Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion: Become a Legend

Comments

• CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 17.11.2014
    Howdy folks,

I see you've got a lot of questions! Good to see you guys are excited! I'll try and answer your questions:
    Graylen wrote: »
    Hey Steve

I must admit this is a unique approach from GGS that I didn't expect. I was - honestly - expecting some form of Ruby whale approach has been the case with almost every change in the last 12 months. That said, I have a few queries:

Buildings unlocked based on Legend Level - what is required to gain a Legend level - you mention experience - I find that a little undescriptive. Some details would be awesome

Gray

Experience! There will be new quests, and the standard methods of gaining experience that exist now that will contribute towards your Legend level. Basically, once you hit 70, your experience gains will go into the Legend levels instead.
    killdavies wrote: »

How will the iron ore work exactly will we be able to produce it in our outposts or only our main castles?

Also its kind of a turn around if iron ore is only made in green where you get your first castle but you cant produce it till level 70 :/

Iron Ore will be another resource like all the others, but you can only produce it in your Main Castle. It works just like the other Kingdom resources.
    Cho Gath wrote: »
    Well update sounds OK,but does not changes almost anything.I just hope 'Legend' levels wont somehow make level 70`s a lot more stronger then others.

Only one question,you said we can transfer olive oil,charcoal etc. to other realms but are we going to have any option to spend those resources in other kingdoms?For example,if I move charcoal to green (Great Empire) am I going to be able to buy wolves there?

(Sorry if you explaind it already and I missed it)

Nope, you can still only purchase the resource based rewards from the specific kingdom they come from.
    MrKenneth2 wrote: »
    To everyone in GGS whom it may concern

I think it is time to understand that there are many nice girls participating this game.
    Please, honor them to be Queens etc. instead of Kings.
    It should be rather easy to let everyone declare there sex/gender.

Yours
    MrKenneth

Thanks for the suggestion! I can completely understand this, and I'll forward it on to the team, however please bear in mind that this would require a massive rework of a lot of the games systems and quests. As I said, i'll talk to the team about it again though :)
    mitwah wrote: »
    Finally some exciting & some innovative ideas are coming from GGE. But many questions to be answered like whats use of transferring charcoals & Oils etc. to other kingdoms. Also will legends able to attack lower level 51-69 for glories?? & yep will after level 70 this game becomes rubies only ????

The other kingdoms resources will be required for buildings in each Kingdom, so transferring them will be key. There will be no change to the Glory or Honor these players receive from attacks, as they are still classed as Level 70 players.
    The question we have all been asking ourselves:
    Once a player becomes legendary: can my commander wear him as a hat?

Ten Gallon or Fez?
    will we be able to expand castles in green farther to fit in the new iron buildings or do i need to get rid of some of the dec items i have ?

There will be no castle expansion slots, but you will be able to destroy your old Farmhouses and so on to make way for the new ones.
    enick98 wrote: »
    Since there are Going to be new buildings, with new levels, Is there going to be an expansion to the storehouse also so maybe for instance the new levels can have storage for 100,000 resources instead of 81,000 so that way it will actually be possible for them to be able to hold enough resources to actually upgrade the new buildings. also will we be able to use the iron ore towards the colossus?

There are no plans for the storehouse to be upgraded just yet. Iron Ore will not be able to be used with the Colossus event yet, but may be in the future.
    nathan372 wrote: »
    Sounds cool, but some detail on what youu can use the kingdom resources for if you ship them. also, what could iron ore be used for? Im guessing its going to be needed to build some of those new level 70 buildings?

Absolutely! Iron Ore, aswell as the other kingdoms resources, will be required to build certain buildings.

SJain wrote: »
    1. will we able to produce iron ore in outposts
    2. Is there some sort of villager from which we can trade iron ore
    3. will this update affect the victory column achievement

these are my questions.

1) Nope, just the main castle.
    2) No plans for this right now.
    3) I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here, could you please explain?
    jrnedraw wrote: »
    Are you going to lose legend points like we do glory? Or can we actually keep the points we make?

You keep 'em! Just like any experience :)
    Terth wrote: »
    How will the new production buildings for wood/stone work with the current limits on the number of 100% resource buildings? Will they be separate or will it be 3 max of both at 100%, how will % be determined between old and new resource buildings?

The higher level buildings get the highest priority. Let's say you have some woodcutters leveled 10,9,8 and 7.

10-8 will have 100% production, now you build a legendary one, which means this one will get 100% and also the 10 and 9. The level 8 will get 75 percent and so on.
    enick98 wrote: »
    Will we be able to ship aquamarine from storm to the other kingdoms as well so it doesn't get lost in the moon storm because I know low level players like myself have a hard time getting it there maybe a couple thousand a month SO it would be really benefitial to be able to ship that to other kingdoms.

