Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Scaffolding the colossus

jamal5922jamal5922 Posts: 89
edited 17.04.2015 in Players ask Players
HI everybody as a lot of us know, the colossus is a huge morale boost to whosoever is concerned enough to take part in it's event. Here please write down any tips and tricks to get the colossus to it's fullest in the seven days the event goes on. Here's mine:
stop building
If you want a good colossus then you should stop doing quests and give your wood and stone to the colossus. It's better to get a great decorative item rather than level up seven days straight.
Post edited by jamal5922 on
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1f_PtDy-KaRnMXkS0Ml8x7fqHtocEc6ksiHDXh8kQ1Bvg7c9TKQ

Comments

• Havana D (US1)Havana D (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    edited 13.01.2015
    It depends on what level you are. If you can build parks, or castle gardens, don't participate in the colossus.
    Parks and castle gardens are 106, and 130 points respectively, and to get that on the equestrian, or colossus, would take a lot more resources than to build a park, let alone a castle garden.
    Havana D @ usa 1
  • px-elcapitanpx-elcapitan Posts: 576
    edited 13.01.2015
    Only do if you are overflowing with resources and have no research or other upgrades to do.
    px-elcapitan @ au 1
  • jamal5922jamal5922 Posts: 89
    edited 13.01.2015
    Listen guys, once you start the event(which about 20-40% of people do) you have to go all the way. I gave you this thread to give comments and tips on building the colossus. up till now, not many tips have been given. I request you to give us tips so anyone who reads this can benifit. plus if you invest a lot of resources you get a decorative item 10 timed better then parks
  • Aries (AU1)Aries (AU1) AU1 Posts: 201
    edited 13.01.2015
    if you want more res its best to loot inactive players for res and specify the type of loot you want to stone...also change you're flag symbol to a stone production one...you can also hit towers and fortresses for res as well...
    Aries - Level 70 Fearless/Widowmaker 
    Highest MP was achieved at level 63 - 313k
    I've played since 2012. 
  • doom72doom72 Posts: 220
    edited 13.01.2015
    can also ask people to send you res in your alliance if they arent doing it
    non ruby buyer of aus1 server
    lv70 archduke
    The path to Hell was paved with good intentions...
    So the path to Heaven is paved with bad intentions?...
  • Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,125
    edited 13.01.2015
    Make sure you get at least 140 PO, then you get the better statue with the sword not the little one with the spear. If you can't do that, try and make sure its at least 104 or 130 or you will end up replacing with a park or garden later. The big axe one is I think 220 plus.
    Lord Roj @ en 1
    edited 13.01.2015
    hi roj so 140 po that's great. good to know. with good statistics and a tiny bit of luck you can get to the top colossus
    edited 13.01.2015
    the top colossus (axe) requires millions of resources, requires a lot more than luck!
    Lord Roj @ en 1
    edited 13.01.2015
    Axes are cool. the axe colossus looks a lot like my buddy Sauron below
  • Aries (AU1)Aries (AU1) AU1 Posts: 201
    edited 13.01.2015
    lol i got gold horse last time donated around 50k points worth of res (i believe its from ranking..top 30)
    Aries - Level 70 Fearless/Widowmaker 
    Highest MP was achieved at level 63 - 313k
    I've played since 2012. 
  • edited 13.01.2015
    I would say don't do he colossus unless...

- you are a level 70 with all your building done on green (ice and sand as well maybe)
    [the introduction of legend builds makes this almost irrelevant though]

- you are not participating in res draining events such as the marauders or thorn king/blade coast. [note after you clear the last bridge or even before you can cover res costs wih rv's there so you can do both depending on timing]

- you are a heavy res looter 6 mill a week minimum and/or a high res producer maybe with a wood and stone op each filled with those buildings.

- your alliance is capable and willing to donate large amount of resources to your colossus.
  • neil33 (GB1)neil33 (GB1) Posts: 1,762
    edited 13.01.2015
    SwayerEon wrote: »
    I would say don't do he colossus unless...

- you are a level 70 with all your building done on green (ice and sand as well maybe)
    [the introduction of legend builds makes this almost irrelevant though]

- you are not participating in res draining events such as the marauders or thorn king/blade coast. [note after you clear the last bridge or even before you can cover res costs wih rv's there so you can do both depending on timing]

- you are a heavy res looter 6 mill a week minimum and/or a high res producer maybe with a wood and stone op each filled with those buildings.

