We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: World Map Optimizations

CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
Hey folks,

Here's the Official Discussion Thread for the World Map Optimizations!

Regards,

Steve.
Post edited by CM Arcanine on

Comments

• neil33 (GB1)neil33 (GB1) Posts: 1,762
    edited 10.06.2014
    Hi Steve,

"The armies on the world map will be smaller"?

What exactly does this mean?

Does this mean RV's will not increase food production at the current rate?
    Will we be producing less food, or your army that can be sent out will be smaller?

OR

Is the army size for the RB's?

Just want to clear any mis-understanding about army size.

Thanks,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proud member of Praetorians

SO...I get conned out of rubies and support refuse to give them back. But when a ruby player does the same as me they get them back? This to me is point blank evidence that support and GGE don't give a fuck about us non ruby buyers...

http://prntscr.com/93xafb

Still think MeepMeep is one mad patty!
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 10.06.2014
    neil332 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

"The armies on the world map will be smaller"?

What exactly does this mean?

Does this mean RV's will not increase food production at the current rate?
    Will we be producing less food, or your army that can be sent out will be smaller?

OR

Is the army size for the RB's?

Just want to clear any mis-understanding about army size.

Thanks,

Hey neil332,

These are purely graphical changes, don't worry!

Regards,

Steve.
  • triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 10.06.2014
    Excellent, excellent! Wonderful, wonderful! Happy, happy!
    It really is great to see GGS fully noting the feedback given on this forum, and not only that feedback given by 3k+ people. True, this update doesn't involve any financial bonus for GGS, that may entice them to uphold a misdirected update, but I feel one should celebrate a victory when one gets it. So Huzzah!
    We should collect money to buy everybody in GGS a beer, or something like that.

Erm, one question though. When it is stated "The difference between the 6 and 8 outpost is clearer." and "A few decorative elements have been given more subtle colours.", what exactly is meant? Are there any more details on these two points?
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
  • Roy Maltby (GB1)Roy Maltby (GB1) Posts: 171
    edited 10.06.2014
    Why can you not just give us an option to change back to the old map? The new one is so bad. Please give us this option and then feel free to make the crap cartoon version whatever you want.
    Recruiter for Crimson Guard - Mail me in game
  • VoidstormVoidstorm Posts: 1,303
    edited 10.06.2014
    Finally, something good has happened to Goodgame Empire.

Although, as triangle mentioned, what exactly is the difference between 8 and 6 food ops?
    I remember that the difference right now is a highland indicates a 8 food/wood/stone op while outposts where elevation is normal, it is a 6 food/wood/stone outpost.
  • Matty1234Matty1234 Posts: 4
    edited 10.06.2014
    No word on RBC reports though....??
    Was hoping we would be able to see tools again.
    Matty1234 @ en 1
  • AnonumusSoldierAnonumusSoldier Posts: 181
    edited 10.06.2014
    i personally liked the new graphics, only problem with te update was tool listings and i discovered it was harder to find fortresses. the spy rpeorts did show up on hte map but it was random when they did, so i think that was just a bug. but it is good to hear gge is listneing ot its players and changing things. now i just have to work on removing the democracy and installing a puppet king that will give me the keys ot the ruby making room......
    AnonumusSoldier @ usa 1
    Proud member of Storm Reapers:thumbup:

Engaging in honorable combat daily. REAP ON!!!
    :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathsweeper (US1)deathsweeper (US1) Posts: 2,251
    edited 10.06.2014
    Good choice GGE. It would be better to just reverse that last update though. Give back the old map AND tools on spy reports. It was fine the way it was with the old map but glad to hear your making at least a few modifications to the new one and realizing you did something wrong.
    For My Suggestion Thread Go Here:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?122041-Lots-of-Great-Suggestions&p=1424338#post1424338

Deathsweeper at USA1! Founder and Co-leader of Vae Victis!!
  • Jaydpt (INT1)Jaydpt (INT1) Posts: 163
    edited 10.06.2014
    Roy Maltby wrote: »
    Why can you not just give us an option to change back to the old map? The new one is so bad. Please give us this option and then feel free to make the crap cartoon version whatever you want.

