Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Pre-Announcement Invasion of the Foreign Empire

Comments

• prentice mcneilprentice mcneil Posts: 1
    edited 28.06.2014
    Ok so I just decided to get back in this game but I am getting attacked EVERY four hours with latterly over 1k troops and 50-50 castellan I mean I don't have the troops to defend my self I could ask my alliance to send but their no point since I just got back in and all my tools are gone so don't want them to lose troops. So everytime I put fires more come on im just trying to get my castles the way they used to be. Couldn't we make this a optional event please
    prentice mcneil @ usa 1
  • slumlord w dslumlord w d Posts: 7
    edited 28.06.2014
    In case anyone hasn't figured out how this works.....the computer looks at your typical gameplay and the typical gameplay of the Russian server's players. It recreates simulated battle activity based on that and matches players from both sides accordingly . Those are the castles you see and they are as aggressive or passive as your "typical" gameplay. Peaceful alliance/passive opponents.
    slumlord w d @ usa 1
  • slumlord w dslumlord w d Posts: 7
    edited 28.06.2014
    The small alliance I am in is young and not very aggressive. We have been attacked less than 6 times in total and most were wimpy attacks/defenses
    slumlord w d @ usa 1
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 28.06.2014
    The small alliance I am in is young and not very aggressive. We have been attacked less than 6 times in total and most were wimpy attacks/defenses

I'm glad to hear you haven't been overwhelmed like some alliances.
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• Justinlegoboy (US1)Justinlegoboy (US1) US1 Posts: 143
    edited 28.06.2014
    I did a 100 percent spy just now on a Level 55 and this is what it came up. There is no way a level 55 could hold 2507 troops at his main without killing his bread support. That is well over 8K bread a hour!

http://gyazo.com/d617844c9d7a2e6e31ccbf998050afa3

If this is based on a real player they must be constantly feeding breed to his main.... I have yet to meet a player with this number in his main at this level. As you can see also most are defense so this is not a snapshot the computer took of just before they launched an attack. I am not sure all are based on "real" players.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Andrew Wallace (GB1)Andrew Wallace (GB1) GB1 Posts: 160
    edited 28.06.2014
    What a terrible event. The fun of this game is for an Alliance to have a war with an Alliance that it can see on the server where players go 1 vs 1 and you see the impact of the war such as burning castles and defeating attacking armies. The thrill is to try and win and have control and a clear, transparent line of sight while trying to do this.

This is nothing more than a ghost war where the combatants are not real but a GGS computerised simulation of a war unless GGS can confirm that the castles we are burning and the troops we are killing (either defence or attacking) and being reflected in the Italian Server…which of course they are not. Also, I have yet to see a war with no mass but a 24/7 drip, drip of incomings which to be honest have now become very annoying in a pointless event.

So GGS are telling us to fight a war outside of all of the reasons we fight wars. There is no reason for the war to begin, our combatants are effective GGS generated ghosts where we do not have the fun of 1 vs 1 with real people and we have no control over how and when to end the war…completely pointless.

Events like this will result in people leaving the game which will be a real shame.
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • nakamanakama Posts: 2
    edited 28.06.2014
    ik hoop dat dit maar eenmalig is
    het kost me fortuinen aan soldaten maken

ik kies liever zelf wie ik aanval
    nakama @ nl 1
  • nakamanakama Posts: 2
    edited 28.06.2014
    ik hoop dat dit eenmalig is
    kost me fortuinen aan soldaten
    nakama @ nl 1
  • mark lynchmark lynch Posts: 882
    edited 28.06.2014
    I did a 100 percent spy just now on a Level 55 and this is what it came up. There is no way a level 55 could hold 2507 troops at his main without killing his bread support. That is well over 8K bread a hour!

http://gyazo.com/d617844c9d7a2e6e31ccbf998050afa3

If this is based on a real player they must be constantly feeding breed to his main.... I have yet to meet a player with this number in his main at this level. As you can see also most are defense so this is not a snapshot the computer took of just before they launched an attack. I am not sure all are based on "real" players.

why cant i have targets like that? a number of players in my alliance, already terrible, have got very weak targets and arent bothering to take part. they get better results from actual players
    Proud Member of KINKY.

start as you mean to carry on :-)

mark lynch @ en 1

http://prntscr.com/3xohq5
    edited 28.06.2014
    What a terrible event. The fun of this game is for an Alliance to have a war with an Alliance that it can see on the server where players go 1 vs 1 and you see the impact of the war such as burning castles and defeating attacking armies. The thrill is to try and win and have control and a clear, transparent line of sight while trying to do this.

