Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

comparison of fairplays rules between server

Emissamdeus (FR1)Emissamdeus (FR1) Posts: 533
edited 23.05.2015 in Alliance News & Diplomacy
Hello everyone !

I'm a french player (so excuse me if my english is not perfect) from the french server and I'm the Historian of this server. With a friend, ig_882, we want to know the history of the others servers, because this project is very appreciated in french server and I think the comparison will be very interesting (for everyone I think).

I have not seen this project on the english forum and I'm sure it would be nice ! And of course, history is important for eveyone.
but it is the subject of this topic : http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?138260-History

If I decided to open another topic, it's because I have another more specific project : compare rules of fairplays between servers

as you know, players establish rules to ensure a good game. For exemple :
- do not attack a castle if it burns
- do not steal the villages
- do not attack a player if he has 10 levels less

But, the rules are not the same as the servers and I think the comparaison will be very interesting.... and very importante too. Some servers have many rules (like french server hehe), some less

what are, in your server, the rules of fairplays accepted and admitted ?
UK, AUST, USA, INTER 1 and 2, INDIA, ... all servers !
I'll post the comparison with the other servers in other forums (german, spanish, french, ...) for a global comparison.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
good game everyone!
Post edited by Emissamdeus (FR1) on
emissamdeus3-48a2408.gif
Historian of the french server

Comments

• Fenkas (GB1)Fenkas (GB1) Posts: 120
    edited 09.05.2015
    En1:

-No stealing rvs/ops
    -No attacking from an rv under 10 clicks
    -No attacking burning castles
    -No attacking underdeveloped castles
    -Unless at war, you can only attack a player once a week

Ironically, BSK made these rules and have yet broken every single one of them
    Returning player in the bracket L30-L40.
    Works hard in events.
    "King Fenkas the Noble" glory title.
             "Terrible" achieved at L35.
    2nd in PP for my level. In reality, first, seeing as the person ahead of me isn't even on the map lol

CURRENTLY ON A BREAK FROM THE GAME. WILL BE BACK AFTER NOVEMBER 2ND. (ENTRANCE EXAMS)
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 09.05.2015
    also, most people don''t like attacks on UK server more than 10 levels below your level, unless above level 52, and would make sense that a low level player also can't hit a player more than 10 levels above them in that case.
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• jollyjack82jollyjack82 Posts: 6,105
    edited 09.05.2015
    cugglles wrote: »
    En1:

-No stealing rvs/ops
    -No attacking from an rv under 10 clicks
    -No attacking burning castles
    -No attacking underdeveloped castles
    -Unless at war, you can only attack a player once a week

You forgot do not attack people within x

(alliances have a different amount you can attack from mine is no attacking people within 30 clicks but some are 10)
    jollyjack8 @ en1 - Recruiter of New Vision
    mayO1xP.png
    King jollyjack8, level 48 (I haven't done quests since level 19 unless it was a good one)
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386
    edited 09.05.2015
    Rule number 1 there are no rules.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• Emissamdeus (FR1)Emissamdeus (FR1) Posts: 533
    edited 09.05.2015
    cugglles wrote: »

yes but it's the same everywhere. For exemple, in the french server, we have many MANY rules but they are regularly broken by a lor of player / alliances (not to generalize the actions of some players to the entire alliance)
    However, these same alliances / players invoke these rules when victim because this rules are accepted and admitted by the server community.

so, It's just the rules of fairplays that I want to compare.
    emissamdeus3-48a2408.gif
  • Lucas1999 (NL1)Lucas1999 (NL1) Posts: 474
    edited 09.05.2015
    As far as I know this are the fairplay-rules @NL1:

- Don't attack someone who is more than 10 levels less than you
    - Don't attack burning castles
    - Don't steal Island on Storm
    - Many people also use the rule: Don't attack people on Storm
    - Sometimes is the rule don't steal villages used, but most of the time you have to take it back by yourself.

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• Glop MonsterGlop Monster Posts: 11
    edited 09.05.2015
    USA 1 should have a historian...
    No Longer Glop Monster on Asia 1
    Ryan Bellinger @ USA 1 Sergeant: Suiko Samurai
    Proud Non-Ruby buyer
  • millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,513
    edited 09.05.2015
    One rule only: Don't be a muppet.
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • therealsporer (US1)therealsporer (US1) Posts: 2,266
    edited 09.05.2015
    there have been folks who appointed themselves historian... it doesn't seem to end well
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Former whatever,
    Proud nothing.
    If I do something you need to know about, you'll know.

What is the face of a coward?
    The back of his head as he runs from battle.
  • THETRUTH (INT1)THETRUTH (INT1) Posts: 24
    edited 10.05.2015
    The truth is there are no rules.
    Only the dead wil know peace.
    ~THETRUTH
    21nd of May 2013
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 10.05.2015
    there have been folks who appointed themselves historian... it doesn't seem to end well

You certainly have the beard for the job.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
    edited 10.05.2015
    Rule number 1 there are no rules.
    THETRUTH2 wrote: »
    The truth is there are no rules.

