Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: New Mercenary Missions

Comments

• war37war37 Posts: 2,704
    edited 27.06.2014
    What does the hehe mean? Is that it:
    its useless for me,no point at all with their new updates, well this only for my point of view,but, make sense for me lately,better this one than the old ones, give u 6,900 coins with 6 marauder. hehe
    war37 @ WWW 2
    My all - time - saying sentence is:
    " I just bet ______ that _________, oh well I ____. "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Those citizens fooled you, tax collector.
  • gris the great2gris the great2 Posts: 2
    edited 27.06.2014
    Another worthless update. Just sucking our coins for over priced special units.
    gris the great @ usa 1
  • Blademan (US1)Blademan (US1) US1 Posts: 38
    edited 27.06.2014
    Si PPS wrote: »
    I must be an idiot then blademan why not PM me in the game and we can go one on one without support to see who is the most experienced player and thus "An Idiot"

Maybe I was too harsh and I'll keep an open mind (hope you do the same). But why would you think the new MC is better when:
    a) On the old one you could spend coins on the troops you needed and get them instantly.
    b) Not spend coins on resources that you are producing anyway.
    c) Not spend coins on tools that you can produce when needed by said resources.
    d) Only have to wait minutes instead of hours for new options to appear.

Love to hear your argument on why the new update is better.
    Blademan @ usa 1
    edited 28.06.2014
    a) The troops in the old camp was too expensive, and all troops i can see in the old camp just veterans and marauders ( rarely the others ).
    b) That resources will extremely helpful if you run out of it. ( especially in maurauder event or colosus ).
    c) There are ruby tools in there and i can just get them by spending coins.
    d) If i wait minutes in the old camp i will not touch of it anyway because it was too expensive.

Love to hear your argument on why the new update is worse.
    war37 @ WWW 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 28.06.2014
    Double post, just ignore this post.
    war37 @ WWW 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blademan (US1)Blademan (US1) US1 Posts: 38
    edited 28.06.2014
    war37 wrote: »
    a) The troops in the old camp was too expensive, and all troops i can see in the old camp just veterans and marauders ( rarely the others ).
    b) That resources will extremely helpful if you run out of it. ( especially in maurauder event or colosus ).
    c) There are ruby tools in there and i can just get them by spending coins.
    d) If i wait minutes in the old camp i will not touch of it anyway because it was too expensive.

Love to hear your argument on why the new update is worse.

Asked and answered (see above)
    Blademan @ usa 1
  • edited 28.06.2014
    http://prntscr.com/3xgrun

Enough said. This link is from a lv9 account I set up on the US1 server just to prove that there are free missions for lower levels. How does the lower level player lose out with this new merc. camp ?
    edited 29.06.2014
    Thank you for pm me but i already know there are free missions for lower level ( in my level there is, too ).
    war37 @ WWW 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WiglemaWiglema Posts: 205
    edited 29.06.2014
    At my level (70) there are also free missions, although not very often.
    Wiglema @ nl 1
  • Jess1420Jess1420 Posts: 20
    edited 30.06.2014
    The missions are useless. At least with the mercenaries an occasional useful soldier or group might come along. Sometimes price was high other times OK. These missions generally force you to "buy" things you don't want along with something else you may value (so far this is rare/nonexistent) in piecemeal dribs and drabs. Only value I see in this is to Goodgame to get players to waste rubies. I have seen a free mission and it was worthless. This is definitely a downgrade in the game.
    Jess1420 @ usa 1
    edited 30.06.2014
    Sir, these missions don't "force" you to and i have no idea how did we "wasted" rubies if we use this..
    war37 @ WWW 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaydpt (INT1)Jaydpt (INT1) Posts: 163
    edited 30.06.2014
    Jess1420 wrote: »
    The missions are useless. At least with the mercenaries an occasional useful soldier or group might come along. Sometimes price was high other times OK. These missions generally force you to "buy" things you don't want along with something else you may value (so far this is rare/nonexistent) in piecemeal dribs and drabs. Only value I see in this is to Goodgame to get players to waste rubies. I have seen a free mission and it was worthless. This is definitely a downgrade in the game.

