Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion: New Gem Changes + More Veterans

Comments

• Janbouli (INT2)Janbouli (INT2) Posts: 36
    edited 28.08.2014
    I just spent 24 3lvl gems and failed all 4 times with a 60% chance of succes, I don't want to spend rubies on these gems , so I'll just quit bothering about them. Either the succes rate has to go up or you shouldn't loose the gems just loose the coins.

Oh , why do I even bother , it's not about the coins in the game it's all about the coins GGS is making , but this will probably end soon , ever heard about the Chicken and the Golden Egg's
    Janbouli @ WWW 2
  • King VladKing Vlad Posts: 44
    edited 28.08.2014
    Cant replace gems, looks like the ok button is off the screen....
    http://prntscr.com/4haee4
    King Vlad @ en 1
  • daveandchelldaveandchell Posts: 75
    edited 28.08.2014
    The gems are going to become an essential part of the game, those ruby whales willing to ruby improve will have an even bigger advantage than they did have

The latest upgrade giving them guarantees to work has effectively destroyed the value of the first format which I like many have already levelled up to lvl 5 wasting huge numbers of gems to get there and already placed on our comms and casts as the odds of succeeding to lvl 6 without using rubies is close to impossible

GGS should consider those gems and change them to the new format in the spirit of fairness and equality

Subsequently I expect absolutely no change to them as fairness and equality doesn't equate anywhere within the ethos of GGS
    daveandchell @ en 1
  • Edgeman22Edgeman22 Posts: 2
    edited 28.08.2014
    Is it just me, or does the new backround music kind of remind you of Skyrim and Oblivion (maybe a bit of Morrowind) (Anyone who doesn't play the Elder Scrolls series, don't bother with this.)
    Edgeman22 @ usa 1
  • Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 29.08.2014
    I have a suggestion concerning the new research tower lvl3 veterans. The issue remains that in their existence, these troops reduce the value of kingsguard, and thereby the value of metros, capitols and towers. Now, the already stated solution to this was that the kingsguard should, in turn, gain a power boost. The issue I have with this solution is that it would render useless the primary effect of these new veterans, which is to give players who's alliances do not hold capitols, a selective fighting chance against those who do. In other words, if we're going to increase the strength of all the troops most likely to engage with these new veterans in response to the addition of the veterans, then there is little point in having added them at all.
    My solution to this issue, then, is to leave the strength of all troops involved alone, and instead increase the food consumption of the new veterans from 4 food/hour (f/h), to 5 f/h. This would still allow none capitol holders to compete selectively, with those who's alliances do hold such bonuses, because armies could still be raised with a comparable attack power, but less of these armies could be raised and maintained. Ignoring the difference in combat strength, this change alone would make kingsguard 25% more potent than the new veterans, while still allowing the two to compete on the same field of battle.

No!!!
    Then the new veteran defenders would be completely worthless, and few would use the attacking vets, simply cause of the cost.
  • jim3doors (AU1)jim3doors (AU1) Posts: 72
    edited 29.08.2014
    Philt123 wrote: »
    interesting, changes to gems, seems you had your wish when you wanted to make them more important in the game, and they were pretty irrelevant before, well you sure did that, the will now dominate the game moving forward.

am guessing that you dont want defense to play much of a role moving forward, given that the level 6 attacking gems add 15% extra troops to the flank which if you have 4 of them will add 60% more troops to the flanks which is adds another 307 attacking troops to smash the wall with, whilst the equivilent defensive gem adds just 6% extra to the wall, so again if you have 4 of them equiped will add 24% or an additional 77 troops so at level 6 the attacking gem add 4 times as much offensive power as the same def gem!!! good luck defending that!!

Its not as unbalanced as you think, the 3% gem you refer to adds 3% to all 3 sections not just the flanks. The defender can also counter with flank and front gems, Not sure what the flank defence % is as i reforged mine to improve my old cool down gems. But at level 4 the middle gets 5%. With 4 of those your 320 defenders in the middle becomes 384. It negates the attackers flank bonus as you are not fighting the battle there.

It will be hard to tell how balanced things are until players level up gems and develop strategies.
    jim3doors @ au 1
  • Captholo (INT2)Captholo (INT2) Posts: 13
    edited 29.08.2014
    I am all about the new Gems. The fact that they work 100% of the time takes the risk out of the attack/ defence. You know what you're getting every time. I've tried them out in some attacks and the advantage that they give is huge. You can actually break through a 1-flank defence now fairly easily if the defender isn't active.

So the new Gems give a marked advantage to active players. It is another big advantage for ruby players who can afford to play this game. As I am one of those, I don't feel sorry, but I do feel bad for those who can't afford to play. This isn't a free game and the sooner people learn that, the sooner they decide to stop playing or donate to the good men and women at GGE who allow us to have so much fun playing.

