Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Berimond

If GGS insist on continually ramming berimond down our throats so often can we please have a few changes to make it more competitive and a bit more common sense? I have a few suggestions which I think most would agree with but I welcome any feedback either way.

Honor
This is ridiculous... Basically a ruby level 40 can wipe out a res playing level 70 because the 70 simply wont be able to build enough defence towers in time. That level 70 loses honor from outside the event and if he wishes to attack back will lose even more honor... Either remove honor from the event or start everyone with an artificial berimond honor score, call it Valor or something. Everyone starts on 0 and can earn honor from ANY target, give small rewards based on a seperate valor score at berimond end.

Instant Finish Buildings
I have no problem with ruby players buying an advantage but when a player builds a full base in 10 minutes it is way over powered. If you want to draw out the event make protection 3 days long and mandatory with no early exit. If ruby players want to instant build their base still then so be it. But give the rest a chance to build up their base to a 'respectable' level. You will find the event will be more popular and the mid level ruby spenders who wont instant build a base will most likely spend more rubies on stables, tools and more. Perhaps another solution would be to give everyone a partially built base like storm island?

Reward troops
The troops granted as rewards are a joke. I just signed up to this round of berimond. Within 10 minutes of joining I had over 600 troops with 23:40 left in protection and 3 hours of food left. So basically I will lose all troops i have unless i leave protection mode, leaving protection mode means no time to make towers for defence which means the tiny levels will try to farm me for honor. Also the number of troops given is a joke. Half the rewards at the very least, it will most likely extend the event and that means more rubies for you.

Tools
Allow us to send tools to berimond at ANY time WITHOUT sending troops. Since the minute i signed up i got a few hundred free troops it means I cannot send any tools over. I no longer buy rubies so I am stuck tool-less, I do gradually buy ruby tools or nomad tools which I could send over and have thousands of res tools lying around I could send.

Watch towers and the capital
Do something with the way the game is played. At the moment it is dead boring players attack the towers the moment the previous one is destroyed or cooldown is over. It is predictable and Dead boring.

Can we make the winning side score based or something? At the moment attacking or capturing camps is pretty much pointless. Perhaps make it so attacks and captures earn points and destroying the capital first still earns a large sum of points but the first capital to be defeated ends berimond. That team getting the huge bonus at the end of the capital win. A comparison would be like the quidditch in harry potter. Constant scoring but the person who catches the snitch gets a huge points gain. This would make attacking the towers still a priority but attacking and capturing camps would not be ignored for the constant drive at the watch towers. More of a skirmish would be more fun.

Perhaps make the event one month long, make the cool down on watch towers longer so that it takes nearly the full month to get to the capital. Then just run the event the full month who ever has the most general points along with any capital destruction points wins.

There were more things I was mulling over earlier but that is all i can think of now!
Post edited by jim3doors (AU1) on
jim3doors @ au 1

Comments

• Kyle Ludwig WuKyle Ludwig Wu Posts: 1,053
    edited 01.11.2014
    the honour drops does hurt alot, i have had a lv 0 honour lv 3x player just wiped me 500 honour, god knows how long i have to spend to recover outside the event.
    BSK-75 @ en 1

We are the Battle Sacred Kittens :D
    (for whom who really want to know the exact meaning of BSK, PM me ingame :P)
  • Draco Q A2Draco Q A2 Posts: 8
    edited 01.11.2014
    lol I love berimnd because im a level 35 and I can troll level 70 and take all their honor and glory. if I were a level 50 or sometin i would agree with u
    Draco Q A @ usa 1
    Bunchies r cute! !!!
  • Arcturus BArcturus B Posts: 124
    edited 01.11.2014
    I think we can all agree hat Berimond is something else. I've only been there once and came away with about 500 more honor and about 5000 more glory than I had previously. The Battle for Berimond takes skill and coordination if you really want to succeed. My opinion is that Berimond should only be tried by those who know what they are getting themselves into.
    Arcturus Black
    Once and Future King of Umbrella
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,369
    edited 01.11.2014
    jim3doors wrote: »
    If GGS insist on continually ramming berimond down our throats so often can we please have a few changes to make it more competitive and a bit more common sense? I have a few suggestions which I think most would agree with but I welcome any feedback either way.

