Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Changes to the Storm Islands.

CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
Hey guys,

Here's the Discussion Thread for the Storm Island Changes.

Let us know what you think!

Regards,

Steve.
Post edited by CM Arcanine on

Comments

• Jaydpt (INT1)Jaydpt (INT1) Posts: 163
    edited 29.04.2014
    Sounds Interesting but wont get too excited till i see how the changes actually effect the event, but at least you guys seem to have listened to us a little more.
    Jaydpt @ WWW 1
  • Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 29.04.2014
    Glad to hear you are improving the new kingdome, but I'm not going to say anything about the updates until I can see them.

Anyway, would it be to much to ask if you could maybe post a list of the things Luna will be offering for Aquamarines? I am sure many people who have already acquired all the equipment would appreciate knowing if it will be worth joining again this round, or whether, like I have heard many say, they will forget about it and not do it again, as they don't feel it is worth the effort.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
  • Lady Eleanor (GB1)Lady Eleanor (GB1) Posts: 33
    edited 29.04.2014
    Do the changes include being able to retain resource islands once they have been occupied as is the case with resource villages in Everwinter, Burning Sands and Fire Peaks because at the moment if more than one player attacks the same island the other attacks do not "bounce" which can cause problems with some players accusing others of "stealing" their islands.
    Lady Eleanor @ en 1
  • edited 29.04.2014
    aidan952 wrote: »
    Anyway, would it be to much to ask if you could maybe post a list of the things Luna will be offering for Aquamarines?
    At the moment yes, since no list exists or is confirmed. That part is simply a teaser for the future, it could be weeks away yet.
    Do the changes include being able to retain resource islands once they have been occupied as is the case with resource villages in Everwinter, Burning Sands and Fire Peaks because at the moment if more than one player attacks the same island the other attacks do not "bounce" which can cause problems with some players accusing others of "stealing" their islands.
    Technically no player ever owns a resource island and therefore there is no stealing invovled. Attacks will not be changed to bounce since the owner never actually changes.

Regards,
    Ethan
  • WugeeWugee Posts: 39
    edited 29.04.2014
    Can't wait to see the new changes. I hope they are good as they sound.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered, and then I built a castle"

-- Me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I love Rubies!

Proud Member of Phoenix Family and Bloody Blades family - Int2
    1000+/- honor
    Knight (Glory title varies) 8)
    Lvl 62
    A Proud non-ruby player
  • Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 29.04.2014
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    At the moment yes, since no list exists or is confirmed. That part is simply a teaser for the future, it could be weeks away yet.

Regards,
    Ethan

K. Thanks for the quick reply.

One more question,
    The upgrading of cargo ships will be slightly more expensive at higher levels and need longer to complete.
    Does this mean the higher the level of the player? Or the Cargo Ship? I'm pretty sure it's the Cargo Ship, but just want to make sure.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
  • RamSekhar1 (IN1)RamSekhar1 (IN1) Posts: 23
    edited 29.04.2014
    But once I launch the attack and someone sends attackers before I send defenders. Its not the case with resource villages in other worlds. Once I capture it there and if someone sends attack, it says that "It is not with current owner". So eventually, it would good only if the other player is able to attack an resource island as long as the owner is same when he launched the attack and it should bounce back if the owner changes.
    RamSekhar1 @ in 1
  • RamSekhar1 (IN1)RamSekhar1 (IN1) Posts: 23
    edited 29.04.2014
    CM Malreyn wrote: »

Technically no player ever owns a resource island and therefore there is no stealing invovled. Attacks will not be changed to bounce since the owner never actually changes.

