Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

I have no idea how you people made it to Lvl70.

nwfred666nwfred666 Posts: 6
This game was tedious to start and it only got worse. By Lvl12 (just a few days of playing) this game has lost my interest. There is no end in sight to the Robber Barons quests and now it takes 4 victories (spaced out by a LOT of time) to raise the Robber Barons to the next level. Though I'm not sure why the Robber Barons level up after they are defeated.

The glory/looting quests seem never-ending as well. I now have to loot 12 castles for some piddly reward. Every player castle I attack seems to be abandoned. It's no real surprise that new players would lose interest and quit.

I purposely didn't join an alliance to see what it would like to be attacked and get some action. It happened once and, given some advance warning, I rearranged my defenses to block the attack. I would have considered counter attacking but the guy was 75 "fields?" away from me and I don't have that amount of patience. I am flabbergasted to realize the size of the map (from 1,1 to 1285,1285). The furthest that I've bother to attack is 12 fields away and even then I optimized some equipment to minimize travel time (and obviously paid for the non-ruby horses).

Some of the quests are just dumb. They got me to upgrade to a Sawmill even though my wood supplies are rarely ever used. They are also asking for a Flour Mill and a Stonemason. I don't want more of these resources, I want to spend what I have of them on something. Even if I purchase more siege tools than I'll ever use, I never drop below 6500 of wood, stone or food. I'd found it more effective to invest in Lvl3 Dwellings to get my population and taxes up. I sometimes am now sometimes short of coin and can no longer to afford every Mercenary Mission that is available. Wood, Stone and Food seem like useless resources.

So yeah, I could join an alliance and use some people skills by why bother if the game mechanics are just not there?
Post edited by nwfred666 on
nwfred666 @ usa 1

Comments

• nwfred666nwfred666 Posts: 6
    edited 04.09.2014
    From what I read, the alliances are all in-bred (with Mutual Defense Packs) anyway. Boring. Where's the hate? The competition? The good vs evilness of it all? Essentially, where's the glory.
    nwfred666 @ usa 1
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 04.09.2014
    I must admit, the game does have it's flaws but no wonder you've had a bad experience if you have chosen to not yet join an alliance. A reason many people do stay with the game is due to the social side of it. There are so many players out there who are mature and funny and genuinely interesting to chat to. Sure, you may have to look around alliances for a bit but it won't take long before you find a decent one.

There's people out there waiting to help players like yourself. As you level up, you will begin to use your resources up. Your attacks will begin to get a lot quicker and you can enjoy the bonuses an alliance has to offer.

The more you level up, the more the game has to offer and by not joining an alliance, as a level 12, you're not exactly going to invite that many attacks really. Only other lower levels nearby will send out small and easily defendable (if you're online) attacks. Join an alliance and get involved in a war... much more fun.

Robber barons only take longer to level up (they max at level 41 in green) but the rewards get greater. You will begin to loot more and more gold, equipment and rubies (essential to the game).

So there is a lot more in the game. Find a decent alliance. Save your fee castle move for when you've found one that you enjoy being in. As you level up, distance becomes MUCH less of a factor anyway.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 04.09.2014
    nwfred666 wrote: »
    This game was tedious to start and it only got worse. By Lvl12 (just a few days of playing) this game has lost my interest. There is no end in sight to the Robber Barons quests and now it takes 4 victories (spaced out by a LOT of time) to raise the Robber Barons to the next level. Though I'm not sure why the Robber Barons level up after they are defeated.

The glory/looting quests seem never-ending as well. I now have to loot 12 castles for some piddly reward. Every player castle I attack seems to be abandoned. It's no real surprise that new players would lose interest and quit.