Good work GGE.
    Captholo @ WWW 2
    edited 29.08.2014
    Well the chances to upgrade the gems is still totally wrong the failure rate is ridiculous

GGS you greedy gits sort it out and stop trying to force us into using rubies

If it says 60% chance to succeed then make it 60% not 20%
    daveandchell @ en 1
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 29.08.2014
    I like the gem that increases the speed of returning soldiers! :D I like how the effects stack... I wish I knew if gem effects can cap... I know a maximum of 90 is possible for range/melee equipment... I wish GGS released all the information about gems.
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• Obelix.Obelix. Posts: 31
    edited 29.08.2014
    hey someone who knows what the new soldiers costs?
  • doom72doom72 Posts: 220
    edited 31.08.2014
    are they over costly like vet swords?
    non ruby buyer of aus1 server
    lv70 archduke
    The path to Hell was paved with good intentions...
    So the path to Heaven is paved with bad intentions?...
    edited 31.08.2014
    Well good to see that GGS have still failed to address the failure rate on gems

COULDN'T BE YOUR TRYING TO SCREW MORE RUBIES OUT OF US COULD IT GGS

Get real be fair and sort out the levelling up of gems, 6 fails at level 3 to level 4 in 18 hours before I got a single success and the fail rates had been similar prior to previous success

RIP OFF MERCANTS YOU ROBBING DOGS
    daveandchell @ en 1
  • InoxenT DeviL2InoxenT DeviL2 Posts: 2
    edited 01.09.2014
    Please Sir Make way so we can Distribute coins and rubies to members of alliance from alliance fund with the permission of Alliance Leader Only !!!!
    thnxfull Regards,
    Raja Luqman as " Inoxent Devil " .. International 1 ... lvl 36
  • FatherPretzel (US1)FatherPretzel (US1) US1 Posts: 516
    edited 01.09.2014
    Here is a gem question that I do not see answered.

If you get a 100% gem that gives you say 5% more attack strength in courtyard but you already have a 90 commander(max) will you get 95% in the courtyard battle. I am sure you will only have 90 on the walls/gate as it is not mentioned.

But can you go over the 90 limit to 956 or even 100% in the courtyard if you have the right gems?

I would like a mod answer or someone who is really sure.

Thanks
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,125
    edited 02.09.2014

If you get a 100% gem that gives you say 5% more attack strength in courtyard but you already have a 90 commander(max) will you get 95% in the courtyard battle. I am sure you will only have 90 on the walls/gate as it is not mentioned.

But can you go over the 90 limit to 956 or even 100% in the courtyard if you have the right gems?

Thanks

I suspect its like the 30% bonus or moral so its actually 1.90 * 1.05 ie 1.99% in courtyard total.
    Lord Roj @ en 1
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 02.09.2014

Thanks

Hey Justinlegoboy,

There is actually no limit here, you can go above and beyond 90 with gems and other bonuses, so in the case mentioned, you'd get a 95% bonus in the Courtyard.

Hope this clears things up for you!

Regards,

Steve.
  • triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 03.09.2014
    Well, overall I quite like the new gems. They're dependable, useful and bring in several new bonuses. True, similar effects could have been achieved if they'd simply added these new bonuses to the already existing equipment, but I suppose this, somewhat unnecessarily elaborate, system still works fine.

My only serious complaint now is just that I am just about certain that "super gems", or the gem version of the super ruby commanders, will be added shortly. I wonder if a few million additional rubies spent will be enough compensation to GGS, for the final wrecking of our current combat system. Unfortunately, I fear the answer to that, is yes.
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
  • Cho Gath (GB1)Cho Gath (GB1) Posts: 670
    edited 04.09.2014
    So now only archers wont be veterans? Why??(
  • GEuser5GEuser5 Posts: 1
    edited 04.09.2014
    [Does the forum button work in chrome? I had to whip out FireFox to access the forum.]

1. Gems - I miss the old gems! I'd love to be able to equip my old gems on better equipment as I acquire it. Is there any reason we couldn't have both versions of gems in the game at the same time? (The old, chance based gems and the new, 100% of the time gems.) I'm afraid to spend my old gems which is making it very difficult to sift through what I have when I want to upgrade gems. Having both gems would also allow the intellectuals of the game to figure out which are best... which you know they love to do. :)

2. Music - Everyone loves the new music. Could effects be added for certain events? Like "Building complete!" or an effect when a new battle horn pops up? Or when your commanders arrive back home? Having the music switch when you're under attack would also be cool... it could even build to a crescendo as the attack force approaches your walls. How exciting!

3. New Research - First, I don't like the current state of the research tree. First, why does the improved speed of research come so late? It needs to come earlier. Second for the new vets. The only prerequisite for the new vet defenders should be the old vet defenders. You should not have to research old Vet attackers before you can unlock the new vet defenders.

Keep up the good work.
    GEuser5 @ usa 1
  • FatherPretzel (US1)FatherPretzel (US1) US1 Posts: 516
    edited 04.09.2014
    Thanks for answering the Gem question and will be nice to add them to get a bit more bonus in the courtyard or wall depending on the gem you get.

Thanks and I think the new vets and gems are for once in a long while a good update. Glad there is a reward now for us level 70 players without access to KG's on a normal basis.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.