Try giving your opinion when you reach a decent level, for any top level players who earn coins without trying hard will like this new camp, and any low level players that know how to loot properly will too the fact you can now get armor and rubie tools for coins is a biggie and overtime can really help active players who cant afford to buy rubies to often, and if you do not like it then do not use it simple as.
    Jaydpt @ WWW 1
  • stoner1950stoner1950 Posts: 5
    edited 30.06.2014
    personally i wish that you would have left the whole mercenary thing alone, at least when it was just a mercenary post you could get some kind of a deal but now you just pay a lot and you get nothing for your gold. please change it back. thank you
    stoner1950 @ usa 1
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,120
    edited 01.07.2014
    I have to admit to not really understanding it what is it we are supposed to do? I understood clicking to buy troops as I missed the update I spent time initially trying to access what the mission was I was suppose to do to get the troops. I thought maybe I had to loot the coins in the number of minutes specified. I probably should have read the instruction - which would be a first. But generally given the amount of other things to do as it's now more complicated I'll probably just ignore it. The initial version was easy to use, something I'd use consistently and got into the habit of coming back to the new version has way too many layers and it looks off putting.
    Batten @ en 1
  • I Shall Rise (US1)I Shall Rise (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 01.07.2014
    Batten2 wrote: »
    I have to admit to not really understanding it what is it we are supposed to do? I understood clicking to buy troops as I missed the update I spent time initially trying to access what the mission was I was suppose to do to get the troops. I thought maybe I had to loot the coins in the number of minutes specified. I probably should have read the instruction - which would be a first. But generally given the amount of other things to do as it's now more complicated I'll probably just ignore it. The initial version was easy to use, something I'd use consistently and got into the habit of coming back to the new version has way too many layers and it looks off putting.

All you have to do is select the mission you want and click "start mission." The coin amount indicated will be deducted from your total coin amount. After the time given to complete the mission has elapsed (you can auto complete it and skip the time with rubies), you go back into the mercenary outpost and collect the items. Nothing required but spending the coins and remembering to go in and get your things when the time is done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Shall Rise @ usa 1

I vehemently detest the spy report update. Give us back our tool numbers on towers.
  • neuterable (US1)neuterable (US1) US1 Posts: 756
    edited 02.07.2014
    What does this new post mean?

It means you will far more often see a handful of Demons, Marauders or KG Defenders in battle. What used to be rare, will now be common, but only in small numbers. It also means non-ruby buyers will now have a handful of ruby and armor tools, without having to spend the rubies.

All good things if your goal is to make the game a little more even.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • Nako067 (US1)Nako067 (US1) Posts: 1,851
    edited 02.07.2014
    I try to usually get the free missions, sometimes troops if they are cheap with some ruby tools, and most of all I aim for the free premium time. With the free premium time, you get 3 more free keys in the daily login bonus which is good.
    Nako067 @ USA1

Ultimate Fame on Xbox and Xbox1

Forum record 62 posts in a row.

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?110007-Spam&p=1296267#post1296267

original.jpg?w=128&h=128

What a save by Jimmy Howard #35
  • triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 04.07.2014
    Jaydpt wrote: »
    Try giving your opinion when you reach a decent level, for any top level players who earn coins without trying hard will like this new camp, and any low level players that know how to loot properly will too the fact you can now get armor and rubie tools for coins is a biggie and overtime can really help active players who cant afford to buy rubies to often, and if you do not like it then do not use it simple as.

Please don't make assumptions about other players, and please don't be insulting when you do. Even if he is a low level player, it does not mean that his opinions are worthless. On the contrary, low level players are generally underrepresented in serious forum discussions, and it is important that this sub group gets a word in. The fact that you may have played for a longer time does not mean that your opinion should be valued any more highly than that of other players. We all play the game, and we're all equally worthy of GGS's attention.
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
  • HotspurHotspur Posts: 13
    edited 08.07.2014
    I have a lot of dwellings and generally have a lot of coins, so I liked the old mercernary camp. I was able to overpay to immediately get more defenders or attackers. Before I had researched veterans I had castles full of them just fom this.
    Now I mostly just ignore the mercernary camp. You pay your coins and wait a while and get back probably one thing you wanted and two others that you didn't want. It's just annoying.
    Hotspur @ usa 1
  • georgethebunnygeorgethebunny Posts: 7
    edited 24.07.2014
    It doesn't seem worth it to spend the coins on troop or tool missions unless they are ruby tools. Then at least you're getting ruby tools for coins. I've been sticking to the occasional free missions and ruby tool missions. Everything else, including resource and equipment missions, doesn't seem worth the cost when compared to other means of acquirement.
    I'm just on a journey. As are we all.

georgethebunny @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.