This is nothing more than a ghost war where the combatants are not real but a GGS computerised simulation of a war unless GGS can confirm that the castles we are burning and the troops we are killing (either defence or attacking) and being reflected in the Italian Server…which of course they are not. Also, I have yet to see a war with no mass but a 24/7 drip, drip of incomings which to be honest have now become very annoying in a pointless event.

So GGS are telling us to fight a war outside of all of the reasons we fight wars. There is no reason for the war to begin, our combatants are effective GGS generated ghosts where we do not have the fun of 1 vs 1 with real people and we have no control over how and when to end the war…completely pointless.

Events like this will result in people leaving the game which will be a real shame.

take note GGS, and everyone else, this is a player in the top alliance on en1, currently 4th in the competition

i know everyone thinks that this is exactly what the top alliances and players wanted, it isnt.

its not only the non-ruby, low level, small alliances that are annoyed by this, its top to bottom. these are people that have been in actual server wars and been in the game a long time, they know what they are talking about
    Proud Member of KINKY.

mark lynch @ en 1

edited 28.06.2014
    Vitifer wrote: »
    This new event where we're playing against a supposed Italy is the biggest heap of shit these morons have ever forced upon us. Why should players who have played the game for months, and in some cases years, and can honestly say I achieved my title of the Terrible by merit have this rubbish forced upon us... Now there's players who have that title by winning a few stupid battles overnight so to say... defeats the whole object of the game... I for one are totally disillusioned with the game, and am seriously considering leaving it. My main reasons are that the game has become such a money grabbing exercise from the morons now running it, that it's totally killed off the enjoyment now.

When are these morons going to listen to those players that know the game?

If this pathetic event reappears... then I'm off... I don't even have a fair chance at it as 2 of my target castles are protected from attacks... Not even a level playing field...

If any of you morons that run the game see this take note... You're killing off the game totally - You do not have anything worth while ongoing to encourage people to play anymore. How the hell do you expect school children, of which there are many within the game, to be able to afford all the rubies that are now required to progress?

I know that you need to make money... but for fucks sake wind your neck in you greedy B'stards, and stop being so greedy

Also... I don't give a flying fuck anymore about this game... so if you want to boot me... so be it

Vitifer

just see my post above regarding andrew wallace. again, another top player in the top alliance

cut the head off of anything and sooner or later the body will die
    Proud Member of KINKY.

mark lynch @ en 1

• jasper22 (INT1)jasper22 (INT1) Posts: 277
    edited 28.06.2014
    fujiwara wrote: »
    Ok, and please bear in mind that being a moderator doesn't give me magical access to implement ideas, just to keep the discussion civil and on topic and (hopefully!) collate ideas together to save the CMs time.

Regarding opt-in / opt-out, actually the glory tournaments / nobility glory contests are a prime example of how people get attacked even when they didn't opt in, as being on the receiving end of someone going for big glory isn't what the target chose to sign up for. Likewise, if an alliance declares war on you, you don't get the chance to opt out of that either.

I think the difference isn't the fact that people can't sign out of it, but the fact it doesn't actually feel like you're fighting real people. I'd like people's feedback to the following:

If the foreign castles were _real_ castles, i.e. when you launch an attack against them it actually appears on their server, just like shadow attacks do, and gives them the chance to change cast, change setup, get support etc, would the event feel different? Likewise, if they spy your "foreign castle" and get your stats, and then launch on it, it appears immediately on your server in the same way, not from their foreign castle (as you may not have drawn the castles on your map that they have on theirs).

This way, real people from another server are actually attacking your castle that they've spied up first, and setups/support/castellans etc can change completely if they're online - would this change things?

Yes part of why I don’t like this event and most of the players I talked with is that it does not feel like we attack real player. I don’t think ggs can ever change that unless they are able to somehow merge the two servers.

For those event you talk about that already are not opt in event I am attacked by real players on my servers. This means that I can talk to their leader to see if we can use diplomacy to make an agreement for them to never attack me again. I can attack back the exact same player that hit me. I can arrange a mass attack on that player to make him sorry for messing with me. My ally as a whole can burn the ally of the player that hit me to the ground day after day until they say sorry for attacking you and we promise to never do that again.

All these things are not possible with the server war event and I don’t see how it ever will. Which to me means this event will always feel like a stupid simulation made to waste my ruby tools like the RB attacks. At least for the RB attacks thy only attack when you are online giving you the chance to remove tools in time.

Also like I said before when a real big war is going on together with this event it is really annoying to have 24 hours attack horn active form these foreign castles and have to waste your troops, tools, gold on what feel like a stupid simulations.