Regards,
    Ethan

But once I launch the attack and someone sends attackers before I send defenders. Its not the case with resource villages in other worlds. Once I capture it there and if someone sends attack, it says that "It is not with current owner". So eventually, it would good only if the other player is able to attack an resource island as long as the owner is same when he launched the attack and it should bounce back if the owner changes.
    RamSekhar1 @ in 1
  • Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 29.04.2014
    this whole thing su'cks.
    there sohuld be something for the more people who r not reentering storm, or r below level 35.
  • bobbysbrobobbysbro Posts: 1,265
    edited 29.04.2014
    So what you've done is, make a already bad event, even worse!
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • solveig (SKN1)solveig (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 25
    edited 29.04.2014
    I have only one thing to say: Boycut storm islands. It's the biggest noney machine GGS has made yet, and still it's not enough, we don't use enough tools, so now it will be more difficult to occupie islands
    solveig @ skn 1
  • Shrock2Shrock2 Posts: 182
    edited 29.04.2014
    I shed tears of happiness :D
    Shrock @ in 1

Eternal lurker of this forum.
  • Tifesse (INT1)Tifesse (INT1) Posts: 12
    edited 29.04.2014
    Sometimes I ask myself why do the changes:

- We are given more development in the castle at the beginning. Yes this is good as you can better protect yourself if your alliance is at war with another. But giving us a better castle and increasing the time of building cargo ships...doesn't change anything!

- Give us higher farmhouse at the beginning but the aqua rvs will be harder to capture so we need more troops...

- The cost to upgrade cargo ships are increased for higher levels but the aqua rvs will not give as much aqua as before!

As I see it most changes are cancelling each other out one way or another.

As it has been said above, for players who have already obtained all the equipment from Luna, then they will not enter the event until the new list of items is established. There is no point for me spending rubies in the new world if there are no new features added. My alliance is in the top 5 so we have all the rewards. Up to now there is nothing that I want from the new world.

Also I will not enter the event again until we are given the guarantee that the list of rewards offered at the start is not altered half way through the event! I am still annoyed with not having the coin exchange back...i have accumulated loads of aqua for nothing as I cannot use it all for cargo ships and the new soldiers are rubbish compared to KGs.

Please do not delete my post. Thanks
    Tifesse @ WWW 1
  • triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 29.04.2014
    Hmmm...Let's see
    The starting castle for all newcomers to the island kingdom has been significantly expanded and now has another building ground expansion as well as walls, gates and towers being increased to level 3. In addition there are now four level 9 farm houses and a level 3 mill at the start.
    You will now also start with a fairly high amount of food already in stock, so along with the other new features players are significantly more competitive from the beginning!
    Great. Just great. It happened to me twice in the last event, that I imported 100 men (barely an army), and they starved before I could do so much as finish my bath. It was only possible for heavy ruby buyers, who where able to build buildings purely through the expenditure of rubies, to actually have an army for the first two weeks. This is how you truly improve competition: by giving people the tools required to compete.
    The upgrading of cargo ships will be slightly more expensive at higher levels and need longer to complete.
    Erm... I would disagree with this update. Although I am not quite sure about how fast the higher level buildings build in relation to lower leveled ones, I feel that we should remember the purpose of the higher/lower leveled buildings. The lower leveled Cargo ships (LCS) are generally designed for lower leveled players (makes sense, huh?). Such players will generally have a aqua points income, and can therefore afford to spend greater amounts of time building LCS. However, in order to reach higher leveled cargo ships (HCS), one already needs a high aqua income. And if one has such a high aqua income, one needs to get rid of the things as fast as possible. As such, I feel that it would make more sense if LCS required more time per aqua to turn into cargo points than HCS. But again, I'm not sure how the build time of LCS and HCS are currently.
    Resource Islands will not give as much aquamarine as before and will also be more difficult to attack.
    Erm... I agree with the first part of this update. I feel there to have been a too great gap between the aqua islands and other methods of obtaining aqua. Truly, the only reasonable way of obtaining bulk aqua was to capture islands. However, I would disagree with the second part. This is because making the islands harder to get would make it absolutely impossible for lower-mid leveled players to obtain islands. Now I know what the response to that is going to be. The event is not designed for lower leveled players. However, I would argue that while this is true, lower leveled players should still have the possibility, if they commit themselves to it, to perform reasonably well in the event. It should be hard, but not impossible.
    You will be able to earn more aquamarines by completing the repeatable quests
    I agree with this for the same reasons that I agreed and disagreed with the previous point. It makes the gap between aqua islands and other methods smaller, and helps lower leveled players.
    The cooldown time for the resource islands has also been changed.
    Up? Down? Sideways? Loop-di-loop? Perhaps we will be exploring some new dimensions. 5-D? 18-D?
    Previews:
    We see that the rewards points from 5000, 90,000 and 200,000 are too far away from each other and therefore we will soon add additional reward points between the existing limits.

