Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Eric768 - Retirement

Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
edited 13.05.2015 in Alliance News & Diplomacy
Howdy,

My name is Eric. I've played GGE for approximately 3 years, joining near the start of the USA1 server. After a year in the game I started posting here in the forums on a daily basis, mainly in the Questions, Suggestions, Criticism, Technical and Alliance News sections. Currently, I have the most posts in the forum; not that it means diddly.

After all the time in this game, it has come time to hang up the skates and call quits on GGE. Along with boredom of the game, and the amount of time it takes to play, my health has been deteriorating the past month, and I think it's best at this time to focus my attention on that. I've wanted to do so for a long time now, the only reason I've stayed as long as I have is the people I've met along the way, and the fantastic alliance members I have gotten to know in my making of the The 7R Agency. Made about a year ago starting as just me at level 70 with a 5 member alliance, completely new, I made the journey over the past year to make a group I can call my own, and one that I can be proud of. I succeeded.

Currently a near maxed out, 65 member slot, 45 alliance level alliance, 7RA has grown to be a formidable group. The people within are from all spreads of life; military backgrounds, authors, students at various universities, DJs, postal workers, etc.. Every walk of life has diverged into this one shell, and those who may not have met one another in real life have been able to connect via GGE and 7RA. It is truly a fantastic feeling to have gained such trust and comradery with so many individuals. The hardest part about leaving this game is leaving those who I've met behind.

Now, starting as one person in an alliance was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Especially when I wasn't intending to start it up. I created the group as a shell so I could 'retire' an quit the game, as I was in a rough patch at the time and thought it was time. Upon making the group, I checked in the next day, and in chat at that moment was a female, level 10 player. Somewhat shocked (I forgot the update which allowed players to join automatically), I introduced myself, and she began asking questions. Though I was planning on quitting, I did what I was best at, and assisted in any way possible. The gratitude I received was rewarding, and although she quit several weeks later as she had RL items to deal with, this individual gave me the idea to make a group where I could train players who perhaps have not been given a fair shake.

I would say this has been a successful journey for me in many aspects. I've always said, Diplomacy is the best tool in my belt but it sure helps to have a hammer of an army. Truly, diplomacy has been the best, and most enjoyable aspect of the game for me. I enjoy making agreements, working through sticky situations, acquiring new friends/contacts, getting to know as many people as I can, and talking my way through any situation. Though it was my favourite part of the game, I had my slips like any other. Plenty of regrets of course, but everything was a growing process.

I would like to give a few special thank you's to several who have made this experience in GGE a great one.

Mad42 - My successor and close friend
Orel570 - Close friend
Lisa B. - My longest known friend in the game, currently still playing
Mr.Assassin2 - Close friend
geniusguy - Close friend
Heartnoir - A fantastic individual
Members of The 7R Agency - My alliance mates who I care for deeply

Oh, and for those that think Manatee is a talking head, he is probably the most unbiased individual when it comes to assessing their own side and the opposing side in any situation. If my opinion means anything to you, then my opinion is he is an esteemed individual who you should listen to.

If you also want my personal opinions not reflected by my alliance on the server war currently raging; go KoN/GK, as you are clearly in the right (Keep discussion of server war out of this please, this is just for the record overall).

I've long held onto the notion that maybe GGE will change their ways and adjust their business strategy, but it is clear that they do not want non-ruby buyers in the game. I've never bought a ruby, and it makes it insanely difficult to have a good time these days. I will not indulge deeper into GGE's business, but I hold hope for those remaining in this game that they will change their ways.

I will keep my account alive checking in once every blue moon, but if for some reason you need to contact me, drop my GGE forum inbox a note and I will get back to you when I get a chance (I won't check often, but I will get it). At this very moment, I am still around dealing with distribution of assets to my alliance mates, but I plan on leaving in under a week.

I've also been a mental health awareness supporter, as I struggle with my own issues which I have since worked to reduce and eliminate. An individual in this game was able to help me greatly, and most likely saved my life. Keep in mind when speaking with others players, there is a person behind the screen, and you should never make it personal.

Below I will post all my battle reports of the previous year during the creation of 7RA. I only started keeping track about 2 months into the process, so some will be missing. I know we all enjoy some good battles (and some not so good in my case), so I hope you enjoy and appreciate me posting these, as it is time consuming. These are not cherry picked reports; only several are missing due to loss of files or other issues. The highest title I ever reached was 'King Eric768 The Steel-Hearted' for a short period of time; I mainly had terrible for a long expanse of time.

NOTE: Near every report seen offensively uses only coin flags (1%), and 1 of the attacks is an arranged hit (the other 60k+ was one I was confident I'd get glory, so I sent blue flags).

It has been a pleasure playing with all of you, and I won't take up anymore of your time now ;) Enjoy the reports, and if you need anything, you know who to message.