The solution to make it opt in event seems the best to me. It should not be hard to make a mirror of the green kingdom map as a separate kingdom like berimond and then only add the castles of players that choice to play the event.

Last I have not seen much discussion on how often this event will be run. From the announcement it seems ggs has not decided about that. Personaly I could tolerate this event if it’s on every couple of months like berimond, nomads etc. However if it becomes an almost weekly event like renegades and travel knights it would be unacceptable for me.
    Titans
  • CAYO6CAYO6 Posts: 295
    edited 28.06.2014
    Thank you for being a bit more constructive this time and not resorting to insults, it makes it much easier to have a conversation ;)

Sorry that my deconstructive criticism wasn't your taste. I get that way when I'm bullied, such now with this event.
    FWIW, I am rather enjoying being harrassed by this event, as are most of my alliance. We've gone from level 20 to level 23, a few of us have gained Terrible, and it's been a lot of fun. I recognise that you and a fair few other people have not been having much fun with it at all, and there's no way of knowing roughly what proportion fit in either camp as people tend to complain much more readily than they praise.

Well, you see? You are using a faulty argument again. Forty three pages of complains is not "a few other people". Being played down the way you do it also makes me wanting to do some deconstructive criticism.
    Well, you see? You using faulty arguments again. Forty three (43) pages of complains is not just "a few other people". That also makes me wanting to engage in deconstructive criticism.

Of course GGS want your money and rubies, it's how they pay their wages. That doesn't mean they're trying to chase you off the server with cheap tricks. The more fun you're having, the more rubies you'll buy/spend.

However, what I'm keen on trying to do is get a reasonable grasp of exactly what changes would make this event more widely enjoyed so I can pass it back. At the moment, that seems to be as follows:

1) Allow individual players to opt in / opt out of the event entirely
    2) Make any encounters with foreign castles feel like real player vs player combat
    3) Possibly have a separate map like Berimond for it - although this might not be necessary if 1) and 2) are achieved independently.
    4) Have stats and figures allowing players taking part to see how well their server is doing vs the other server
    5) Have a more Thorn/Blade type reward system rather than a nobility contest type system. I.e. you can "spend" glory points earned on a selection of reward possibilities rather than just having a few preset ones you unlock by reaching that level.

Have I missed anything ?

Just one thing:

6) Fix the many, many glitches -from flickering screen, to disappeared troops, to attacks that don't show at the horn, to castles that change their defensive setup, to rewards no received, etc, etc, etc- brought up by this event.
    CAYO @ WWW 1
    Bakery Lvl 3 manager
  • fighterd (GB1)fighterd (GB1) Posts: 4
    edited 28.06.2014
    Oh Dear this event or whatever it is could have been quite promising but as per usual its NOT its not a War server against server or even player verses player its a jumped up version of RBC attacking without the goodies.
    However much GGS want to paint this up its shambolic refreshing every 5 mins attacks every 30 min or so gets very boring no real point to it even as you dont see the defenders castle burning, Primetime come around alot more so GGS get more cash no fun as it doesnt feel like a good War, Wars are fought by real people either one on one or alliance v alliance not computer generated GGS ones so pointless and meaningless scrap it i say before Empire lose more great players.
    FighterDwardle1 @ en 1
  • Plumpy21 (US1)Plumpy21 (US1) US1 Posts: 471
    edited 28.06.2014
    I don't know if I am just different from you all because I don't buy rubies or something. But I find this event very fun, it is fun to see how your alliance can react under mass attacks and how well you can defend and attack off the invaders. ALthough there are some problems with it like how you can 1-10 attacks on the same castle going off at once but it would be more fun if we would just go to war with alliances of equal status like for the us1 server vs. russia 1 it would be the number 1 alliance vs the number 1 alliance. That would make it easier for one to support and send attacks off to instead of trying to support one guy with 8 attacks coming at him and over 10k in supports...
    Just saying the bears and the lions get it in this game... 

What is the max hoarder level?

• CAYO6CAYO6 Posts: 295
    edited 28.06.2014
    Plumpy21 wrote: »
    I don't know if I am just different from you all because I don't buy rubies or something. But I find this event very fun, it is fun to see how your alliance can react under mass attacks and how well you can defend and attack off the invaders. ALthough there are some problems with it like how you can 1-10 attacks on the same castle going off at once but it would be more fun if we would just go to war with alliances of equal status like for the us1 server vs. russia 1 it would be the number 1 alliance vs the number 1 alliance. That would make it easier for one to support and send attacks off to instead of trying to support one guy with 8 attacks coming at him and over 10k in supports...

