Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion: Low Level Research and more!

Comments

• philippe 1 (NL1)philippe 1 (NL1) Posts: 73
    edited 09.03.2015
    those crosses hurt my eyes :(
    every attack they pop up when i take a attacker or a tool fix it that really hurt your eyes :(

philippe 1 @ nl 1

http://prntscr.com/awdyka

• edited 10.03.2015
    "Faster troop/tool placement"???
    For me, it's "Slower troop/tool placement".:huh:

And, ah, my eyes..
    The tools are too tiny.. 8|
    BurningKnuckler @ WWW 2
  • Skindiacus (US1)Skindiacus (US1) Posts: 97
    edited 10.03.2015
    The research tower change is fine to be honest. The new attack interface is okay too, I guess, but no one is going to use it for reasons stated above. It's not that big of a deal though. Just get used to the pluses in your screen. T_T

Just out of curiosity, which one of the devs thought it was a good idea?
    Skindiacus @ usa 1
  • joost321 (NL1)joost321 (NL1) Posts: 52
    edited 10.03.2015
    GGE please add a button to shut off the "fast" placement completely when you don't want to use it. So we get the old screen. Now you can't use the old setup partly... putting in troops and tools can be done the old way, but when you want to change the amount you automaticly go to the new placement screen and have to search for the tools or soldiers you want to change, and that screen has to much information I don't need, it's very difficult to find the right buttons.

give us a chance to get rid of it when we don't use it and put the buttons of the fast placement and the auto filling in the options menu so we keep the screen simple and clean, there are already to much buttons of things we don't use . Releave us from the clutter of useless options. Make a button in the options menu that opens a menu with buttons that can open buttons that we can disable, so the devellopper who likes all these buttons can have them, and we don't have to use or see them.
    joost321 @ nl 1
  • solveig (SKN1)solveig (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 25
    edited 10.03.2015
    You are right Joost321. We just lost a lot of soldiers unnassasury in defence, becauce this "faster" system put same tools in all slots of a sektion, and before it succeded to cheet the new system, there were no time to set defence in an other sektion.
    GG when do you stop to make updates without thinking it through. Change it EMIDIATLY
    solveig @ skn 1
  • Rathgar (US1)Rathgar (US1) Posts: 150
    edited 10.03.2015
    Please remove the attack screen. It's killing my eyes with the + and disappearance.

It took me a good 2 minutes looking at it before I figured out how to change the number of ladders I set.

I also hate how there's a big fat ruby sign right there, even if I have 600 belfries to use (oops, breaching towers).

Screen is super cluttered now, and trying to change tools is extremely difficult

Srs wtf is this
    8e0e7f3f7883a4a064900e1db8d61cf5.png

Brb epilepsy seizures
    [PC]
  • kennith (US1)kennith (US1) Posts: 178
    edited 10.03.2015
    joost321 wrote: »
    GGE please add a button to shut off the "fast" placement completely when you don't want to use it. So we get the old screen. Now you can't use the old setup partly... putting in troops and tools can be done the old way, but when you want to change the amount you automaticly go to the new placement screen and have to search for the tools or soldiers you want to change, and that screen has to much information I don't need, it's very difficult to find the right buttons.

give us a chance to get rid of it when we don't use it and put the buttons of the fast placement and the auto filling in the options menu so we keep the screen simple and clean, there are already to much buttons of things we don't use . Releave us from the clutter of useless options. Make a button in the options menu that opens a menu with buttons that can open buttons that we can disable, so the devellopper who likes all these buttons can have them, and we don't have to use or see them.

Preach bro, I personally hate the new screen and want it gone, i can't decide for others but would like the opportunity to decide for ME...I hope GGE listens, for once...
    I am against the new updates, the past few months Two years have been all about GGE greed. Please revoke these money grabbing updates and make the game fun again.

Kennith | USA1 | Emperors of Neph | Recruiter / Defcon of Neph | Sergeant

If you are being bullied, message me in-game.  I like making bullies burn...

