Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

9/11 remembrance

Comments

• Shark mcspot (US1)Shark mcspot (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 11.09.2014
    Didn't know that someone has to tell you to have a moment of silence for you to have a moment of silence. Also I don't have to belittle it, it's a serious tragedy, but it's a tragedy half the world is sick of hearing about. So please, have your moment of silence, but stop shoving it down everyone's throats everywhere.

People die, it's the cycle of life, it's important that we learn from it and keep on moving on.

P.S if you actually study history (even American history) you'd understand why 9/11 shouldn't be treated like the most tragic day of man kind. I'm not saying that we should have less days where we remember the lives of people who lost their lives, but we should be keeping in mind that 9/11 isn't the only tragedy known to man.

You know, all you're doing is pointing fingers at those who are just trying to mourn? If you cared so much for 9/11 where's your post? There's no point posting now and saying it's there cause we all know how insensitive you are.
    Prone to 808 abuse. Go listen to whatever Fantano tells you is fresh.
  • TannerM. (US1)TannerM. (US1) US1 Posts: 2,695
    edited 11.09.2014
    Didn't know that someone has to tell you to have a moment of silence for you to have a moment of silence. Also I don't have to belittle it, it's a serious tragedy, but it's a tragedy half the world is sick of hearing about. So please, have your moment of silence, but stop shoving it down everyone's throats everywhere.

People die, it's the cycle of life, it's important that we learn from it and keep on moving on.

P.S if you actually study history (even American history) you'd understand why 9/11 shouldn't be treated like the most tragic day of man kind. I'm not saying that we should have less days where we remember the lives of people who lost their lives, but we should be keeping in mind that 9/11 isn't the only tragedy known to man.

Again, who forced it down your throat? Did this thread say, "ninjareviver, you better have a moment of silence". Hell, you could've read the title and not even have opened it. I will give you credit, chuckled about the moment of silence thing but you understood what I meant. Just as well, I didn't say it was the largest tragedy faced by the world or the United States. There are countless other events that had higher casualties, almost any battle of the civil war dwarfs the 9/11 death rate. The fact of the matter is, its the most recent American tragedy and today is the anniversary of the event. I don't see why we would mourn or commemorate other tragedies on the anniversary of 9/11, you don't celebrate Christmas on Halloween, do you? I live in the United States and I can say I don't see any commemoration for it on the other 364 days of the year. You don't care, that's fine, you don't have to, but leave the people who do care alone. The internet is a vast and ever expanding place, I would imagine its pretty easy for you to find somewhere else to go be a dick.
    nHIylr9gif = The battle plan

The Ningdom now and forever - Serry 

Hion has a small dink
  • PlayerJoe79PlayerJoe79 Posts: 144
    edited 12.09.2014

If you actually looked at American History, you would see that it isn't just an "event". It has a symbolic meaning that you do not understand. Yes it does have a casualty rate that is lower than some other dates, but this date will be forever infamous in American History. Now get off of this thread before you embarrass yourself even more.

Also I would like to say Thank You to all the veterans out there :)
    Playerjoe79 @ usa 1
  • Dark Chicken (US1)Dark Chicken (US1) Posts: 815
    edited 12.09.2014
    No offense, but no one is keeping you on this thread. The attack hit close to home for me because my uncle is a pilot, that could have very easily been him flying one of those planes when the terrorists hijacked it, and i praise God it wasn't. And half the world may be sick of it, but in our half of the world, we still have broken families who lost a child, or a parent, or another loved one much too early.
    I'll admit, some of the ceremonies are a little over the top, but we should still commemorate it because of what it did for our country.
    We know it isn't the only tragedy, but you have to understand something. For Americans, the World Trade Center was a symbol of our way of life, it, in a way, represented what we stood for. The terrorists attacked that symbol, and tried to knock us down. Not to mention the fact that it was an attack against civilians, and that those terrorists want to eradicate us from the face of the planet. So, next time, please do not disrespect our tragedies, just don't comment on them.

