Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Gain More Coins!

CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
Hey everyone,

Let us know your thoughts on the new update here!

Regards,

Steve.
Post edited by CM Arcanine on

Comments

• cur (skn1)cur (skn1) Posts: 126
    edited 05.09.2014
    1. The Foreigners from the Invasion of the Foreign Empire will be weakened. They now cause only half as much fire damage and loot less than a normal player on the own server

there is a few heavy ruby whales with no life that plays 24/7 that like this event but the numbers of haters is HUGE, there is soooo many players that dislike this event, so to make more people love this event we now burn less and lose less loot? lol

2. There is a new version of the Nobility Contest in which you receive rewards for spinning the wheel of Fortune Wheel

so we now have Nobility Contest that ONLY ruby users can join? not chocked, but very disapointed...
    cur, Nordic 1
  • Obelix.Obelix. Posts: 31
    edited 05.09.2014
    money money money they only think :/
  • maximebrunetmaximebrunet Posts: 37
    edited 05.09.2014
    Perhaps now is a good time to change GGE's marketing strategy from "Free game" to "Free to try but you will have to spend to succeed"

I like the game and therefore I buy ruby; but I cannot ignore the cost increase to be able to compete with other!
    maximebrunet @ en 1
  • VoidstormVoidstorm Posts: 1,303
    edited 05.09.2014
    Hey Community,

The next update will contain the following features:

ggempire-iconxtaak.pngGain coins in player versus player battles
    • By defeating other castle lords you will now also receive coins
    • The amount of coins you receive depends on the glory points gained in battle
    • The coins will not be looted from the defender but are instead generated by the system
    • These additional coins are meant for low-level players who are eager to attack
    • The amount of coins in higher glory point areas barely increases, so that the coins in battles will only be a little addition to the actual loot
    • The looted coins have no impact on the carrying capacity of your troops, you loot as many resources as before, the coins are just an addition
    • Nevertheless you will still gain more coins by defeating robber baron castles than in the player versus player battles

ggempire-iconxtaak.pngOther changes
    • The Foreigners from the Invasion of the Foreign Empire will be weakened. They now cause only half as much fire damage and loot less than a normal player on the own server
    • When the Armourer is running, you can also buy his tools directly in the attack and defence planning screen
    • There is a new version of the Nobility Contest in which you receive rewards for spinning the wheel of Fortune Whe
    • With Nobility Contests that just have a short running time, there will be no full ranking of the participants shown any more. Instead, you will only see your own position
    • el
    • In the event of attacking and winning against robber baron castles, the level-barriers have been decreased for low-level players
    • When buying tools directly in the attack and defence planning screen, the maximum is no longer 99, instead it is now 500
    • The merchant dialogue of the resource trader, Armourer and such have been slightly altered so that they have the same set-up now

Some bugs have also been fixed with this update.

As always, you can let us know what you think about the update and ask any further questions you might have in the Discussion Thread! We will announce exactly when the update will take place at a future date.

Regards,

Your Empire Team.

Okay, the overview seems good.

However, the words in bold show what I don't like.
    What exactly do you aim to do by not showing the full ranking, GGS? I used to search for potential recruits by looking at their rankings, so I don't see any benefit removing it.
  • Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 05.09.2014
    Seems like a fine update, not anything too drastic or game-changing, which is good, in my opinion.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
  • FabulousDulcie (GB1)FabulousDulcie (GB1) GB1 Posts: 31
    edited 05.09.2014
    shame - instead of getting rid of the really unpopular foreign event - it has been tweaked to try and encourage use of rubies for tools
    would have been better to run another Tournament instead of insisting on this horrid event
    FabulousDulcie
    Proud leader of Phoenix Rises  (En 1)
  • test1231test1231 Posts: 389
    edited 05.09.2014
    Gain coins in player versus player battles
    By defeating other castle lords you will now also receive coins
    The amount of coins you receive depends on the glory points gained in battle
    Nice, I love the "free"coins..

Other changes
    The Foreigners from the Invasion of the Foreign Empire will be weakened. They now cause only half as much fire damage and loot less than a normal player on the own server
    Very good update!

When the Armourer is running, you can also buy his tools directly in the attack and defence planning screen
    Well, an update for rubies players ..

There is a new version of the Nobility Contest in which you receive rewards for spinning the wheel of Fortune Wheel
    WHAT????? A anobility contest just for rubies players!? What is this gge!? It was still a free game??? Yes, I know "that it is not mandatory", but slowly I notice that more and more rubies updates come ... But this is one of the worst! You make a contest, where players can join only rubies..!

