Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Unfair equipment?

Comments

• PraesentyaPraesentya Posts: 1,685
    edited 03.04.2014
    Rdrnnr, I do not see the defense of KT's changing with anyone who has this castellan. There is no moat on KT's, which leaves two bonuses, and no one ever defends the middle for obvious reasons. So now we're down to wall, which is still pretty high for a 90/90 castellan but beatable. The other stat is early detection, which Longshanks has already pointed out doesn't work without a Level 5 watchtower.

In terms of capping KT's, the commanders might do quite well based off of the speed boost with the 90/90. But again, if the KT in question has legitimate defense and 20K support there, well this commander is going to do pretty poorly ^^ .

To Jasper:

Most attacks from high level alliances already hit pretty darn quick, in the twenty to thirty minute range. If you're offline, sucks for you I guess, but then again that was always a problem.

KG defense troops are not incredibly superior to Vets - there's only a minor change. Vet Swords are the best defense troops in the game in my opinion, yet somehow every server underuses them...
    Praesentya @ 'Murica1
  • RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 03.04.2014
    Praesentya wrote: »
    KG defense troops are not incredibly superior to Vets - there's only a minor change. Vet Swords are the best defense troops in the game in my opinion, yet somehow every server underuses them...

Other players try to use vet swords, but they all see your... eyes... and flock to your castle, leaving ours defenseless...

I forgot the no moat on KT's, so you have a very valid point. I wonder if having a moat bonus on your castellan will give you the bonus, even if you don't have a moat?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno
    edited 03.04.2014
    Rdrnnr wrote: »
    Other players try to use vet swords, but they all see your... eyes... and flock to your castle, leaving ours defenseless...

I forgot the no moat on KT's, so you have a very valid point. I wonder if having a moat bonus on your castellan will give you the bonus, even if you don't have a moat?!?

Hehe ;)

I wondered the exact same thing but turns out that's not the case, I ran some BS battles with friends to verify :(
    Praesentya @ 'Murica1
    edited 03.04.2014
    Not a double post, just wanted to intentionally violate forum rules obviously.
    Praesentya @ 'Murica1
  • jasper22 (INT1)jasper22 (INT1) Posts: 277
    edited 03.04.2014
    Yeah the times have gotten shorter and shorter still 20-30 min is enough to call someone on their phone and warn them in time most of the time. Now 10 min or less that sucks. Just thought of this. would wolfs not be a lot stronger with this commander. Normally I don’t use tools with wolfs since they slow them down and wolfs are all about speed. For a max speed commander you will not have 90/90 and good wall and good moat. Of course wolfs are used mostly against rv and they don’t have a moat.

I know some did not want to research vet sword since they like to use them as cleaner for rb. Besides having a capitol means kg defends as a unique troop sort makes us want to use them a lot :D.

I looked at the stats. Vet sword compared to kg melee they are 13 points stronger in ranged def but 12 points weaker in melee def. Compared to kg ranged they are 70 points stronger in melee def and 66 points weaker in ranged def. Seems like melee kg and vet sword are pretty close except sword needs 6 food per hour and melee kg only 4. Definitely something to play around with when I get my hands on a decent supply of lime powder bombs.
    Titans
  • qoeqoe Posts: 75
    edited 03.04.2014
    Praesentya wrote: »
    There is a way to counter them, the offense tool is called a 'warhorn.' However, LPB's add 33% Melee bonus to the wall, and warhorns only take -1% Melee bonus per tool. You can see how ineffective warhorns are and why no one ever uses them. Essentially, there is no way to counter tool boosted melee.

I don't think war horn works the way you described here Pras.

According to description, war horns increase melle troops attacking power by 1%, not reduce damage from melle defenders. So it works completely different compare to how mantlets reduce damege from range defenders. So it is not a counter to Lime Powder Bombs.
  • dueltheabdul (INT1)dueltheabdul (INT1) Posts: 1,715
    edited 03.04.2014
    qoe wrote: »

According to description, war horns increase melle troops attacking power by 1%, not reduce damage from melle defenders. So it works completely different compare to how mantlets reduce damege from range defenders. So it is not a counter to Lime Powder Bombs.

Technically the same. If my castellan as 90% ranged and your commander has 90% ranged. Both of our ranged troops will be on the same level. The only difference will be the base power.

EDIT:

... Didn't do the calculations, so what I wrote is wrong. Ignore everything I said.
    Please call me abdul Thanks

abdul @ International 2
    abdul @ canada1
    #thedreamliveson

The nice guy that attacks you and then sends resources. ^^ ----> Not anymore

A proud non-ruby player

Winner of 3 Nobility Contests, soon to be 4 (hopefully) :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ollie2220Ollie2220 Posts: 78
    edited 03.04.2014
    Baldrick, your info is correct:

http://prntscr.com/36q8g9

http://prntscr.com/36q8uw

And to clarify, these items to my knowledge cost 450k rubies each. (Each Piece)
    of6per.png

"Epicness are the most consistent of the top ten alliances despite having less players I don't remember them being outside the top ten. Epicness are known for there sense of humour." - Batten, The Syndicate.

"Epicness is the best non-max player alliance on the server, with great and hilarious members." - JimboJetset, BSK.
    edited 03.04.2014
    Technically the same. If my castellan as 90% ranged and your commander has 90% ranged. Both of our ranged troops will be on the same level. The only difference will be the base power.

Its not the same abdul.

mantlets/shield walls can reduce your range defenders to 0, while war horns cant do the same for melle defenders.