*end rant*
    Dark Chicken @ USA 1 and AUS1
    Leader
    Suiko Stars

"You can't have peace any longer than your neighbor pleases." -- Dutch (on war and peace)

"A lie repeated often enough, becomes truth." -- Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels
  • Caleb80PlayerCaleb80Player Posts: 98
    edited 12.09.2014
    some people just dont get it. we will see how he feels when he dies and nobody shows up at his funeral

Those words dont exactly go together..... :)
    Deputy/Leader of Suiko Samurai
    Caleb80Player @ usa 1
    SuikoSamurai.Weebly.com

Caleb80player @ Canada1
    #The DreamLivesOn

ny3ldsm.png
    SHHH!! I'M IN DISGUISE
  • Dark Chicken (US1)Dark Chicken (US1) Posts: 815
    edited 12.09.2014
    Those words dont exactly go together..... :)

Has anyone else wondered what ever happened to that moment of silence?
    Dark Chicken @ USA 1 and AUS1
    Leader
    Suiko Stars

"You can't have peace any longer than your neighbor pleases." -- Dutch (on war and peace)

"A lie repeated often enough, becomes truth." -- Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels
  • Caleb80PlayerCaleb80Player Posts: 98
    edited 12.09.2014
    Has anyone else wondered what ever happened to that moment of silence?

Now that you mention it.....it does seem quite loud in here
    Deputy/Leader of Suiko Samurai
    Caleb80Player @ usa 1
    SuikoSamurai.Weebly.com

Caleb80player @ Canada1
    #The DreamLivesOn

ny3ldsm.png
    SHHH!! I'M IN DISGUISE
  • thermopylae (US1)thermopylae (US1) US1 Posts: 330
    edited 12.09.2014
    ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • Shark mcspot (US1)Shark mcspot (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 12.09.2014
    Ninja, I'm not even American and is still respect the cause down south for our neighbors. Now go troll someone who is your level. Someone like Peter.
    Prone to 808 abuse. Go listen to whatever Fantano tells you is fresh.
  • VoidstormVoidstorm Posts: 1,303
    edited 12.09.2014
  • Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 12.09.2014
    This is why the rest of world thinks you guys are ignorant.
    Your government gives you guys something to cry about every year so you become oblivious to what's happening all over the world everyday. I'm not saying that people didn't die on 9/11, but what I'm saying is that 9/11 shouldn't be the only day where we honour the memories of the fallen.

the rest of the world is right, frankly, most americans are dumb.
    Yeah. people die everyday, but this was a terrorist attack that took thousands.

Every day terrorists are killing thousands more people across the world you idiot.

ISIS is beheading and CRUCIFYING CHILDREN.

We know it isn't the only tragedy, but you have to understand something. For Americans, the World Trade Center was a symbol of our way of life, it, in a way, represented what we stood for. The terrorists attacked that symbol, and tried to knock us down. Not to mention the fact that it was an attack against civilians, and that those terrorists want to eradicate us from the face of the planet. So, next time, please do not disrespect our tragedies, just don't comment on them.

*end rant*

terrorists ISIS/ al quada want to kill everyone.
  • NinjareviverNinjareviver Posts: 196
    edited 12.09.2014
    Have your moment of silence, please. But please remember that the other 4 English servers don't want to have to be reminded about something which is well in the past. You don't see the Europeans lecturing us about how tragic WW2 was, or the Australians complaining about how the indiginous were treated wrongly.

So please, if you're going to grieve, then go do it in real life. Go to a grave yard for veterans and pay your respects there instead of a game forum. Seriously, some of you guys don't realise how your media uses you as tools. Educate yourself, before you wreck yourself.
    If you think so, why don't you make a thread everyday mourning the dead of the day? You really are stupid. Not to sound inconsiderate for the dead, but this thread is a moment of silence for 9/11 and you had to bust in here like the dick you are.

Show some respect you wasted slob.

