Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: The Underworld!

CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
Hey guys,

The depths of the Underworld are on their way! Let us know what you think of the upcoming event here!

Ready to take on the fiends?

Regards,

Steve.
Post edited by CM Arcanine on

Comments

• Breor (US1)Breor (US1) US1 Posts: 244
    edited 26.08.2014
    This sounds like a pretty neat idea, and it's definitely something different. Like the blade coast or thorn king under the earth? I'm not a fan of building the camps, but oh well.

Providing the PO of the end reward is good, this should be worth attempting.
    Are the pictures you posted in the official thread from the game and the player's perspective?
    Breor @ USA 1
  • Obelix.Obelix. Posts: 31
    edited 26.08.2014
    how many rubies should you use it?:huh:
  • longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 26.08.2014
    It sounds exactly like the thorn king with new curtains and a 'challenge' level.

Will the unique item rewards be worth the effort? Wait and see....wait and see...
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kookoo (GB1)kookoo (GB1) Posts: 441
    edited 26.08.2014
    looks like good update no doubt people find something to complain about
    I never completed the blade coat or the thorn king hope this is easier
    kookoo @ UK 1

• king2311king2311 Posts: 63
    edited 26.08.2014
    Should be interesting... It is probably going to be like Thorn King Event or Blade Coast.
    King23
    Lvl 48
    Proud Seargent of Real Steel
  • Cornet6 (US1)Cornet6 (US1) Posts: 1,740
    edited 26.08.2014
    Hmm... so thorn king, blade's coast, under the earth with a master mode and a normal mode.
    Cornet6 @ usa 1
    Cornet6 @Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn

Proud Founder of AAG

http://www.associatedalliances.com/
  • Hopes2Hopes2 Posts: 7
    edited 26.08.2014
    like there wasn't enough to do in game already :(
    Hopes @ en 1
  • lionidas2lionidas2 Posts: 576
    edited 26.08.2014
    i thinks it is a good even but lets wait and see
    "Don't think of yourself as an uglly person, think of yourself as a beautiful monkey"

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141772-the-story-of-a-gallant-warrior
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 26.08.2014
    So... thorn king. With a new story. And background. And new modes.
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • ylli21ylli21 Posts: 74
    edited 26.08.2014
    The adventurer seems to be very greedy and a coward too. Pretty much like GGS.
    ylli21 @ usa 1
    edited 26.08.2014
    Why do we need more monthly events?

Are the storm islands so terrible that players need another distraction?

Will the foreign invasion replace actual war between real players inside the great empire?

Are the current monthly events not good enough?

What happened to owning a capital as an accolade? Are they no longer considered to be important?

Why not improve the day to day battles inside the great empire and other realms?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 26.08.2014
    well they didnt mention that this is a monthly event
    "Don't think of yourself as an uglly person, think of yourself as a beautiful monkey"

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141772-the-story-of-a-gallant-warrior
    edited 26.08.2014
    plz sm margo is this a monthly event

• ErsioErsio Posts: 1,039
    edited 26.08.2014
    longshanks wrote: »
    Why do we need more monthly events?

Are the storm islands so terrible that players need another distraction?

Will the foreign invasion replace actual war between real players inside the great empire?

Are the current monthly events not good enough?

What happened to owning a capital as an accolade? Are they no longer considered to be important?

Why not improve the day to day battles inside the great empire and other realms?

this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Ersio @ USA1 Serv
    Official Sammich Quality Control Taste Tester of KON
    Official Spokesperson for JJ-5792
    edited 26.08.2014
    lionidas2 wrote: »
    plz sm margo is this a monthly event

The underworld event will have a similar schedule as the thorn king. Monthly events mean they last for around a month and then leave. Thorn king, blade coast, nomad invasion, and berimond are examples.

