Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

No to Ruined Rv's

mark brophy (GB1)mark brophy (GB1) Posts: 85
edited 22.11.2014 in Players ask Players
Having been trying to capture an RV in sands and Peaks kingdoms for the last year I have become increasingly frustrated. Admittedly some of the reasons are that I have missed spawns or just not got there in time but now increasingly when a player goes to ruins who has RV's in their possession their alliances are using the account like some sort of offshore bank account or tax haven to 'store' RV's for future use. This is in my view cheating.
An RV is seen by GGS as both an achievement and an XP reward and should be treated as such. I wonder how many of us still have the xp reward for capturing an RV on our kingdom lists and those who dont - do you still own the RV you captured or was it demanded back by the alliance you took it from?
An RV is not an 'alliance asset' - the common excuse for why they should not be captured. They are an asset to a players account. The player is the asset. If the account goes to ruins then the players assets should also go to ruins or in this case become free RV's.
An RV unlike outposts only supplement the res production of the player in the other kingdoms and they only have an effect when they are used. They are only an asset when they are being used. When they are being withheld in dormant accounts like this they are not an asset.
It is well known how the process of re-distributing Rv's can be done but if an alliance cannot be bothered to do this before the player goes to ruins or they dont have the capacity in terms of number of players or not having enough players at sufficient level in the game to take them on. Then the strength and assets that the ruined player gave that alliance must be removed.
I have found several incidences of this practice going on infact one ruin had over 20 RV's spread over the 3 kingdoms.
This practice must stop and GGS please make it part of your next update that ruined players cannot keep RV's - it is unfair.
Post edited by mark brophy (GB1) on
mark brophy @ en 1

Comments

• R.C3R.C3 Posts: 105
    edited 04.11.2014
    If u were on a large holiday and when he come back then u see all your rvs captured what would u feel ? ? ?

they should not become free i am totally against it !
    PRINCE-R.C
    LEVEL 38
    INT 2
    Proud GENERAL of
    THE STREET DOGS
    (Recircuitment open)
  • mark brophy (GB1)mark brophy (GB1) Posts: 85
    edited 04.11.2014
    the game gives you an option to put your account in holiday mode. Also with wings - your alliance should be able to re-distribute your rv's so that when you get back you can re-take them. it is common practice.
    mark brophy @ en 1
  • chainy forgechainy forge Posts: 1
    edited 04.11.2014
    totally agree with u mark
    chainy forge @ en 1
  • HashBrown420 (GB1)HashBrown420 (GB1) Posts: 11
    edited 04.11.2014
    Agree with you there mark its about time those big alliances stopped hoarding them on their inactive players, i`m sure they wont agree though.
    HashBrown420 @ en 1
  • graham brown (GB1)graham brown (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    edited 04.11.2014
    I would suggest that a player in ruins RV's are returned to FREE status after 7 days of being in ruins

That would seem fare

If accounts are inactive and being used to keep RV's, as suggested, then GGE must be able to see this and warn alliance leaders and or players................. that the account will lose RV's after a certain period.................

No one will agree, the argument will roll on................ those with will say no, those without, will say yes
    graham brown @ en 1

Voddy is KING!!! :p

Life is better ;)
  • killdavies (GB1)killdavies (GB1) GB1 Posts: 579
    edited 04.11.2014
    Lols be honest with yourself you really think alliances wont write down the cords of the RVs of players that have been inactive for a while? Even if by some insane reason this gets added it wont matter as soon as a player is inactive for 7 days we strip them of there RVs so if they go into ruins we still get the RVs and everyone else gets nothing :)

Also how do you know a player isn't away for a long period of time and the alliance is waiting for him to return and he just happened to of gone into ruins?

Proud General Kill Jun Davies And Stripper Of Pugnare admort2 Also The Rightful King Of Pugnare Admort2 - We Are Out Of Oil For Massages...Sorry Lou Lou

Join The Oddish Rebellion!

#BringBackUniqueEquipment....Lvl 3 gem in its place is worse than nothing at all put this in your signature if you agree

Currently boycotting rubies until the bakery update is revoked. A 77% inflation is definitely NOT reducing the price! I suggest you do the same.

• killdavies (GB1)killdavies (GB1) GB1 Posts: 579
    edited 04.11.2014
    the game gives you an option to put your account in holiday mode. Also with wings - your alliance should be able to re-distribute your rv's so that when you get back you can re-take them. it is common practice.

