New players

BrisgardBrisgard Posts: 109
Could you at least give us 12 hours before you replace a ruin with a new player? I need to move next to my outpost but before the player ruins were even gone you replaced them. I only have one free move and I dont want to waste it.
Brisgard @ usa 1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Really?
Post edited by Brisgard on

Comments

• millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) Posts: 2,507GB1
    edited 13.11.2014
    buy a second moive with rubies says gge...
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • enick98 (US1)enick98 (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 13.11.2014
    millwall97 wrote: »
    buy a second moive with rubies says gge...

Millwall I'm pretty sure he didn't use his free move yet the guy's ruins disappeared then a brand new player just joining the game came in and took over the location before our friend brisgard could move to the location, which brisgard if that is the case then maybe next time watch the spot a little closer
    enick98 @ USA1
    "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" Some famous person had to have quoted this sometime in the past.
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 13.11.2014
    Brisgard wrote: »
    Could you at least give us 12 hours before you replace a ruin with a new player? I need to move next to my outpost but before the player ruins were even gone you replaced them. I only have one free move and I dont want to waste it.

To be honest, the game needs to place new players in these spots to ensure that the map does not become too sparse. So the game has two options when placing new players;

1. Towards the edge of the map where there are more spaces.
    2. In ruined spaces towards the centre.

If the game used method one then we would see an ever-expanding map with the centre becoming less dense as time goes on. In addition to this, players wanting to move towards the edge adds to the problem. Therefore, method 2 must be used to keep the map as dense as it is now. GGS does not know when new players will join so it can't reliably put a hold in place on free spots really. They're concerned with getting them filled as quickly as possible.

If you keep checking the time left on ruins then you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting the slot. You'll only be beaten to it if a player has started a new account the very second a ruin's time expires.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.