Storm islands is a permanent event that is always there and then it resets every month.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • test1231test1231 Posts: 389
    edited 26.08.2014
    Hi steve, (or other CM);
    Here are a (few) questions:

1) How much does it cost (coins, building materials)?
    2) From what level is it?
    3) There are high rewards at master class?
    4) What are the effects of the equipment?
    5) How strong are the soldiers?
    Stopped playing Goodgame . Will you join us ?
  • wert855 (IN1)wert855 (IN1) Posts: 758
    edited 26.08.2014
    cool idea GGS
    WERT855 THE PRIME
    INDIA1

Now a General of Illuminati :)
    Last Rubies brought : Somewhere in July or August 2015
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -Mahatma Gandhi
    "One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody." -Mother Teresa
  • Phantom MenacePhantom Menace Posts: 30
    edited 26.08.2014
    Sounds intriguing. I just hope it is not as costly as Thorn King AND that as you progress, the jump in difficulty is reasonable as Thorn King is not.
  • I Shall Rise (US1)I Shall Rise (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 26.08.2014
    Need some clarification here. If you enter the event in master level, can you never enter the event in normal level, or just not until the event comes again? Is the unique eq that will doubtless be offered only available in the master level, or better in the master level?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Shall Rise @ usa 1

I vehemently detest the spy report update. Give us back our tool numbers on towers.
  • triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 26.08.2014
    I've been looking forward to this ever since the idea was first announced, hoping that GGS might finally bring us a new event with new mechanics, tactics and ideas. Let's see what you guys got.
    As soon as the event starts, a large hole leading you into the depths will appear in front of your main castle. You will also receive a message in your inbox and an event icon leading you to the Underworld will appear. Just one click lets you discover more.
    Ok, so we're going to start this off like all the other events. Hmm, I suppose that can work, ease people in with a method they already understand. You can tell I'm really trying to give this event the benefit of the doubt, right?
    After you have negotiated the travel costs , you will descend into the underworld. Here you will find yourself at an expedition camp again, where you can transfer resources and troops from your main castle.
    Ok, so we're going to have an entrance just like blade coast or thorn king. Erm, I suppose that can work, those events do, after all, have a lot more potential in their basic setup than they actually use. Thankfully, this event will use the basic premiss of the previous events, to construct an experience that is entirely unique, creative and not at all copied from the other two main events, right?
    On the way to the sunken town, you will have to face some danger. Nasty fiends are just waiting to tear you limb from limb. The towers they live in must be defeated one after the other for you to move forward on the map.

But don't forget about your soldiers' morale , because it influences how strong your troops are
    Once you have defeated a tower you can't lose it again. You will immediately see the path to take from there to the next one.

Sometimes you will come up against obstacles that you can only repair/remove using certain resources. You will find these in nearby resource lairs, which can mostly be found around the towers. March there with your soldiers and collect what you need for this adventure.
    Err, I don't get it. This is identical in every way to blade coast or thorn king. In what way is this different from simply running those events again with different rewards and a shinier map?
    Decorations can really work wonders and prevent a rebellion in your camp.
    Also, what do you guys mean with "rebellion in the camp"? Some clarification here is needed.
    The rest of the event description
    Err.... I really can't figure out what exactly this is supposed to be. You guys, quite literally, took your own event (Thorn King), gave everything a new skin, put in a few new rewards, and are now selling us this thing as an entirely new event. Isn't this more or less the definition of lazy game design?
    Normal mode and the master level:
    Yes! Finally something different. Well done guys, you've managed to create an event, which is identical in every possible way to two other identical events already in your game, except for one feature. What is that wonderful feature, that will show the unique creativity of this company, and distinguish this event from the others?
    We get to do it twice.
    F*** You.
    Not only are you so astronomically, catastrophically, mindboggelingly lazy, you "create" an event which, to all practical purposes is a re-skinned version of an event, which in itself is a re-skinned version of an event, you also have the sheer audacity, the bravery, the shameless determination to allow us to play an event which is an exact copy of a re-skinned copy of a re-skinned copy of an original event.
    How many seconds, exactly, did it take your guys to come up with this "all new" event? Hmm!? And how many thousands of dollars, are you paying your developers for this? HMM!?!

I just can't bloody believe this. Professionals, grown up, mature people who've lived such long and varied lives. THIS IS THE BEST YOU COULD COME UP WITH!?

This is not the worst event or update I have ever seen come out of GGS, but it is by far the laziest, and by far, far, far the most disappointing.
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
Sign In to comment.