Discussion Thread: Improve your equipment with gems!

Comments

• ScotslordScotslord Posts: 56
    edited 21.07.2014
    Philt123 wrote: »
    "So maybe you can now see why people think its a total waste of time, because if you break down the maths its plain to see that's exactly what it is!!! I mean even someone who has all 90 -90 comms and casts, is still unlikley to find gems more useful than equipment!

If you then factor in the fact the defending player can just avoid the flanks and defend the middle to totally negate all your months of work'

I dont believe this gem update has anything to do with players ability to increase the abilities of commanders/castellans, if that was their aim they would have included the gems as additions to eq. The addition of gems is purely driven by the ability of GGS to got more rubies spent in upgrading them, and of course that means we have to buy more rubies, or simply put, the gems are not for our benifit, but simply yet another ploy to get players to buy more rubies in the attmpt to make them have some use, lol.
    Scotslord @ en 1
  • NoticiaNoticia Posts: 76
    edited 21.07.2014
    Well, I'm getting more equipment now, but its quality seems to have decreased drastically. I am now getting ordinary pieces from maxed towers. Before this update I'd at least receive rare pieces, never ordinary.
    Are you torturing us on purpose GGE? Games are supposed to be fun, and I have not been having fun while playing your game lately.
  • Obelix.Obelix. Posts: 31
    edited 21.07.2014
    GGS get so many complaints on mail. but GGs do not do something about it. :(
  • Cedric the Red (US1)Cedric the Red (US1) Posts: 268US1
    edited 21.07.2014
    Hey Community,

Let us know what you think of the latest update in this thread!

Cheers,

Steve.

Why should we bother letting you know about this new update? Do you listen to what we have to say about any of this? If you did, we wouldn't have the Auto-War Declaration back, we would have our full spy reports back, the Wheel of Fortune would be gone, the FIFO gambling would have been stopped. But none of this is true, so why should we continue to tell GGS what we think.

The bottom line is this: All of the updates you have given us starting with the Update that included the Auto-War Declaration, the Tributes, and all the rest in that update have not been very good. The Auto-War Declaration, the Spy Reports stripped of tool information, the replacement of getting good equipment with getting shitty gems all are turning this game from a Strategy Game into a big crap-shoot of a game.

Here are a few examples of stupidity:

You bring back the Auto-War Declaration. People are afraid to start battles for glory because of the possibility of all-out war with another alliance. So you first introduce a nobility contest awarding 1 point for each Glory point won in battle, then several hours later add the Glory event which gives 20% more glory for each battle. But people are still not going to start battles for fear of starting a war. And this is after more than 500 of pages of comments, the majority of which stated emphatically that we did not want auto-war. And we did not want the tributes. Auto War went, temporarily, but tributes stayed. Now Auto War is back.

The Wheel of Fortune is still here. A lot of people objected to that and to the World Cup events because there are children, lots of them, playing this game and gambling is illegal in this country if you are under 18 years of age. Did you remove those? No. And then you come out with this gem thing. "You have a 2% of having 20 Travelling Knights assist you in battle." This is a game of strategy, not of chance.

All in all, GGS has a .0005% chance of understanding that they are going to lose 100% of their players if they don't stop messing with our game. While you are introducing all of these idiotic changes that we have made plain we do not want in our game, you are ignoring bugs and reasonable improvements to the game. For example, I have been playing this game since November 2013 and have asked for several changes to the censor in this game, none of which have happened. It's a war game, why can't we say "kill", google.com is not an inappropriate comment, if I can say "ass" why not "arse"? We are the ones doing battle, we should get to choose how we do battle.

I have not like even 10% of the changes made to this game, with the update that included the Auto War Declaration.
    Cedric the Red - TMK WarKings @ usa 1
    I am against the majority of updates made starting with the update that included the Auto-War Declaration, the Tribute Demands, Open Gate Looting of Resources, and Increased Construction Time for Building New, or Upgrading Existing Ruby Buildings. Please revoke and give us back our strategy game.