When buying tools directly in the attack and defence planning screen, the maximum is no longer 99, instead it is now 500
    The merchant dialogue of the resource trader, Armourer and such have been slightly altered so that they have the same set-up now

That's good :)
    Stopped playing Goodgame . Will you join us ?
  • Muqsit (INT1)Muqsit (INT1) Posts: 1,433
    edited 05.09.2014
    Foreign weakened? okay thats fine..

But whats this that you cannot see full positions, I am against it, Why we see only our position. By seeing other position it is easier, we can see that how much closer the other positions are. That puts a great impact on our performance.The positions literally change our strategies..

Im against it..
  • smothjatrasmothjatra Posts: 18
    edited 05.09.2014
    Need to see the other positions. Think "benchmark"
    smothjatra @ usa 1
  • SJainSJain Posts: 359
    edited 05.09.2014
    With Nobility Contests that just have a short running time, there will be no full ranking of the participants shown any more. Instead, you will only see your own position.

I DONT LIKE THIS THING REST ARE FINE

By this players can know how capable a castle lord is but by doing this you are messing your own game
    RETIRED FROM THIS GAME
    NOT BECAUSE OF RUBY UPDATE BUT
    BECAUSE OF SLAVERY IN OUR SERVER
    CAPITAL & METRO IS EASY TO CAPTURE BUT SLAVERS MAKE IT HARD AND THEY PLAY UNDER PRESSURE OF BOSS ALLY
    WE ARE PROUD THAT WE DIDNT DID ANY SLAVERY AND DIED FROM THE GAME WITH PROUDNESS.........
    WE FOLLOWED NO PLAYER MADE RULES
    LONG LIVE WS2
    INDIAN SERVER
    [email protected]@K EMC DOD CHV WITH PLAYER MADE RULES
  • bob10101bob10101 Posts: 258
    edited 05.09.2014
    more and more, we are having updates in which activity doesn't matter only rubies. it has been said that the underworld master level is impossible without rubies, and now this. it is a contest of ruby spending. you may as well make a contest of spending rubies. its the same thing. a player who plays for 10 minutes during the contest but spends the whole time buying wheel of fortune tickets and using them will get many more points than a player who plays for the whole contest but doesn't use rubies. there is no skill or activity involved, only money. that's not the point of the game. im not sure where I saw this, but I saw a thread about buying an "I win" button, we are getting closer and closer to that.
    bob10101 @ usa 1
  • dragons sword 3dragons sword 3 Posts: 72
    edited 05.09.2014
    come on GGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    are you trying to make us suffer ??????????????

you first s the good stuff : wow , free coins when attacking ! cool ! then you say some thing a bit better , weaker forriners. then you star the bad news : we cant see the nobelty contest rankings !!!!! :thumbdown: then a new ruby buyers nobelty contest! siriosly not cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [URL="javascript:void(0)"]X([/URL]
    think even the normal ruby buyers are mad !

well let me guess , the rewards are super ruby deco's , solders and tools and advantages right ???? ya I think so !

come on GGE , stop this this is totally a thing that a non ruby buyer or a normal buyer cant afford ! come on!
    dragons sword 3 @ WWW 2
    edited 05.09.2014
    bob10101 wrote: »
    more and more, we are having updates in which activity doesn't matter only rubies. it has been said that the underworld master level is impossible without rubies, and now this. it is a contest of ruby spending. you may as well make a contest of spending rubies. its the same thing. a player who plays for 10 minutes during the contest but spends the whole time buying wheel of fortune tickets and using them will get many more points than a player who plays for the whole contest but doesn't use rubies. there is no skill or activity involved, only money. that's not the point of the game. im not sure where I saw this, but I saw a thread about buying an "I win" button, we are getting closer and closer to that.

I totally don't see a reason to disagree

this game is already ruined !
    dragons sword 3 @ WWW 2
    edited 05.09.2014
    I personally love the nobility contest and right nowim rank 1 in the current nobility contest and I have alot of difference with rank 2 , so I have a high chance to win and get a ruby deco , but now I hate it !
    I mean GGE , you keep ruining every thing !
    I would love to hear your reason! wait , I already know what you will say : ITS BEST FOR BISINES !!!!!!!

but our wrong because its the worst thing for your bisines !!!!!!!
    dragons sword 3 @ WWW 2
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    edited 05.09.2014
    Hey everyone,

Let us know your thoughts on the new update here!

Regards,

Steve.

