Home English (UK) Players ask Players

Join the official Goodgame Discord today!

Are you looking for a community of like-minded gamers to discuss your favorite games with? Look no further than the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other gamers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow warriors from all over the world. Just head to https://discord.gg/goodgamestudios to join the fun!

Glory Equation

Jonathan7 (GB1)Jonathan7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 25
edited 15.02.2015 in Players ask Players
This has been touched on but never really thoroughly explained or discussed...

So could someone please explain what the equation is for glory as it seems far too random and odd for me.

Thank you.
Post edited by Jonathan7 (GB1) on
Jonathan7 @ en 1

Comments

• heehee3heehee3 Posts: 2,780
    edited 15.02.2015
    This has been touched on but never really thoroughly explained or discussed...

So could someone please explain what the equation is for glory as it seems far too random and odd for me.

Thank you.
    Kill lots of troops get lots of glory.
    Quit while you're ahead
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 15.02.2015
    kill troops on both your side and their side, adding to heehee's complex equation there
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

edited 15.02.2015
    ang1243 wrote: »
    kill troops on both your side and their side, adding to heehee's complex equation there
    Use lots of banners get even more glory

I have decided I overtool attacks and should use more banners, since I keep breaching on the second wave... lol @ 'top' 10 alliances.
    Quit while you're ahead
  • Jonathan7 (GB1)Jonathan7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 25
    edited 15.02.2015
    Ummm, trying to get a little more exact here...
    Jonathan7 @ en 1
  • triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 15.02.2015
    When experiment is conducted, we observe: When the combined attack power of your army meets the laterally opposed defensive power of a vaguely annoying family alliance big wig the resulting friction causes the production of glory points and heat energy. If enough heat energy is built up it results in fires in the site of the reaction (the castles of the annoying family alliance big wig), while the distribution of glory points is based on a number of environmental factors, such as the distributed of troops and tools, commander attributes and glory flags. From these observations, the following equation can be formed: fuel+glory flags
    >2(glory)+fire Does that answer the question? :P
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
  • Jonathan7 (GB1)Jonathan7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 25
    edited 15.02.2015
    :p ?( :whistling:
    Jonathan7 @ en 1
  • Lenobah (US1)Lenobah (US1) US1 Posts: 112
    edited 15.02.2015
    I believe the correct formula is E=MC420

Proud Member of REBELSUNITED
    edited 15.02.2015
    triangle wrote: »
    When experiment is conducted, we observe:
    When the combined attack power of your army meets the laterally opposed defensive power of a vaguely annoying family alliance big wig the resulting friction causes the production of glory points and heat energy. If enough heat energy is built up it results in fires in the site of the reaction (the castles of the annoying family alliance big wig), while the distributed of glory points is based on a number of environmental factors, such as the distributed of troops and tools, commander attributes and glory flags.

From these observations, the following equation can be formed:
    fuel+glory flags
    >2(glory)+fire

Does that answer the question? :P
    Truly awesome answer.
    Quit while you're ahead
    edited 15.02.2015
    Also, more guts means more glory
    Quit while you're ahead
  • Skindiacus (US1)Skindiacus (US1) Posts: 97
    edited 15.02.2015
    I'm pretty sure the amount of glory you have at the moment affects it too.
    It's probably something like (glory bonuses)(x(Dead attackers) + x(dead defenders))
    Skindiacus @ usa 1
  • px-elcapitanpx-elcapitan Posts: 576
    edited 15.02.2015
    killing stronger defenders give more glory, so it not quite 'how many defenders you killed'
    your attack units dying, gives glory to defender not to yourself.
    px-elcapitan @ au 1
    edited 15.02.2015
    killing stronger defenders give more glory, so it not quite 'how many defenders you killed'
    your attack units dying, gives glory to defender not to yourself.
    Correct. If you win two identical defences, but lose more troops in one you will get the same glory.

Likewise for attacking, glory is decided by defenders killed, however, if you lose all or most of your attackers, then the maximum amount of glory is achieved because all the attack strength has been 'used up' in combat. Sorry, I can't really think of a better way to put it.
    Quit while you're ahead
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 15.02.2015
    It's complicated. Just note that an attack of 1000 attackers that kills 2500 defenders with 100 red flags will get you around 12k glory.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file