• ScotslordScotslord Posts: 56
    edited 22.07.2014
    Why should we bother letting you know about this new update? Do you listen to what we have to say about any of this? If you did, we wouldn't have the Auto-War Declaration back, we would have our full spy reports back, the Wheel of Fortune would be gone, the FIFO gambling would have been stopped. But none of this is true, so why should we continue to tell GGS what we think.

The bottom line is this: All of the updates you have given us starting with the Update that included the Auto-War Declaration, the Tributes, and all the rest in that update have not been very good. The Auto-War Declaration, the Spy Reports stripped of tool information, the replacement of getting good equipment with getting shitty gems all are turning this game from a Strategy Game into a big crap-shoot of a game.

Here are a few examples of stupidity:

You bring back the Auto-War Declaration. People are afraid to start battles for glory because of the possibility of all-out war with another alliance. So you first introduce a nobility contest awarding 1 point for each Glory point won in battle, then several hours later add the Glory event which gives 20% more glory for each battle. But people are still not going to start battles for fear of starting a war. And this is after more than 500 of pages of comments, the majority of which stated emphatically that we did not want auto-war. And we did not want the tributes. Auto War went, temporarily, but tributes stayed. Now Auto War is back.

The Wheel of Fortune is still here. A lot of people objected to that and to the World Cup events because there are children, lots of them, playing this game and gambling is illegal in this country if you are under 18 years of age. Did you remove those? No. And then you come out with this gem thing. "You have a 2% of having 20 Travelling Knights assist you in battle." This is a game of strategy, not of chance.

All in all, GGS has a .0005% chance of understanding that they are going to lose 100% of their players if they don't stop messing with our game. While you are introducing all of these idiotic changes that we have made plain we do not want in our game, you are ignoring bugs and reasonable improvements to the game. For example, I have been playing this game since November 2013 and have asked for several changes to the censor in this game, none of which have happened. It's a war game, why can't we say "kill", google.com is not an inappropriate comment, if I can say "ass" why not "arse"? We are the ones doing battle, we should get to choose how we do battle.

I have not like even 10% of the changes made to this game, with the update that included the Auto War Declaration.

Well said, i agree 110%, shame GGS wont listen or pay attention to this post, same way as they ignore every other post Pffft, waste of time commenting on any updates, as we are just testers for their rubbish update, or as Steve put it, "in house testers" lol
    Scotslord @ en 1
  • I Shall Rise (US1)I Shall Rise (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 22.07.2014
    The hotfix was a JOKE. I am now getting ordinary eq from maxed towers occasionally, and pretty much besides that all green. This NEVER would have happened before. GGS, are you trying to annoy your entire customer base? If so, you are doing an excellent job! So now we have the gem update crammed down our throats, forced to deal with it, still without the common sense option to choose if we want eq or a gem, and we have even worse odds of getting high quality eq than before the gem update originally took place. We're forced to accept getting gems (in my experience thus far about a third of the time, maybe a bit more) and even worse eq. Way to completely mess up one of the few things that keeps me attracted to this game.

Steps that need to be taken for player resolution:

1) Immediately give us the option of choosing to loot a gem or eq, or make it so we always get eq and have a chance at a gem.

2) Return the EQ rates to where they were BEFORE THE UPDATE AND HOTFIX. Ordinary eq from maxed towers is unacceptable and yet another slap to the face of loyal players.

3) Fix the glaringly flawed gem improvement system. The way it is now a level 10 gem is impossible for anyone to get.

Personally I would rather see the entire gem system gone. This should not be a game of chance. It should be a game of strategy and skill, and when it was just that it was a lot more fun. I am sick and tired of seeing the game ruined and everything that was once enjoyable turned upside down because of poorly designed, inherently flawed, customer hated updates, largely fueled by a level of greed unparallelled in the modern gaming community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Shall Rise @ usa 1

I vehemently detest the spy report update. Give us back our tool numbers on towers.
  • jim3doors (AU1)jim3doors (AU1) Posts: 72
    edited 22.07.2014
    In regards to the slider, this will most likely not happen as we want gems and equipment to both be obtained. Allowing people to select one would mean they could farm for a particular kind and we want gems to become a core part of the game as equipment is.

