Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread because I am new here. Today when I return

eloracnibuaeloracnibua Posts: 6
edited 29.10.2014 in Technical Assistance
To whom it may concern. Friday,October 24 2014

I am on the USA1 Server.

My account and the accounts of several other of my alliance members has been hacked. I will give you all the information concerning my account.
Someone accessed my account by stealing and changing my password without my knowledge of this, he/she stealing over 28,000 Rubies,, demoted me and passing herself/himself off as me, and then quits the alliance.
At around 11:00 am this morning before going to work I logged into my game, started construction slots, etc. I then saw the new Foreign Castle Tournament and so I sent out an attack army to the Foreign Castle which was 2 km away from my castle. I then left for work.

I return from work at 7:00pm and attempt to log in to my game account. I attempted to open my game three or four times; everytime your server would not let me open my game account. There was a message that said it was the wrong password. Worried, I then click on :'Forgot Your Password' link and I type my e-mail. I retrieve the new password you sent to me via e-mail and succeed in opening my game account. I check my message box to verify my battle results/gains from this morning. There is no message concerning the army sent to battle. It was as if I had never sent them. I thought this very strange; but it could just be a glitch. I do know I sent them because I had remarked on our Alliance chat that it was taking a long 2 hours 48 minutes for my army to walk 2 miles to the Foreigh Castle and I saw on the World map the orange arrow from my castle to the attack castle. I didn't make much of it. But then I realise that I have 0 Rubies! All gone, stolen!! Over 28, 000 Rubies GONE!!

I start looking at the Alliance chat and read that others from my alliance had asked similar questions and concerns during that day; that they also have been hacked, were demoted and/or thrown out of the alliance, have Rubies stolen, etc. I also read that at 5:02 pm. the alliance is ''wondering why I had left the Alliance''. ''They say that I was online at that time (5:02pm)''. The alliance leader, writes on the chat that she is sending me messages asking me''why have I left the alliance??'' but that I am supposedly not answering her. I see on the chat that others are ''worried because they knows I am at work'' and yet I have signed on the game but am not answering anyone.

It is now 7:10PM. I start asking questions on the chat to alliance members concerning what's happening?? My password was changed without my consent and I could not open my account! All my Rubies gone! Why was I thrown out of the alliance? They answer back that ''I was hacked and that I am not the only person that has been hacked''. I WAS NOT HOME UNTIL 7:00PM. So it was not me.

I work in a major bank and sites such as yours are blocked by their security, so I cannot access from work.
I am the only one who has access to my home computer and it is pasword protected. I do my part to keep my information secure.
I am an honest person and I bought those Rubies with my money. Money that I work for. I love this game and I love the alliance that I am in. I do not want to quit the game but unfortunately I do not feel that your servers offer enough protection against hackers. That these persons can just access my account or any other account for that matter, without any impunity or traceability and steal Rubies that have been paid for with real money; and then they walk away scott free! Well, that doesn't sit right with me. This should not sit right with you either because you have a responsibility and an accountability to your players who buy Rubies from you to keep those virtual Rubies safe and secure. Once a customer has bought those virtual Rubies, what exactly are your security features in place to protect them from hackers? I did my part to keep my information secure. I counted on you to do the same.
But the bottom line is, Rubies are being kept on your servers for safe keeping. They are there in trust. They were stolen by a hacker who hacked through your system. Please replace the Rubies. I don't feel I should suffer a loss because someone was able to hack into your system.

Thank you in advance
Post edited by eloracnibua on
eloracnibua @ usa 1

Comments

• wert855 (IN1)wert855 (IN1) Posts: 758
    edited 25.10.2014
    i think it is the biggest hack i have readed in my life CMs plzz check his problem
    WERT855 THE PRIME
    INDIA1

Now a General of Illuminati :)
    Last Rubies brought : Somewhere in July or August 2015
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -Mahatma Gandhi
    "One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody." -Mother Teresa
  • millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,513
    edited 25.10.2014
    To whom it may concern. Friday,October 24 2014

I am on the USA1 Server.

My account and the accounts of several other of my alliance members has been hacked. I will give you all the information concerning my account.
    Someone accessed my account by stealing and changing my password without my knowledge of this, he/she stealing over 28,000 Rubies,, demoted me and passing herself/himself off as me, and then quits the alliance.
    At around 11:00 am this morning before going to work I logged into my game, started construction slots, etc. I then saw the new Foreign Castle Tournament and so I sent out an attack army to the Foreign Castle which was 2 km away from my castle. I then left for work.

I return from work at 7:00pm and attempt to log in to my game account. I attempted to open my game three or four times; everytime your server would not let me open my game account. There was a message that said it was the wrong password. Worried, I then click on :'Forgot Your Password' link and I type my e-mail. I retrieve the new password you sent to me via e-mail and succeed in opening my game account. I check my message box to verify my battle results/gains from this morning. There is no message concerning the army sent to battle. It was as if I had never sent them. I thought this very strange; but it could just be a glitch. I do know I sent them because I had remarked on our Alliance chat that it was taking a long 2 hours 48 minutes for my army to walk 2 miles to the Foreigh Castle and I saw on the World map the orange arrow from my castle to the attack castle. I didn't make much of it. But then I realise that I have 0 Rubies! All gone, stolen!! Over 28, 000 Rubies GONE!!