Nope! Aquamarine can only be used in the Storm Islands, and the event is supposed to be a competition, so we don't want to make it ridiculously easy to get the rewards, sorry.
    risesheena wrote: »
    What will be the cost to transfer the resources from other worlds?

Interesting updates in the words, but not concrete information to gauge what the update will give to you or what will be cost involved. For most parts some of these building updates are going to be ruby based.. so needs to see how much of these updates are going to benefit the normal players (small to no ruby purchase players). Will wait for the update to come out.

The resource transfer costs will be the same as they are for the other Kingdoms currently.

TheCatGod wrote: »
    Great update, but here's my only concern:

Most, if not all, level 70s have their castles fully built up. Where will level 70s add new buildings? Will there be new expansions?

No new expansions, but you can always remove your old, less productive buildings for the new ones.
    Anthony775 wrote: »
    What will be the incentive to move resources about?

To be able to build! You'll need the resources from the other Kingdoms to build in the future.

Hope this clears a lot of your concerns up guys, keep asking if you have any more!

Regards,

Steve.
  • Barca (INT2)Barca (INT2) Posts: 35
    edited 17.11.2014
    The good news is that this update will not require any additional rubies.

JUST KIDDING
    Because Fair Play is the only way
    NoblemanBob @ WWW 2
  • zeque (SKN1)zeque (SKN1) Posts: 97
    edited 17.11.2014
    Wow, the transfer fee remains the same.. Riiiight. It will be very VERY slow to build anything. Try to transfer 81k of wood/stone from fire to green and oops, you just lost 50-55k due to transfer cost. And knowing GG the need for other world res in building at your main will be astronomical.

-Z
    zeque @ skn 1
  • Cedric the Red (US1)Cedric the Red (US1) US1 Posts: 268
    edited 17.11.2014
    Onslaught2 wrote: »
    Will the lv70's get honor/glory ftom atacking lv 50-69? Thats what i'm worried about... them becoming really good and wrecking the lives of lv 50-69.

Why would they not? So you want it so that we can attack only other levels 70's? We get honor and glory now for attacking 50-69, so why should that be different? Although personally I usually only go 10 levels below myself so 50-59's you are safe from me unless you attack me first.

And BTW, there are a lot of level 50-59's and some even lower who attack 70's so why shouldn't we be able to attack you?
    Cedric the Red - TMK WarKings @ usa 1
    I am against the majority of updates made starting with the update that included the Auto-War Declaration, the Tribute Demands, Open Gate Looting of Resources, and Increased Construction Time for Building New, or Upgrading Existing Ruby Buildings. Please revoke and give us back our strategy game.

• Cedric the Red (US1)Cedric the Red (US1) US1 Posts: 268
    edited 17.11.2014
    It was mentioned that this update would be put in in several installments. Any idea when the first part of the update can be expected?
    Cedric the Red - TMK WarKings @ usa 1
    I am against the majority of updates made starting with the update that included the Auto-War Declaration, the Tribute Demands, Open Gate Looting of Resources, and Increased Construction Time for Building New, or Upgrading Existing Ruby Buildings. Please revoke and give us back our strategy game.

• Anthony775Anthony775 Posts: 27
    edited 17.11.2014
    how will the level 69s not get completely destroyed by the 'legendary' level 70s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    EN1
  • Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) US1 Posts: 837
    edited 17.11.2014
    dreamtree wrote: »
    Even a non ruby buyer could get Lv 3 bakery with effort, now it takes a lot longer to earn a Lv 6 bakery. The change hurt non ruby buyers...

Absolutely agree, 10/10, but duh!! That's exactly GGS intention.
  • YKRAÏHA (US1)YKRAÏHA (US1) Posts: 196
    edited 17.11.2014
    :-)

Please read my story- https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/102021/life-as-we-knew-it/p1
    New event: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/112274/event-the-rising-sun
    Glory is forever!
    (or at the rate of -2.5% a day, whichever comes sooner)
    George Washington: Didn't he fight the Russians at Pearl Harbor?
     Abraham Lincoln: Wasn't he the Prime Minister of the Confederacy?
    Richard Nixon: Wasn't he a Chinese hacker?
    Obama: Isn't he a rapper?
  • Cyclone14 (INT1)Cyclone14 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11,909
    edited 17.11.2014
    MrKenneth2 wrote:
    o everyone in GGS whom it may concern

I think it is time to understand that there are many nice girls participating this game.
    Please, honor them to be Queens etc. instead of Kings.
    It should be rather easy to let everyone declare there sex/gender.