Honor
    Honor is overrated.

Instant Finish Buildings
    If they want to pay for an advantage then so be it. I dont see the problem, i dont put rubies in my base and i compete with them still.

Reward troops
    Keeps it from being boring. More troops you have the more attacking you can do. Who wants to wait around to build enough tents to be able to send a decent amount of troops. Berimond is meant to be fast paced.

Tools
    I can agree with that. Its a pain when you can't ship tools over and got to buy them instead

Do something with the way the game is played. At the moment it is dead boring players attack the towers the moment the previous one is destroyed or cooldown is over. It is predictable and Dead boring.

The problem with that is that towers give you the most amount of points. if you want prizes then naturally you will go for the towers. Would be more interesting if camps game more points, but then again it would make the prizes easier to get. Guess it depends on how many points you want to make it worth.

Who wants to play berimond for a whole month? It would get old way to fast. It is meant to be a fast paced event. That way your intrested in the whole thing and not get bored near the end. Besides for someone you cares a lot about honor, why would you want to make it longer?

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• jema3 (US1)jema3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,086
    edited 01.11.2014
    I think they messed up Berimond. It was exciting when it would finally come. Now I'm like, oh it's back, again. Nothing special anymore.
    jema3 @ usa 1
  • Arcturus BArcturus B Posts: 124
    edited 01.11.2014
    Berimond is still interesting, it could use some improvement though. It can be a deathtrap to the inexperienced, which is why many struggle with it.
    Arcturus Black
    Once and Future King of Umbrella
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,120
    edited 02.11.2014
    I was thinking that maybe rather than towers being release based a pre set cooldown sequence which to be fair we have worked out perhaps towers could become free based on each faction achieving a preset level of glory points or camp wins. That would focus the action back on hitting each other rather than focusing the action on who is fastest to the towers and who can hit the towers most consistently. It seems a shame that one side theoretically could win more battles in the melee and still lose because they don't have players capable of hitting down the towers.

There is a lot of strategy in Berimond and focusing it on number of successful hits, wins, resources looted - in order to enable expeditions to towers to be mounted - might add some interest and new elements.

I'd also change some of the towers maybe to items of strategic significance like in real world battles which give advantage and allow them to change hands. So maybe a port which allows for a food consumption reduction bonus whilst held or a shrine which allows 5% of troops recover from every battle whilst held, maybe even a tavern that boosts morale by 5%. That type of thing maybe in addition to towers. Maybe there could also be some environmental features for terrain bonuses like a hill or a ford or a wood with bonuses like increased ranged strength whilst you hold the hill or increased combat strength when you hold the ford and increased defence against ranged troops whilst you hold the wood. In theory the game mechanics already provide these advantages so just a question of whether designers could programme them to be applied in certain situations. Should be possible given the complexity of what's been achieved to date.
    Batten @ en 1
  • Pipplepepper (GB1)Pipplepepper (GB1) Posts: 509
    edited 02.11.2014
    I kind of like that it's a more level playing field. Disappointed I didn't join this time.

So a lvl 70 gets hit and loses honour to a lvl 40? Not a problem - can be won back. Sometimes we forget what it's like to be a lower level. And - of course - no one has to play it.
    Pipplepepper @ en 1

No to tribute update.
  • RyuKishen (US1)RyuKishen (US1) Posts: 61
    edited 02.11.2014
    I just think that there needs to be a better way of increasing the number of soldiers you can hold. Making tents is very slow. So I think there should be some way to increase the tent productions. Also, I've noticed the blue side thus far has gotten plenty reward packs (from experience of spying many and hitting many) and the red hasn't gotten much. As for honor, I don't mind that is part of the competition and is easily recovered if you hit someone else. And too many troops shouldn't be a problem lol, just make storehouses and hit bunch of people. You're lucky you got 600 in the first few mins. I probably got just 400 total up till now.

