Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Gems Update

2»

Comments

• Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 20.07.2014
    I'm finding equipment just as much as when the update wasn't here

The only way that would happen is if you loot 1-2 towers per day.
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • thermopylae (US1)thermopylae (US1) US1 Posts: 330
    edited 20.07.2014
    i voted for "it was okay but needs change". my reasons:

DELETE THE AUTO WAR (I DON'T CARE IF THE ON/OFF SWITCH WAS ADDED, IT WAS NEVER WANTED)
    CHANGE THE RATIO OF GEM-EQUIPMENT THAT YOU FIND
    GIVE US BACK OUR TOOL NUMBERS

that is all..... for the moment
  • fetirt54fetirt54 Posts: 542
    edited 20.07.2014
    i voted for "it was okay but needs change". my reasons:

DELETE THE AUTO WAR (I DON'T CARE IF THE ON/OFF SWITCH WAS ADDED, IT WAS NEVER WANTED)
    CHANGE THE RATIO OF GEM-EQUIPMENT THAT YOU FIND
    GIVE US BACK OUR TOOL NUMBERS

that is all..... for the moment

this update is about the Gems not the other one's thats what billy sayed in the first post of this tread
    I like Ducks

Proud non-ruby buyer
  • Usman922Usman922 Posts: 27
    edited 21.07.2014
    Gge finish that update :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RulerThor2RulerThor2 Posts: 436
    edited 22.07.2014
    we upgraded ally smithy to lvl 12 yest as i always get special equipment on upgrading smithy as i m always frist one to smith on smithy i ws happy as i thought i would get legendary like last time i got but i got that hell gem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GGE still owe me 100 kgs from first invasion
    Morning everyone,
    Imagine you went to a shop and paid for a drink, then a month later they were giving out the exact same drink for free, you wouldn't be entitled to any money back right? :)
    Hope this clears some things up, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
    Regards,
    Steve.
    I have a question where that shop???

Leader of Annihilators BA

RulerThor @ IN 1
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 22.07.2014
    Guys,

As I've stated in the discussion thread, we are forwarding all of your feedback on to the team and changes may happen in the future. However, the feature is brand new and hasn't even been out for a week yet. Give it some time to settle in, and give us time to analyse the feedback and see what needs to be done to the system.

Regardless of how many people vote on a forum poll, that doesn't mean something should or will be changed as a response. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the system rather than just saying 'this sucks get rid of it', please feel free to post them in the Discussion Thread or create a thread to talk about them.

Regards,

Steve.
  • Jaydpt (INT1)Jaydpt (INT1) Posts: 163
    edited 22.07.2014
    Only feedback needed is the system is flawed from the moment it came out and it must be changed, why offer us something that is impossible to achieve?
    Jaydpt @ WWW 1
  • Mighty Thor2Mighty Thor2 Posts: 14
    edited 22.07.2014
    Okay improvements:

1. Make the gems be a chance to loot besides the equipment, equipment is far more important than the gems.

2. Make us be able to upgrade a gem which have been inserted.

3. Let us be able to pay rubies to remove a gem safely from a piece of equipment.

4. Reduce the cost to insert gems: 500 gold for a level 1, 1000 gold for a level 2, 2000 gold for a level 3 (I don't know prices for level 4 and above)

5. Reduce the numbers of gems to upgrade to higher levels, as it is right now it would take years to reach a level 10 gem.

That is it just on top of my head.
    Mighty Thor @ usa 1
  • Sock_Guy101Sock_Guy101 Posts: 76
    edited 22.07.2014
    I don't know about you guys, but i love defending and the castellen gems can add a little spice to the battle! i Love the update!
  • Iota (AU1)Iota (AU1) Posts: 210
    edited 23.07.2014
    I find it annoying and it interferes with my Baron quests as they don't count as rare and Epic equipment.
    If that was changed so they had a form of value as ordinary, rare ect I'd be fine with it.
    Once part of a large and proud alliance everyone has deserted me.
    Now I must face the Demons I once called "Friends"

Fairly surviving leader of GUARDIAN HEART
    I'll regain my strength yet
    AU1 Server

Yes I cos-play on occasion and yes that is me in my profile picture

Once known as:
    Theta     :       AU1  [inactive]
    Torin830:       INT1 [inactive]
  • eggeggegg (GB1)eggeggegg (GB1) Posts: 109
    edited 23.07.2014
    Guys,

As I've stated in the discussion thread, we are forwarding all of your feedback on to the team and changes may happen in the future. However, the feature is brand new and hasn't even been out for a week yet. Give it some time to settle in, and give us time to analyse the feedback and see what needs to be done to the system.

