Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion: Become a Legend

Comments

• FrozenFinn2FrozenFinn2 Posts: 3
    edited 20.11.2014
    There is quite a contradiction in the whole idea of making us use exotic resources for buildings in order to make the game more challenging, when at the same time we're flat out offered pure exp for money. What a real challenge, taking a credit card out of one's wallet...

However, I DO thank you for removing the extra resources from buildings below level 70 at least. That is definitely a step to right direction, and I'm happy we actually managed to have big enough of an outcry to be heard (whether it's because of the complaints or fewer ruby purchases, that I'm not getting into now). In future I want to see more actions taken to answer the players' feedback, and hopefully so that we needen't take such drastic measures in the process.
    FrozenFinn @ skn 1
    I don't know why I'm spending time on trying to come up with a good signature. I'll probably never even write here, thus no one will ever see this.
  • Cid DrakirCid Drakir Posts: 4
    edited 20.11.2014
    Thanks for the lost time GGE developers, lost over 2 days of game time because of this crap update. I think some compensation is in hand for this BIG mistake on YOUR part.
    Cid Drakir @ in 1
  • TarnagusTarnagus Posts: 13
    edited 20.11.2014
    Well done for the most part. You listened. Great.

I am not level 70. No where near it. So while I agree with the roll back, I still think you need to look at the damn tariff between kingdoms. Hell, lower it through research even. And you still should increase the amount of that res you are able mine per level of building. Tie it to villages again.

Otherwise, not bad.

Thanks

Tarnagus
    1st of Nulli Secundus
    Tarnagus @ usa 1
  • Doug GrohlinDoug Grohlin Posts: 6
    edited 20.11.2014
    Thanks for listening, but I'm still quitting. They knew exactly what they were doing and just hoped people would be ok with it. I'm done giving money to this now. Greedy bunch of money grabbers.
    Waterloo, I was defeated, you won the war.
  • RamSekhar1 (IN1)RamSekhar1 (IN1) Posts: 23
    edited 20.11.2014
    Thanks for the hotfix. Now why not let us allow to transfer kingdom resources and ordinary resources, both at the same time. And also would love to see if transportation costs are reduced.
    RamSekhar1 @ in 1
  • Commander55Commander55 Posts: 3
    edited 20.11.2014
    Remove the update! You've made it impossible for new players to level up unless they buy from your store.
    Commander5 @ en 1
  • kechera2727 (US1)kechera2727 (US1) Posts: 37
    edited 20.11.2014
    Ty for listening to your customers.
    kechera2727 @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • solveig (SKN1)solveig (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 25
    edited 20.11.2014
    Guys There will be no changes about the way to get more kingdom ressources, either by letting us get more at the Towers or reducing the cost of sending it.
    Ealier today, I asked here, if we should continue the boycut untill they fixed that. It has been deleted. only reason for that must be to keep us quiet now, since there were no bad languange.
    This tells me, that we have to continue
    solveig @ skn 1
  • monsta7monsta7 Posts: 3
    edited 20.11.2014
    No thanks to GGE, but massive thanks to all who protested.
    The people have spoken and made it clear that enough is enough.
    Power to the people
    monsta @ en 1
  • Alcheney (US1)Alcheney (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 20.11.2014
    Goodgame has some 220 million registered players for titles such as Shadow Kings, Empire and Big Farm. While its games are free to play on either desktops or mobile devices, the company makes its money from in-game purchases. Up to a quarter of Goodgame's employees are scientists and economists, dedicated to analyzing what players like and don't like — and consequently pay for.

There in is the problem, what the hell do you need the economists for, poll the ones playing the game to find out what we like and what we are willing to pay for.
    Alcheney @ usa 1
  • cooljoe7cooljoe7 Posts: 7
    edited 20.11.2014
    i have been reading more on the "legend update" and it seams like a nice selection of activities for level 70 players. But as i have not reached that level, i am only mired in finding ways to transport rare resources to distant OP and at considerable transportation loss; just to build, what at high levels is already a challenge when just getting the required wood and stone, regular buildings..
    i think this will end this this game for me...
    i am a level 56...

reconsider who must take on this building burden,... change this update. now!

