Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

6 month war

Comments

• Nebulous (US1)Nebulous (US1) US1 Posts: 916
    edited 08.05.2015
    And this folks is the definition of getting jimjams rustled.

Lol...

Calls people '"rustled" for making a comment, while making a comment.
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • curlbrah (US1)curlbrah (US1) Posts: 1,358
    edited 08.05.2015
    Eric768 wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree in that, once all buildings are stripped and the capitols/metros and all that are gone from one side, the other side primarily folds. Sure, they might try and fight to get them back, but when it gets to the point where all buildings are gone, it's pretty much done. At that point if they keep fighting, it's not going to go far.

People really need to stop talking about stripping buildings because it will never happen. It is far too easy to hold 5-7 KT's in our alliance which is all we need and that's not even including the KT's our allies have.

Let's just say that we did lose our buildings. Have you ever even been in an alliance with metros and capitals before? It's really not that special so even if someone lost those buildings it wouldn't matter much. Is it the end of the world because you don't have an extra 500 food on green? Are you going to slit your wrists because you can't recruit KG defenders anymore? Maybe Kon would since they spend thousands trying to get them but I promise you that no one in Misc would lose any sleep over it.
    curlbrah @ usa 1
  • KeenanxboxKeenanxbox Posts: 1,640
    edited 08.05.2015
    curlbrah wrote: »
    People really need to stop talking about stripping buildings because it will never happen. It is far too easy to hold 5-7 KT's in our alliance which is all we need and that's not even including the KT's our allies have.

Let's just say that we did lose our buildings. Have you ever even been in an alliance with metros and capitals before? It's really not that special so even if someone lost those buildings it wouldn't matter much. Is it the end of the world because you don't have an extra 500 food on green? Are you going to slit your wrists because you can't recruit KG defenders anymore? Maybe Kon would since they spend thousands trying to get them but I promise you that no one in Misc would lose any sleep over it.
    500 extra food is huge actually

i'm not sure your entire allies and yourself have 7 KT's actually
    Keenanxbox- War Marshall @ Free Kingdoms

Screen-Shot-2015-07-29-at-12.30.51-PM-300x151.png
    edited 08.05.2015
    Keenanxbox wrote: »
    500 extra food is huge actually

i'm not sure your entire allies and yourself have 7 KT's actually

Did Kon lie to their subs about us not having KT's or is it you just can't count? lol
    curlbrah @ usa 1
  • KeenanxboxKeenanxbox Posts: 1,640
    edited 08.05.2015
    Did Kon lie to their subs about us not having KT's or is it you just can't count? lol
    better things to do with my life than to ''count KT's'' for 10 minutes,sorry but not sorry
    Keenanxbox- War Marshall @ Free Kingdoms

Screen-Shot-2015-07-29-at-12.30.51-PM-300x151.png
  • Redneck_RampageRedneck_Rampage Posts: 352
    edited 08.05.2015
    Lexx7 wrote: »

D8 did stand by itself for a while against MISC and KON, so i wouldnt count them out just yet. they still have a few whales also, so more instant armies. even if its a lost fight, they can still do damage, more then a flea could do. more like a person fighting knowing they will die, but hoping to take out as many enemies as possible in the process

huh? for a while? D8 has always stood and never bowed or relented to Misc and KoN in previous wars... not sure what KoN told you, but then again, since when could you trust KoN?
    Redneck_Rampage @ usa 1
  • Redneck_RampageRedneck_Rampage Posts: 352
    edited 08.05.2015
    better things to do with my life than to ''count KT's'' for 10 minutes,sorry but not sorry

sure ya do... you waste far more than that with your needless comments like the above on the forum.

by throwing around unsubstantiated comments, you look the fool.
    Redneck_Rampage @ usa 1
    edited 08.05.2015

curlbrah @ usa 1
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 08.05.2015
    I'm not sure your entire allies and yourself have 7 KT's actually

When I counted several groups last night with some spare time, I found they had 5 in MISC main, 3 in MISC: United, 3 in DT, 1 in D8, and I didn't really count anyone else other than KoN/KoN2. If you want those numbers just ask.