- your alliance is capable and willing to donate large amount of resources to your colossus.

Some good points but the last one is a little, eh.

I know many people who can get a gold collosus without alliance help, just requires determination.

The main thing you HAVE to do to get a colossus worth having is LOOT!

Without loot, you may as well not enter, I managed 10 million loot last week, which isn't loads compared to the top players, but if I were to do that again this week (which I hope to) then I should be able to get one worth having, while buildings and repairing fires in my new op.

I also tend to use resources from outers only as I don't loot in green so and I have their is a reward for tools, which is rare.

The main tips have pretty much being covered, alliance help will get you higher, but it is possible without. :)

NOW LOOT! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proud member of Praetorians

SO...I get conned out of rubies and support refuse to give them back. But when a ruby player does the same as me they get them back? This to me is point blank evidence that support and GGE don't give a fuck about us non ruby buyers...

http://prntscr.com/93xafb

Still think MeepMeep is one mad patty!
  • Shafaet (INT1)Shafaet (INT1) Posts: 1,104
    edited 13.01.2015
    well if you build a colossus than you should give a lot of resources to that so that you get a colossus of 200+ PO and if you can't donate that much then do not do the colossus event because if you get a colossus of 140 you have spent resources of 50,000 stone and 50,000 wood so it makes up 100,000 resources and if you build a castle garden which takes the same space and it gives 140 PO you will need only 10,000 stone and 10,000 which is at total 20,000 resources so you can build castle garden with 80% less resources so it's senseless if you build a colossus.
    The past is a tapestry of what lies ahead
  • bobbysbrobobbysbro Posts: 1,265
    edited 13.01.2015
    They are worth it as you can get more PO than anything you could ever build
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
    edited 13.01.2015
    I would agree. looting and alliance help can easily get you to 200 no prob. you should always be ready for an event like this. be level 30+ you can get the sword colosus no problem instead of that crummy spear one. 60+ can get the axe with some effort. you just have to work out the pros and cons and you will be fineuu
  • Monkey17179 (GB1)Monkey17179 (GB1) Posts: 1,382
    edited 13.01.2015
    Collosus is only worth it if you are high levelled
    Monkey-En1

edited 13.01.2015
    not nessecerily. you can demolish the collosus if you want( i'm unsure) and get a better one later. if you do participate you can(as i said before) put some work in and come out well
  • Kyle Ludwig WuKyle Ludwig Wu Posts: 1,053
    edited 13.01.2015
    Do it only when you loot like mad lol.. cos, its not worth it if the item you finally get is less than 200, consider the res you need to put in.
    BSK-75 @ en 1

We are the Battle Sacred Kittens :D
    (for whom who really want to know the exact meaning of BSK, PM me ingame :P)
  • doom72doom72 Posts: 220
    edited 14.01.2015
    as long as it is better than 130 then its good
    dont know what you guys are talking about, but it doesnt matter how much res you spend. you only have to wait a little longer to do tings you would have done.
    look at it this way. would you do something that comes often and not do something that comes once in a while. youll get a chance to do both, yes, but for me. i see it better to do the colossus than what i would normally do. sure things like blade coast etc. pop up but you can do them if you want. i focus all my res on the colossus. partly because it gives me more po than i could ever hope to get and partly because it makes me feel good.colossus is worth it. dont let anyone tell you else. neil got most of it right. but you dont have to loot a lot to get 200+po colossus. ive done it. ive looted like 200k and got a 203po one. but you have to be like 50k res in your main each and ops and other kingdoms. so like 50k wood/stone in your ops each. 50k wood and stone in main, ewg, bs and fp. not always necessary but it helps a lot.
    non ruby buyer of aus1 server
    lv70 archduke
    The path to Hell was paved with good intentions...
    So the path to Heaven is paved with bad intentions?...
    edited 14.01.2015
    Collosus is only worth it if you are high levelled

Not true, easily the highest PO item a low lvl can build remember low lvls have no access to parks yet.
    jamal5922 wrote: »
    not nessecerily. you can demolish the collosus if you want( i'm unsure) and get a better one later. if you do participate you can(as i said before) put some work in and come out well

You can't demolish it but can put it in your store.
    Lord Roj @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file