Cause that's not the correct way to ever pay your respects. Also, I'd like to remind you this is a game forum, not a cemetery. Go on a memorial site and talk to your fellow patriots, because this is an international forum.
    edited 12.09.2014
    the Australians complaining about how the indiginous were treated wrongly.

no one caresa about the indiginous
  • edited 12.09.2014
    yes daniel, but we should care about the indigenous, and we should definitely care that ISIS is beheading children while the west ignores it, the situation on the ground there has been a lot worse than reported for a while now/

ninja if there are so many other causes for remembrance, go start them and stop trying to derail this one. And Europeans such as myself are used as tools by the media etc, just as much as Americans, people in general are stupid, not just one group.
    edited 12.09.2014
    SwayerEon wrote: »
    yes daniel, but we should care about the indigenous, and we should definitely care that ISIS is beheading children while the west ignores it, the situation on the ground there has been a lot worse than reported for a while now/

ninja if there are so many other causes for remembrance, go start them and stop trying to derail this one. And Europeans such as myself are used as tools by the media etc, just as much as Americans, people in general are stupid, not just one group.

Some more than others. If we're going to look at 9/11 as a "symbolic event", then you should also be mourning for the 100,000 innocent Arabs killed after 9/11 by the US military. Do you think 3000 innocent American deaths are proportionate to 100,000 innocent Arabs? Or did your media forget to ever tell you about the other side of the story?

I'm not calling people stupid, I'm calling them ignorant. There's a difference.

I'm also being sincere. So I'm not trolling, I've payed my respects by not taking the issue lightly or as a joke, that's the least most of you could do. I get you guys feel insulted when someone questions your patriotism, but you have to open your eyes and see that your country has been playing the same "9/11 tragedy" card for the last 13 years as an excuse to bomb other countries.
    Also, your country is responsible for most of the wars going on in the middle east right now. So stop acting like everything your government does is for "peace" and "liberty", because there's always another agenda.
    edited 12.09.2014
    Some more than others. If we're going to look at 9/11 as a "symbolic event", then you should also be mourning for the 100,000 innocent Arabs killed after 9/11 by the US military. Do you think 3000 innocent American deaths are proportionate to 100,000 innocent Arabs?

the arabs america killed were hardly "innocent"

And, if we going to go there, ninja, what ethnicity are you?
    Really, every single ethnic group has commited its own atrocities.

And as long as I'm going into this rant, I might as well say this:

Did you know that blacks were not the only slave groups?
    Indentured servants coudl; supposedly leave after a period of time, but that time could be extened for any reason. They were slaves.

And s at one point, there were more WHITE SLAVES than BLACK SLAVES in AMERICA.

and the french killed hundreds of thousands of hugoenots in the St. Bartholomew massacre

the english killed the Irish

the romans massacred christians

the crusaders killed innocent jews and muslims.

the Muslims killed plenty of people

the serbians killed bosnians/alanians in the '90s

apartheid in south africa

ISIS/ISIL in Iraq/Syria, torturing and beheading people.

all of those were much worse than 9/11
    edited 12.09.2014
    the arabs america killed were hardly "innocent"
    Seriously? They were woman and children.
    Also, I think it's time for this thread to go now, seeing that it's the 12th and it has nothing to do with alliance news or GGE for that matter.

Honestly, my final point is that I don't know what the OP was wishing to achieve with this thread on this forum.
  • bobbysbrobobbysbro Posts: 1,265
    edited 12.09.2014
    I feel sorry for all the victims... knowing that it was their government that did it too them
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • RaymondGarcia (US1)RaymondGarcia (US1) Posts: 598
    edited 12.09.2014
    I actually remember this day very well u can c all the smoke form my house that how big the building were i was 6 almost 7 school just started and we were sent home early that day.As soon as u saw that smoke u knew something was wrong...

R.I.P all the victims that died that day.
    RaymondGarcia is usa 1

fing game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2luhwy3KAE0

I'm leaving this game  may you please listen to my freestyle

• TannerM. (US1)TannerM. (US1) US1 Posts: 2,695
    edited 12.09.2014
    Alright, Ninja, I had a long reply typed up but then I thought, "hey, solid points". While I still disagree with you, I can respect your views. Anyway, recommendation to everyone who is still continuing, just let the thread go, everyone is going to be steadfast in their views and you won't change opinions so there is no point in arguing anymore. ........................................................
    nHIylr9gif = The battle plan

The Ningdom now and forever - Serry 

Hion has a small dink

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file