I could be off a couple though or the numbers could have changed recently.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386
    edited 09.05.2015
    When I counted several groups last night with some spare time, I found they had 5 in MISC main, 3 in MISC: United, 3 in DT, 1 in D8, and I didn't really count anyone else other than KoN/KoN2. If you want those numbers just ask.

I could be off a couple though or the numbers could have changed recently.

Also one in FT.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

edited 09.05.2015
    Also one in FT.

Yeah, I only counted groups I thought to be significant.

Shots_Fired.gif

lol, just kidding bro, had to get at least one more good one in. In reality, I just counted groups who caught my eye or came to mind. I also didn't count any of GK, WoK, SR, etc..

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
    edited 09.05.2015
    Yeah, I only counted groups I thought to be significant.

Shots_Fired.gif

lol, just kidding bro, had to get at least one more good one in. In reality, I just counted groups who caught my eye or came to mind. I also didn't count any of GK, WoK, SR, etc..

Lol made my heart skip a beat there. Just wanted to help you out there since you didnt want to spend time counting everyone's towers.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 09.05.2015
    huh? for a while? D8 has always stood and never bowed or relented to Misc and KoN in previous wars... not sure what KoN told you, but then again, since when could you trust KoN?

i never said you guys gave up, just that you fought KON and MISC single handedly for a while. that went well till it got dropped and turned into a server war.

wait... D8 is 1 VS all on the server....
    people in KON/DT/MISC start disagreeing to continue fighting them or give them peace....
    server war soon starts...

D8 caused the server war. there we go. solution found, blame placed, and D8 still kickin peeps across the map.
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
    edited 09.05.2015

The fact is, in this day of the game KTs are near the center of winning a server war in the overall picture. And actually, those buildings do mean a lot in terms of the gaming aspect of an alliance's status. Find Manatee's post the other day, it basically says all that needs to be said regarding the importance of both KTs/other alliance buildings.

And it may very well happen one day, unless you're a fortune teller and you've seen the future.

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711
    edited 09.05.2015
    Lot of responses, but kept them to short comments. Manatee-Adaptation! Maybe next I'll just try one paragraph total.
    D8 did stand by itself for a while against MISC and KON, so i wouldnt count them out just yet. they still have a few whales also, so more instant armies. even if its a lost fight, they can still do damage, more then a flea could do. more like a person fighting knowing they will die, but hoping to take out as many enemies as possible in the process

Agreed for the most part. May not like some of the things they've done, but certainly have been blasting away with offense.
    Of course, they are castles that you can recruit, build and port just like your others. People just tend to neglect their storm castle since it resets. How many times has zombie hit me outside of storm? That would be zero. I have hit him 40 times more than he has hit me (including storms) and obviously it has an effect since he threw a temper of me sending one little message. I said something along the lines of thanks for the visit, ill be sure to return the favor or something.

The underlined is why I was wondering why you bothered to show those hits. If you've hit him elsewhere that's cool. And 40 times beyond how many times he's hit you? Sounds like it's time to change your name to Andrew Monster.
    S it came down to reputation then, good to know. Might want to be careful when you say kon and gk values are close. Might lose some respect from alliances and it will hurt your reputation.
    We looked at respect and factored that into our decision too. In all angles except humor (MISC wins) and unwavering commitment to kill an enemy until it's reduced to ashes (MISC wins), the advantages went to KoN. Doesn't mean KoN was perfect, just better for us.
    So its only okay to plan to take down alliances if your name is kon..
    No, not only okay for KoN. It's okay for ALL alliances to do that. This is a war game. An empire game. The difference is: a weak alliance was trying to do it to a strong alliance, and word leaked out. Lord Bishop (and at first you as well) were denying SR was doing it. Even your allies don't deny it.
    Well if you guys heard rumors of allies wanting to war you, you prob didn't pay much attention to them since only kon has a background of backstabbing its allies.
    Too many people on these forums have been around a long time, so you might stop trying to make KoN look bad by just saying whatever sounds good. You do want people besides just your side to believe things you say, right?
    Easy to be quiet about it when you know there is a good chance they are just rumors. When it comes to kon you have to take it serious otherwise it will blindside you like they did misc Halloween night.
    Andrew, GK has never been vocal. The only stuff you guys hear from us is basically me during this server war, and that's it. To say we were quiet for some half-assed guess of your own about how credible something might have been is just silly. Not sure if you're just trying to tout FT's alleged predicament?