Finest Regards,

Eric768

P.s. Mods, if you need a reason for this to stay in this section; All hail the new leader of the alliance The 7RA Agency, Mad42 ;)
Post edited by Eric768 (US1) on
Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.

Comments

• Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 03.05.2015
    Offensive Battle Reports

dhGzDx8.png
    I53gaZk.png
    SpBym2K.png
    FinKHKR.png
    fKzLv3X.png
    PDzt4aD.png
    Ya3HvJK.png
    8U8y0U8.png
    x6RYhut.png
    K2KOLdZ.png
    kR39unb.png
    PPe3s0T.png
    t3xP4dQ.png
    K1ASKHu.png
    aSvpgdL.png
    hcd0zNl.png
    g3FvXf7.png
    glAnoRC.png
    H1GrheM.png
    wz93kqn.png
    hcGoaYn.png
    UnM4dFP.png
    truLB3e.png
    Y1hxbLs.png
    Ielhc6C.png
    25LTtBK.png
    fhJeXGZ.png
    ztq5JqK.png
    wlYzIP4.png
    0irEsnb.png
    owExG7S.png
    cRD3E0k.png
    AP2u6F0.png
    70GoU5f.png
    wkyWP5O.png
    Rs01FOQ.png
    DxsCw2b.png
    0wfKtor.png
    hKQEN17.png
    RN0ZBnU.png
    qyLmwyp.png
    mQrjxWu.png
    CqPaBwT.png
    QR8e1es.png
    eMvZ7By.png
    5LPA8lq.png
    I2omjuk.png
    9tALltN.png
    MqmJqdU.png
    uF6ENNc.png
    ljfFmKK.png
    C9FKFsT.png
    JsX8NGc.png
    SLKM2U7.png
    9ta2OQn.png
    G0IVwdT.png
    LRg7cO4.png
    1uKKckL.png
    p0a47ea.png

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 03.05.2015
    Defensive Battle Reports

EhfkpFr.png
    nMVyMf1.png
    OAESFR4.png
    qZNCQW4.png
    hXDZ7oN.png
    4HCfcbg.png
    x1zGu3C.png
    CxKbFrZ.png
    2NsTG7w.png
    BF07N02.png
    FNcyu10.png
    CfULeLg.png
    Va1I48g.png
    SsPhZJl.png
    JWfxFA9.png
    ZIuY6aJ.png
    xDssdv9.png
    Ghe6AYk.png
    rMdHrbl.png
    vqxGd0Z.png
    QVBWSVB.png
    qd3Tyy2.png
    R3GVHsZ.png
    CT9Odmj.png
    H4bujSM.png
    M23s5gA.png
    ISxbZyX.png
    TMzNWHP.png
    2hEYxVc.png
    IQGMsWg.png

• edited 03.05.2015
    I've always been one to watch the posts here. My first (and probably only) comment:

Many thanks to you Eric for taking us in, showing us the ropes, straightening us out where needed, and being that guiding light that successful organizations need.

To say "you will be missed by many" is a gross understatement.

A hearty SALUTE your way, sir....you did good :)
    Sirob eMorfch @ usa 1
  • Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 03.05.2015
    dang eric, i never thought you would go (i mean that the best way possible). from what i saw of you, you were a fun, caring, generous, and all around good guy. its sad to see you go, you were one of the few people who would NEVER make anything in game or on forums to hurt someone. you teased a bit, but only with people who knew it was for fun, not to be mean. you never trolled, and always tried to be a fair judge of situations.

in my book, you were on of the top on the server, or in the game in general. honestly i keep manatee and maybe 1-2 others up top with you for the same reasons. you will be missed for sure.
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • InsaneDuckling (GB1)InsaneDuckling (GB1) Posts: 19,271
    edited 03.05.2015
    Wait, are you leaving the forum or the game? . . .

Good luck on your future endeavors, and may you have good health, anyway. :)
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
  • Emperor DolceEmperor Dolce Posts: 152
    edited 03.05.2015
    Hello old friend. Though we havent talked in ages im sad to see you leave. Thanks for past advice and listening to me rant when my little piece of the empire was being dismantled. You inspired me to not totally give up despite the odds. Best of luck in all endeavors Eric. Take care buddy.
    Emperor Dolce @ usa 1 Emperor @ india1. Emperor @ Asia1
  • MustakeemMustakeem Posts: 735
    edited 03.05.2015
    Eric you have always been such a cool guy good luck in what ever you do mate :)
    http://snag.gy/7jHO4.jpg (4.5k horrors)

http://snag.gy/tc9ku.jpg (Im a non ruby buyer)
    Musty3 @ en 1 Started again
  • Fenkas (GB1)Fenkas (GB1) Posts: 120
    edited 03.05.2015
    Dude... please put your posts in the correct section
    Returning player in the bracket L30-L40.
    Works hard in events.
    "King Fenkas the Noble" glory title.
             "Terrible" achieved at L35.
    2nd in PP for my level. In reality, first, seeing as the person ahead of me isn't even on the map lol

CURRENTLY ON A BREAK FROM THE GAME. WILL BE BACK AFTER NOVEMBER 2ND. (ENTRANCE EXAMS)
  • Highness Ho (GB1)Highness Ho (GB1) Posts: 2,763
    edited 03.05.2015
    Eric,
    It's so sad to see you go. I never got to know you much, as we're on different servers, but I can say one thing. You have always been an inspiration to me on the forums. Your posts were always well thought out and skillfully typed. I congratulate you for your achievements throughout the game and the forum.

