edited 04.07.2015
    Yep, the attacks need to bounce if someone else gets to the lab before you. :)
  • Lewsyn (US1)Lewsyn (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 04.07.2015
    If nothing else, you should be able to retreat up to the last minute so you don't wipe out all your troops or someone else's when you see it has been captured.
    Lewsyn @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file