What past actions has other alliances done that kon hasnt? Your saying that you would pick an alliance that is known to throw tantrums over an alliance that has a smudge on their history?
    This might be even worse than your "KTs don't mean crap" comment.
    Keep them coming :)
    Lol why should they matter to our side, only thing that needs to matter to our side is getting big brother off our backs which will lead to us having property. Why worry about the latter when we can just focus on the first.
    Thank you for acknowledging the importance (and end-goal) of property for your side.

Hehe this was great. I thought the same thing. It is one reason I never say it myself (though I often want to...) Someone will just call me out.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
    edited 10.05.2015
    Manatee wrote: »
    Lot of responses, but kept them to short comments. Manatee-Adaptation! Maybe next I'll just try one paragraph total.

The underlined is why I was wondering why you bothered to show those hits. If you've hit him elsewhere that's cool. And 40 times beyond how many times he's hit you? Sounds like it's time to change your name to Andrew Monster.
    Lol just a guess I dont keep track and I hit him several times a day. It took him at least 3 days of being hit to even hit back. Don't believe I have showed the actual hits, rather i spoke about it and how it got under his skin. Why would I risk hitting him elsewhere? He has watchtowers and a god. That would be a disadvantage for me. I always use tactics that give me the advantage in this war when it comes to attacking.
    A hit is a hit. So you might as well stop trying to downplay that storms don't count.
    We looked at respect and factored that into our decision too. In all angles except humor (MISC wins) and unwavering commitment to kill an enemy until it's reduced to ashes (MISC wins), the advantages went to KoN. Doesn't mean KoN was perfect, just better for us.

Alright in your eyes kon is better and our misc is better. Agree to disagree.
    No, not only okay for KoN. It's okay for ALL alliances to do that. This is a war game. An empire game. The difference is: a weak alliance was trying to do it to a strong alliance, and word leaked out. Lord Bishop (and at first you as well) were denying SR was doing it. Even your allies don't deny it.

You got me there. I didnt express my thoughts properly. Dont believe I ever denied SR was planning it? Just said they were also helping an ally out.
    Too many people on these forums have been around a long time, so you might stop trying to make KoN look bad by just saying whatever sounds good. You do want people besides just your side to believe things you say, right?

I could say the same to you. Too many people have been around for a long time and can see through your pointless attempts at trying to make kon sound like the angels they aren't. I really don't need to make kon look bad, they do that with their previous actions. Kon ranks number 1 when it comes to stabbing allies in the back out of the major alliances.
    Andrew, GK has never been vocal. The only stuff you guys hear from us is basically me during this server war, and that's it. To say we were quiet for some half-assed guess of your own about how credible something might have been is just silly. Not sure if you're just trying to tout FT's alleged predicament?

Yep I will agree about you guys not being very vocal. You guys go off the information/guesses you have yet you slam others for doing what you do. Pot calling the kettle black?
    This might be even worse than your "KTs don't mean crap" comment.
    Keep them coming :)

KT comment is a personal opinion of mine. Not everyone agrees with everyone's opinions, but I knew that before I said it and I still standby it. Saying it's bad instead of making a logical argument? Come on I'm disappointed in you. It is easy to grab a comment that you don't like and compare it with another in an attempt to avoid answering the question.
    Thank you for acknowledging the importance (and end-goal) of property for your side.

Never said it was important or end goal. Don't put words in my mouth. I said our end goal which is getting big brother off our backs will end up with us having the property. Never said it was a goal. It is a bonus that benefits us when we reach our goal.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,647
    edited 10.05.2015
    i believe that overall they may lose, but they can still have plenty of fight left in them after or during the pillaging of alliance buildings. D8 smashed over 200K D of an alliance with a huge KT bonus, but take away that bonus, they will need to give up close to if not more then the same amount of offense. so while they probably could do it, it would be better to save that offense for continuing to hit people and hope to do more damage that way

A person who will fight to the death in an attempt to cause as much harm as possible is about as dangerous a foe as you can get because they don't give a f*** what happens to themselves..