I purposely didn't join an alliance to see what it would like to be attacked and get some action. It happened once and, given some advance warning, I rearranged my defenses to block the attack. I would have considered counter attacking but the guy was 75 "fields?" away from me and I don't have that amount of patience. I am flabbergasted to realize the size of the map (from 1,1 to 1285,1285). The furthest that I've bother to attack is 12 fields away and even then I optimized some equipment to minimize travel time (and obviously paid for the non-ruby horses).

Some of the quests are just dumb. They got me to upgrade to a Sawmill even though my wood supplies are rarely ever used. They are also asking for a Flour Mill and a Stonemason. I don't want more of these resources, I want to spend what I have of them on something. Even if I purchase more siege tools than I'll ever use, I never drop below 6500 of wood, stone or food. I'd found it more effective to invest in Lvl3 Dwellings to get my population and taxes up. I sometimes am now sometimes short of coin and can no longer to afford every Mercenary Mission that is available. Wood, Stone and Food seem like useless resources.

So yeah, I could join an alliance and use some people skills by why bother if the game mechanics are just not there?

I leveled to 70 before GGS made a bunch of changes to the game and ruined the leveling process.

The master builder used to be something you could 'rent' on a weekly basis to help reduce building costs. This helped tremendously to level quickly.

The only way to level quickly is to attack robber barons. The higher the level the more experience you get. I was able to get nearly a level a day or 1/2 a level a day at the higher levels. I would attack the same 4 barons in ice/sand/fire over and over and it helped me level quickly.

If i was a new player to this game, I would want to quit just like you do.
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 04.09.2014
    longshanks wrote: »

I also agree with this statement. I joined about a year ago and there have been some pretty poor updates since then. I speak from my experiences so perhaps it is much worse for a new player nowadays.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • fetirt54fetirt54 Posts: 542
    edited 04.09.2014
    longshanks wrote: »
    I leveled to 70 before GGS made a bunch of changes to the game and ruined the leveling process.

The master builder used to be something you could 'rent' on a weekly basis to help reduce building costs. This helped tremendously to level quickly.

The only way to level quickly is to attack robber barons. The higher the level the more experience you get. I was able to get nearly a level a day or 1/2 a level a day at the higher levels. I would attack the same 4 barons in ice/sand/fire over and over and it helped me level quickly.

I agree the game whas fun in the past. but its true when you level up the game gets fun to. like new kingdoms better buildings, events. and all that.

and you should join a fun alliance. when i whas a low lvl i joined a not that big alliance but i wanted to stay because the leader whas nice to me. later we got strong he is lvl 70 now and i am lvl 59
    I like Ducks

Proud non-ruby buyer
    edited 04.09.2014
    Chris2307 wrote: »
    As you level up, you will begin to use your resources up. Your attacks will begin to get a lot quicker and you can enjoy the bonuses an alliance has to offer.

Part of the problem is that the tutorial-style of the quests leave only one path to take. If you want the bonus XP you must build a Sawmill, Stonemason and Flour Mill even though you are probably better to build them, collect the XP and then destroy them to make room for more Dwellings. A new quest is telling me to add a 4th Lvl4 Woodcutter which is just beyond ridiculous. Maybe you need that much wood at Lvl24 or something but you certainly couldn't possibly spend that much wood at Lvl12.

Why should I have to fight the system like that? It just isn't very well thought out. In a war game you should be able to get completely wiped out by attacks and then build yourself back up using your knowledge of strategy and tactics. This is too much like Farmville where there is only one path and you follow it even if it is plainly stupid. It's an IQ drop and way too limiting.

Asking for yet another Woodcutter was the last straw. It all seems be a blatant ploy to get you to spend rubies on things you don't need.