Regardless of how many people vote on a forum poll, that doesn't mean something should or will be changed as a response. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the system rather than just saying 'this sucks get rid of it', please feel free to post them in the Discussion Thread or create a thread to talk about them.

Regards,

Steve.

Steve,

You've had a lot of suggestions and a lot of complaints. It feels like we are designing the game and GGS are just twiddling their thumbs.

Why don't the team just start by reducing the impact on the gameplay and slowly introducing what you hope to be a "major" new feature of the game.

So again, some suggestions:

- Reduce the gems found to be around 10-20% of the time so people aren't as annoyed by never finding EQ, you can increase the frequency over time

- Alliance smithy is for EQ, if you want it for gems as well after players paid in rubies for it to be upgraded then you need to compensate alliances for this change as this was not what was paid for

- Fix the update so that people can actually loot level 4 or level 5 gems (my top alliance members have found level 3 to be the maximum - even in maxed towers)

- Address the obvious elephant in the room about the time and gems it would take to get to a level 10 gem
    Real Steel EN1

• EvilurnonEvilurnon Posts: 105
    edited 23.07.2014
    eggeggegg wrote: »
    Steve,

- Alliance smithy is for EQ, if you want it for gems as well after players paid in rubies for it to be upgraded then you need to compensate alliances for this change as this was not what was paid for

- Fix the update so that people can actually loot level 4 or level 5 gems (my top alliance members have found level 3 to be the maximum - even in maxed towers)

- Address the obvious elephant in the room about the time and gems it would take to get to a level 10 gem

Hi there Egg,

Just my quick response to these few items. (Note: The first item about finding gems from towers etc is a reasonable suggestion, but something I don't really have a comment on at this time).

1. The alliance smithy isn't upgraded using rubies. It is only upgraded using Coins and Resources. However, the alliance smithy isn't in reality a brilliant source of equipment anyway. It definitely isn't something a player should rely on to give them equipment. That said, getting a gem or a piece of Equipment is reasonable (in my opinion).

2. As stated in the initial update post, it is possible to loot level 4 and 5 gems. Although it may appear through experiment that you have only found level 3 so far, that obviously doesn't imply that the update is broken! It just implies that the chance of finding level 4 or 5 is low.

3. Getting a level 10 Gem could be considered a similar difficulty as getting a level 20+ Piece of equipment. It is obviously near impossible to gather enough coins to create a maxed out piece of equipment, yet there is a reason for that! The update has only been out for a week, and so getting a level 10 gem may seem like an impossible task. I'm sure it was a similar situation back when equipment was first released. Gathering enough legendary pieces to make a decent commander or castallen seemed nearly impossible. But in reality it is just a progression that requires time.

As Steve has said before, we'd like players to give this update time. Your suggestions are very valuable to GGS, but changes will only come after a decent period of time, unless there are major issues.

Just my thoughts on your post friend,

Edward
    edited 23.07.2014
    Evilurnon wrote: »
    Hi there Egg,

Just my quick response to these few items. (Note: The first item about finding gems from towers etc is a reasonable suggestion, but something I don't really have a comment on at this time).

1. The alliance smithy isn't upgraded using rubies. It is only upgraded using Coins and Resources. However, the alliance smithy isn't in reality a brilliant source of equipment anyway. It definitely isn't something a player should rely on to give them equipment. That said, getting a gem or a piece of Equipment is reasonable (in my opinion).

2. As stated in the initial update post, it is possible to loot level 4 and 5 gems. Although it may appear through experiment that you have only found level 3 so far, that obviously doesn't imply that the update is broken! It just implies that the chance of finding level 4 or 5 is low.

