Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!


ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.


If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

En1 War

1829

Comments

  • fujiwara (GB1)fujiwara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 647
    edited 04.04.2014
    jross wrote: »
    well i wish use luck in getting the capital. but as for not asking friends to join in well i dont believe this whats in it for them with you gaining a capital

    The justifications for Epicness' involvement are repeatedly stated throughout this thread. For Uknighted, ask them. They aren't going to do it just to increase BSK's powerbase, so either they will share that information themselves, or they'll hold it close to their chest - it's their choice.

    So far, I've done my best to be as honest as possible on our positions in all this. If you want to call me a liar, there's nothing I can do about that to prove otherwise I'm afraid, as proving we didn't do something isn't really possible.
    fujiwara @ en 1

    Author of the Empire alliance management studio web app - contact me if you want to try it out

    invpng
  • A Lost Soul (GB1)A Lost Soul (GB1) Posts: 53
    edited 04.04.2014
    like i said good luck with the capital
    jross @ en 1
  • oWarHero (GB1)oWarHero (GB1) GB1 Posts: 97
    edited 04.04.2014
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Well, the only reason the power points changed was because the Dark Union decided to get rid of one of their wings. BSK has not changed in strength at all since Sunday, but the Dark Alliances have if you view player numbers and number of wings as an indication of strength. Power points are fairly skewed too, apart from Grass capitals and Metropolises, which both provide great benefits, the rest are only numbers. Sure they are a sign of strength, as retaining things shows strength, but they do not provide strength themselves, the alliances who own them do.

    Apologies for my statement regarding your alliance, I was simply trying topoint out that who has the capitals, or the power points probably wont change your position on the server, unless you have agreements with any of them.

    Bending rules? Meh. The only rules there are in this game are published by GGS. How we play depend son each alliances own agreements, guidelines and their view of the game.

    Well don't you think it's worrying enough for the rest of the server then that not only is your alliance clearly the most powerful anyway, but you have two wings that are in the top 10, and the only alliance family that came close to your power was the Darks - who have recently lost a wing and a capital? You're now already clearly the most powerful alliance family and can crush almost any who choose to oppose you, so why do you need this capital? Or is it simply just a matter of want?

    Apology accepted, simple mis-communication I guess, phrased like that you sound much more like a gent lol

    I would say okay with that last statement, but in the few dealings I've had with BSK they've been very specific about rules etc and I'm sorry but it doesn't look good for you to be so willing to cast the rules that were mainly set by you/your alliance aside so easily.

    // On a separate note... If we're talking about the capital being taken with an owner, well then techincally it should belong to Raphael1965 as he capped it. Then it was given to p1234pk5. Unfortunately these have both quit which is why Brian owns it. Whilst I have no doubt he put a lot of money into it, I do not agree that it is his as I know that a lot of TDDm and TDU etc put money into building it, therefore, imo, I think it should belong to the alliance, not Brian58, and that it should be resolved between TDU and what is now FD. //
    oWarHero @ en 1
  • Sam4 (GB1)Sam4 (GB1) Posts: 464
    edited 04.04.2014
    oWarHero wrote: »
    // On a separate note... If we're talking about the capital being taken with an owner, well then techincally it should belong to Raphael1965 as he capped it. Then it was given to p1234pk5. Unfortunately these have both quit which is why Brian owns it. Whilst I have no doubt he put a lot of money into it, I do not agree that it is his as I know that a lot of TDDm and TDU etc put money into building it, therefore, imo, I think it should belong to the alliance, not Brian58, and that it should be resolved between TDU and what is now FD. //

    Can Epicness have TDU's capital back then please? :) I mean, we did built it from the bottom up and put all the decor in it, millions of res and rubies...

    Not sure it works like this to be honest.
    Sam4 - Leader of EPICNESS @UK1
  • paul furnell (GB1)paul furnell (GB1) Posts: 128
    edited 04.04.2014
    nice to see so many people awake on the uk server .
    paul furnell @ en 1 new leader of the musketeers we are back rebuilding what was lost.
  • paul furnell (GB1)paul furnell (GB1) Posts: 128
    edited 04.04.2014
    Sam4 wrote: »
    Can Epicness have TDU's capital back then please? :) I mean, we did built it from the bottom up and put all the decor in it, millions of res and rubies...