Yours
    MrKenneth
    Thanks for the suggestion! I can completely understand this, and I'll forward it on to the team, however please bear in mind that this would require a massive rework of a lot of the games systems and quests. As I said, i'll talk to the team about it again though

I believe the reason his has not happened already is due to some obscure German law . . . Though that may be the law that states why we can't have children in Empire. Regardless, GGS has stated many times this won't happen. It'd take some damn good reasoning to change their minds.
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

One of the old-timers, long since departed from this land — my inbox, however, remains open!
  • edited 17.11.2014
    "Legend experience points are obtained in the same way as ordinary experience is: by attacks, the construction of buildings or quests."

Is this ment to hurt the current level 70s? This seems like another repeat of lvl 60 players being told that's it, then an introduction of 10 more levels, players that were going into a new world or just becoming 60s were at a much greater advantage as the experience points were available and players that had completed xp above the limit at the time were in no way credited for what they had complete.

I am not sure this makes a lot of sense to me... Many lvl 70 players have little to no book quest left to do. This next 500 levels is going to be even harder for us because we have not got all the xp points for things completed above the current limit. Are we going to get any of it or is it going to be a repeat of the lvl 60s that were out of luck?

I understand the update says it will give you new things to build, but a balance needs to be available to compensate for po. The main castle is the hardest of all castles to maintain po as it is. To gain this new resource am I giving up 5-10% po to build these new buildings, how much are we dropping our food for a resource? What reward or benefit is this resource have? I assume my troops can't eat it, so what does it do for my game?

I guess until we know more about how it will actually benefit us (say more food), when and how much for what then we are all just suck waiting.
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 18.11.2014
    genxfem4 wrote: »
    "Legend experience points are obtained in the same way as ordinary experience is: by attacks, the construction of buildings or quests."

Is this ment to hurt the current level 70s? This seems like another repeat of lvl 60 players being told that's it, then an introduction of 10 more levels, players that were going into a new world or just becoming 60s were at a much greater advantage as the experience points were available and players that had completed xp above the limit at the time were in no way credited for what they had complete.

I am not sure this makes a lot of sense to me... Many lvl 70 players have little to no book quest left to do. This next 500 levels is going to be even harder for us because we have not got all the xp points for things completed above the current limit. Are we going to get any of it or is it going to be a repeat of the lvl 60s that were out of luck?

I understand the update says it will give you new things to build, but a balance needs to be available to compensate for po. The main castle is the hardest of all castles to maintain po as it is. To gain this new resource am I giving up 5-10% po to build these new buildings, how much are we dropping our food for a resource? What reward or benefit is this resource have? I assume my troops can't eat it, so what does it do for my game?

I guess until we know more about how it will actually benefit us (say more food), when and how much for what then we are all just suck waiting.

You raise a lot of valid points but "there are always new quests and they cant run out anymore."
    I think we'll have plenty of exp quests... I would like to be credited for the quests I completed after I became lv 70 though...
    How would you solve the PO problem in the main castle?
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• enick98 (US1)enick98 (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 18.11.2014
    genxfem4 wrote: »

well the more food thing can probably be solved by this
    The Stonemason, Flour Mill and Sawmill will get new levels.
    enick98 @ USA1
    "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" Some famous person had to have quoted this sometime in the past.
  • Numenorian (US1)Numenorian (US1) Posts: 33
    edited 18.11.2014
    Incredible. I got a long way to go :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Numenorian @ usa 1 Proud leader of Swiss Guard

Independent to the core

Babayum

Weoutcha
  • KingMcNuggetKingMcNugget Posts: 1,079
    edited 18.11.2014
    zeque2 wrote: »
    Wow, the transfer fee remains the same.. Riiiight. It will be very VERY slow to build anything. Try to transfer 81k of wood/stone from fire to green and oops, you just lost 50-55k due to transfer cost. And knowing GG the need for other world res in building at your main will be astronomical.

-Z

I agree.