-Main concern: takes too long to make enough tents to hold a sizeable army with resources.
    RyuPlayer @ usa 1
  • RyuKishen (US1)RyuKishen (US1) Posts: 61
    edited 02.11.2014
    I just think that there needs to be a better way of increasing the number of soldiers you can hold. Making tents is very slow. So I think there should be some way to increase the tent productions. Also, I've noticed the blue side thus far has gotten plenty reward packs (from experience of spying many and hitting many) and the red hasn't gotten much. As for honor, I don't mind that is part of the competition and is easily recovered if you hit someone else. And too many troops shouldn't be a problem lol, just make storehouses and hit bunch of people. You're lucky you got 600 in the first few mins. I probably got just 400 total up till now.

-Main concern: takes too long to make enough tents to hold a sizeable army with resources.
    RyuPlayer @ usa 1
  • jim3doors (AU1)jim3doors (AU1) Posts: 72
    edited 03.11.2014
    I kind of like that it's a more level playing field. Disappointed I didn't join this time.

So a lvl 70 gets hit and loses honour to a lvl 40? Not a problem - can be won back. Sometimes we forget what it's like to be a lower level. And - of course - no one has to play it.

See that is my point though, the level 40 can win honor off a level 70 but not the other way around? Yes its a level playing field in that everyone starts at the same time with the same base. But if it were truly level the level 70 would be able to get glory back off the level 40.

I have no problem with being attacked by a level 40 but all of a sudden I am punished for attacking that person back?
    Honor
    Honor is overrated.

Instant Finish Buildings
    If they want to pay for an advantage then so be it. I dont see the problem, i dont put rubies in my base and i compete with them still.

Reward troops
    Keeps it from being boring. More troops you have the more attacking you can do. Who wants to wait around to build enough tents to be able to send a decent amount of troops. Berimond is meant to be fast paced.

Tools
    I can agree with that. Its a pain when you can't ship tools over and got to buy them instead

The problem with that is that towers give you the most amount of points. if you want prizes then naturally you will go for the towers. Would be more interesting if camps game more points, but then again it would make the prizes easier to get. Guess it depends on how many points you want to make it worth.

Who wants to play berimond for a whole month? It would get old way to fast. It is meant to be a fast paced event. That way your intrested in the whole thing and not get bored near the end. Besides for someone you cares a lot about honor, why would you want to make it longer?

Why not make the event doable for all. Yes a SUPER active person can compete without spending rubies. You pretty much just have to keep all your reward troops out on attacks at all times. The amount of time it takes to build all your towers and walls up means it is impossible to defend against most players because they are all running around with 500+ troops in next to no time. For the average person who logs in for a short time in the morning then 2-4 hours of a night after school/work its simply a waste of time right now. I really think that there should be a longer protection period.

I think your on the right path with the watch towers though, perhaps more emphasis needs to be place on attacking/capturing camps with more points awarded to those actions.

One last thing.... The prizes. I know they were changed to stop players just joining the winning team and riding others hard work. But what kind of stupid system is it when the winning team does not receive anything? That would be like only giving the equipment to those who got over 2k cargo points in an alliance that got 400k points in storm island. I like that players on the losing team can get rewards, that is great. However there should be some kind of prize for the winning team on top of the point rewards. Don't care if its a deco or equipment piece, some coins or whatever.

Regardless of opinions I think everyone agrees it needs a major overhaul. Doing so would make it more profitable for GGS as a lot more would participate so it is in their own interest.
    jim3doors @ au 1
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 04.11.2014
    I think there should be more prizes added. like a 8 point deco or something. Not great prizes but something.
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

Sign In to comment.