I start looking at the Alliance chat and read that others from my alliance had asked similar questions and concerns during that day; that they also have been hacked, were demoted and/or thrown out of the alliance, have Rubies stolen, etc. I also read that at 5:02 pm. the alliance is ''wondering why I had left the Alliance''. ''They say that I was online at that time (5:02pm)''. The alliance leader, writes on the chat that she is sending me messages asking me''why have I left the alliance??'' but that I am supposedly not answering her. I see on the chat that others are ''worried because they knows I am at work'' and yet I have signed on the game but am not answering anyone.

It is now 7:10PM. I start asking questions on the chat to alliance members concerning what's happening?? My password was changed without my consent and I could not open my account! All my Rubies gone! Why was I thrown out of the alliance? They answer back that ''I was hacked and that I am not the only person that has been hacked''. I WAS NOT HOME UNTIL 7:00PM. So it was not me.

I work in a major bank and sites such as yours are blocked by their security, so I cannot access from work.
    I am the only one who has access to my home computer and it is pasword protected. I do my part to keep my information secure.
    I am an honest person and I bought those Rubies with my money. Money that I work for. I love this game and I love the alliance that I am in. I do not want to quit the game but unfortunately I do not feel that your servers offer enough protection against hackers. That these persons can just access my account or any other account for that matter, without any impunity or traceability and steal Rubies that have been paid for with real money; and then they walk away scott free! Well, that doesn't sit right with me. This should not sit right with you either because you have a responsibility and an accountability to your players who buy Rubies from you to keep those virtual Rubies safe and secure. Once a customer has bought those virtual Rubies, what exactly are your security features in place to protect them from hackers? I did my part to keep my information secure. I counted on you to do the same.
    But the bottom line is, Rubies are being kept on your servers for safe keeping. They are there in trust. They were stolen by a hacker who hacked through your system. Please replace the Rubies. I don't feel I should suffer a loss because someone was able to hack into your system.

Thank you in advance
    are you sure that you never gave your password to an alliance member or anyone else as I know that a lot of people do this even though its against the game rules, if all the rubies were gone, did they go into the alliance funds as this would suggest it was someone which was in your alliance, if you definitely did not give anyone your password, then contact support and demand an investigation into your account as after all you paid with your hard earned money and GGE should assist you.
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • Walf the 1st (GB1)Walf the 1st (GB1) Posts: 13
    edited 26.10.2014
    i got a guy in my allience who is a worker in the game i can ask him if he can help by talking with the leadet about it.

i hope this is soon sorted out because it looks like them rubies were worth alot of REAL MONEY
    Walf the 1st @ en 1
  • Barnacleez (US1)Barnacleez (US1) Posts: 2,833
    edited 26.10.2014
    Create a secure password, such as:
    ngrldtglkcbmfgkhfjgxsdiuybhgrvhsh v
    Sv vOOOP
    bg,vhffmf f
    FgHdGjjsg123456789
    gnjrgbgf
    njfkejhign bhmtjjcg
    rbgfhezrx
    fgwrehg
    fnfrhgernx
    fdrhyr5nxc
    fervg xe
    d f gxdn
    ghfc,mlgjdkhgvgchJG
    vmktfjkjkuyj
    AZuMAriLL
    fmehdjthjfdbhg
    ngjhbfjbgjfdb njkxnzb
    fdsnjkgxbmh dnportsl
    n dvhfhgdhfgvxn
    bnfbvfjf\njg
    ////////////////////////////////////hi.
    mhkgmhj
    gmgkhngknhgjklhjlftn
    gnjkhrhf
    fgnmfkng
    ggeLOVEIT6767676767767767676766
    **ScentedCANDLE********<3
    dbghfdhhfg
    Barnacleez the Avenger @ Kindle Fire 4.5.5
    [email protected] usa 1
    Contact Support here.
    Comedy is my partial life. Nerdiness is the other 99.99% of it.
    If this is a game where the player gender doesn't exist, then why does 'King' and 'Baronet' exist?
    Don't click here.
    Level: 34 Honor: 1,234
    Neutral in the server war, currently supporting TORCHERERS

• eloracnibuaeloracnibua Posts: 6
    edited 26.10.2014
    I'm sooo scared that this will happen again. I have changed my password to a new secure one. Thanks everyone.
    eloracnibua @ usa 1
  • kookoo (GB1)kookoo (GB1) Posts: 441
    edited 26.10.2014
    It is impossible to hack the game but they might have guessed your pass word if you didn't give it to any one
    your password
    kookoo @ UK 1

• Barracuda58Barracuda58 Posts: 39
    edited 29.10.2014
    Most "hacking"is because people share passwords or make it too easy to guess. Never give you pw to anyone. Do not put it on a sticky taped to the monitor or bottom of keyboard. Do not use your pets name as a PW. People wait to gather info and after accumulating data strike like a snake on the unwary. Do not give hints to what it might be to others online. Do not keep it in a unsecured notebook or memo pad or somewhere where someone can easily find it.
    Barracuda58 @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file