For example

A person makes 320 charcoal per hour and has recently spent it down to a total of 7,000. The player wants to get 81,000 charcoal to send over to the green kingdom to build a new wood cutter that cost 25,000 stone, 23,000 wood and 47,000 charcoal. At 320 per hour and a starting total of 7,000 charcoal it'll take 231.25 hours (9.6 days) to fill the storage to 81,000. So that player waited 9.6 days to get all that charcoal. Now the player sends 81,000 charcoal to the Great empire kingdom so that he may build the new wood cutter, I have discovered that the travel costs are 70%. So 81,000 X .7= 56,700 charcoal TAKEN AWAY. So now 81,000-56,700= 24,300 charcoal sent to the Great Empire kingdom. Is THAT ENOUGH TO BUILD THE NEW BUILDING! No, so now the player has to wait for the charcoal to be produced a couple days again. Now the charcoal is back down to 0. The player needs 22,700 more charcoal to build the new building. SO THEN, the player waits 9.6+(Since there was no starting amount of 7,000)more days to fill the storage to 81,000, sends some over to the great empire 24,300 more charcoal gets sent to the previous 24,300 to make a total of 48,600 charcoal. After 19.2 days the player can now build his 1 new building. (The 19.2+ (Since again there was no 7,000 starting charcoal again)( days does not include the time it takes to build the building :P)

Is this correct CM managers and peeps? hm?
    " This isn't the tale of the great Pharaoh.Everyone has his own story. This story may be ending, but my story is just beginning."
    negative.jpg?w=300&h=168
    OOGA BOOGA!
    KingMcNugget level [email protected] Int2
    McNugget :D level 46 @ USA1
  • Bobgamer597Bobgamer597 Posts: 30
    edited 18.11.2014
    For the question of am i sacrificing PO for iron mines, you are getting new buildings that produce more resources than the old ones, therefor PO affects these buildings more... so if you have a lvl 10 farmhouse right now and have 3000 Po you should be producing around 289.5 food per hour for just one of them. Now the update comes out and the new farm house makes 98 food per hour but you sacrifice 100 PO to give you 2900 you would now produce around 294 per hour even with the reduced PO, that why they added the new farms and stuff, so you could have iron mines without sacrificing resource production. NOTE: these numbers are not exact but are close. Please correct me if im wrong.
    Bobgamer597 @ usa 1 proud member of Rebelsunited
  • Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,116
    edited 18.11.2014
    I agree.

For example

A person makes 320 charcoal per hour and has recently spent it down to a total of 7,000. The player wants to get 81,000 charcoal to send over to the green kingdom to build a new wood cutter that cost 25,000 stone, 23,000 wood and 47,000 charcoal. At 320 per hour and a starting total of 7,000 charcoal it'll take 231.25 hours (9.6 days) to fill the storage to 81,000. So that player waited 9.6 days to get all that charcoal. Now the player sends 81,000 charcoal to the Great empire kingdom so that he may build the new wood cutter, I have discovered that the travel costs are 70%. So 81,000 X .7= 56,700 charcoal TAKEN AWAY. So now 81,000-56,700= 24,300 charcoal sent to the Great Empire kingdom. Is THAT ENOUGH TO BUILD THE NEW BUILDING! No, so now the player has to wait for the charcoal to be produced a couple days again. Now the charcoal is back down to 0. The player needs 22,700 more charcoal to build the new building. SO THEN, the player waits 9.6+(Since there was no starting amount of 7,000)more days to fill the storage to 81,000, sends some over to the great empire 24,300 more charcoal gets sent to the previous 24,300 to make a total of 48,600 charcoal. After 19.2 days the player can now build his 1 new building. (The 19.2+ (Since again there was no 7,000 starting charcoal again)( days does not include the time it takes to build the building :P)

Is this correct CM managers and peeps? hm?

You are probably right, but they don't want the new levels to be obtained in a couple of weeks. Also you can always loot more, coal won't be the problem, that will be glass, many lvl 70s have not entered fire yet.
    Lord Roj @ en 1
  • sax225 (INT1)sax225 (INT1) Posts: 32
    edited 18.11.2014
    see no update yet
    sax225 in INT. 1
    ;)
  • roeland333roeland333 Posts: 107
    edited 18.11.2014
    this new update will bring more war in the worlds; ice,sand and fire...for looting....
    thats all.
    roeland333 @ nl 1
  • DashO (NL1)DashO (NL1) Posts: 114
    edited 18.11.2014
    Well done GGE, I was attacked in both my main castle and ice. Which is completely fine. But now I need glass, oliveoil and charcoil to repair my buildings. And the most brilliant thing about it is that I can't/don't produce glass yet.

I hope this is a bug.

http://gyazo.com/11d7461d15077c70611416815f92731c
    DashO @ nl 1 <3
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 18.11.2014
    even fire repairs need the outland resources to fix
    so, i assume pre-lvl 25 you can build/repair with just wood and stone, but now i need about 4 resource to level/repair as the new update is active, and my fires now cost wood/stone/coal/oil. now i need to ship to build/repair sheesh, more time lost shipping stuff if you don't have the rubies to burn on insta-shipping
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

No longer liking GGS games.

To Captain Dunsel!
Sign In to comment.