My Profile:
    http://imgur.com/d6xi8Xa
    My loot
    http://prntscr.com/6jbb5q
    http://prntscr.com/6jbbxp
    http://prntscr.com/6jkp26
    http://prntscr.com/6jwvwa
    Over kill? What over kill?
    http://prntscr.com/6jkk0u
    oxxx{=====>
  • Dun Gon (INT2)Dun Gon (INT2) Posts: 3,656
    edited 10.03.2015
    ben3211232 wrote: »
    I think the research is really slow because players at level 6 produce way less resources than we do, so that is why it takes so long, not because GGS is really mean, they just need to remember that the players they are dealing with can't produce as much as you or I.

I don't care, I am trying to get the last extension in my castle. So it will give me something to do.
    http://prntscr.com/6es7tm

The attack set up, in my mind is way to jumbled and small. It will really force players with bad eye site off the game. Along with all of the troops in that one box, well it can get overwhelming for some people.

http://prntscr.com/6esci9

To me, it makes me more likely NOT to buy rubies, since did they say anything about it? No. Does it make the game seem more unrealistic, and that your not actually buying entertainment but some picture? Yes. I play this game to have fun in a realistic before Dark Ages time period. Not to look at pretty pictures from your Arts team. Even though the battles aren't actually shown just the battle reports, well that is more realistic; since most Kings stayed out of battles only if they were in the castle being seiged.

They cannot produce 40 wood and stone in 13 hours?
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2
    Retired from duties in September 2015.

Once Leader of Phoenix Sword and the once prominent alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of now collapsed OU. All organizations mentioned above have collapsed or merged into other prominent alliances since. Co-founder of the Force family.

"I have seen many wars fought through my four years on this server. I have seen families rise and fall. I have been members of prominent organizations in International 1 and International 2, and have played in United States 1 with my forum buddies as well. It has shown me many things, but mainly that every action that is partaken in this game and in the world can only be deemed right or wrong depending upon your perspective. Never pass the blame, fight hard to succeed. As a non-ruby player, I managed to create and nurture not one but two of the most successful alliance families in International 2. Believe, there is always another path. Success is determined by the amount of effort you are willing to put in"
  • Mr.G5Mr.G5 Posts: 20
    edited 10.03.2015
    the attack screen filling troops u said it will be easy instead u made it lot tougher why to remove the placed troop i have to search a entire list
    previously is 52 troops are placed just by clicking the placed troops it will be easy to change the no of troops using keyboard now that use full option is gone for that too i have to search the entire list to to change that y the hell u guys don't do what is necessary
    instead of giving an option to fill troops without tools for looting and clicking troops to fill to max allocated slot instead of this u guys want looter to leave game so the only ruby players stand still
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MangInasalMangInasal Posts: 152
    edited 10.03.2015
    If you are going to let level 6's research then why cant level 70's hit them without loosing honor :/

You should lose honor... it's like pedophilia... an old man "playing" with little girls...
    MangInasal @ WWW 1
  • Diktator2Diktator2 Posts: 4
    edited 10.03.2015
    Please add a setting option allowing players to disable this feature.

I assume most folks who send out many armies use keyboard/mouse combo, which is pretty fast. the update doesn't allow changing troop/tool #s in the regular slot with a simple keystroke, very annoying. I like most updates, but don't reap benefit from either of the recent combat interface updates.

Recommended updates that would be very popular with players:

1. Many would like to see 'memory' buttons in the combat interface. Sending hundreds or thousands of the exact same attack setup gets very old. Redundancy reduction with an 'attack setup save' feature would be awesome.
    Easier interface = more sends. I use rubies for nearly every attack send. More sends = a happier me and more $$ for GGE. win win

2. More equipment slots or 'saved set spaces' w/ quick change feature for each castellan/commander please! it is depressing having to destroy good triple stat pieces of legendary equipment to make room to loot =(
    More available equipment=more upgrades=more gems used=happier players and mo $$ for GGE. again, win win
    Diktator @ usa 1
  • MangInasalMangInasal Posts: 152
    edited 10.03.2015
    Adam Lee wrote: »
    Hate the interface, Hate the interface, Hate the interface. You click on the '+' sign and all these pictures and sliders appear. I don't really want to know these stats of the troops etc. It's confusing too...

YEP. Why fix something that ain't broke???