For a war game, yes of course. you can use many strategies (and ruby) to defeat the enemy. But, there is always some prohibited practices because the community think they rot the game.
    It's the raison why the server community created rules : rules of "fairplays", for "a good game"

But, these rules are different depending on the servers because what is considered as bad by a community may be considered differently in another one. It depends on the history of the community.

For exemple, French server had a lot of rules because the French community has a very strict vision of a "good game". and vice versa, some servers have very few rules. But nothing rules..... I don't know if it exists
    emissamdeus3-48a2408.gif
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    edited 10.05.2015
    The concept of "fairplay" is said to have been originated by Shakespeare in his play King John, though it's also used in the Tempest. Though the concept is rooted in the tradition of the spirit of Chivalry which derives from Roman and Germanic martial traditions around bravery, individual training and service to others. The code of conduct for Chivalry is said to have been developed around 1170-1220 by Teutonic Knights with influence from the Catholic Church as a moral system combining a warrior ethos, knightly piety, courtly manners leading to the establishment of ideals of nobility and honour. The Book of the Order of Chivalry by Raymond Lully outlines the behaviours expected of a knight, I've tried to roughly translate the GGE equivalent below:

* never attack an unarmed enemy;
    Don't attack a castle which is burning or with no defenders to defend itself

• demonstrate self-discipline;
    Don't attack an enemy repeatedly who has attacked you only once and don't attack an enemy when to do so would put others in your alliance at risk

• be courageous in word and deed;
    Consistently stand up for your beliefs both in the forum and in the game, challenge behaviour or attitudes which seek to threaten, intimidate,deride or defame you or your allies.

• avenge the offended; defend the weak and the innocent;
    Support weaker players threatened by stronger players both within your alliance and within the game. Oppose bullying, persecution through for example respecting the level limit outside of war. If someone attacks you then you act to defend your allies first.

• never abandon a friend, an ally or a noble cause;
    Respect your pacts and agreements even if that brings you into conflict with a stronger alliance

• keep your word, and remain true to your principles;
    Be consistent in your dealings with others

• have good manners, apply the laws of propriety, respect your host, authority
    and women;
    Treat other players with respect do not abuse them in PM's or the forum because they hold views different from yours and accept peoples differences, do not steal RV's or outposts or islands from weaker players when you are capable of obtaining them for yourself, treat moderators, CM's and support with respect and recognise they are real people not part of a machine even if you disagree with them don't make it personal.

• be faithful to God, the sovereign, his kingdom and his code; show respect
    towards authority and the law;

The first line is about personal choice the second part would equate to not password sharing, multiaccounting, using bots or otherwise exploiting bugs and cheats to gain an unfair advantage.

• be generous and hospitable to strangers;
    Treat those players around your castle with respect and send resources to those in need to help them grow within and without your alliance

• avoid pride, lechery, false oaths and treachery.
    You are only as good as your last battle and the game is littered now with ex-alliances and players who misjudged their relative strength, think about the consequences for yourself and others before you act. Do not agree a peace then attack the same alliance or player again or agree a truce to give yourself time to rebuild to attack again.

Leon Gautier gave 10 commandments of chivalry:

Thou shalt respect all weaknesses, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them (Respect and defend all weaknesses). Defend players weaker than you.
    Thou shalt love the country in which thou wast born (Love your country). Your alliance comes first even before your friends.
    Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy. Stand with your allies even in the face of a stronger enemy alliance.
    Thou shalt make war against the enemy without cessation and without mercy (Show no mercy to the enemy. Do not hesitate to make war with them). Essentially if somewhat attacks you do what is necessary to ensure the safety of your alliance and your allies.
    Thou shalt perform scrupulously thy feudal duties(Perform all your feudal duties ). Contribute actively to your alliance and listen to your leadership.
    Thou shalt never lie, and shalt remain faithful to thy pledged word (Never lie or go back on one's word).
    Thou shalt be generous, and give largesse to everyone (Be generous to everyone). Share resources rather than taking more than you need out of the system.
    Thou shalt be everywhere and always the champion of the Right and the Good against Injustice and Evil (Always and everywhere be right and good against evil and injustice) Depends on your definition of Evil but I say anyone who doesn't follow fairplay rules would be a good starting point.

The concept of fairplay was used as the basis for rules for many sports and games in England particularly then enshrined as an Olympic ideal

“In our view, the Olympic idea is the concept of a strong physical culture based in part on the spirit of chivalry – which you here [in England] so pleasantly call “fair play,” and in part on the aesthetic idea of the cult of what
    is beautiful and graceful”.
    Pierre de Coubertin

Fairplay has in recent years given the amount of money in sport in particular and society in general become seen as secondary to success as winning has become more important perhaps than how you win. I think fairplay is probably now defined in a game sense by those who are strongest rather than the core of the player base which wasn't the case initially. The absence of GGE creates a vacuum both in the forums and in the games which means the rules for framework for fairplay they provided becomes harder and harder to enforce and without that control the dependence of the weak on the strong becomes greater. The difficulty at present is perhaps that the strong faced with a fight for their very survival may lack the courage to stick to their initial conviction. When the fires burn can you hold to the word and the spirit of fairplay I try at least to play in that way and from my experience in the game over 4 years now I can say with certainty there are others in EN1 who do the same.

