Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The Trajectory of the Goodgame Protests and Petitions

StarForward2StarForward2 Posts: 24
What does it mean to protest?

-You make your voice heard loud and clear on the forums/facebook/support pages, and make sure- NO goddamn sugarcoating.

-No buying rubies, kingdom resources, or anything of the sort. Remember, each one of GGS's paychecks come from OUR pockets. If we give nothing from OUR pockets, GGS has nothing.

-Change the color of your flag to pink or red to give moral support to the protest movement. We have great advocates and many anti-update activists that reach out and support protestors. We will form a tight-knitted group that will make sure will get what it wants.

-Reach out. Reach out to neighbors, alliance members, and real life acquaintances. Spread the word of our movement. The more unrest and boycott, the lower the ratings of Goodgame Empire become, and therefore, the paychecks of the administrators, moderators, and developers plummet. Hurray!

Future?

There is all the chance that Goodgame Studios will blatantly ignore the unrest and continue to bombard us with their crappy promotions and advertisements. I was once playing Pandora, and a GGS advertisement came up! Beggars! Anyways... If GGS ignores us, we have to realize that we cannot fight with pigs. If we do so, we will get ourselves dirty.

There are numerous amazing games out there that I will start to try out. There is Forge of Empires, Game of War, Strategem, Clash of Clans, and so much more. I do urge many of you that have doubts about this game to simply shut down your account and devote your time to another game with a support system that actually cares about its capital- not a support system that conspicuously begs in the streets of the internet and puts out updates that try to leech the last of your money before chucking you out of their systems.

Seriously, think about this! They grab a player with advertisements, they get him or her to play for a while, and suddenly, at level 25, they will need kingdom resources to advance! They will pay out their pockets, and one day, they will realize- oh goodness! I've been played! Then, they will rage on the forums, say that "the protestors that protested the day that the update came out were right," and then they will quit the game. Their money has been leeched by "our" support.

This is not a pay-to-play game. It is free. Many of us don't want to pay out our wallets to progress. We pay for our fun in the game by giving good ratings and spreading the word. As neither of this will happen if the update is not repealed, Goodgame Empire, is, in effect, screwed.

Pardon my french, but... Get your shit together, GGS...!

Summary

To the Players- Protest, my friends, but in the likely situation that you realize you are protesting to a wall, leave the game, and find something worth your while.

To Goodgame Studios- A five year old could understand this- People angry = people not happy. People not happy = No Bling $. You want the bling, but we are withholding the bling from you. You downgrade our game...

WE downgrade YOUR paychecks.

-StarForward
Post edited by StarForward2 on
StarForward @ usa 1

Comments

• Asanoah KyaAsanoah Kya Posts: 7
    edited 20.11.2014
    Fabulous! Simply magnificient! This is a brilliantly written piece! Well done, hats of to you! I agree fully!
    Asanoah Kya @ usa 1
  • Asanoah KyaAsanoah Kya Posts: 7
    edited 20.11.2014
    I will keep bumping this so GGS and the Goodgame public can see your voice and opinions
    Asanoah Kya @ usa 1
  • Dolphin938Dolphin938 Posts: 7
    edited 20.11.2014
    Well said, I love your posts
    Dolphin938 @ usa 1
  • Nambala (AU1)Nambala (AU1) AU1 Posts: 174
    edited 20.11.2014
    Well said again. I am currently trying out Forge of Empires. I don't want to try them all, so would appreciate reading here of others' opinions. I'm withholding mine on FoE until I've tried it (only started a couple of hours ago). Others suggested Sparta: War of Empires as well, so might have a look at that before settling on something.