Why not make a slider bar that can not go past say 20 to 30 % of one kind or another? For example a player could have 30:70 (equipment to gems) or 70:30 (equipment to gems). This way there is the chance of getting either but it is somewhat customizable.
    jim3doors @ au 1
  • I Shall Rise (US1)I Shall Rise (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 22.07.2014
    Sorry, but this function will not be available. This would eliminate the whole purpose of having the gems in the game. When the hotfix happens, you should find a decent balance between equipment and gems though.

This system is brand new, and is always open to change, I believe it's too early to dismiss it straight away. It's a big change to the equipment and battle system yes, but that doesn't mean it's a bad one.

There won't be any kind of selector like this, but with todays Hotfix the probability of finding equipment will be increased to balance it out a bit.

So, then, what is the "whole purpose of having the gems in the game"? It's clearly not for us players, because along the lines of you said what many people want won't be added because it defeats what the game designers have planned. This update, as with almost every update, is not to please players. It's not for us. It's for you. Why the gems? It's not a way to improve eq, it's a crapshoot. It's a way to give players a small chance of another bonus, a way that heavily favors ruby buyers willing to spend on it. Basically another money grab. And what ticks me off is its being shoved down our throats. All the talk of gems becoming as important as eq in battle is complete and total nonsense. For an average player gems will never be a sure enough bet to come close to matching eq's importance, and it is an outrage that we are being FORCED to deal with them. Their bonuses aren't even that great. Utterly unbelievable such a hugely important part of the game is being changed largely for the worse, yet again, to get more money.

The way it is now after the hotfix is even worse than before. We aren't getting enough gems to improve them and build them up enough to make them an integral part of gameplay as the designers want (don't get me wrong, I don't want any). And now we aren't getting enough or high enough quality eq to build that up efficiently. It is unfair to newer players and to anyone who doesn't have their eq built the way they want yet. The powers that be have ruined this game time and again. I am just about done with it.

What angers me the most is I had hope for this update. When the super eq sets came out and people were angry, a CM mentioned there was an update to make eq better in the works. THIS DOES NOT MAKE EQ BETTER. It makes it harder for everyone to improve their ACTUAL eq, in favor of FORCING us to deal with gems, which only have a slight chance of actually having significance in battle. It makes it twice as hard to develop the same level of eq, twice as hard to compete with ruby buyers who have the super eq, and makes the game incredibly less enjoyable and more frustrating.
    Hey again folks,

In regards to the slider, this will most likely not happen as we want gems and equipment to both be obtained. Allowing people to select one would mean they could farm for a particular kind and we want gems to become a core part of the game as equipment is.

See my earlier comments. And just who is "we"? The game developers? I at least give you all kudos for being honest here and outright admitting you don't care what the players want, only what you want. Gems are a joke. They will never be as core a part of the game as eq is. Their odds are too small, their bonuses often too insignificant. I'll say it again. This update is so hugely unfair to the newer players who don't have the eq others may have yet it's ridiculous. EQ was my favorite part of the game. Now its the one that makes me the angriest to contemplate. There is no good reason not to let the players choose whether or not gems become core the battle. No good reason not to let players choose what to loot. Game designers forcing what they want upon their customers is what this boils down to. Yet another way to try and generate ruby expenditure, small ruby and non-ruby player be darned. Yet another display of greed and short sightedness that is unmatched, and, to me, unbelievable. Of course I shouldn't be surprised. You never listen to us, and this just proves it.

Even with the balance adjustments that were made, the equipment drop chance is still based on probability. This means that each individual attack has the same chance of providing either a gem or an item as the previous attack, the percentage chance does not increase for one or the other with each attack. Always keep in mind that this is only a chance, not an actual guarantee. The way probability works however, you should get what you desire if you keep trying, best of luck!

Regards,

Steve.

