Home English (UK) Players ask Players

Join the official Goodgame Discord today!

Are you looking for a community of like-minded gamers to discuss your favorite games with? Look no further than the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other gamers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow warriors from all over the world. Just head to https://discord.gg/goodgamestudios to join the fun!

Help please

cj999 (GB1)cj999 (GB1) Posts: 13
edited 29.03.2015 in Players ask Players
Hi All,
Hope you are well.

I am a newbie been playing about 2 weeks.

I joined an alliance to feel safe/make friends on here/get a bit of a head start etc.

I found out earlier today that I am now the alliance leader, this is down to people dropping out, becoming inactive and as a real newbie I am stumped as to what an alliance leader does/needs to do/can do etc.

I am only level 13 and a baronet so still getting to grips with the game.

Any help, advice, hints or tips about being a leader would be most appreciated

Thank you
With Regards

CJ
Post edited by cj999 (GB1) on

Comments

• Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 17.11.2014
    Because your smaller, I would suggest attempting to make friends with the larger alliances around you. That way, if you get picked on or farmed by bigger players, you can get help if you need it.

Also, start searching for trustworthy players that you can put into positions of power in your alliance. I've been a leader before, and a team of helpers all working towards building the alliance is what makes it strong, and it relieves you of all the mundane and repetitive work you would need to do.

Additionally, find a player that you really trust, and make him/her your second in command. Having someone who can take over when your not around is really important, but make sure this person will not take the crown and run when you give it to him or her. A player like this will take a while to find (in most cases) but is essential to a strong alliance. Don't get discouraged if you don't find one right away, someone like this is worth waiting for.

Really though, you just need to persevere, above all else. Don't get discouraged if things don't go well at first, with a bit of work and help, you'll be able to build a nice health, strong alliance. And remember to set down rules in your alliance that your members must follow. This will help keep things nice and orderly.

If you need any specific advice, just say, and I or someone else will tell you all I/they can. Good luck. :)
  • Cho Gath (GB1)Cho Gath (GB1) Posts: 670
    edited 17.11.2014
    Find another alliance.Players with 6 months expirience are far away from being OK leaders,so you with 2 weeks just cant be leader mate :(

I found your castle on UK server,if you want I can recommend you or even let you in alliances that can be great start for you.

You now need to learn a lot not lead alliance it will slow you down...
    edited 17.11.2014
    Cho Gath wrote: »
    Find another alliance.Players with 6 months expirience are far away from being OK leaders,so you with 2 weeks just cant be leader mate :(

I found your castle on UK server,if you want I can recommend you or even let you in alliances that can be great start for you.

You now need to learn a lot not lead alliance it will slow you down...

I don't think I agree with you. I became a successful leader at one month of experience, I think he can do just fine with a little advice and a bit of help.
  • cj999 (GB1)cj999 (GB1) Posts: 13
    edited 17.11.2014
    Hi Aidan & Cho,
    Thanks very much for this info, most appreciated.

Being an ultra newbie, I have a couple of q's from your posts (sorry if they are simple)

1=You say being farmed, what does that mean?
    2=What work would I need to do as an alliance leader?
    3=What rules would you suggest implementing as leader?

Thanks Guys
    Dave
    edited 17.11.2014
    cj9992 wrote: »
    Hi Aidan & Cho,
    Thanks very much for this info, most appreciated.

Being an ultra newbie, I have a couple of q's from your posts (sorry if they are simple)

1=You say being farmed, what does that mean?
    2=What work would I need to do as an alliance leader?
    3=What rules would you suggest implementing as leader?

Thanks Guys
    Dave

1.) Repetitive hitting for the purpose of looting resources is known as 'Farming'. Basically, you act as a farm for a player. You produce resources and he/she 'farms' you and carries them away.
    2.) Major diplomacy decisions; final say on who joins/gets kicked out; authority to punish members who do not follow your rules; deciding to go to war/end war; male sure the alliance runs smoothly; keep an eye on disruptive members and kick the, out if need be, etc.
    3.) A code of conduct between players; attacking limits; conduct limits towards other players; rules/exception to rules during war; member power boundaries (what to upgrade, what not to upgrade, who to accept into the alliance, etc.); and any other basic rules. It doesn't need to be too extensive.
    edited 18.11.2014
    Thanks Aidan
    I am going to give it a try, and see how it goes.
    Wish me luck

Regards
    Dave aka CJ
    edited 18.11.2014
    cj9992 wrote: »
    Thanks Aidan
    I am going to give it a try, and see how it goes.
    Wish me luck

Regards
    Dave aka CJ

No problem, happy to help. If you need any more help, feel free to send me a forum PM or something. Always willing to answer a question. :)
  • Diggle2Diggle2 Posts: 8
    edited 18.11.2014
    Hello

Well most important if you would like your allaince active you must be active and friendly with your members.

Also look for new members to join get as much as you can once their inactive boot them and get new ones in :)

Once your stronger get subs to start a family and also start a branch with an allaince thats stronger or same as your own allaince.

If you like your allaince strong in the future you will have to buy rubies to increase members, support, loot, etc.
  • Colpin Cathar (US1)Colpin Cathar (US1) Posts: 195
    edited 18.11.2014
    If I might make a suggestion for you, to add to what Aidan was saying about code of conduct. As the leader of my alliance on USA1, I found it useful to post our "Rules of Engagement" to the posting board of our chat window. Granted I could only put 2 points per message in that thread, but it was worth it so this way every alliance member can look up your alliance rules right there in game. Our code of conduct covers how often one can attack another player, what the criteria are for attacking, etiquette for NAAs (Non-Aggression Agreements) and so on.

Also, some alliances require a membership fee donated to the alliances funds every week (personally, I would rather the members level up themselves so they can provide better support capabilities) but that is your choice. Also some alliance actively recruit ruby players so as to get more rubies in the alliance coffers. Just some things to thinks about. Good luck.
    edited 18.11.2014
    Thanks Guys
    Will try and include as much of this advice as possible going forward
    Most appreciated

CJ
    edited 18.11.2014
    Yes, like Colpin said, you should probably post the alliance rules in the alliance forum or on the announcement board. It can get confusing when no one can see the rules, and they should be in a convenient place so you can point them out quickly and easily if someone breaks one.
  • frumpy2frumpy2 Posts: 1
    edited 29.03.2015
    contact player frumpy in game
  • Akhil50 (IN1)Akhil50 (IN1) Posts: 4,347
    edited 29.03.2015
    Thanks for bumping a 5 month old thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file