The only holiday option is buying rubies to get protection...So if you wasn't a ruby player your kind of fucked (Also if anyone tries to capture your RVs or OPs there still will be a battle :/)

Im confused if your alliance is allowed to take your RVs and look after them until you return then why are they not allowed to keep them? Theres only a small difference between the two

Proud General Kill Jun Davies And Stripper Of Pugnare admort2 Also The Rightful King Of Pugnare Admort2 - We Are Out Of Oil For Massages...Sorry Lou Lou

Join The Oddish Rebellion!

#BringBackUniqueEquipment....Lvl 3 gem in its place is worse than nothing at all put this in your signature if you agree

Currently boycotting rubies until the bakery update is revoked. A 77% inflation is definitely NOT reducing the price! I suggest you do the same.

• RulerPaddymanRulerPaddyman Posts: 4
    edited 04.11.2014
    if a player is in ruins,he/she isnt part off any alliance because they dont play the game anymore. the alliance has time enough to sort RVs out before they go to ruin, and if a player goes into ruin for whatever reason"tough" start the game again like any normal player. RVs only belong to the player not the alliance,i have RVs and share mine out between alliance players, i dont hoard them .
    give other players a chance, open the game up to the people who play the game,not just to those at the top or in a big alliance. "FREE UP THE RVs"
    RulerPaddyman @ en 1
  • millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,513
    edited 04.11.2014
    your alliance likes to hold your hand then... cute
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • KeenanxboxKeenanxbox Posts: 1,640
    edited 04.11.2014
    I know its hard to believe but you actually have to fight for rv,hate when people just want them handed to you,either nut up or shut up go ahead and war someone for rvs you damn vulture
    Keenanxbox- War Marshall @ Free Kingdoms

Screen-Shot-2015-07-29-at-12.30.51-PM-300x151.png
  • johnIANatterjohnIANatter Posts: 2
    edited 04.11.2014
    its alright those that have them saying no to RUINED RVs most greedy people just cant help taking more than they need, WHERE IN THE GAME RULES DOES IT SAY RUINED RVs BELONG TO THE ALLIANCE?
    the player dosnt play therefor they are not in an alliance. SIMPLE
    "FREE UP THE RVs,
    why should the big boys have the advantage," its because they are scared once we cancel out the advantages they have with all the RVs we will start being able to attack them as we can feed more soldiers,thats why they dont give us a chance they like the advantage"
    johnIANatter @ en 1
  • Ann WomersleyAnn Womersley Posts: 1
    edited 04.11.2014
    "FREE UP THE RUINED RVs the players no longer play"
    if a main castle goes into ruins does that still belong to the alliance NO, it will go back to the game, so should outposts RVs and anything else that player had when they used to actually play the game.
    ann womersley @ en 1
    edited 04.11.2014
    its alright those that have them saying no to RUINED RVs most greedy people just cant help taking more than they need, WHERE IN THE GAME RULES DOES IT SAY RUINED RVs BELONG TO THE ALLIANCE?
    the player dosnt play therefor they are not in an alliance. SIMPLE
    "FREE UP THE RVs,
    why should the big boys have the advantage," its because they are scared once we cancel out the advantages they have with all the RVs we will start being able to attack them as we can feed more soldiers,thats why they dont give us a chance they like the advantage"
    The "big boys" get rvs from wars no good player I've seen will wait for rvs, they take em during war mostly,back to what I said,why should people who lay back and don't attack.but WAIT for rvs to spawn or have a player in no alliance might have an rv or two getting rvs requires skill,waiting for them to spawn doesn't,if there is such a big problem with ruined players holding rvs than why don't you just steal them?If you can't take rvs from players than this isn't the game for you and you don't deserve to have rvs.

Outposts are a whole nother story.the people who want stuff freed up are new players to kingdoms or vultures who let others do hard workIf you had 3 ruby 8 food outposts and you have an issue come up and you go into ruins and Everything is gone how would you feel?

Morale of story: to get what you want in this game you have to be stubborn and have big balls

Did I capture a KT waiting for a ruined player or one to spawn? Don't freaking think so.

• millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,513
    edited 05.11.2014
    Keenanxbox wrote: »
    The "big boys" get rvs from wars no good player I've seen will wait for rvs, they take em during war mostly,back to what I said,why should people who lay back and don't attack.but WAIT for rvs to spawn or have a player in no alliance might have an rv or two getting rvs requires skill,waiting for them to spawn doesn't,if there is such a big problem with ruined players holding rvs than why don't you just steal them?If you can't take rvs from players than this isn't the game for you and you don't deserve to have rvs.

Outposts are a whole nother story.the people who want stuff freed up are new players to kingdoms or vultures who let others do hard workIf you had 3 ruby 8 food outposts and you have an issue come up and you go into ruins and Everything is gone how would you feel?