3. Getting a level 10 Gem could be considered a similar difficulty as getting a level 20+ Piece of equipment. It is obviously near impossible to gather enough coins to create a maxed out piece of equipment, yet there is a reason for that! The update has only been out for a week, and so getting a level 10 gem may seem like an impossible task. I'm sure it was a similar situation back when equipment was first released. Gathering enough legendary pieces to make a decent commander or castallen seemed nearly impossible. But in reality it is just a progression that requires time.

As Steve has said before, we'd like players to give this update time. Your suggestions are very valuable to GGS, but changes will only come after a decent period of time, unless there are major issues.

Just my thoughts on your post friend,

Edward

Edward,

Thanks for your decent reply.

You are right about the smithy not requiring rubies, my mistake. A lot of the upgrades do require rubies. I am not sure what the balance is for the smithy but I'm to take it that you would agree that a 50-50 balance for that particular aspect of the game is fair.

I haven't found a single person who has reported on looting a level 4 or 5 gem, and some of our players are maxed in ice, sands and fire with their towers. Maybe you could hint at the probability of finding one, so that players have some idea what to expect, at the moment it is a bit tough for anyone to believe that it is even possible.

Getting a level 10 Gem should be tough I agree, however, I am not sure if you know how long it would take to find 280,000 gems, and that is to get to a level 10 without using rubies and have success each and every single time. This would be fine if all you paid was coins and lost them but in this case you lose all the gems too. Losing one Gem each time is something people can deal with for a failed upgrade, losing them all seems a bit hard to take. You would have to just start over... So that is for one level 10 Gem for one piece of EQ, most people have 7 castellans and 12 commanders, so 76 pieces of EQ.... I'll be dead long before that happens and I'm still in my prime.

Take your time thinking it over, we just keep losing players because they can't be bothered anymore, you need to think of something more exciting to keep people interested.

Level 80 maybe?

Eli

p.s. I understand the problems with the ordinary EQ from maxed towers is being looked at. Hope the team fixes it soon.
    Real Steel EN1

• longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 23.07.2014
    Added in bold.
    Evilurnon wrote: »
    Hi there Egg,

I have seen 1 level 5 gem looted in my entire alliance since the gems were added. It's rare.

No offense, but a moderator knows nothing about what is going on behind the scenes at GGS. Steve barely gives any information to the moderators, which is unfortunate.

Edward, I don't see how you are qualified to give any information about what the development team thinks (your guessing as much as the players are).

You can join the ranks of the ridiculously misinformed and optimistic if you think playing the game for 7.5 years to loot more than 820K level 3 gems to forge a level 10 gem is compared to a level 20 unique item. Your analogy just doesn't make sense.

Getting a level 20 piece of armor is EASY in comparison considering that anyone with enough coins at the technicus could do it in 1 day.

4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 23.07.2014
    longshanks wrote: »
    Added in bold.

So, which tower/fort did your alliance loot it from?
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
    edited 23.07.2014
    Billy962 wrote: »
    So, which tower/fort did your alliance loot it from?

3 days ago, max level cultist tower

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 24.07.2014
    Limefighter just said he looted two level 5 gems from the same place ....

and he said he hit 240 gems in the past few days!
    Real Steel EN1

• Lemmy (INT2)Lemmy (INT2) INT2 Posts: 25
    edited 24.07.2014
    The gems should at least be worth something more if you just want to sell it. It's a gem after all, not a rusty 'ol helmet!
    Lemmy -  International 2
    edited 24.07.2014
    eggeggegg wrote: »
    Limefighter just said he looted two level 5 gems from the same place ....

and he said he hit 240 gems in the past few days!

I've looted a ton of gems, but it's nothing to get excited about. I still haven't seen any level 5s, but I know they exist.

I craft level 4s all the time and with some lucky level 5 gems and a few crafted ones, it's possible to reach a level 6 gem sure. Big deal. The system is still horribly out of whack if you consider the time/effort to reach level 10. YEARS LOL.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file