    Not sure it works like this to be honest.

    take it its fair game why not have a massive all out capital war with all the owners go for each others and see who wins :)
    paul furnell @ en 1 new leader of the musketeers we are back rebuilding what was lost.
  • oWarHero (GB1)oWarHero (GB1) GB1 Posts: 97
    edited 04.04.2014
    Sam4 wrote: »
    Can Epicness have TDU's capital back then please? :) I mean, we did built it from the bottom up and put all the decor in it, millions of res and rubies...

    Not sure it works like this to be honest.

    Fair point I guess... I only mentioned it before cos the capital in question at present has not changed alliance until now.
    oWarHero @ en 1
  • fujiwara (GB1)fujiwara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 647
    edited 04.04.2014
    oWarHero wrote: »
    Well don't you think it's worrying enough for the rest of the server then that not only is your alliance clearly the most powerful anyway, but you have two wings that are in the top 10, and the only alliance family that came close to your power was the Darks - who have recently lost a wing and a capital? You're now already clearly the most powerful alliance family and can crush almost any who choose to oppose you, so why do you need this capital? Or is it simply just a matter of want?

    I'm surprised that anyone would consider us owning another capital scary. We aren't strong because we have one. We are strong because we're active, competent, work well together, support each other, and train new members up to a high standard of play if required.

    I have no KG defenders, and I earned my KG attackers the hard way. If we owned the capital, it would give us about a 5-7% increase in defensive strength, but would cost us way more defenders than that holding it. Even though it's one of the few sites of power with genuine value, it's not going to make us any stronger as an alliance. We want it because of a combination of the kudos of having it and the history mentioned previously.

    In no way should it make us more scary to the rest of the server.
    oWarHero wrote: »
    I would say okay with that last statement, but in the few dealings I've had with BSK they've been very specific about rules etc and I'm sorry but it doesn't look good for you to be so willing to cast the rules that were mainly set by you/your alliance aside so easily.

    I'm sorry you've had that experience. We have rules for our players, and our players only. We have gone to some length to explain the likely consequences of behaviour we will be unhappy receiving, and have gone out of our way to publicise our "fair play" policy externally so that people know what to expect from us.

    You can view this here: http://prntscr.com/345ej7

    As far as I'm concerned, every alliance should be able to play how they like. We will not dictate to others how they should play, and if you receive messages demonstrating otherwise from BSK-AF players, I would appreciate it if you would get in touch with me so I can resolve it internally.
    fujiwara @ en 1

    Author of the Empire alliance management studio web app - contact me if you want to try it out

    invpng
  • paul furnell (GB1)paul furnell (GB1) Posts: 128
    edited 04.04.2014
    jross wrote: »
    you must be joking they would never hand there capital away look at how they are going at CG lol.

    that was ment for the ice and sands one m8 that baldrick apparently says are crapitals so why don't he give them away .
    paul furnell @ en 1 new leader of the musketeers we are back rebuilding what was lost.
  • deepfriedcat (GB1)deepfriedcat (GB1) Posts: 250
    edited 04.04.2014
    jross wrote: »
    well i wish use luck in getting the capital. but as for not asking friends to join in well i dont believe this whats in it for them with you gaining a capital

    Epicness would happily help out if we were asked, but they didnt ask us. We offered because we value our friendship with BSK & want to see them gain a 2nd capital. It makes no difference to us how many capitals they own, but it is in our interest to see it in friendly hands. Its more a matter of us not wanting you to have it, because we like our occasional skirmish with you. But when you almost outnumber us 2-1, its better if you dont have a capital (thats untrue, you already have access to half of one). In theory, you have only lost 16% of a capital - dont ask for my maths its probly wrong (no its not).