So what it boils down to is getting eq has been reduced to a probability. That is RIDICULOUS. Eq is the most important part of the game, IMO, and something that is necessary for everyone to have. It is completely absurd that something so integral to gameplay has been relegated to probability, its development deemed equal alongside of something so insignificant in an actual battle. Nice business model you guys follow. Eq was already plenty hard enough and time consuming to develop when every tower hit yielded a piece. Now its even worse. I cannot fully express how much I resent the changes to a system that already took an enormous amount of time, effort, and dedication to utilize fully. EQ was good when all it took was skill, persistence, and lots of looting. Adding luck into it was simply one move too far.

And since the post where I asked for answers was ignored, could a CM please tell me if there is a chance we will ever get tool numbers on at least tower espionages back? I want to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Shall Rise @ usa 1

I vehemently detest the spy report update. Give us back our tool numbers on towers.
  • MoldFloMoldFlo Posts: 65
    edited 22.07.2014
    Since the hotfix I have received more equipment but it's all goofy. It's pretty bad when you are hitting a maxxed out rbc in ice or sand and you get an ordinary piece of equipment. What's the point of that?
    MoldFlo @ usa 1
  • Mighty Thor2Mighty Thor2 Posts: 14
    edited 22.07.2014
    27 attacks, 22 gems.... Come on already.

This is obviously still out of balance. Last 30 days we lost 8 members of our alliance due to quitting the game, all long term members, all level 50+ all of them small to medium level ruby buyers, and yes, all of them was pushed out of the game due to changes from GGE. We have more 4-6 players (me included, and I'm a above average ruby buyer) who are so annoyed with this gems system that they are contemplating quitting.

If you guys feel you have to many customers and want to get rid of them, surely there must be better ways of getting hem to quit.

I have not heard from anyone who thinks that the gems system is any good. In a war strategy game, you just can't rely on maybes.

Please atleast make it 50/50 for gems vs. equipment, and no I do not believe in any way that it is so right now.

11 players, all in all 282 tower attacks, with 23 pieces of equipment dropped. And this data is collected AFTER the hotfix.

Please please please show your players that you actually care about their enjoyment of the game. Right it it feels like you are urinating all over us while laughing.
    Mighty Thor @ usa 1
  • jingo4jingo4 Posts: 1
    edited 22.07.2014
    ReIntro of AutoWar, take was would have been a good update, and turns it into a total turd. Just kill it, it was a dumb idea before it is a dumb idea now. the only purpose of it would be to drive attacks, but in fact it is doing just the opposite. where as I might have attacked my neighbours for loot, glory or honor, now, I would not think of it.

Like i said that one thing take what would other wise have been and interesting and good update, and makes it a total Turd.
    jingo @ usa 1
  • NoblemanRoss (AU1)NoblemanRoss (AU1) Posts: 58AU1
    edited 22.07.2014
    Originally Posted by I Shall Rise

The hotfix they are going to do is pointless as well. It doesn't resolve the issue. I don't want to be forced to loot ANY gems. I want some sort of option so that I can go back to getting all EQ. I simply do not care enough about something that has a slight chance of giving me a small bonus when EQ always gives me a definite bonus. GGS, ALLOW PLAYERS TO DECIDE IF THEY WANT TO LOOT GEMS OR EQ. I am tired of having these updates shoved down my throat, I don't care about gems and don't want them taking away from my EQ building.

GGE Respnse:
    Sorry, but this function will not be available. This would eliminate the whole purpose of having the gems in the game. When the hotfix happens, you should find a decent balance between equipment and gems though.