I'm glad that you are happy with the event. I also don't buy rubies, but I don't need of this event to see how my alliance reacts under mass attacks; I've already seen it plenty of times in the good ol' game that we used to have. I'm sorry if you didn't; but, then again, that seems like a very unreasonable reason to punish the rest of us into forcing us to spend rubies (obtained at events, hitting RBCs, etc., of course) that otherwise we'd use for really important things -such us having fun playing the game.
    CAYO @ WWW 1
    Bakery Lvl 3 manager
  • flammetjesdoodflammetjesdood Posts: 4
    edited 29.06.2014
    nice GGS 4 attacks of these ***** within 36 hours how do you think people stop playing your games no-one in our alliance wants to play anymore because of this ridiculous update have fun with these guys..
    flammetjesdood @ nl 1
    edited 29.06.2014
    Я сделал 100 процентов шпиона только сейчас на уровне 55, и это то, что он придумал. Там нет никакого способа 55-го уровня может провести 2507 войска в его главной, не убивая его хлеб поддержку. То есть более чем 8K хлеб час! http://gyazo.com/d617844c9d7a2e6e31ccbf998050afa3 Если это основано на реальный игрок они должны быть постоянно кормления породу его главная .... Я еще не встречал игрока с таким номером в его главная на этом уровне. Как вы можете видеть также большинство из них защита так что это не снимок компьютер взял непосредственно перед их нападение. Я не уверен, все они основаны на "реальных" игроков. [/ QUOTE]

на ру у болшинство живых в замках так

пожалуйста, используйте Google Translate, русско-английский :-)

Что значит "ру иметь bolshinstve жить в замках так" означает?
    Proud Member of KINKY.

mark lynch @ en 1

• Prowler1982 (GB1)Prowler1982 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    edited 29.06.2014
    I have been following this thread since it was started and now the event is nearing its end i would like to add my thoughts on this tester of an event.

Invasion of a Foreign Empire....Well I would definately agree it has been an Invasion. When I first saw the post from GGE I was quite intrigued with what I read, however since the event started ( with very little notice ) it has been a complete shambles on your part (GGE).

First of all there are the glitches in your coding, with incoming attack warning horns, having to refresh to see the incomings and changes in defence numbers in simulated castles.

These are able to be fixed with the information from the test event however what cannot be fixed is the complete money grabbing that you are trying to propose with this event.

You are forcing every member in the game to be on constant recruiting of atleast defenders to try to support fellow alliance members.

Not only that the simulated attacks on castles are using up valuable ruby/Armourer defence tools which have to be replaced for our real server incoming attacks.

If GGE players are getting attacked by this Invasion we feel we should be attacking back which then involves more rubies to attack the simulated enemies to gain any sort of Glory, to even be in with a chance of getting top 100 for the Decorative Item.

This is without the cost of loyal members supporting costs which yes in 99% of cases are coins howver most people spend atleast some rubies to gain their coins.

This Event seems to be very well thought out into how you can drain as much money in rubies as you can from all of us however it has not been as well thought out in the actual gameplay and gamefeel as it should of been.

From what I have read this Event will not be the great payday the big bosses may have hoped for however if this event comes back and is not changed to the greater suggestions of the fellow GGE members I fore-see this event being the breaking of you as you will lose some of the great players in the game.

It maybe possible to start an event which would be less work on your part, which would be a shop that you can simply just buy Glory from at an equal rate as you are charging in this event. You create the glory banners with 0s and 1s however we buy them with £ - $ etc. Its food for thought

I do truely hope that you have your top employees read though every one of the posts on this event and come up with a better stategic event that all GGE members are then singing GGEs praises for launching such a great event that everyone posts here that they want more.

I will watch this space ;)

Kind Regards

Prowler1982

Proud Member of the BSK Family EN1
    Prowler1982 @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    edited 29.06.2014
    What at first glance seems to be an idea that has great potential, pitching server vs server in a global battle. Has somehow ended up as being nothing more than a few computer generated castles designed and generated with the sole intention to drain your troops and castle defenses so that you will buy rubies to replace them.

Whilst its one thing to face an incoming full of ruby tools and ruby troops, at least you face it in the knowledge that the player who has sent it, has either spent their own hard earned money on that army or they have spent a very long time earning it within the game.

With this every time you face an incoming you know full well that its a computer opponent with unlimited resources. Which kind of defeats the whole point of the game, As others have stated if i want to play a game against a computer generated opponent i would be doing that right now at a fraction of the cost. And it leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth knowing that every incoming is going to cost you real money to defend, knowing full well that its costing the attacker nothing. How happy do you think your players would be if you gave selected players on the server unlimited free rubies and told them to go and attack everyone and anyone as often as possible?? There woud be uproar, how is this any different?
    Philt123 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.