A good discussion to have and I suspect there is a lot we could learn from the French server about Chivalry:)
    Batten @ en 1
    edited 10.05.2015

I don't understant, you say these historians were rejected by the community or these historians were corrupt ? I don't know for USA 1, but in French server, my work is accepted by all sides and everyone verifies that all versions are present. So is very appreciated.

If you want an exemple, I wrote the story of the third great world war of french server : http://fr.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?112494-compte-rendu-de-la-3%C3%A8me-grande-guerre-mondiale&p=2049461#post2049461 (it's in french so you can use google translate)
    all the protagonists have appreciated this work whereas debates between them were monstrous and totally blocked (the war topic had 252 pages !!!)

thank you to all those who sent me the rules of their servers ! EN 1 and NL 1. but I need the other servers too (USA 1, AUS 1, INDIA 1, ...)

Rules of fairplays in french server :

FOR PLAYER :
    - Don't steal RV / OP
    - Don't steal monument (we have 2500 monument in FR 1 so....)
    - Don't steal Island on Storm
    - Don't attack from an RV under 10 clicks
    - Don't attack burning castles (unless at war)
    - Don't attack underdeveloped castles
    - Don't attack people on Storm (not for all people but many)
    - Don't attack a player if he has 10 levels less (it's just for simple level, not legendary level)
    - Don't insult : a player must be a player must be corect, otherwise a war is legitimate
    - No fury: the response must be proportionate to the attack

FOR ALLIANCE:
    - VERY IMPORTANT (the most important rules in FR 1) : equal protagonists in a war, the rules of 1 vs 1. all the world wars of the servers started by a breach of 1vs1 between two big alliances
    - Don't declare war on an alliance if it just got out of another war

Yes hehe, we have a lot of rules in french server
    emissamdeus3-48a2408.gif
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 10.05.2015
    Emissamdeus, UK1 and EN1 are the same server :)
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

edited 10.05.2015
    ang1243 wrote: »
    Emissamdeus, UK1 and EN1 are the same server :)

oh hehe with two different name, I thought that there were two servers. So, EN1 = UK1, ok

I corrected my original post
    emissamdeus3-48a2408.gif
    edited 14.05.2015
    I allow myself to go up this topic

it lacks many servers : Asia, australia, inter 1 and 2, USA, ...
    emissamdeus3-48a2408.gif
  • StrongSage2StrongSage2 Posts: 1
    edited 14.05.2015
    well i play on my phone but its the same game
    am from indian server

we have rules like

dont steal rvs only allowed during big war
    dont attack ops
    dont mass attack because that will lead to war
    in berimond dont attack just to steal honor
    dont attack low level players like lv 70 attacks lv 45 (it happens in my server some bullies called SHIV SENA; they set some rules but dont follow them)

bon, je parle francais aussi . cest tous les lois :p
    mais notre server cest la me**e avec le SHIV SENA
    StrongSage @ de 1
  • PHU (ASIA1)PHU (ASIA1) Posts: 68
    edited 14.05.2015
    Hello everyone !

I'm a french player (so excuse me if my english is not perfect) from the french server and I'm the Historian of this server. With a friend, ig_882, we want to know the history of the others servers, because this project is very appreciated in french server and I think the comparison will be very interesting (for everyone I think).

I have not seen this project on the english forum and I'm sure it would be nice ! And of course, history is important for eveyone.
    but it is the subject of this topic : http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?138260-History

If I decided to open another topic, it's because I have another more specific project : compare rules of fairplays between servers

as you know, players establish rules to ensure a good game. For exemple :
    - do not attack a castle if it burns
    - do not steal the villages
    - do not attack a player if he has 10 levels less

But, the rules are not the same as the servers and I think the comparaison will be very interesting.... and very importante too. Some servers have many rules (like french server hehe), some less

what are, in your server, the rules of fairplays accepted and admitted ?
    UK, AUST, USA, INTER 1 and 2, INDIA, ... all servers !
    I'll post the comparison with the other servers in other forums (german, spanish, french, ...) for a global comparison.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    good game everyone!

I think all rules are subjective in nature depending on the situation, in war there is no rules.

In true peace there should be no attacking at all, only members playing the game events and such.

In constructed war time environment agreed on by both parties, just main castles only.

Oh, and no touching of the hair or face region!
    PHU @ WWW 1
  • Monkey17179 (GB1)Monkey17179 (GB1) Posts: 1,382
    edited 14.05.2015
    Shame there are a lot of muppets on en1 Millwall lol
    Monkey-En1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file