    Ask yourself this: What has dark wanderers done to earn a capital?
    deepfriedcat @ EPICNESS en1

    "Ive been sent here to annoy you" - Emunem
  • HalfwhitHalfwhit Posts: 5
    edited 04.04.2014
    Baldrick wrote: »
    PJboi, we have about the same as Dark Union/Dark Wanderers/TDDM had up until Sunday. Centres of power will ALWAYS be in the hands of the strongest, that is the same for all servers. That is how the game works. The ice capitals were held by smaller alliances at one point, and they didn't want them. They provide no benefit but take tie and effort that the smaller alliances just don't have. We were given ours as the original owners just didn't want it anymore. I call the crapitals, because that is what they are.

    People didn't want them or you decided to take them? Because the latter sounds about right from my experience...
    Halfwhit @ en 1
  • risesheena (GB1)risesheena (GB1) Posts: 524
    edited 04.04.2014
    fujiwara wrote: »

    As it was, the whole internal operation was underhanded as hell, and we aren't willing to honour that kind of behaviour.

    Let us not go there, as we all know there was internal problems which the DU leadership tried to fix. DU leadership went by the methods they thought will be able to salvage the situation still in their favor and hold on to capital as well as majority of the players and in there defense, they did inform to us. And from what i know we conveyed once it is outside, it will not be considered as du asset.

    The rest all are interpretations that took different meaning and now in this situation. DU i doubt would have thought we will go for it at the time when they were trying to fix things internally and by keeping us informed they thought we will still stay put, even thought we said we will go for it once it is out.

    No wonder why DU feel let down on how things happened, and they feel they got knocked twice, one by own wing and then by friends. They feel things went south during the messy change/handover and our interference of going for the capital made it worse for them. which if you look from their side is true. from my personal point of view, if the handover happened within the DU alliances, i personally doubt bsk would have gone for it. i know we would have sulked at the missed opportunity, but would have still been forced to accept due to the high moral ground we always take.

    Now that we are here, bsk owning another capital is not going to really make any difference on the server. but the situation leading to this has made things interesting for the rest of the server. The war has started on a petty kudos item and it is matter of time, when more are going to join taking sides and that is how WWIII started :-p

    Wish you all the best to the people who are already involved and for the people who are joining in .. have fun and please keep the chats & MMs clean. We dont know who is it at the other end, may be a kid so keep messages clean. After all it is just a game and enjoy spending time playing it.

    Halfwhit wrote: »
    People didn't want them or you decided to take them? Because the latter sounds about right from my experience...

    Does it really matter, ultimately it will end up at the strongest of alliances. if not us, then another. for the ice capital, i remember the alliance holding it was battered round the clock yet they hold on to it, but then lost interest due to the buggy system of no warning for attacks landing on them and given to us. If the system had been fixed then, they may still wanted to have it as show piece and poke at the bigger alliances and keep trying :-)

    Metros where different at the time, and some of the alliances which thought they could hold it faced the heat of the bigger alliances and was given out to get reprieve.
    risesheena @ en 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlueDog2BlueDog2 Posts: 10
    edited 04.04.2014
    risesheena wrote: »

    No wonder why DU feel let down on how things happened, and they feel they got knocked twice, one by own wing and then by friends.

    The biggest understatement ever written.
    BlueDog @ en 1
  • Blunderbusss (GB1)Blunderbusss (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    edited 04.04.2014
    Just in case anyone was wondering I did in fact beat that level 18 robber baron... sorry to keep you all in suspense!
    Blunderbusss @ en 1
  • Marley38GamerMarley38Gamer Posts: 15
    edited 04.04.2014
    "If we're talking about the capital being taken with an owner, well then techincally it should belong to Raphael1965 as he capped it. Then it was given to p1234pk5. Unfortunately these have both quit"

    Funny how p1234pk5 has quit yet joined Freedominion this week. Just saying....
    Marley38Gamer @ en 1
  • PJboiPJboi Posts: 675
    edited 04.04.2014
    Baldrick wrote: »
    PJboi, we have about the same as Dark Union/Dark Wanderers/TDDM had up until Sunday. Centres of power will ALWAYS be in the hands of the strongest, that is the same for all servers. That is how the game works. The ice capitals were held by smaller alliances at one point, and they didn't want them. They provide no benefit but take tie and effort that the smaller alliances just don't have. We were given ours as the original owners just didn't want it anymore. I call the crapitals, because that is what they are.