Well i hate the idea of a contest for who can spend the most real money gambleing, which is effectivly what the wheel of fortune amounts to. I have never thought of it as any part of the game but i guess the fact it sits there in the front of my castle isn't too offensive. The nobility challenge should be something that is worked and includes someone being good at one element of the game, it should involve skill, of course there are many if not all of the nobility contests that can be aided by ruby buying, but on all the other nobility contests there is an element of gameplay that also influences the result. This is purely going to reward the person that can spend the most ruby and press the spin button the most, hardly worthy of a nobility reward, if you want to reward your biggest spenders i would suggest you do it covertly and offer them a monthly offline reward not rub the rest of your players noses in it by pretending its something skillfull, it really isnt!

I also think you are seriously pushing the boundries of gloryifying gambleing and i would have thought GGE would take its responsibilities there very seriously, are you going to make the game and 18 years old plus? as i think it sends a very bad message to younger players.

And what on earth is the idea of not showing the full league tables in the nobility contests, which "genius" came up with this, and yes just in case its not obvious I am being sarcastic, this idea is a stinker, i dont know if you think it will encourage more people to try harder and spend more rubies if you can only see your rank, well i can promise you it will have the total opposite effect on me, why on earth are you focussing your efforts on parts of the game that already work perfectly well, when have you ever heard anyone say they don't like the league table in the nobility contests.

so imagine a basketball game its quarter 4, 5 mins to go the game is 101-102 and its neck and neck the 2 teams are fighting it out now imagine the same game where the scores are not shown the teams only know if they are in 1st or 2nd place, do you think this would add or take away from the game!!!!!!!

or a little closer to home in the bundersleague, if teams were only shown their position in the league not how many points they have or how many points the other teams in the league have, or even who they are above or below them again do you think it would add or take away from the excitement of the event.

Yep its a stinker, please dont roll this one out, i for one will be much much less likley to even bother trying to win an event if i have no idea how near i am to be able to win, for all i know i could be 10,000 points behind the leader. crazyness.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • TheCatGod (US1)TheCatGod (US1) Posts: 394
    edited 06.09.2014
    I will address two things which matter most to me...

1: Halving the fire damage from foreign empire? I think it's a great move, but you know what would be a better move? Scrap the whole damn foreign empire. Seriously. Admit it. It sucks.

2: It's great that you're altering the resource trader, armourer, etc, but it would be greater if you could bring back the long-lost Resource Barterer!!! I can't even remember when I last saw him...did the foreign empire capture him and hold him prisoner?
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Three rights make a wrong.
    Car: right turn, right turn, right turn *CRASH*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TheCatGod of USA1
    Proud leader of L.I.O.N (Formerly FairyTail)
    Visit my Alliance at:http://www.lionalliance.shivtr.com/
    edited 06.09.2014
    TheCatGod wrote: »
    I will address two things which matter most to me...

1: Halving the fire damage from foreign empire? I think it's a great move, but you know what would be a better move? Scrap the whole damn foreign empire. Seriously. Admit it. It sucks.

2: It's great that you're altering the resource trader, armourer, etc, but it would be greater if you could bring back the long-lost Resource Barterer!!! I can't even remember when I last saw him...did the foreign empire capture him and hold him prisoner?

hi thecatdog , personally I love the forriners !!!!!! I always am succesfull in it and I always am one of the bests !

its a good event ! even if you don't get the top rewards , you still have earned glory !

and I agree that the reasorse barterer was really usefull but what can we do ????
    dragons sword 3 @ WWW 2
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 06.09.2014
    :D The next update is described really well!
    "Gain coins in player versus player battles
    •By defeating other castle lords you will now also receive coins
    •The amount of coins you receive depends on the glory points gained in battle
    •The coins will not be looted from the defender but are instead generated by the system
    •These additional coins are meant for low-level players who are eager to attack
    • The amount of coins in higher glory point areas barely increases, so that the coins in battles will only be a little addition to the actual loot
    • The looted coins have no impact on the carrying capacity of your troops, you loot as many resources as before, the coins are just an addition
    • Nevertheless you will still gain more coins by defeating robber baron castles than in the player versus player battles"
    All positive!