Morale of story: to get what you want in this game you have to be stubborn and have big balls

Did I capture a KT waiting for a ruined player or one to spawn? Don't freaking think so.
    yea because no one really wants a KT in all honestylol
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • jakembro (GB1)jakembro (GB1) Posts: 2
    edited 05.11.2014
    All i have to say about taking rv's off the ruined players is you obviously haven't tried to do this recently. The last time i did it not only did i get threats of an rv war against all our alliance players from the alliance i took the rv from (i.e. our whole alliance would be stripped of our rv's) but then i also had their wings getting involved and then one of the top 10 alliances started asking questions...our 29 players would not be able to sustain such a campaign.
    i think this will improve the chance to gain some and their distribution within the game will reflect the strengths or weaknesses of the alliances
    jakembro @ en 1
    edited 05.11.2014
    jakembro wrote: »
    All i have to say about taking rv's off the ruined players is you obviously haven't tried to do this recently. The last time i did it not only did i get threats of an rv war against all our alliance players from the alliance i took the rv from (i.e. our whole alliance would be stripped of our rv's) but then i also had their wings getting involved and then one of the top 10 alliances started asking questions...our 29 players would not be able to sustain such a campaign.
    i think this will improve the chance to gain some and their distribution within the game will reflect the strengths or weaknesses of the alliances
    Gotta disagree with ya there,you gotta pick a weaker alliance to go to war with,and pick targets wisely

• Reister (GB1)Reister (GB1) Posts: 69
    edited 05.11.2014
    I don't know why anyone would want to hoard them on inactive players. In our Alliance if someone goes to ruins we will re-distribute their RVs to active players, if we have not already done so. If there are then some RVs not claimed (Usually food ones on ice) we boot them and its a free for all.

But I don't think it should be an automatic free for all, afterall quite a few people get their RVs with help from Alliance members, such as giving them ones they do not need or even just something like calling out to everyone that some RVs spawned. It is not right then to just lose them like that without the opportunity to give them out. Personally I've never seen a player in ruins with all their RVs, they get given back out.

What you need to do is firstly, upgrade that village on Ice until you get some wolf's. Make a speed commander and then upgrade your stables. Ice it is pretty easy to get RVs on, but sands is indeed notibly more difficult and it is about spotting when they are spawned. Thats how I got my sand RVs. Its boring yes just looking around the map, but not much you can do about it.
    Reister @ en 1
  • NickDude (US1)NickDude (US1) Posts: 4,268
    edited 05.11.2014
    Why would players that left the game need tons of RV's when active and passioned players are without them?And it is very unfair that when you capture RV of ruined player his whole alliance is threatening to destroy you.
    So,my opinion is full on mark brophy's side.
    Bards shall sing about the victories of ours,
    Enemies will fall under Chivalric Lords' towers
    Foes of their Leader will always tremble,
    But his and Chivalric Lords' allies will reassemble

Every alliance must have 3 things: loyalty,rules and right to vote. Without them,it is not an alliance. It's anarchy.

~Sandravlc of Aragonsland Empire,Leader of Chivalric Lords alliance. Leader serves,not rules.~
    Sandravlc's Logbook- Chronicle I

• mark brophy (GB1)mark brophy (GB1) Posts: 85
    edited 05.11.2014
    i like the idea of a notification that an alliance member is going to go to ruins - maybe a 72 hour notice to the leader and the deputies - this would ensure the alliance can sort any rv's out before the player goes to ruins.
    I also dont see why going on holiday is an issue. A holiday is pre-arranged - you know how long you will be away for. Anyone who is a serious player would tell the leader and or deputies about it. If you know you will be away for more than 3 weeks then you can arrange for your rv's to be held temporarily by other players in alliances you have pacts with (which would actually mean that having a pact does something) or with your wing alliances - you just remove the pact so they can take the rv's off you, once done re-instate the pact (if they dont then you go to war), when the player returns just do it over again so the player can take his rv's back.
    mark brophy @ en 1
  • minimableminimable Posts: 2
    edited 05.11.2014
    I agree. I took my first and second RV from a player that was in ruins and once the alliance the ruined account was in realised I was attacked on all lands. Then i received an email from someone from the alliance asking if they could have one of the RVs as they are yet to have any any the rest of ruined RVs are being taken by the lvl 70s so i agreed, im nice like that!
    I emailed the leader and received nothing but abuse. Then before the agreed player could take the RV it was taken by a lvl 70 who already had 10 food RVs, 6 wood RVs and 7 stone RVs from the same alliance.
    So I agree fully. If only for us players that would be happy with the 2 RVs for achievements.
    minimable @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file