I do agree though, that the unfortunate but likely result of all of this is that we've done our dough with Empire and simply have to start afresh elsewhere. As far as I can see, there has been no comment at all from the moderators since the silly "hotfix", so it really doesn't seem as tho GGS gives a flying about us and our protests. Just wish I hadn't stocked up on rubies only the day before the stupid "update". Hmph.
    Nambala @ au 1
  • Dolphin938Dolphin938 Posts: 7
    edited 20.11.2014
    They may still repeal. They are usually on overnight. I'm still going to send lots of letters
    Dolphin938 @ usa 1
  • lazerjet1985lazerjet1985 Posts: 4
    edited 20.11.2014
    I dont think they are smart enough to know that people are still VERY serious about leaving the game, however myself and the rest of my alliance is hoping that they figure it out and reverse this. Until then all of us are just wasting time doing things like attacking RB's. But we wont sit like this for long. I hear forge of empires is good.
    lazerjet1985 @ usa 1
  • Cyclone14 (INT1)Cyclone14 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11,909
    edited 20.11.2014
    Empire, at the moment, is like a plane, set afire, on an endless, downward spiral. With all these boycotts, the only advice I could give you would be to move your alliance or group to another game before you lose contact when GGS does something drastic, or Empire is simply gone.

I know I'll be making a website.
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

One of the old-timers, long since departed from this land — my inbox, however, remains open!
  • omya2omya2 Posts: 43
    edited 20.11.2014
    yes new update is really bad
    omya @ india1
  • kechera2727 (US1)kechera2727 (US1) Posts: 37
    edited 20.11.2014
    I will not buy a single ruby until all buildings below level 70 are back to the way they were just wood & stone.
    kechera2727 @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,513
    edited 20.11.2014
    gge time to listen for once :/
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • steve1010101 (AU1)steve1010101 (AU1) Posts: 12
    edited 20.11.2014
    bumped again because it is true.
    steve1010101 @ au 1
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 20.11.2014
    I am finished with the micromanagement tricks games. no more real cash for fake currency and I am tired of the "ant-farm" kind of games.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

No longer liking GGS games.

To Captain Dunsel!
  • keep excaliburkeep excalibur Posts: 155
    edited 20.11.2014
    damn right im quitting on 15th of december glad i havnt spent rubies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    everything is awesome
    except gge with there recent greedy updates
    but for gge everything is awesome, when there are more levels to a bakeryyy
    everything is awesome when buildings need chracoal!
    just my song about gge
    i am Baron Keep excalibur in international cor ords: 921 697 i have 1864 honour im level 15 and im a proud member of 300 Order
  • keep excaliburkeep excalibur Posts: 155
    edited 20.11.2014
    soon in a few months time everybody will say "gge, aint nobody got time for dat!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    everything is awesome
    except gge with there recent greedy updates
    but for gge everything is awesome, when there are more levels to a bakeryyy
    everything is awesome when buildings need chracoal!
    just my song about gge
    i am Baron Keep excalibur in international cor ords: 921 697 i have 1864 honour im level 15 and im a proud member of 300 Order
  • Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,647
    edited 20.11.2014
    Great Post. 100./10.0

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• BRich (GB1)BRich (GB1) GB1 Posts: 26
    edited 20.11.2014
    Well said - if I was on the board of this company I would fire the CEO instantly for such an blunder. They say that bad advertisement is better than none - but bad experience of people doesnt go away and lingers long. My feeling is they have shot one foot of and the other will go within hours, even if they fix this.
    Whats good is that if the game survives their every change, update or attempt to get more money out us, the players, will be hugely critiziced by an ever growing number of people here in the Forums.
    BRich @ en 1
  • DarbosDarbos Posts: 11
    edited 20.11.2014
    Very well written peice and spot on...I am putting my name on all petitions, posts, comments etc in support of reversing this ridiculous update. I shall also start looking at other games and if this is not fixed within a couple of weeks then sadly, I will also be one of those voting with my feet.
    Darbos @ en 1
  • Caman (US1)Caman (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    edited 20.11.2014
    [COLOR="#FF0000"I FLY red no rubies

Change it back!!!!][/COLOR]
    Caman @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file