Home Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

GEMS - some answers and explanations

Comments

• William TravisWilliam Travis Posts: 51
    edited 18.07.2014
    Thanks for starting this.

Will the gems allow the attributes to exceed the max of the equipment?

For example if I add looter gems to my maxed marauder equipment is there any benefit or have I wasted a gem?
    William Travis @ usa 1
  • longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 18.07.2014
    Thanks for starting this.

Will the gems allow the attributes to exceed the max of the equipment?

For example if I add looter gems to my maxed marauder equipment is there any benefit or have I wasted a gem?

Nobody knows for sure.

The only way to know is to test it yourself (assuming the gem actually had a successful attempt).

If you attack the same max level baron over and over and over with a 70% resources commander and the same amount/type of soldiers you will know what to expect in terms of resources looted per trip. Add a gem. Then if it brings home more resources 1/10 attempts, then you know it is doing something.

I doubt GGS will ever give us a response. The prefer to hide behind the curtain when it comes to actual values and mathematics.
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steve5482steve5482 Posts: 142
    edited 18.07.2014
    longshanks wrote: »
    Devstey2 was the first to do the calculation, but so far if you assume 100% chance of success you will need 823,543 gems to complete 1 level 10 gem.

Thanks for collecting this info. I found the post from devstey2 and the number was based on starting from level 3 gems. Starting from level 1 it should therefore be even worse ;-(

I wonder how the success rate will change at higher levels, I will certainly watch this thread - thanks for creating and maintaining it.
    steve548 @ 7
  • eggeggegg (GB1)eggeggegg (GB1) Posts: 109
    edited 18.07.2014
    steve5482 wrote: »
    Thanks for collecting this info. I found the post from devstey2 and the number was based on starting from level 3 gems. Starting from level 1 it should therefore be even worse ;-(

I wonder how the success rate will change at higher levels, I will certainly watch this thread - thanks for creating and maintaining it.

starting with level 3 it would be 823,543

starting with level 2 it would be 5,764,801

starting with level 1 it would be 40,353,607

oh and just for reference if anyone actually manages to loot a level 4 or a level 5 gem ( i still haven't heard of anyone doing it)

starting with level 4 it would take 117,649

starting with level 5 it would take 16,807

so, if anyone ever manages to figure out where you can loot level 5 gems from, you only have 17,000 to go plus a whole ton of rubies to make sure it doesn't screw up and you lose everything on the way
    Real Steel EN1

• D1237 (US1)D1237 (US1) Posts: 193
    edited 18.07.2014
    Wiglema is right.
    D1237 @ usa 1

aHat4DbkRrlHa.gif
  • WiglemaWiglema Posts: 205
    edited 18.07.2014
    D1237 wrote: »
    Guys, that calculation of 823543 for a level 10 is incorrect. :huh:

Basically that number came from assuming 7 Gems for each level, but its 6. The reason is that the Gem being upgraded is not destroyed - you keep it.

Sorry D1237, but 823543 is the correct number.

The gem being upgraded is not destroyed, but you do need it.

Imagine you have 7 level 3 gems.
    Then you somehow sucessfully upgrade one of them into a level 4 gem.

Now how many level 3 gems are left? One, as you suggest, or none?
    I say none.
    And one level 4 gem.

So you have used not 6 but 7 gems to gain 1 gem at level 4.
    Wiglema @ nl 1
    edited 19.07.2014
    okay, whatever you need, 6 gems lost to create a new one or 7

if you need 6 each time and you need 7 levels of upgrades - going from 3 to ten, then you will need 279,936 gems

look if you want to argue about how many you need you can, but bear in mind these facts

that this is based on upgrading each time with 100% success rate

there is a diminishing rate of of success

it costs a lot each time in coins, or rubies

nobody is getting enough equipment anymore

the effect of the gems is not definite, 2% chance of a chance is 98% chance of nothing

it would take you ages to collect 100,000 gems let alone 280,000
    Real Steel EN1

• elendil (NL1)elendil (NL1) NL1 Posts: 76
    edited 19.07.2014
    the numbers in the first post are the lvl 1 gems. with lvl 2 or higher sometimes the first % get higher or sometimes the numbers of soldiers ofr effect get higher.

I looted a lvl 4 gem: 10% change of getting 30 kingsguards in the keep.

did not use any ruby to upgrade.

but i lost a lot of coins trying to upgrade lvl 2 or lvl 3 gems to lvl 3 or 4. only 1 time any upgrade had succes so far.
    elendil @ nl 1
    edited 19.07.2014
    elendil wrote: »
    the numbers in the first post are the lvl 1 gems. with lvl 2 or higher sometimes the first % get higher or sometimes the numbers of soldiers ofr effect get higher.