Invaders being weakened is good! :D

"With Nobility Contests that just have a short running time, there will be no full ranking of the participants shown any more. Instead, you will only see your own position." The only negative in the announcement.
    I like to be able to see who's participating and compete against other players... Some of the fun of the competition was removed. I want to why this is being changed?
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 06.09.2014
    Rightyo, new update. Still a small one, but at least big enough for me to say something to.
    These additional coins are meant for low-level players who are eager to attack
    Usually, updates that fail or underperform in this game do so for a variety of reasons. However, one of the most prevalent is when GGS attempts to serve the interests of their big spenders, over the interests of the wider community. Any update, then, that includes the words quoted above, is already 80% immune from failure, as compared to other updates. And thankfully, you guys actually deliver on this one. A fairly puny update, but one made in the right spirit, for the right people and in full understanding of the issues that must be addressed.
    The Foreigners from the Invasion of the Foreign Empire will be weakened. They now cause only half as much fire damage and loot less than a normal player on the own server
    I will probably disagree with many of my fellow players, in that I'm not very happy about this. It is probably necessary in light of the drastic and some may say disastrous, effects that the foreign invaders have brought, in order to patch up some of the major flaws. However, I would argue that this update, similar to the constant clear fires in MC gifts being distributed, only serves to address the symptoms, not the problems.
    It is a point I have made before, that material gains or losses, such as glory gains or fires in your MC, do not make an event good or bad. A good event, might well leave most players exhausted and barely able to walk(, similar to how a good soccer match which leaves all participants winded), while I would consider an event that randomly and arbitrarily distributed gifts (similar to a certain, wheel-spinning, fortune-making event I could name), one of the worst ideas ever conceived. The problem, then is that on forums such as this, people don't complain so much about bad game design, they complain about what they can actually see: their burning castles, their lost troops and their plundered resources. And while these are technically valid complaints, i feel them to be manifestations of symptoms of problems in the event design, NOT the problems themselves.
    My fear is that if we continue to patch the symptoms, in other words the things that people actually notice, rather than the disease itself, we might end up losing the popular support that is required to force change on the actual issue. Furthermore, it might also make an overhaul of the underlying game design impossible (or very expensive), by layering various patches and fixes for different symptoms and complaints, over that base design.
    When the Armourer is running, you can also buy his tools directly in the attack and defence planning screen
    *sigh, well this is obviously a ruby grab, but it can always be argued that it attempts to make the game more easy to use, and reduce all the clicking. So there an't much I can say against it.
    There is a new version of the Nobility Contest in which you receive rewards for spinning the wheel of Fortune Wheel
    This... is bad. This is really, really, REALLY bad. It's so bad, I'm not even sure the people who are saying it's bad know just how bad this is. In itself, this could probably be passed over as a simple sideline. A minor event with, at best, a nice shiny PO building that'll give you perhaps +0.2% more production over your current rate. However, this is a huge step in terms of the mentality of the game. Previously, there was not a single event, that did not at least attempt to foster the idea that people could play it without rubies. The concept was always "rubies are a shortcut", suggesting that if you put enough time into it, you could always attain that which others got with rubies. The wheel of fortune, abandoned this idea. ALthough, yes, the first spin is free, actual participation in this event is ONLY possible through rubies and NO OTHER MEANS. It was the first update that simply said "None ruby buyers? Get out.", without even a pretense of inclusion. I dislike being within ten feet of a conspiracy theorist, but this new update looks very much like this wheel of fortune mentality is spreading. Not only do we have a small event that is exclusive, but we now also have a particular nobility contest, and, arguably, the "master" mode of the underworld. This death of the idea of rubies=shortcut, in favor of rubies=gameplay, for me signals the essence of GGS marketing to ruby whales. It moves the game one more step towards the day, when every action we take in some form requires rubies, and when any ordinary players are simple chicken fodder for the whales.
    With Nobility Contests that just have a short running time, there will be no full ranking of the participants shown any more. Instead, you will only see your own position
    Sounds annoying and pointless. It would also remove the sense of competition, which is the entire point of having a score board, and a top 100 prize.
    When buying tools directly in the attack and defence planning screen, the maximum is no longer 99, instead it is now 500
    meh, sounds useful for capital defenses. Don't see why this shouldn't be included, so I like it.
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
  • dueltheabdul (INT1)dueltheabdul (INT1) Posts: 1,715
    edited 06.09.2014
    Everything alright except for 2 things:

1) Nobility Contest for Wheel of Fortune.. so you're saying that ONLY ruby buyers and can participate and that other player cannot? Why would you even do this? Everything else was said by Triangle.

2) We can't check the rankings??? The rankings give you a sense of competition, makes you feel competitive. Removing this, will just be a number that has no meaning. The nobility will lose the touch they had before.
    Please call me abdul Thanks

abdul @ International 2
    abdul @ canada1
    #thedreamliveson

The nice guy that attacks you and then sends resources. ^^ ----> Not anymore

A proud non-ruby player

Winner of 3 Nobility Contests, soon to be 4 (hopefully) :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In to comment.