    If the are 'crapitals' why are you so desperate to get your hands on two if you think they are that bad don't even bother going after them. but hey your not going to do that are you! prove that you are a very big liar who wants to take all the centres of power. so no its not a favour its abomination.
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Nobody wants them. They suck. We're doing the server a favour by holding on to them. You little guys need all your resources and troops to build your little castles, crapitals would only detract from that.

    Blunderbuss, are you really complaining because I spelled your name wrong? I do remember that conversation, and I believe your language was far less kind than mine, hence my last sentence offering to report you. Alas, I am not so sad to store messages, so I can't post them.

    You had two metros and were obviously unable to defend them and lost them in one day. That's the nature of the game. If you want your metro back, come and get it.

    my point above has been proved again!

    sorry baldrick its not often I disagree with you but here I do way too much.
    PJboi @ en 1 (active)
    PJboi @ WWW 1 (inactive)
    PJboi @ usa 1 (inactive)

    proud founder of Sargent of TDS elite on UK server and War marshal of LOST SOULS HB currently general

    contact me if u want to join us
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 04.04.2014
    PJboi wrote: »
    If the are 'crapitals' why are you so desperate to get your hands on two if you think they are that bad don't even bother going after them. but hey your not going to do that are you! prove that you are a very big liar who wants to take all the centres of power. so no its not a favour its abomination.

    I was talking about ice and sands capitals PJ, which are completely different to Grass Capitals, which is what we are after here. Maybe have a read again and work it out for yourself?

    I don't mind being called a cock, a dick, or all the other things I have been called in this thread and this week by players, but I will not be called a liar. That is something I am not.

    Your second statement is incorrect as it references your first, which is miss informed.
    It's been a while.....



  • deepfriedcat (GB1)deepfriedcat (GB1) Posts: 250
    edited 04.04.2014
    PJboi wrote: »
    If the are 'crapitals' why are you so desperate to get your hands on two if you think they are that bad don't even bother going after them. but hey your not going to do that are you! prove that you are a very big liar who wants to take all the centres of power. so no its not a favour its abomination.

    This one time i kicked the ball lots and played good so they gave me a trophy. I dont think the trofy does much but it sits there and looks pretty an im happy to getted it. The other team was sad cos they dont haf a troffy so they said "deep u haf 2 troofies now and im sad cos i dont. U hafta not play good so i can get one too or u can just give me your one".

    Just because a ice/sand/fire capital & alliance power points dont mean or do much doesnt mean people arent always gonna want to collect them as a trophy. This isnt an 'everyone gets a prize' game
    deepfriedcat @ EPICNESS en1

    "Ive been sent here to annoy you" - Emunem
  • obi wan Kenobi3obi wan Kenobi3 Posts: 34
    edited 04.04.2014
    Wow tere is a lot of arrogance here I guess that comes when half the players keep telling you your the biggest scariest alliance on the server,

    Get organised and hit them see how scary it is or kiss ass and take there side if they are so tough just stop blowing smoke up there behinds please

    they dont own 2 green caps at the moment The darks would if Brian had not took his castellian out making defending it a suicide mission

    choose your sides and stick to them and judging by most of the posts change sides 2 or 3 times when its going badly
    obi wan Kenobi @ en 1
  • shonalouiseshonalouise Posts: 2
    edited 04.04.2014
    Crimson G – I take my hat off to you for being true warriors, for fighting and not allowing BSK to push you aside and do as they wish. Well done people, keep strong and do the right thing 
    Putting aside all the politics and opinions, I truly hope that if you win the capital that Brian then doesn’t follow his usual pattern of moving to where he feels he wants to be and takes the capital with him. Causing yet more distrust, anger and mayhem.
    Have fun people :-)
    shonalouise @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file