Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Going on holiday

cj532cj532 Posts: 3
edited 15.09.2014 in Players ask Players
Just started the game and really getting into it. ^^ So what happens in a couple of weeks when I am on holiday for 2 weeks ? :S Can I put the account on hold, freeze it, put it in a box and post it to myself, or all 3 ? Can't lose it surely ;(
Post edited by cj532 on
cj53 @ en 1

Comments

• Akhil50 (IN1)Akhil50 (IN1) Posts: 4,347
    edited 30.08.2014
    cj532 wrote: »
    Just started the game and really getting into it. ^^ So what happens in a couple of weeks when I am on holiday for 2 weeks ? :S Can I put the account on hold, freeze it, put it in a box and post it to myself, or all 3 ? Can't lose it surely ;(

Your castle may turn into ruins in the time, if you are not looking it for months. I don't think anything happens to your account (like getting deleted) if you are offline for 2 weeks, as I too once didn't open it for 2 weeks and nothing much happened for except a few fires.
    Still a Potter-head.  And a starboii

Might Points - Everything you need to know about them is the 2nd most viewed thread in the section with over 40k views, go take a look for some mighty info :)

[email protected]
  • VoidstormVoidstorm Posts: 1,303
    edited 30.08.2014

You can't lose it, but there isn't anything that allows you to freeze an account or something like that.
    The only solution is protection mode if you don't want fires.
  • Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 30.08.2014
    Protecting mode also keeps your castle from going to ruins, but two weeks shouldn't effect it, except possibly a few fires, from attacks.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
  • Cornet6 (US1)Cornet6 (US1) Posts: 1,740
    edited 30.08.2014
    I too am going away for 3 weeks in a while, hopefully it doesn't go to ruins. Two weeks shouldn't affect things but once you start to get towards 3 weeks to 3 1/2 weeks then it starts to go to ruins and after that it's all up to the crazy system of the game to decide your fate.
    Cornet6 @ usa 1
    Cornet6 @Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn

Proud Founder of AAG

http://www.associatedalliances.com/
    edited 30.08.2014
    Cornet6 wrote: »
    I too am going away for 3 weeks in a while, hopefully it doesn't go to ruins. Two weeks shouldn't affect things but once you start to get towards 3 weeks to 3 1/2 weeks then it starts to go to ruins and after that it's all up to the crazy system of the game to decide your fate.

No kidding, one ruin I saw said it had two months left before it would be deleted.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
  • cj532cj532 Posts: 3
    edited 30.08.2014
    Excellent news, I'll just stick a load of food and defense in there then ;)
    cj53 @ en 1
    edited 30.08.2014
    aidan952 wrote: »
    No kidding, one ruin I saw said it had two months left before it would be deleted.

Tell me about it, I found a few of these today,
    1znaqt1.jpg

Yet one of my alliance members only had 3 days after going to ruins.
    Cornet6 @ usa 1

Proud Founder of AAG

edited 31.08.2014
    Excellent news, I'll just stick a load of food and defense in there then ;)

Good idea.
    1znaqt1.jpg

#GGELogic For the win. ;)
    -Albert Einstein
  • Sweet_FireSweet_Fire Posts: 66
    edited 31.08.2014
    From what I understood, not sure if it's changed now, once an account has gone to ruins it takes however many levels you are in days, plus 1, for your account to be deleted. So if you are level 20, it'll take 21 days to delete (giving you a window of time to recover your account and not start all over).

I assume it's so the higher level players don't lose a year of work without being certain they won't come back. If you're gone nearly 3 months you probably aren't returning (unlike me who returned a year later under a different name since it was a start over regardless).

It does take a while to turn to ruins too. I think it took two weeks to get an email saying my castle needed me while I was on holiday this summer. I used the bird of peace to save me and didn't go to ruins or worry about getting attacked.

Check the kings market and see how many rubies it'll take for the duration you need. :)
    Sweet_Fire @ usa 1
    edited 31.08.2014
    Sweet_Fire wrote: »
    From what I understood, not sure if it's changed now, once an account has gone to ruins it takes however many levels you are in days, plus 1, for your account to be deleted. So if you are level 20, it'll take 21 days to delete (giving you a window of time to recover your account and not start all over).

I assume it's so the higher level players don't lose a year of work without being certain they won't come back. If you're gone nearly 3 months you probably aren't returning (unlike me who returned a year later under a different name since it was a start over regardless).

It does take a while to turn to ruins too. I think it took two weeks to get an email saying my castle needed me while I was on holiday this summer. I used the bird of peace to save me and didn't go to ruins or worry about getting attacked.

Check the kings market and see how many rubies it'll take for the duration you need. :)

That was kind of the system a year ago and even then it was a kind of. Now it has something to do with ruby buyers, regular activity, levels all mixed into an equation no one will understand (not even GGS).
    Cornet6 @ usa 1

Proud Founder of AAG

edited 04.09.2014
    That was kind of the system a year ago and even then it was a kind of. Now it has something to do with ruby buyers, regular activity, levels all mixed into an equation no one will understand (not even GGS).

They throw fifty numbers into a hat and pick one, that number multiplied by the square root of the sum of all the big left toes on employees of GGS, is how many days you have until going to ruin.
    -Albert Einstein
  • julius caeser3julius caeser3 Posts: 244
    edited 04.09.2014
    They throw fifty numbers into a hat and pick one, that number multiplied by the square root of the sum of all the big left toes on employees of GGS, is how many days you have until going to ruin.
    i read that in a jedi tone
    LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    except the lyrical content of this song
    and gge greediness

i am julius caeser level 21 diplomat of titans order 2 in international1
    i have 1671 honour and i am a baron
  • VoidstormVoidstorm Posts: 1,303
    edited 04.09.2014

Wikipedia says 900 employees, so:

(Number from 1-50)*30
    Minimum=1 day
    Maximum=50 days
  • woof93woof93 Posts: 109
    edited 04.09.2014
    join our alliance, we will watch over yr account.

thx !
    woof9 @ usa 1 Join Icefire alliance ! We need students, teachers, leaders ! Thx, and Welcome![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GarenceGarence Posts: 8
    edited 04.09.2014
    yes, u r welcome to our Icefire alliance !
    Garence @ usa 1
  • robert whitney (GB1)robert whitney (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1
    edited 15.09.2014
    off on holiday for 3 weeks my food will run out in that time what can I do to stop my troops from going
    robert whitney @ en 1
  • bobbysbrobobbysbro Posts: 1,265
    edited 15.09.2014
    Yeah the old system was you lvl +1 day. Im not sure if its still like that.
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • phaedra4phaedra4 Posts: 19
    edited 15.09.2014
    1znaqt1.jpg

Ive been trying tio relocate my castle, see this thread

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?120567-How-to-relocate

How did you get that box? I can find no mechanism for entering coords or locations to move. I just get a world map and an information box.
    phaedra @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file