Removing / adding / reducing soldier types should be as it was before. Now it is made more difficult most especially if you have several soldier types and you have to scroll through to find it... with VERY SMALL ICONS... and my laptop screen is fairly big.

Maybe they should make this available as a separate button... or upon clicking EMPTY SLOTS.... loaded slots should use the OLD METHOD... with + , - , delete options...
    MangInasal @ WWW 1
  • Crusherdom (AU1)Crusherdom (AU1) Posts: 21
    edited 10.03.2015
    Rubbish update, who asked for more research at low levels? How about making some of the changes we actually ask for?

And as for the new interface when sending attacks... RUBBISH why change it NO ONE WANTS IT. Way to make atks harder to send.
    Crusherdom @ au 1
  • cur (skn1)cur (skn1) Posts: 126
    edited 10.03.2015
    GGE like ruin things that allready works just fine..... isnt first time they screw up things :)

they seems pretty noobish to this game !!
    cur, Nordic 1
  • heehee3heehee3 Posts: 2,780
    edited 10.03.2015
    Regardless of how good the new interface is (could use bigger buttons, less info like 'looting', and stuff you own appears at the top), attack setup did (still does) need a rework. Waaay too much clicking and time taken.
    Quit while you're ahead
  • TomRicciTomRicci Posts: 20
    edited 10.03.2015
    The new screens in the battle and support are visually crowded and that pop-up when removing troops is a pain. The pop-up is informative but small and again crowds the screen. Many times, especially when being attacked, time is of the essence and the new screens inhibit that for me. Changes for for the sake of change is not useful. Are these changes beta-tested? They should be.
    As far as the researcher goes, I am still uncertain, will have to see how it goes. For me, I was just getting a handle on what I needed to do, and it has changed.
    Thanks for reading - Tom
    P.S.
    Change those screens to the old style or make a more visually appealing and Less Crowded combination. Those cross covers on the boxes are especially annoying.
    TomRicci @ usa 1
  • missvp82 (US1)missvp82 (US1) Posts: 7
    edited 10.03.2015
    The new attack screen is too confusing! And could it be any smaller??? I have 20/20 vision and I can hardly read the thing!!! The new plus signs are also annoying. The whole screen and set up is just too crowded!
    And what happened to the research? That is more confusing too! I don't understand why a level 6 needs to worry about a tower that early, and why they need an advantage over the next player that early. New players already get a ton of bonus, and extra troops they can barely feed. So scare them off with something else they need to learn about? And the older players, I guess we just back track now, get a few perks?

Are you ever going to start actually listening to your customers? We are practically begging you to fix the bugs, the lag, the server crashes, the bad updates, the problems in a game we all WANT TO PLAY!! And all you keep doing is adding new updates, changing things around, making things more expensive, and trying to cram ruby buying down our throats. It is just a crazy way to run a business!

A new concept to try would be, listen to the customers you have, fix the problems that are getting FAR WORSE on the game, and then PEOPLE WOULD BUY MORE RUBIES! You wouldn't have to cram them down our throats with 4 or 5 pop up screens and bonuses and clutter buttons all over my screen!!
    missvp82 @ usa 1
  • reiska11 (SKN1)reiska11 (SKN1) Posts: 4
    edited 10.03.2015
    Hate this update. Then again, this is what we've been getting for the past year or so. Rather than concentrating on making a quick buck, why don't you do an update which actually improves the game.

People are quitting the game in hordes and the newbies starting out do the same as soon as they realise that rather than skills, you need a very thick wallet to make it in this game. Do realise that compensating decreasing amount of players by milking more from us still hanging around isn't really a healthy business model.

Just logging into this game (and closing the dozen or so "special offers" that pop up when I do it) makes me sick.
    reiska11 @ skn 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    edited 10.03.2015
    I have to say the research stuff is ok if it benefits lower level players I am all for it, not convinced about the attack screen tho ok i will give it a bit more time as it might improve as I get used to it but first impressions are not good I am afraid, seems too small too fiddely, and more complicated than before, might be ok if you play on a 42 inch monitor but on a 14 inch laptop not great!
    Philt123 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.