Since Luna currently only offers a few things at her ship, we will add many additional offers in exchange for aquamarines.
    Nothing to say further than: Fully agreed.
    The special island troops will be made effective for glory hunters, since these warriors will no longer sacrifice themselves if they meet opened gates.
    The troops sacrificed themselves at open gates? Well, I'm glad you will be removing that, but am also slightly shocked that such a function existed in the first place. Did nobody expect people to open their gates in a kingdom where defense is impossible?

Overall, nice update. 7.5/10 Far better than usual.
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 29.04.2014
    this whole thing su'cks.
    solveig wrote:
    It's the biggest noney machine GGS has made yet

Would you two mind explaining what exactly about this "noney machine" "su'cks"?

I think it's a reasonable update. A heads up that there will be changed midway through is certainly better than expecting it to all stay the same (like we thought would happen last time - based on stuff like the Thorn King and Berimond). But the changes (more rewards) seem to all be positive anyway.
    BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
    We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
    We just wanna make the world dance
    Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
    2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
    3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
  • Cornet6 (US1)Cornet6 (US1) Posts: 1,740
    edited 29.04.2014
    I agree with Triangle above me. Why not make the aquamarines that you receive from resource islands significantly less in exchange for them being significantly weaker? It is already hard to get a resource island, why on earth make it harder to get?

I agree with the farmhouse and windmill increase, that was needed but even still, I think I would rather have weaker resource islands that I can easily get instead of a high farmhouse improvement when I join the kingdom.
    Cornet6 @ usa 1
    Cornet6 @Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn

Proud Founder of AAG

http://www.associatedalliances.com/
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 29.04.2014
    I'm GGS took the constructive criticism to heart! :D I really want to know what Luna will sell...
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• williamandarbelwilliamandarbel Posts: 2,816
    edited 29.04.2014
    Glad they added my idea!
    williamandarbel
    Proudly part of Sword of Truth, US1.

A non-ruby buyer.

#Thedreamliveson
    7.jpg
  • BlacknWhite3BlacknWhite3 Posts: 127
    edited 29.04.2014
    Everything seems okay except for the increase in troops in the aqua islands. Its already hard to get for most people and the players that buy rubies will get them all. I guess its good for GGE because they get more money.

More of the lower and middle levels will probably not do much and not do it again. Also including the people that aren't doing it because of the PO lies.

Overall its a surprise that GGE finally made a decent update
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    edited 30.04.2014
    Generally this update is appears ok ..

"The upgrading of cargo ships will be slightly more expensive at higher levels and need longer to complete."

Not a serious factor for me but they already seem long enough and expensive enough. I have the aqua but not enough time left to reach 10k cargo pts..

"Resource Islands will not give as much aquamarine as before and will also be more difficult to attack."

This is a WHY?? 6hr aquas are hard wo ruby tools and 18hr ones are impossible.. maybe you could add in 12 hr ones to split the difference. [otherwise I would have to follow the mob and agree this is a ruby mine for GGE]

"You will be able to earn more aquamarines by completing the repeatable quests"

This appeals on face value..

I think the RI attacks not bouncing is an obvious attempt to create strife. Why not have them bounce for related alliances at least...

Suggestions.

1. I think cargo points should go to alliance you are in at the time they are built [if not in alliance they can be carried to an alliance though]. There are people swapping alliances to get the alliance a reward.

2. No Honor or Glory should be involved.

3. This event sb every 3 months only. Its too time consuming otherwise.

On an aside I havent seen this question answered..will Thorn or Blade be returning ? or does this replace those??
    Shares @ au 1
Sign In to comment.