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• Tree Hugger2Tree Hugger2 Posts: 535
    edited 10.05.2015
    A person who will fight to the death in an attempt to cause as much harm as possible is about as dangerous a foe as you can get because they don't give a f*** what happens to themselves..

like a racoon in a corner rawr!!!!!

._.
    Tree Huggerusa1 Leader of The Black Flag

"We fly no colors out here, but praise the lack of 'em. So let the black flag signal nothing but your allegiance to man's natural freedoms."

tumblr_mzz7djK6mW1r5pe9fo1_500.gif
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711
    edited 10.05.2015
    Why would I risk hitting him elsewhere? He has watchtowers and a god. That would be a disadvantage for me. I always use tactics that give me the advantage in this war when it comes to attacking. A hit is a hit. So you might as well stop trying to downplay that storms don't count.
    I'm going to let your words stand on their own :) No need to add anything.
    Alright in your eyes kon is better and our misc is better. Agree to disagree.
    You questioned why we joined them and not your side. And I told you. Never any comment about who was "better," just about who more closely reflected our values and gameplay and reputation. There was no agreement or disagreement needed or wanted from you, I only tried answering your questions.
    You got me there. I didnt express my thoughts properly. Dont believe I ever denied SR was planning it? Just said they were also helping an ally out.
    Your trying to justify your entering into the war on SR plans to help an ally who was warring a backstabbing alliance that started the server war.

They jumped in to help an ally and to prevent kon from trying to gangbang them.

You didn't say they were 'also' helping an ally out. You said that's basically all they were doing (hence, how could GK justify attacking them, omgomgomg!) Well I suppose if it wasn't outright denial, it was certainly disingenuous. Take your pick :)

I could say the same to you. Too many people have been around for a long time and can see through your pointless attempts at trying to make kon sound like the angels they aren't. I really don't need to make kon look bad, they do that with their previous actions. Kon ranks number 1 when it comes to stabbing allies in the back out of the major alliances.

Well that's the different between us. You keep making declarative statements about who ranks as #1 this, or is the worst backstabber, or this or that. I'm not. All are flawed, none are angels. We picked the ones most suitable to us, for the traits we admire more. (which of course, makes you declare that those traits of ours must be x y z, etc. lol)

I also say things that have occurred and what I feel about it. Other people can come up with their own opinions on how they feel about it but I'm not going to say something ridiculous like "FT ranks number 1 when it comes to having members without common sense." I don't believe it, and others wouldn't pay attention to it. Am I that way 100% of the time? No. Do I try to influence? Sure, I'm biased like anyone else. But in general I try making a habit not to stick my foot in my mouth. I like to think I'm pretty successful at it too. I attribute it to 1) not lying 2) respecting others 3) trying to remain in the realm of common sense and 4) because manatees don't have feet. So I would say this: feel free to continue making the declarative claims you're making, but stop being upset when someone calls you out on it.
    Yep I will agree about you guys not being very vocal. You guys go off the information/guesses you have yet you slam others for doing what you do. Pot calling the kettle black?
    GK has not called FT anything, let alone slammed FT for anything they've chosen to do. Exactly how frustrated are you to be saying stuff like that? No, not pot calling the kettle black. We're not calling you anything at all, get over yourselves, lol.
    KT comment is a personal opinion of mine. Not everyone agrees with everyone's opinions, but I knew that before I said it and I still standby it. Saying it's bad instead of making a logical argument? Come on I'm disappointed in you. It is easy to grab a comment that you don't like and compare it with another in an attempt to avoid answering the question.
    Start being more genuine in your comments like you used to be, and you'll start seeing more interaction from me on comments like that. Seriously. If some of that stuff was genuine and not propaganda/trolling then we've really got more differences than I thought.
    Never said it was important or end goal. Don't put words in my mouth. I said our end goal which is getting big brother off our backs will end up with us having the property. Never said it was a goal. It is a bonus that benefits us when we reach our goal.
    Fair enough, I'm not here to say what you meant and looking back at it I think you're right.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • edited 10.05.2015
    I found the ultimate meme to describe THE MISC and Kingdom Of Neph (not the players, in general).
    http://prntscr.com/73iss3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file