Legends should be the only players who must take on the burden .. even then probably level 4-5 legends similar to our level progression to get to that omnipotent position of Level 70!!

cj7
    \\\\\\\\
    >>>>>==========>....Oh, wow!
    ////////cj7 @ usa 1
    ( OUR 1st Amendment guarantees The freedom of speech, in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!!)
  • Nelli32Nelli32 Posts: 2
    edited 20.11.2014
    Thanks to all of my fellow gamers who posted their opinions here GGE have realised the error of their ways and rolled back on the "update" Well done all :D
    Nelli3 @ en 1
  • JayB3JayB3 Posts: 6
    edited 20.11.2014
    Hotfix was a good solution. Roll back the requirements for current buildings, and make kingdom resources required for those NEW 70+ buildings.
    JayB @ usa 1
  • HeroMatt42HeroMatt42 Posts: 16
    edited 20.11.2014
    reduce the transportation cost of resources to other places with glass charcoal and oil
    HeroMatt42 @ usa 1
  • donzano (AU1)donzano (AU1) Posts: 30
    edited 20.11.2014
    The battle is over, but the war is not won. Take down the option to buy experience points. Fix the problem with the tax on transport of resources, or delete the need to transport resources from other kingdoms for ALL levels, including level 70. Keep the flags flying and maintain the rage. GGE only listened to us because of the actions that were taken by the players. Keep it up. All they have done is throw us a bone. Now they wait for us to wag our tails.
    donzano @ au 1
  • kashi3kashi3 Posts: 201
    edited 20.11.2014
    we didn't get much. GGE got what they wanted all along: big ruby buyers having more incentives to spend more by buying rezzies and XPs

average ruby buyers, the majority of GGE's customers, have tariffs to deal with when sending special rezzies to Green

Iron mine production is a joke when you look at the requirements for higher level legend buildings

Overall: update represents merely incentives to get people to buy more rubies.

GGE won in this protest. Not we.

I would not be surprised if GGE knew all along that most players would be outraged at special rezzies for lower levels and repairs
    It was thus easy for them to relent there and give impression of having listened

Mass Psychology :/
    kashi @ usa 1
  • HawkKnight1 (US1)HawkKnight1 (US1) US1 Posts: 93
    edited 20.11.2014
    I have a friend that is level 70 and trying to work on the Legendary level 1. He said:
    Resource production is too low in those outer worlds. he will have to remove PO items or demolish Guardhouses to make room for more resource buildings.
    That is not the only problem he is facing. You can only send from one area to green at a time with the fee of transport costs cutting the amount to get those items to green to 1/3 of what he sends. To make one of the beginning builds he has to wait 2-3 days to produce enough then transport from each area. Luckily he has researched the time to transport items to 1 1/2 hours. But still 1 1/2 hours for each item required for beginning buildings. That does not include having to then transport the items to his OP's which costs coins. The cost of transport does not make it worth it in the long run.

On a side note since players that are lower levels can now transport these items once they start producing them they should have their Op's full by the time they hit level 70 for the most part. Except for probably the glass from fire. Which takes forever to build.

All in all not a bad update for level 70's for legendary levels minus being able to buy experience now. Just reduce the costs of sending the resources over it will help the level 70's be able to start getting those levels over time. The cost of the buildings will take long enough without the added costs of transporting them over due to the lower production rate as well as using them for items from the villages in each kingdom.
    HawkKnight1 @ usa 1
  • JP53JP53 Posts: 54
    edited 20.11.2014
    kashi3 wrote: »
    we didn't get much. GGE got what they wanted all along: big ruby buyers having more incentives to spend more by buying rezzies and XPs

average ruby buyers, the majority of GGE's customers, have tariffs to deal with when sending special rezzies to Green

Iron mine production is a joke when you look at the requirements for higher level legend buildings

Overall: update represents merely incentives to get people to buy more rubies.

GGE won in this protest. Not we.

I would not be surprised if GGE knew all along that most players would be outraged at special rezzies for lower levels and repairs
    It was thus easy for them to relent there and give impression of having listened

Mass Psychology :/

I agree with your conclusion, those who think we won will be back on this battleground again, we have not won anything but a diversionary skirmish launched by GGE while their main force pushed through changes that they had always intended to impose. The cost of playing has gone up.
    JP53 @ en 1
  • donzano (AU1)donzano (AU1) Posts: 30
    edited 20.11.2014
    Steve, if you are listening to us then please understand, some things should not be able to be bought. One of those things is experience. To be able to buy your way to the top is already a contentious issue, but to be able to buy your experience points makes a mockery of all that this game is about.
    donzano @ au 1
  • Alin (INT2)Alin (INT2) INT2 Posts: 8
    edited 20.11.2014
    as always GGE continue to make jokes on us(((

they think we are kids happy that we got 1 candy(

at least till the costs to ship resources from 1 world to other will not be excluded or at least hardly reduced and we will not get the option to send em faster and all together + some new buildings costs and production will not be reviewed we won nothing!!!! and GGE are just kiding us((
    StrongCOSTI0 @ WWW 2
Sign In to comment.