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish you well in the future:
    Goodbye for now Eric, you will be missed

Best Regards,
    Highness Ho
    King Highness Ho @ en 1
    I AM A DUDE
    I don't buy rubies

Want a certain castle to go up in flames??? Visit My Bounty Hunting Thread!

Forum member of the month March 2015 WOOOHOOO!!!! Thanks all!!!

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle" (rubies) ~Sun Tzu

I am Catman! The New SuperHero!!!

Member of the Cat family, including Graycat,Elliotell
  • Cyclone14 (INT1)Cyclone14 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11,909
    edited 03.05.2015
    As one of those who has been around just about as long as you, I've seen you around here answering and helping enough times for me to know that you will be sorely missed if you are in fact quitting the forums as you are the game.

Although I can't say I ever saw you in the game, an International player as I am, my time on the forum has led me to believe that you'd have been as good of a player there.

I wish you best of luck for the future, and the hope that your health improves.

– Cyclone
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

One of the old-timers, long since departed from this land — my inbox, however, remains open!
  • NickDude (US1)NickDude (US1) Posts: 4,268
    edited 03.05.2015
    Your memoirs,threads and every single post inspired me.Good luck in whatever you do in real life and I wish you are better with your health!

-Sandravlc
    Bards shall sing about the victories of ours,
    Enemies will fall under Chivalric Lords' towers
    Foes of their Leader will always tremble,
    But his and Chivalric Lords' allies will reassemble

Every alliance must have 3 things: loyalty,rules and right to vote. Without them,it is not an alliance. It's anarchy.

~Sandravlc of Aragonsland Empire,Leader of Chivalric Lords alliance. Leader serves,not rules.~
    Sandravlc's Logbook- Chronicle I

• edited 03.05.2015
    Good luck with your health!
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 03.05.2015
    very sad to see you go Eric
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• DavidgibbUser (US1)DavidgibbUser (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    edited 03.05.2015
    Eric, it's been a pleasure meeting and knowing you. I have long sensed your stature in this game even before this thread appeared. Remember when we first became acquainted that I liked the cut of your jib. Every possible happiness to you: may the wind always be at your back and may the sun always shine upon your face. Safe voyage!
    DavidgibbUser @ usa 1
  • Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) US1 Posts: 896
    edited 03.05.2015
    Good Bye Eric, you are one of the reasons I started reading the forums, your posts were always funny, thoughtful, and overall enjoyable to read. You will be greatly missed by many, and I wish you luck in life, and hope your health improves.
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

• Heartnoir (US1)Heartnoir (US1) US1 Posts: 513
    edited 03.05.2015
    Eric, thanks for the shout-out. The feeling is mutual. I enjoyed your forum posts before I got to know you and liked you even more after. Wishing you the best in real life. You will be missed.

Canadian bacon wishes and La Fin Du Monde dreams. ^^

Heartnoir @ usa 1

"You must have big rats if you need Hattori Hanzo's steel
    . . . Huge."
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    edited 03.05.2015
    Bye then,

Glad you're leaving your account open at least, even if you're not playing. (Can I start farming you? And who gets your RVs?) Maybe someday you'll want to come back... Have fun in real life. :)

~King Graycat
  • edited 03.05.2015
    Graycat3 wrote: »
    Bye then,

Glad you're leaving your account open at least, even if you're not playing. (Can I start farming you? And who gets your RVs?) Maybe someday you'll want to come back... Have fun in real life. :)

~King Graycat

nah, i can farm him, and i'll take his RVs:p

lol, jk(maybe)
  • geniusguy (US1)geniusguy (US1) US1 Posts: 948
    edited 03.05.2015
    Sad to see you go eric.
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    edited 03.05.2015
    ben3211232 wrote: »
    You guys are jerks, his alliance gets his RVs and farming him would be rude........................

His alliance does? Oh, :p
    In my alliance everyone is pretty much so maxed out on RVs, so whenever someone leaves the game here, that person just tries his best to give them away. In the end most of the RVs go to other people we don't even know.

Farming him wouldn't be rude, if he isn't playing... Was just asking if he would mind anyway. :S

(Highlight poptart cat's post at the bottom.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file