Home English (UK) Players ask Players

Join the official Goodgame Discord today!

Are you looking for a community of like-minded gamers to discuss your favorite games with? Look no further than the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other gamers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow warriors from all over the world. Just head to https://discord.gg/goodgamestudios to join the fun!

The Resource Village 'unwritten rule'

DMZDMZ Posts: 34
edited 22.07.2014 in Players ask Players
Who first made this up, that taking RV's was taboo?

Because nobody in the game does it - yet clearly it is no worse than attacking an OP in the Great Empire.
Was it just a rule dreamed up by high level players to allow themselves more control over the game and get stronger?
The squabbles this week over new RV's that people have raced for has been pathetic bordering obsessive!!!

I enjoy this game but seen a different side to it this week, one that spoils it, and its all over the RV situation. People get very precious about them and forget its just a game.

GGE should limit the number you can have based on your level an allow a fairer playing field and make them open to looting like in the Great Empire - it would be more fun, spread the wealth and stop all the politics (at best) or the whiny, pathetic, squeaky, obsessive emotional messages (at worst).

Of course they wont, because a lot of high level players would throw a hissy fit.
DMZ @ en 1
Post edited by DMZ on

Comments

• erickblucher2erickblucher2 Posts: 1,096
    edited 08.06.2014
    DMZ wrote: »

Because nobody in the game does it - yet clearly it is no worse than attacking an OP in the Great Empire.
    Was it just a rule dreamed up by high level players to allow themselves more control over the game and get stronger?
    The squabbles this week over new RV's that people have raced for has been pathetic bordering obsessive!!!

I enjoy this game but seen a different side to it this week, one that spoils it, and its all over the RV situation. People get very precious about them and forget its just a game.

GGE should limit the number you can have based on your level an allow a fairer playing field and make them open to looting like in the Great Empire - it would be more fun, spread the wealth and stop all the politics (at best) or the whiny, pathetic, squeaky, obsessive emotional messages (at worst).

Of course they wont, because a lot of high level players would throw a hissy fit.

There is a limit and you don't need to follow the unwritten rules.
    I'm now a retired GGE gamer. But does it mean the end? Yes. But it also means the start of my epick party thread! Cklick here to join the party! Or cklick here to join the 'ck' revolution!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    So ensues the epic return of the amazing Erick of both C and K.
    aidan952 wrote: »
    I salute you, Erick of both 'C' and 'K'. May you rock on in your Epickness, stay ckool, and ckontinue being Epick.

-Aidan

P.S. Whoop Whoop! Your staying on the Forum? Good.
  • DMZDMZ Posts: 34
    edited 08.06.2014
    There is a limit and you don't need to follow the unwritten rules.

So what is the limit?

And saying you don't have to follow it is just a sweeping statement because clearly it causes World War 3 if you even think about taking you. So by default nobody will, therefore the unwritten rule may as well be cast in stone.
    DMZ @ en 1
    edited 08.06.2014
    So what is the limit?

And saying you don't have to follow it is just a sweeping statement because clearly it causes World War 3 if you even think about taking you. So by default nobody will, therefore the unwritten rule may as well be cast in stone.

5 of each type in EW and 10 of each type in BS and FP. And you steal from people who you can beat.
    I'm now a retired GGE gamer. But does it mean the end? Yes. But it also means the start of my epick party thread! Cklick here to join the party! Or cklick here to join the 'ck' revolution!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    I salute you, Erick of both 'C' and 'K'. May you rock on in your Epickness, stay ckool, and ckontinue being Epick.

-Aidan

• Sirlancelot2020Sirlancelot2020 Posts: 8,782
    edited 08.06.2014
    It was made by people who had RVs before the limit was set that don't want to loose their stuff because they can't get them back.
    biwzem.jpg
    #Thedreamliveson
    (╯°□°)╯︵http://dragcave.net/user/Sirlancelot2020
    edited 08.06.2014
    It was made by people who had RVs before the limit was set that don't want to loose their stuff because they can't get them back.

Ah now it makes so much more sense...and confirms what I thought.

Thanks for the replies folks
    DMZ @ en 1
    edited 08.06.2014

Then why does the Australian server have the rv rules. I don't think anyone has more rvs then the max.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

-Aidan

edited 08.06.2014
    Then why does the Australian server have the rv rules. I don't think anyone has more rvs then the max.