200% melle power vs 100% melle power, is not the same as 100% melle power vs 0% melle power
  • triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 03.04.2014

That's not actually true.
    The base power of a heavy crossbowman is 92, times that by the commander bonus (92 x1.9) is 174.8 attack power per soldier.
    The base defense (in ranged only) of a longbowman is 125, times that again by the commander bonus (125x1.9) is 237.5.
    The difference between their base powers is 33. The difference between their powers once the commander has been figured in is 62.7. A significant increase of almost 200%.

Therefore, increasing the attackers' strength by 1% (92 x1.01) gives you an increase of 9.2 (+ the base value), while decreasing the defenders' strength by 1% (125 x0.99) gives you a decrease of -1.25 (+ the base value). If you apply this to several hundred, or thousand, troops, it makes a huge difference.
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
  • ReehaniReehani Posts: 175
    edited 03.04.2014
    jasper22 wrote: »
    To Reehani:
    I think you will get different definitions of ruby whale but to me it’s the players that spend hundreds of euros a month on the game. I don’t consider ruby whales something bad to be I love the ones in my alliances. what I consider as a bad thing is ggs focus to make them stronger and stronger disrupting the game balance more and more.
    Thank you for taking time to answer, this clarified a couple of points for me. :)
    If the woman's heart finds its master, she will never refuse to bear his mark. The chastity belt, the collar, the fetters and scars, even the cattle brand on her brow - everything will she be ready for, everything will she accept happily when she loves, everything will she be proud of, as the liegeman is proud to stand under the banner of his unconquerable sovereign.

Reehani @ usa 1
  • dueltheabdul (INT1)dueltheabdul (INT1) Posts: 1,715
    edited 04.04.2014
    triangle wrote: »
    That's not actually true.
    The base power of a heavy crossbowman is 92, times that by the commander bonus (92 x1.9) is 174.8 attack power per soldier.
    The base defense (in ranged only) of a longbowman is 125, times that again by the commander bonus (125x1.9) is 237.5.
    The difference between their base powers is 33. The difference between their powers once the commander has been figured in is 62.7. A significant increase of almost 200%.

Therefore, increasing the attackers' strength by 1% (92 x1.01) gives you an increase of 9.2 (+ the base value), while decreasing the defenders' strength by 1% (125 x0.99) gives you a decrease of -1.25 (+ the base value). If you apply this to several hundred, or thousand, troops, it makes a huge difference.

My bad... didn't actually do the the calculations
    Please call me abdul Thanks

abdul @ International 2
    abdul @ canada1
    #thedreamliveson

The nice guy that attacks you and then sends resources. ^^ ----> Not anymore

A proud non-ruby player

Winner of 3 Nobility Contests, soon to be 4 (hopefully) :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sebastian423Sebastian423 Posts: 61
    edited 04.04.2014
    Time to pack my bags i think...
  • tekker99tekker99 Posts: 17
    edited 04.04.2014
    The best piece of equipment I have seen was an 80/80 for a commander off someone in a really good alliance..but to think of 90/90/120/45 or whatever crazy stats there must be on some commanders- seems like a ruby gimmick to me.
    Let's...get...TECHNICAL!!!
    edited 04.04.2014

I just checked, your absolutely correct. Completely my mistake, guess I was just mixed up as I never use them.

You're right though, not a counter to LPB's at all in this case. Nice catch ;)
    Praesentya @ 'Murica1
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 04.04.2014
    Ruby Whale: Definition?

Hard to get it down to facts, but in my view, a ruby whale is the kind of player who automatically double doubles all troops, always. Also, a true ruby whale will hit towers using full ranged attacks and armourer tools, knowing they will win without a need to spy. Those two items cost a hell of a lot. On tope of that, the ruby whales can afford to buy equipment and fully upgrade using rubies with the technicus. Another sign is the ability to build entire castles or camps by using the travelling merchant combined with insta-complete can allow completion within an hour. I've seen this a few times, worth watching.

Now, some players may use these functions of the game occasionally, and I built one berimond camp in this way to the point that it was about half full (not using the merchant) and it cost me 300,000 rubies. That is not something I can afford often, but figured I would do it that once. A true Ruby whale will do that every single time, on multiple camps, probably spending millions of rubies in a day.

I know of several players that I would class as ruby whales, who have not received this offer. I would love to find out what the criteria are to enable this offer. My only guess is that it is based on recent ruby purchases.

Me, I'm a porpoise :(
    It's been a while.....

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    edited 04.04.2014
    What's instacomplete?
    Batten @ en 1
    edited 04.04.2014
    Baldrick,

Maybe ask your ruby whale friends if they have max lvl for premium account.

It could probably be the trigger (none in my alliance have lvl 10 premium account and as far as i know, no one got the offer either) for this offer for supporting the unpopular premium account updates?
  • mayankrulemayankrule Posts: 297
    edited 04.04.2014
    Baldrick,

It could probably be the trigger (none in my alliance have lvl 10 premium account and as far as i know, no one got the offer either) for this offer for supporting the unpopular premium account updates?

Possible,
    That might be the reason too
    Mayankrule @ International 1 or WWW1

Fire @ Aus1
  • gandalf612gandalf612 Posts: 154
    edited 04.04.2014
    Baldrick,

That is pure and utter genius.
    3565304.gif

gandalf612 Level 46 Count @ usa 1 and Level 25 @ poland 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file