Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

how GGE could remove multiple accounts

LordShawnLordShawn Posts: 27
It is a wide spread problem on USA1 - large alliances collect dead accounts and use them to protect power items and defend other members. This has locked the game up and ruins the gameplay.

Simple idea to remove this issue.

Make it so that every month (say around reset of event schedule).
GGS sends an activation code to the original email.
You have 2 days to use activation code sent to email, on opening screen or option, where you are asked to change your password too.
If you don't, account locks permanently, but gets protection for 2 days (just encase someone is away for 4 days, they aren't destroyed completely).

It's not perfect, but will stop those that quit the game from giving their password to alliance and having it misused. Simple and not unreasonable to play a game. Check email and resetting your password.
Post edited by LordShawn on
LordShawn @ usa 1

Comments

• heehee3heehee3 Posts: 2,780
    edited 17.01.2015
    2 days isn't much... But otherwise, that's a brilliant idea
    Quit while you're ahead
  • Kaos Reyenes (US1)Kaos Reyenes (US1) Posts: 358
    edited 17.01.2015
    Interesting idea, but the time limit needs to be longer - it's not unusual for some players to go on vacation for a week or ten days. I think there would also have to be some mechanism for getting your account reactivated - medical issues, for example, could prevent someone from accessing their account for a month or more.

This would address the shadow account issue though, and is worth consideration
    Kaos Reyenes @ usa 1
  • Monkey17179 (GB1)Monkey17179 (GB1) Posts: 1,382
    edited 17.01.2015
    What if someone is on holiday at that time with no access to internet
    Monkey-En1

• millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,513
    edited 17.01.2015
    As the CM's said many times before, GGS has not got the resources to deal with this issue. For this to actually work well without any issues, the system would need to be similar to that of the steam platform and really can't expect them to implement it as it would be very costly. GGE simply is not a big enough game to deal with multi-accounters properly.
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
    edited 17.01.2015
    Yes a email reset is a bad idea
    Monkey-En1

edited 17.01.2015
    Not to mention some don't know which email there account is on
    Monkey-En1

edited 17.01.2015
    An account lock until the owner confirms they are still playing by accessing their email WOULD be a good thing. If GGS can implement it, they should
    Quit while you're ahead
  • AWC  (US1)AWC (US1) US1 Posts: 336
    edited 17.01.2015
    What if someone is on holiday at that time with no access to internet

OR in jail awaiting bail hearing? lol
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

http://classiclit.about.com/od/mobyd...mobydickqu.htm
    edited 17.01.2015
    An account lock, not deletion would be better, whatever the case. Only way for them to have their account go bye-bye is if they ruin.

Twice a year, an email needing confirmation from original email account?
    Quit while you're ahead
  • LordShawnLordShawn Posts: 27
    edited 18.01.2015
    Good questions, but i'm not stating the account be deleted immediately, for - if the account gets locked, it would then enter the regular - to ruins and then deletion. So the account would be there for the next month or so. No different than someone just leaving the game for awhile without protection on. This would just block another person whom is sitting (which is against the rules) - to continue to do so. Either way, you must simply just access your email account and obtain it - and continue to play. There is always the option of using protection to sustain your from ruins, so doesn't limit players options to do so.

Those that don't remember what email account it's on, well - they are probably the ones creating multiple emails and multiple accounts - so i have little pity for them.

If taken further, there could always be an IP check when reactivating it to really weed out the multiples, at least with lower computer knowledge. I wouldn't advise on implementation as many will complain anyways that they lost their email. But if they do complain, then IP check could be done when resolving it so those cheating can't work around the system.

Comments surrounding how multiple accounts are used. I can assure you that most are being used in the server war - as defending with them is still using them to defeat another player. Here's the cheats being used that i'm aware of:
    Stationing troops, or attacking with
    Using them for food/resources,
    or holding OPs near power items,
    and castle positions near power items,
    Stealing RVs, OPs,
    and martyr waves
    collecting and sharing ruby tools.

You can see them everywhere - the game is so full of them. It's a simple solution and yes, still ways around it - but a step in the right direction.
    LordShawn @ usa 1
  • Belse (INT1)Belse (INT1) Posts: 16
    edited 24.01.2015
    AS long as GGE makes Money on both accounts....forget it.
  • Crusherdom (AU1)Crusherdom (AU1) Posts: 21
    edited 24.01.2015
    bad idea with the email, if you have been playing for a while, years even then its completely reasonable that you might not be using the same email account, so how do you get around that? by allowing players to change their email... but if you can change your email then people can just change their email to the person who they are "giving" their account to. So basically wont work.