I'm not sure Erick, but there are players on the UK server with dozens of them.
    It would seem if you had more than the limit before it was set, you don't apply.

The point about not wanting to lose them as you then cant get them back makes sense.

Do you play the Aus server, or the UK one?
    I cant believe how precious people are over them.
    DMZ @ en 1
  • Akhil50 (IN1)Akhil50 (IN1) Posts: 4,347
    edited 08.06.2014
    I cant believe how precious people are over them.
    How cannot you be precious on them??
    Having more Food RVs=more food=more troops=victories=honor and glory=rewards.
    Obviously if you don't own RVs you cannot know there advantages too.
    Plus Wood and Stone RVs Also helps in the growth of your castle, in other kingdoms there are only 2 or 1 plants giving their 100%, so its important to get RVs as it improves your castle, having more troops etc.
    Still a Potter-head.  And a starboii

Might Points - Everything you need to know about them is the 2nd most viewed thread in the section with over 40k views, go take a look for some mighty info :)

[email protected]
  • Akhil50 (IN1)Akhil50 (IN1) Posts: 4,347
    edited 08.06.2014

I actually had the same opinion on RVs when i was starting my new kingdoms. But when I started to level up/grow stronger, I could hold RVs and defend them. Now I have about 7 RVs- 5 food, 1 stone and 1 wood. I Know its hard for small players to survive, but you have to go with it, and as you grow stronger, you will have faster, better, tougher troops to defend and attack, you will get more experience and you will start having RVs, That's how it works.
    Still a Potter-head.  And a starboii

Might Points - Everything you need to know about them is the 2nd most viewed thread in the section with over 40k views, go take a look for some mighty info :)

[email protected]
  • Andrew750Andrew750 Posts: 2
    edited 27.06.2014
    is there a law that states u can't take an RV that is attached to a ruins castle? I took occupancy of one attached to a ruins.. now I am getting threats from others saying.. we were saving that for one of our others players... well if that was the case then should not they have occupied it and then let the new player get it from them. All these are coming from high level players that have all the RV's and how am I to grow when I am not allowed to get or find one and when I do.... I get threats from other players.. saying that is a no no... u cant have that
    someone... Please help me understand this concept of bullying
    Andrew750 @ usa 1
  • therealsporer (US1)therealsporer (US1) Posts: 2,266
    edited 27.06.2014
    Andrew750 wrote: »
    is there a law that states u can't take an RV that is attached to a ruins castle? I took occupancy of one attached to a ruins.. now I am getting threats from others saying.. we were saving that for one of our others players... well if that was the case then should not they have occupied it and then let the new player get it from them. All these are coming from high level players that have all the RV's and how am I to grow when I am not allowed to get or find one and when I do.... I get threats from other players.. saying that is a no no... u cant have that
    someone... Please help me understand this concept of bullying
    When you take an rv from a player in an alliance, even if the player is ruins, that alliance will get mad. They may even attack all your castles and take all your rvs.
    Unless you are stronger than them, in which case they may whine our attempt to tattle. If they tattle you may find that now you are in a much bigger kerfuffle than you intended.
    Often it is most convenient to leave them be unless no alliance.
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Former whatever,
    Proud nothing.
    If I do something you need to know about, you'll know.

What is the face of a coward?
    The back of his head as he runs from battle.
  • edited 27.06.2014
    The rule was devised by actual players and spread into the other servers. I have recently gained the MAXIMUM ice rvs (5 of each village) through diplomatic means. I have also found some for my fellow alliance members and also a leader of a now friendly alliance.

Make many friends/contacts within the other alliances and ask politely if they can help your alliance out in regards to rv spawns or in-active players within their alliance who will soon be booted BUT still have rvs which their other members are un-able to take.