Edit:
    It even takes an hour to destroy things (the Sawmill).
    nwfred666 @ usa 1
  • UserBob4UserBob4 Posts: 29
    edited 04.09.2014
    ruby spending depends on the player the first time I played let my castle go into ruins but find the right alliance and the game becomes addicting
    UserBob4 @ usa 1
    edited 04.09.2014
    nwfred666 wrote: »
    Part of the problem is that the tutorial-style of the quests leave only one path to take. If you want the bonus XP you must build a Sawmill, Stonemason and Flour Mill even though you are probably better to build them, collect the XP and then destroy them to make room for more Dwellings. A new quest is telling me to add a 4th Lvl4 Woodcutter which is just beyond ridiculous. Maybe you need that much wood at Lvl24 or something but you certainly couldn't possibly spend that much wood at Lvl12.

Why should I have to fight the system like that? It just isn't very well thought out. In a war game you should be able to get completely wiped out by attacks and then build yourself back up using your knowledge of strategy and tactics. This is too much like Farmville where there is only one path and you follow it even if it is plainly stupid. It's an IQ drop and way too limiting.

Asking for yet another Woodcutter was the last straw. It all seems be a blatant ploy to get you to spend rubies on things you don't need.

Edit:
    It even takes an hour to destroy things (the Sawmill).

I agree with you to a point. It is a bit frustrating to have quests that lead you down a certain path in the beginning. I wouldn't recommend building too many dwellings though. The more you loot RBCs (and the more they level up), the higher the return in gold and not forgetting, Longshank's point that you can gain XP from hitting RBCs. Attacking RBCs more frequently will mean you get more XP and more gold then dwellings (tax) and quests will ever give you. You should aim to attack 6 to 8 RBCs in a circular motion around your castle. You'll find yourself leveling up and getting gold in no time.

Instead of dwellings, why don't you try building additional PO buildings, more farms and build up a stronger army. Send a few attacks to other players at night before logging off (you'll have the attack report waiting for you the next day).
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • jack7749jack7749 Posts: 126
    edited 04.09.2014
    A flour mill very use full it in creases food production by 10% same with stone mason only they increase stone and sawmill with wood. And as for having too much resources send some to someone near you and complete one of your daily tasks.
    jack7749 @ usa 1
  • TannerM. (US1)TannerM. (US1) US1 Posts: 2,695
    edited 04.09.2014
    Unlocking new kingdom quests helps a lot. There are quests that you can basically buy exp for resources and coins.
    nHIylr9gif = The battle plan

The Ningdom now and forever - Serry 

Hion has a small dink
    edited 04.09.2014
    Why more farms? My food supplies seem unlimited.

My PO is +11 and while that seems to do something for troop recruitment times (a 12% boost), it doesn't otherwise seem very exciting.

I was doing the circular attacks with RBCs around my castle but when it started to take 3 or 4 attacks just to increase them by 1 level then it started to seem pointless. The quest that rewards you for hitting RBCs only cares if I hit RBCs that are level 12 and greater. It seems like a lot of work to get more than about 3 of them up to that level. I hear you that you gain some XP even for hitting RBCs that don't count towards quests but... well... it just seems boring and a waste of my coins. That is why I wanted to get my population higher so that my taxes were higher.
    nwfred666 @ usa 1
  • jollyjack82jollyjack82 Posts: 6,105
    edited 04.09.2014
    i made accounts on different servers and got bored and stopped using them.....i find it more fun being a highe lvl as losing a battle stoppes u from lvlin due to fires
    jollyjack8 @ en1 - Recruiter of New Vision
    mayO1xP.png
    King jollyjack8, level 48 (I haven't done quests since level 19 unless it was a good one)
    edited 04.09.2014
    i made accounts on different servers and got bored and stopped using them.....i find it more fun being a highe lvl as losing a battle stoppes u from lvlin due to fires
    That's what makes it seem too much like Farmville. The fun appears to be in having a large well-stocked well-protected castle. There appears to be relatively little fun in getting there.

The game creators should try to fix that. Without new blood it will otherwise eventually wither.
    nwfred666 @ usa 1
  • jack7749jack7749 Posts: 126
    edited 04.09.2014
    Like others said most of the fun is in having an alliance chatting with friends battling wars.
    jack7749 @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file