We need new Moderators!
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.
If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE
There are main three reasons for implementing this idea: Spices up gameplay once every month, gives players more reasons to buy rubies, and also gives players another way of earning rubies.
A new camp will appear around once a month. I’m sure names for the place can be thought of, but personally I would rename the Spy’s Camp to Scout’s Camp and call this the Spy’s Camp. The people in the camp are flag replicators. This camp will give you the option of attempting to duplicate a flag. (If you succeed, a drop down box should appear by your coat of arms in the attack menu with your name, as well as the name of the castle lord whose flag you duplicated, to choose from, when you click on their name, your banner changes to their coat of arms.)
How It Works
First a player will choose a castle lord’s flag they wish to duplicate. The more you pay the flag replicators, the more accurate their duplication, causing the flag to fool your enemies for longer periods of time. So to start, the costs:
(NOTE, these are just placeholders and are easily changeable! The cost really depends on whether the event is used too much or not enough.)
30 minutes = 500 rubies
90 minutes = 1,000 rubies
3 hours = 1,500 rubies
6 hours = 2,000 rubies
These are the only 4 options because even one day of running around with your enemy’s banner could result in too much chaos; the event itself should only last for 24 hours. The part about gaining rubies is also affected by the amount of rubies spent. If the flag replicators are caught, they give 1/5 of the rubies paid to them to the player whose flag they attempted to duplicate. So if Prince John pays 1,500 rubies to duplicate Robin Hood’s coat of arms but fails, then 300 rubies goes to Robin Hood.
Next, the chance of success or failure:
The percentage of success is normally 90% with of course 10% chance of failure, however for each guardhouse in the opponent’s castle, the percentage changes.
Guardhouse level 1 = +1% chance of failure
Guardhouse level 2 = +2% chance of failure
Guardhouse level 3 = +3% chance of failure
Guardhouse level 4 = +4% chance of failure
The number of guardhouses is stackable, so if Ivanhoe has one level 4 and four level 3 guardhouses, the chance of success is reduced to only 74% (10+12+4=26.) Also if the replicators are caught, it is revealed who sent them.
Moving on, what happens if the duplication is a success.
The player who successfully replicated the flag then gets to send out as many armies under that flag as they wish, until the time limit runs out. (And yes, they can attack a castle lord with his/her own banner, civil wars do happen.) However if a player defeats an attacking army using a false flag, it is shown who really sent the army. Meanwhile the loser, the player who duplicated the flag, can no longer send armies under that flag, unless they buy more replicators and duplicate the same person’s flag again. So if Sir Lancelot replicates Gawain’s banner, attacks King Author, and loses, he then is no longer able to use Gawain’s flag, despite the time limit not being reached.
Here are a couple of things I want to clarify before they are asked.
- If someone loses a battle under another player’s flag, the original owner of the flag still does not know that someone duplicated his/her flag (unless, of course, they are the ones attacked.) Only the player that wins the battle knows who replicated the flag and whose flag was replicated, they can either give out the information or keep it secret, it is their choice.
- If someone replicates another player’s banner and then attacks that player, the army will behave very much like shadow mercenaries; as soon as they are detected, they will randomly appear from any direction. (I think that’s how shadow mercenaries work, I haven’t used them much.)
- If a player successfully duplicates a flag and attacks a different player, then the player’s army will march to the castle whose flag they replicated, and then to the castle they wish to attack. The army cannot be detected until they reach the castle they pretend to come from, this may be an advantage to the attacker - when the castle they replicated and the castle they wish to attack are close - but if otherwise, the whole idea is ruined.
- You can only duplicate one flag at a time; no running around with 12 different banners.
- The speed of the flag replicators would probably be close to that of sabotaging agents, however this also depends on whether that speed makes them too disastrous or too useless.
- You can only attempt to replicate players in your bracket; levels 11-20 can try to duplicate each other’s flag, however a level 12 cannot try to duplicate a level 32’s flag, and a level 70 cannot try to duplicate a level 27’s flag. It should work almost exactly like the nobility contest: 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, and 51-70.
- The success/failure percentage should also change between level brackets, the example given earlier on should apply to levels 50-70, so I would expect it to be something like this: level 11-20 = 70% of success, level 21-30 = 75% of success, level 31-40 = 80% of success, level 41-50 = 85% of success, and level 51-70 = 90% of success; the reason for this is, of course, because lower levels do not have nearly as many leveled up guardhouses as higher levels.
- One last thing, levels 1-10 are not able to participate in this event, as many new players would probably leave after getting sacked by several annoyed people they never even attacked.
Alright, thanks for reading! I hope it wasn’t too long or boring. I’m sure many of you can think of reasons why you would want this implemented, and I’m also sure many of you could give reasons why this idea is flawed and wouldn’t work, so please leave comments, suggestions, questions, or criticism. By the way, if this idea has been posted before and shot down, then I’m sorry, but I could not find any thread relating to it. Peace.