The other part of the rule in regards to taking them from ruins is this - when an ALLIANCE member falls into ruin, ALL outposts and resource villages then belong to his/her alliance to do as they please. It is best to let the alliance leader or diplomat know of the situation and ask if you could help them out by taking temporary ownership on their behalf. Thismay create friendly relations between the two alliances and they may end up offering you permanent rvs in the future. The worst they could do is to say no or just thank you for pointing it out.
  • christian schristian s Posts: 211
    edited 27.06.2014

Sean7777- 16 RVs (6 wood RVs, 5 food RVs, 5 stone RVs)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Christian s
    Level 70
    Leader of Storm Cloaks.
  • P.I.T.A :D (US1)P.I.T.A :D (US1) US1 Posts: 34
    edited 28.06.2014
    Problem with you idea is this. You do not become bigger UNTIL you have those RV's. At this time the nearest chance for an RV for me is *800 out on the fringe and providing I can get my troops there (3 days) before one of the HUGE alliances claim it. Honestly this has to be sorted out. Either sell for ruby's ( game would LOVE the income) or provide 3 for each member after they reach a certain level and can protect it. Just Saying
    Marji @ usa 1
  • Queen JeanQueen Jean Posts: 120
    edited 03.07.2014
    RV's I find a RV from a ruined castle, I capture and log off. Then in 2 hours my new RV is attacked, I lose it and that is how its been and I have no RV's. I am new in ICE and its hard to build up a brand new castle overnight so to speak and recruit troops and have food for them. Not a nice experience. RV's are not protected, open to be captured at a moments notice, not one bit of honor in this. I take hours to find a ruined castle that might still have RV's left..or days and then because I found it and took it, it is now open to attack. MY OP's have been pretty safe, only two attacks and why when they can attack my Castle, they choose my OP"S. nasty.
    Queen Jean @ usa 1
  • John RenovilleJohn Renoville Posts: 10
    edited 03.07.2014
    We don't steal RV's or OP's and dont like ours stolen either. And the people who use shadow attacks on RV's are just cowards. Our alliance follows a lot of unwritten rules and we believe it makes us honorable. We follow the 10 level rule as well. Most alliance do. GGE can't possibly write all of the eules required for the game to work as good as it does.
    JOHN RENOVILLE - Recruiter for VSK Veterans
    http://vskveterans.weebly.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
    edited 03.07.2014

If you REALLY don't care about people taking RVs may I have 1 of yours?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    007Ben2 wrote: »
    Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.
  • mark lynchmark lynch Posts: 882
    edited 03.07.2014
    Queen Jean wrote: »
    RV's I find a RV from a ruined castle, I capture and log off. Then in 2 hours my new RV is attacked, I lose it and that is how its been and I have no RV's. I am new in ICE and its hard to build up a brand new castle overnight so to speak and recruit troops and have food for them. Not a nice experience. RV's are not protected, open to be captured at a moments notice, not one bit of honor in this. I take hours to find a ruined castle that might still have RV's left..or days and then because I found it and took it, it is now open to attack. MY OP's have been pretty safe, only two attacks and why when they can attack my Castle, they choose my OP"S. nasty.

if you capture it in the first place from an inactive player not in an alliance then the 'unwritten rule' states that is now your rv. if it is captured after, usually within a few hours then basically you beat them there. you should mail the player or leader requesting it back, thats the usual process anyway. they leave 1 troops there and you re-capture.

they go for your op's as 1, usually have more troops, more gp and 2, not as well defended as your cs with regards to equipment and tools
    Proud Member of KINKY.

start as you mean to carry on :-)

mark lynch @ en 1

http://prntscr.com/3xohq5
  • BlackVenom200BlackVenom200 Posts: 46
    edited 03.07.2014
    ofcourse people do not want their rvs to be taken, but if your RV is taken, i dont think you should get so upset about it.

I mean, as Demi Levato say, LET IT GO!
    Please checkout my new alliance, it begun 09/07/14, and is called 'The White Tigers'.

The leader is my best friend 'BlackVenom232' (we made our accounts together) (:

Please click on my dragon egg to help it hatch into a beautiful dragon

1.gif http://dragcave.net/view/fimGf]

And follow me on Instagram 'EbonyIvy232' if you DARE!!!
  • BlackVenom232BlackVenom232 Posts: 8
    edited 03.07.2014
    ofcourse people do not want their rvs to be taken, but if your RV is taken, i dont think you should get so upset about it.

I mean, as Demi Levato say, LET IT GO!

Lol, totally!!!

BlackVenom200 i could not agree more.

Y do people have 2 make such a big deal!!!
    Please click my egg to help it hatch into a beautiful dragon: 1.gif

(and follow me on instagram 'Art_and_IBSS'... If you DARE!!!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file