I think the old map was the crap cartoon version, the new map looks and feels a lot more grown up, and really stands out compared to the old and now with these changes i think it will be even better.
    I can also live without seeing how many tools are stacked at an opponents castle but i would like to see how many tools are stacked at the rbc's again so please change it back GGE.
    Jaydpt @ WWW 1
  • mentula207mentula207 Posts: 31
    edited 10.06.2014
    so will the spy reports ever be addressed? i feel that u r just throwing us a few crumbs with the graphics tweaks. they r unimportant in comparison to the spy reports.
    mentula207 @ usa 1
  • Giselle3Giselle3 Posts: 243
    edited 10.06.2014
    so am I reading correctly that the huge issues with spy reports are ignored? world cup betting still occuring?

and why not give us an "old graphic style" button? I'm glad it's being improved, but I highly suspect it'll still make me cross eyed. I just want to let my eyes relax, this style is awful.
    Giselle @ en 1
  • rob plainrob plain Posts: 104
    edited 10.06.2014
    I cant take much more looking at the new maps , its killing my eyes , ive cut way back on hitting rbcs if its not fixed I with many others will just say F___K it.
    rob plain @ usa 1
  • deathsweeper (US1)deathsweeper (US1) Posts: 2,251
    edited 10.06.2014
    I don't need all the graphics of the new map. I'd prefer to have a map I can easily read than one I have to squint to see the difference between a RB and a castle.
    For My Suggestion Thread Go Here:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?122041-Lots-of-Great-Suggestions&p=1424338#post1424338

Deathsweeper at USA1! Founder and Co-leader of Vae Victis!!
  • supriyo771184 (US1)supriyo771184 (US1) Posts: 41US1
    edited 10.06.2014
    when will be the spy report changed??????
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The object of war is not to die for you country
    but to make the other bastard die for his."
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Supi (US1)
  • AhmadPlayer40AhmadPlayer40 Posts: 325
    edited 10.06.2014
    They'll never fix it and we'll just have to guess the amount of tools in a tower :(
    AhmadPlayer40 @ usa 1
    4.jpg
  • triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 10.06.2014
    rob plain wrote: »
    I cant take much more looking at the new maps , its killing my eyes , ive cut way back on hitting rbcs if its not fixed I with many others will just say F___K it.
    Jaydpt wrote:
    I think the old map was the crap cartoon version, the new map looks and feels a lot more grown up, and really stands out compared to the old and now with these changes i think it will be even better.

The problem with both of these arguments is that they are both based upon aesthetic appeal. It's quite understandable if you disliked the old or the new map, but the business of aesthetics is a famously imprecise science. What appeals to one seems repugnant to others, and what "kills my eyes" might well look "a lot more grown up" to another. For this reason, GGS would have to be lunatics to accept any argument based upon personal aesthetic preferences, as there is no method by which they could rule one map to be "aesthetically superior" to another. The only way then (and this seems to have worked in this case) to argue one's case for or against a particular map (be it old or new), is to asses how practically useful it is as a tool in playing the game. That is the issue here, not if you think one looks more babyish than the other.
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
  • Galvatron (NL1)Galvatron (NL1) Posts: 4
    edited 11.06.2014
    So are the Keeps displayed on the world maps gonne be replaced by Real Castle's

makes no sens that last update replaced our main Castles ,by putting in Keeps on the world maps.
    Galvatron @ nl 1
  • kingthomas (US1)kingthomas (US1) Posts: 377
    edited 11.06.2014
    I agree with a previous poster... All of this is great, but none of it addresses the fact that the mass of the players want the spy reports to show tool counts... That was the biggest complaint and yet didn't even get addressed... GGE just trying to be slick... I bet GGE even has fake accounts on the forums just so they have a few that boast about how awesome the updates are so it looks like they have mixed reviews... A.K.A. triangle, had to LOL at your statement saying the update has no monetary value to GGE.
    kingthomas @ usa 1

5xtDarnF5pX3ngJ3nfagif 
    Alliance: Gives No Focks

Level:70

Quote: "We are either Kings' or Pawns' of men"
  • cur (skn1)cur (skn1) Posts: 126
    edited 11.06.2014
    yes the world map was a mess, thank you GGE for realize that...

what had most complains and something everyone REALLY dislike is the spy rapports.... I see they wont chance that?? maybe Steve? or someone else can give a good explanation on that? thanks....
    cur, Nordic 1
  • Drake312009UserDrake312009User Posts: 10
    edited 11.06.2014
    I want my flag bigger i payed good money for it!!!!!!!!!!
Sign In to comment.