The best and fairest way would be to track IP addresses, it can't be that hard for the programers to write a program that tracks IP addresses with accounts, multi account holders would log in and out of the accounts frequently, the program could detect who was moving in and out of the account and ban it. The program could easily be arranged to just show accounts with suspicious activity like two or more accounts being accessed by same IP, ignoring all the single IP address' would reduce the workload significantly.

For example
    Castle A - Accessed by ip: 1234 Number of times logged in this month:17
    Castle B - Accessed by ip: 1234 Number of times logged in this month: 24

Still not perfect due to perhaps 2 family members playing but if the same IP address comes up for 10 accounts pretty obvious and the number of times would show the main account holder.
    Crusherdom @ au 1
  • TexasCowgirl (US1)TexasCowgirl (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    edited 24.01.2015
    never work, friend of mine got a new computer, doesn't have the email he used to start game, should he lose his level 70 acct because he doesn't have access to that email?

another person I know started new, has never received any of the emails suppose to be sent from ggs, the rubies in the beginning of game etc...

another person just doesn't remember his pw

way too many complications on that idea
    Texascowgirl48P @ usa 1
  • Shafaet (INT1)Shafaet (INT1) Posts: 1,104
    edited 24.01.2015
    totally BAD IDEA, while if a person goes to vacation for one month or a week without having the access to internet then what will he do? his all money spend in his account will go into burden!!! I hope GGE NEVER EVER makes this type of rule.
    The past is a tapestry of what lies ahead
  • TexasCowgirl (US1)TexasCowgirl (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    edited 24.01.2015
    and on the IP address, lot of problems with that too.. as one of the ppl I know shares his IP with his neighbor who plays as well, I in fact have a neighbor in my apartment complex who uses my internet connection which I believe gives her the same IP?? not sure how that works here, the friend that I do know who shares it is in Canada so.. don't know

but there are multiple reasons and I'm sure ggs can track IP's now as they can ban you and they ban by IP address
    Texascowgirl48P @ usa 1
  • Shafaet (INT1)Shafaet (INT1) Posts: 1,104
    edited 24.01.2015
    never work, friend of mine got a new computer, doesn't have the email he used to start game, should he lose his level 70 acct because he doesn't have access to that email?

another person I know started new, has never received any of the emails suppose to be sent from ggs, the rubies in the beginning of game etc...

another person just doesn't remember his pw

way too many complications on that idea

totally agree with it.
    The past is a tapestry of what lies ahead
    edited 24.01.2015
    Just cause you said will be done yeah right

Everything you have suggested so far has been turned down
    Monkey-En1

• Barnacleez (US1)Barnacleez (US1) Posts: 2,833
    edited 24.01.2015
    Absolutely horrible.
    I once went offline for nearly two weeks on vacation, and by the end of that, half my friends were telling me that I was in ruins.
    Barnacleez the Avenger @ Kindle Fire 4.5.5
    [email protected] usa 1
    Contact Support here.
    Comedy is my partial life. Nerdiness is the other 99.99% of it.
    If this is a game where the player gender doesn't exist, then why does 'King' and 'Baronet' exist?
    Don't click here.
    Level: 34 Honor: 1,234
    Neutral in the server war, currently supporting TORCHERERS

edited 24.01.2015
    What do u mean?
    Monkey-En1

• Inferno Soul (US1)Inferno Soul (US1) Posts: 225
    edited 25.01.2015
    This will not stop multi-accounters at ALL.

The only thing it will stop is ghost/inactive accounts, which is not something GGE wants to do, incase the owners are, like other players said, on vacation, dealing w/ family, medical issues, etc.

It's very simple for a multi-accounter to just LOG INTO THE EMAIL AND RESET HIS PASSWORD. Seriously. ITS THAT EASY.. That's a huge-a$$ loophole everyone just cast aside, as if the multi-accounter doesn't have seperate emails that he/she can use for their several different accounts.

This suggestion does absolutely NOTHING to prevent or even hinder the use of multi-accounts; all it does it become a burden on people who live life more than they play the game.

The only way it'll work is if it was in conjunction with IP sweeps, people monitering login times/amount of times logged in within X amount of time, etc. And as we said before, this is simply too expensive.

Sorry to be the party pooper, but this has literally 0% chance of working.

Multi-accounters are multi-accounters for a reason. They have several accounts they log into. Basically, all they have to do is remember their email/passwords (write them on paper, never forget) and they'll be clear.

~Inferno of HIVE
    Inferno Soul @ usa 1

http://prntscr.com/4tinp1
    Poking holes in your logic since 11/15/2014
    shirozake wrote: »
    Excellent post, the best one I have seen in years.
    Tempus3 wrote: »
    Probably the most truthful post ever written.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file