I looted a lvl 4 gem: 10% change of getting 30 kingsguards in the keep.

did not use any ruby to upgrade.

but i lost a lot of coins trying to upgrade lvl 2 or lvl 3 gems to lvl 3 or 4. only 1 time any upgrade had succes so far.

where did you loot a level 4 gem?
    Real Steel EN1

• burton2 (US1)burton2 (US1) Posts: 64
    edited 21.07.2014
    FYI for the first page updates...

of final fight: lvl 3 = 6% of 3% more strength in keep
    lvl 4 = 9% OF 6%
    lvl 5 = 12% OF 10% (4 embedded lvl 5 gems might actually be worth something)
    burton2 @ usa 1
  • JBGroffJBGroff Posts: 2
    edited 22.07.2014
    seems like the new stuff GG comes up with always has pitfalls. it's an interesting idea, maybe when upgrading gems counts towards upgrading a piece of equipment in our list of daily tasks and a few more kinks are worked out it'll be worth it but right now it's a generally lousy addition.
    to bad they don't make trial runs of these thing using pearls or khan tablets. they'd be able to balance these thing out better before introducing them permanently into GGE. now there just a sand trap that'll burn a whole in your pocket if your not careful
    JBGroff @ usa 1
  • georgethebunnygeorgethebunny Posts: 7
    edited 22.07.2014
    After reading all of the posts, I'm seriously thinking about just selling every gem I get. Even though they aren't worth much, it will save me a ton of coins and/or rubies to upgrade merely to a better possibility of something good.

Nonetheless I'm curious (and if this was answered already, please be polite and just reiterate for me) if the effect stays with the equipment for multiple attacks or is good for just one? Also, if a player uses a gem on a lower level piece of equipment and then combines that piece with 5 others to smith a higher level, does the effect bonus carry over?

Any help is appreciated.
    I'm just on a journey. As are we all.

georgethebunny @ usa 1
  • berleth (US1)berleth (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 22.07.2014
    Thx for the thread and the maths guys.

The only question that remains: does it add to the max 90/90 melee/ranged bonus of a commander or a castellan.

If not, the system is useless.
    berleth @ usa 1
    edited 22.07.2014
    Nonetheless I'm curious (and if this was answered already, please be polite and just reiterate for me) if the effect stays with the equipment for multiple attacks or is good for just one?

It stays.
    Also, if a player uses a gem on a lower level piece of equipment and then combines that piece with 5 others to smith a higher level, does the effect bonus carry over?

According to the official information, the gem (and its effect bonus) is lost when you forge equipment to which a gem is attached.
    Wiglema @ nl 1
  • georgethebunnygeorgethebunny Posts: 7
    edited 23.07.2014
    Thank you Wiglema.
    I'm just on a journey. As are we all.

georgethebunny @ usa 1
  • edited 23.07.2014
    eggeggegg wrote: »
    starting with level 3 it would be 823,543

starting with level 2 it would be 5,764,801

starting with level 1 it would be 40,353,607

oh and just for reference if anyone actually manages to loot a level 4 or a level 5 gem ( i still haven't heard of anyone doing it)

starting with level 4 it would take 117,649

starting with level 5 it would take 16,807

so, if anyone ever manages to figure out where you can loot level 5 gems from, you only have 17,000 to go plus a whole ton of rubies to make sure it doesn't screw up and you lose everything on the way

I've looted 2 Level 5's. Both at Max level Peaks towers.
    Ocv6IIZ.png

limelighter @ usa 1
  • devstey2devstey2 Posts: 96
    edited 24.07.2014
    actually, i was wrong and the person who said it is 6 gems per upgrade is right. well, strictly, it is 6 ^ 6 + 1, the plus one is the gem you upgrade.

so it would take 279,936 + 1 = 279,937 gems to make one lvl 10 gem. assuming no failures.

sorry that i missed this everyone. lol

what i don't understand is, i have hit probably 300 maxx towers in all lands since hte upgrade and never got more than lvl 3 gem. yet others have looted them.
    devstey @ au 1
    edited 24.07.2014
    devstey2 wrote: »
    actually, i was wrong and the person who said it is 6 gems per upgrade is right. well, strictly, it is 6 ^ 6 + 1, the plus one is the gem you upgrade.

so it would take 279,936 + 1 = 279,937 gems to make one lvl 10 gem. assuming no failures.

sorry that i missed this everyone. lol

Actually, you were right the first time.

It's not 6 ^ 6 + 1 (I guess you mean 6 ^ 7 + 1, but that's equally wrong), but it's (6 + 1) ^ 7, starting from level 3.

It takes 7 gems of a given level to get one level higher.
    Only if you fail, it will cost you 6 gems (extra).

If I ignore my failed attempts, I have used 7 x 7 level 3 gems to make 7 level 4 gems, which in turn I could use to make 1 level 5 gem.
    It's impossible to make 1 level 5 gem from 6 ^ 2 + 1 = 37 level 3 gems.
    With luck (or rubies), the minimum amount of level 3 gems needed for 1 level 5 gem is 7 ^ 2 = 49 level 3 gems.

And so on.
    Wiglema @ nl 1
  • D1237 (US1)D1237 (US1) Posts: 193
    edited 26.07.2014
    That isn't quite right anymore. I made a new post about the correct number....
    D1237 @ usa 1

aHat4DbkRrlHa.gif
  • Jess1420Jess1420 Posts: 20
    edited 08.08.2014
    Frankly the whole gem thing is an anathema. Have not used any and don't even notice how they can be used without paying to attach them to equipment. To me its just a waste. Am I missing something or is there an simpler way to utilize them.
    Jess1420 @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.