So GGE what exactly is the purpose of having gems in the game?
    NoblemanRoss @ au 1
  • Wolfdreamer447Wolfdreamer447 Posts: 28
    edited 22.07.2014
    mark lynch wrote: »
    it was announced. once you place a gem, if you remove it it will break and disappear.

under the current system (which i hope will change), your best bet is to upgrade as far as you want it before placing it. also, if you then move that bit of equip, it will disappear.
    so in otherwords once you placed a gem you cannot upgrade it so if you want a gam to be as hi as can be you got to wait say 10 years or so and spend lots of money to get them lv 10
    Wolfdreamer447 @ usa 1
  • Wolfdreamer447Wolfdreamer447 Posts: 28
    edited 22.07.2014
    Steve please answer to this when you go out on a date
    1) do you hope to get lucky
    or
    2) do you hope at 2% chance at 20%increase at geting lucky
    If your answer is one then please tell us all why would we want these gems?
    Wolfdreamer447 @ usa 1
  • O jaO ja Posts: 16
    edited 22.07.2014
    Since the hotfix I get much more equipment than gems, so I am happy about that. I would even be happier if GG would adress the input we give them about the math of their system of updating the gems. If you ever want the gems to be more than just filling up my storage, there has to be done something about that.

Kind regards,

O ja
    O ja @ nl 1
  • AestheticusAestheticus Posts: 344
    edited 22.07.2014
    I didn't even realize there was a hotfix cause I still got gems

This update is going to destroy the game. New players dont want to spend gold to place a gem on an ordinary equip cause they can't get enough equips. The gems get destroyed when you remove them making the gems useless after they finally get better equipment I got in 1/10th the time playing that they did. a 5% chance that you will get 2% more isn't going to make people able to compete with the old players who got strong equipment

Commander and castellan building was the fun of this game. Now you added that 1,000,000 commander and castellan set that is plain and simple the best, takes the fun out of building the best. The gems will make it impossible to build my team of commanders and castellans.
    Founder of the soon-to-rise RBC Empire Alliance.
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 22.07.2014
    Heya folks,

Thanks for the continued feedback.

I just wanted to add in an additional point here to those that have mentioned the quality of their items being a lot lower since the hotfix balanced out the drop rates between Gems and Equipment. The team are aware of this, and this is not intentional. They are currently working on the issue right now.

Regards,

Steve.
  • J3y (US1)J3y (US1) Posts: 4US1
    edited 22.07.2014
    GGE...gems aren't supposed to be forged in the alliance smithy. Each alliance has spent a lot of coins and resources to make sure that when they use their alliance smithy they will get better EQUIPMENT items.

http://prntscr.com/454e5w

It says so right there...EQUIPMENT not gems. Please don't meddle with what the players worked hard on that doesn't need fixing or upgrade. Furthermore, even after the hotfix more gems were still being looted rather than EQUIPMENT items.
    J3y @ usa 1
  • zeque (SKN1)zeque (SKN1) Posts: 97
    edited 22.07.2014
    so in otherwords once you placed a gem you cannot upgrade it so if you want a gam to be as hi as can be you got to wait say 10 years or so and spend lots of money to get them lv 10

That is correct. And why is it so? Well, here's the answer

we want gems to become a core part of the game as equipment is.

Regards,

Steve.

So, this is going to be a waiting game. Core part.. Yeeaaah, right.

That's like having GG donating you the super com and cast set and not using them for 8 years. Absolutely vital to the gameplay. The hardest core part. The gems. Yep.

-Z
    zeque @ skn 1
  • Duke of WekeromDuke of Wekerom Posts: 6
    edited 22.07.2014
    Hello everyone. I am always very open-minded to new updates. The gems update is now some time ago, and I have one big concern. If you want to get a gem upgrated to lvl10, this would mean you will need 823543 gems of lvl3 at least (upgrate with rubies). This is way to much. To get lvl10 gems for your castilian and commanders is impossible this way. Moreover, once again this gives a big advantage to big ruby players, because they need an incredible amount less gems. For me, this offset is too big.

I would say, increase the cost of upgrating a gem, but keep the probability in all cases 100%. This saves big ruby players coins, but gives non-ruby player a change as well. Moreover, reduce the number of gems needed to upgrade one. By reducing this from 6 to 3, with 100% upgrade change, this would cost 16384 gems. This is already more feasible. Another option would be to increase the lvl of the gems your able to find.

However, GGS please look at this and give everyone a change to get these things leveled up.

Regards
    Duke of Wekerom @ nl 1
Sign In to comment.